Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Edgy Memefographics edition

Old >Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-ynnari/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/white-dwarf-preview/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Storm Ravens in this edition?

>be me
>play emperor's children
>love the new noise marines, they're awesome
>go to store
>play a game against chad
>he sets up his Primaris Marines™
>god i wish my models were as tall as his
>we begin the game
>he deep strikes his Primaris Inceptors™ into my noise marine squad, killing 2 of them on the charge with a well used Command Point™ reroll, killing the rest of them in a single combat phase
>well that's ok i guess, i have a few more squads lef-
>his Primaris Hellblasters™ rip my chaos lord to shreds
>finally my sonic weapons are in range
>aim and fire
>all my rolls missed
>my marines are too short to have any effect on the superior aryan Primaris Marines™
>watch helplessly as that squad is ripped apart by Primaris Intercessor™ Bolt Rifle™ fire
>as he slowly tables me, he looks me in the eyes
>"sucks to be a noiselet, eh buddy?"
>i can hear the sounds of his laughter closing in on me
>run home as they chase me out of the store chanting “NOISELET NOISELET NOISELET”
>they trash my forgeworld sonic dreadnought with a hammer but i managed to escape with the rest of my army
>burn all my models but the metal parts won’t set on fire
>vow to never play 40k again

10/10 choice for OP image

Noiselets just aren't as funny as Fabius stomping all over Titans. 2/10

The Marshal of my BT crusade, newly built (helmet subject to change).

Can ork boy spam compete with guard conscript spam?

Please tell me it is recast.

This poster again, Just wanna ask again in fresh thread

Help me have a fun evening tomorrow.

Probably not, but if someone has some mathhammer to the contrary, I'd love to see it.

So how's this fucker in the 8th?

Anyone know where to get chaos stars, I need to make some Chaos cultists and want to add some to Genestealer cultists I'm using for them.

A summary of Xenos:

Orks: You lose. A lot.

Tyranid: You lose. A lot. But you tend to give a better account of yourselves than Orks.

Necron: Actually you do pretty well for Xenos, you just don’t do much.

Craftworlds: You are either losing or you are only winning because you are playing sidekick to an Imperium hero who saves the day.

Dark Eldar: Again you don’t do much in the Fluff, you do okay when you do though.

Ynnari: You exist as a vehicle for the Imperium

Harlequin: You have almost no major military conflicts to your name

Tau: You do well, like the Necron, but are so tiny you’re repeatedly told it doesn’t matter, and practically the entire fanbase will spit on you and tell you you’re trash

Other side

I don't know, it's definitely a possibility. I got the BT bits from a bits hoard on eBay when I was just starting 40k; some of the bits were a lighter colored plastic like those seen in the picture, whereas others were the standard dark grey GW plastic.

Should i bother with Yarrick? I want reroll 1s aura, but i dont play catachan.

Do you mean lorewise or tabletop?

Way worse than the exocrine

Lorewise.

That inforgraphic is missing Straken, which can give 1 additional attack (which seems to stack with the priest)

3pt 3A seemsbalanced

Inquisition Acolytes with Storm Bolters look too good for 72 points
You can have 2 squads and load them in a Valk for lolz.

If you are loading them up in a valk, go with full flamer loadout for some fun

>take a handful of vindicare assassins
>take out central characters in the conscript blobs
>win against an entire army with a couple models
gg ez

>flamers
>deepstrike

user are you drunk?

>A VAST SWATHE OF SPACE!
Have anyone in GW ever watched the galactic map and t'au empire or is this compared to other minor empires?

> Valkyrie
It's a disembark. You can go as close as you want.

Reposting from dead thread

So conscript spam genuinely seems to be game busting meta more cancerous than riptide-wings, and it's worse because you know for a fact that the shitters who wouldn't paint a couple of enjoyable to paint large models definitely won't paint 100-300 infantry. How could something that was immediately obvious within hours of the leaks escape notice of GW?
a. they genuinely don't care or are functionally retarded
b. the playtesting took place between people who wouldn't grief each other with broken tactics and only use fluffy lists (and ironically conscript spam is the fluffiest of fluffy lists)
c. it was deliberate to sell what is in real money a hugely overcosted model
If it was deliberate then the sale of the poorly sculpted guardsman that looked shot when it was released compared to its predecessor must have been the single underpinning aim of all GW's efforts. New GW indeed.

Could this cause enough butthurt to reverse all GW's fortunes? I think an element of retardation must come into it because most armies could have had a weapon tailored to deal with massive mobs like the deathstrike but which are now worthless.

space is very humongous big

Anyone have the custodes pages from the index?

I want to play shooty orks instead of choppy, how fucked am I this edition?

No, and user, theywill rebalance them if they seem too strong, within months.

Meh not that cool.

>deepstrike

>user are you drunk?

Are you?

I think the playtesters just didn't like making horde armies for some reason, so GW kept buffing them.
Either that, or the playtesting was a lie, and GW just slapped these books together.

I'm hopeful that the codexes will fix this.
When 3rd edition first came out, guard were pretty broken too. (though not nearly to this extent).
It took 2 codex releases for them to finall balance guard. Though once they did, guard were in a really good place.
Effective without being OP, and had lots of fun options.

>deep strike over 9'' away from enemy
>use 8'' flamers
????

>i can't read

So what's the best and worst meme so far to come out from 8th?

Question!

What is the point of Grav Chut if you can simply disembark.

With how fast this thing move, using the chut rule is suicidal.

user, people have said this for just about every generation of IG since the dawn of time.

I don't see a reason why i should take vets now. I can just have 3 command squads in chimera. They both take elite slot, why pay more.

How can they rebalance them with templates gone? As it stands they would have still been a formidable unit even if blasts hadn't been nerfed.
The attempts to 'balance' Eldar and Tau just buffed them and kept them on top for 8 years. The only thing they could do is make it so they can't interact with officers at all and that doesn't make any sense.

The point is disembarking AFTER the vehicle has moved, THEN moving the unit as per normal disembark rules.

GW plastic have varied a lot in colour over the years.

>yarrick
>catachan
What? He doesn't have that keyword.

Help guys! I need clarification on something clearly stated in the rulebook but I'm just too lazy to look at the leaks and I have no friends to ask!
Please help, I posted on Reddit but they aren't responding!

You can only disembark before it moves.
Grav chute can disembark whenever it feels like it.

normally you disembark at the beginning of the movement phase before the transport moves , with the valkyrie you can disembark over any spot it moved during the movement phase
and if you moved 20 inches or less you don't risk injury
allows you to get your dudes where they need to be without having it be blatantly obvious , in rapid fire/flamer range and possibly move them all into cover if need be

Ork boy with a choppa kills 0.89 conscripts (2.67 points) on average each fight phase and 0.15 (0.45 points) in their own shooting phase while locked in close combat. Add 33% more kills in each fight phase if their unit somehow still has twenty models in it.

Conscript with full buffs kills 0.19 orks (1.11 points) in the fight phase and each of their own shooting phases (double that if within 12" but not locked in close combat). Reduce that to 0.15 orks (0.93 points) if they have a painboy.

So in theory, the orks could win if they get stuck in early enough. However, the orks are much more vulnerable to having their buff characters removed for the simple reason that IG have snipers and orks don't.

Im talking about Harker. He is probably the best character in guard book.

>yarrik
You mean Ol iron hand?

It wasn't a simple matter to just include 100 conscripts in any imperial army though. Tyranids couldn't have a huge swarms of genestealers backed up by hundreds of conscripts before.

Indeed.

On the other hand Catachian have Harker that does the same thing for cheaper, and Straken that gives +1A to conscripts (and stacks with priest)

But you can't move after a deepstrike...

Wait a second it is not a deepstrike.

In what situation would be that useful, the bloody thing moves 45".
Positioning the bloody thing.

Well, the three command squads take up three elite choices.

a) he isn't even catachan
b) commisars don't have a regiment keyword (unless you count officio prefectus) , making him the only named character that you can still take in any list without hamstringing yourself or disregarding your own fluff

Where can I get some guitars for my noise marines?
I don't like normal guns that are implied to have sound magic abilities.

>Ol' Iron Hand
You mean Kommisar Krab?

Make their armor save 6+
Change how commissar executions work

>orks dont
ask that one chapter who all died to "ork snipers" that!

snipers aren't all that killy
especially not since you can target them freely in your own fase

>Nukes Chads with Conscripts supported by commanders and commissars hiding behind Tank Commanders that can now fire all their guns while facing sideways for maximized line of sight blockage.

It's the Imperium of MAN motherfuckahs!

If the orks take all their buffing characters is it even cost efficient for IG to bring enough snipers to deal with that?

>Kommisar Krab
You mean grandpa snip snap?

50-90% point cost reduction for sniper units.

Hilariously, the GW Community Viking Hipster guy was talking about "cheeky" ways for Tau suits to deepstrike and still use 8" flamers despite the 9" deepstrike norm.

I think it was Stealth Suit homing beacons, or something, but I wasn't really paying attention.

that'd be hell on every other army's characters

it moves 20 inches minimum what are you on about ?
and even if you do threaten to fly of the edge and you're not playing with death from the skies for some reason you can simply declare you are entering hover mode and turn around / move less than 20 inch

Basically, just look at the list of buffs in the OP pic, and reduce or eliminate almost all of them in some manner.

Might as well take Harker or Yarrick for some rerolls as well.

I wonder how good the Flame Belcha and Super Skorcha will be when they roll out the Index Xenos from Forgeworld.

Or the Klaw Stompa for that matter.

If the Gorkanaut gets 16 attacks, I imagine the Klaw Stompa will probably have an astronomical number.

Okay seriously, how is Yarrik supposed to be able to fight on the same level as Gazzy?
He's several times smaller than him and also old as fuck, it just makes no sense that he could even present a challenge in a straight up fight

So 2 PPM ratling snipers? Okay, time to play a game called "Vanguard Detachment Midget Horde"

>remove orders (they're not as highly trained as guardsmen)
>when a commissar does his execution thing, roll a dice: on a 1 the commissar is slain and the models flee anyway
If you think the first is extreme, there's got to be a reason to take normal guardsmen now, bit as is nobody will.

I want to start building Necrons.
Where the fuck do I start? Where can I find info on dynasties? I cant find the 7e Codex anywhere.

Good. Fuck hero hammer.

It's a real thing. Homing beacons on stealth suits allows you to deep strike crisis suits within 9''. One unit per one beacon. Too bad crisis suits are overcosted shit but it allows 4xFusion Commander to get within melta range or O'shovah close enough for guaranteed charge.

conscript spam isn't fun or cheap

so even waacs will quickly get bored of it

will be interesting to see it at a tournament. if the tournaments rules allow for it. you'd really have to play fast though. biggest problem with so many models.

how about we do none of that dumb shit and just limit the unit size to 30 models ?

That is my point it can move 45" The situation where the suicidal chut rule could be useful. Do not seem to be that often.

>first game of 8th
>deploy tactical hobbits
>try to kill the runthurd
>fail and get charged by grotz
>T2/S2 vs T2/S2
>ork player calls it 40k bum fights
>we kek

He is not

By lore he hes on the same level as a Warboss (see as he got his Crab Klaw), not as Gazzy in a physical fight.

On the other hand he is on par with old G as a tactician.

balls. of. steel.

I don't know! How does half the Space Marine Arial Arsenal even fly on a level comparable to Eldar and Tau? They're freaking bricks!

The answer as in all things 40k is "Coolness Rules and we'll make up a reason. Because magic exists and Orks are magic"

>same number of models in range for FRFSRF
Yeah, great """"""solution"""""".

Removing orders seems reasonable, adding a roll without even killing the commissar seems to fit. They're random jackasses that were picked up to fight, not career soldiers.

he's to old to die

>Fuck hero hammer.
While I agree the biggest issue is that it's going to make the strong named characters very good relative to the midling buff characters like basic meks, priests, etc. It won't stop hero hammer, it'll just stop people from being able to bring low tier, basic characters.

Yarrik is too mean to die
I like to think of him as Gutts from Berserk, he fights to the absolute limits of the human body and ignores debilitating wounds with nothing but gritted teeth and plot armour

Necron Lords "My Will Be Done" adds +1 to WS and BS correct?

>Berserk
Who is the Griffith of 40k? inb4 Griffith did nothing wrong

>snipers aren't all that killy

Hi.

>him, a git with a Klaw
>you, a git with no Klaw
>you looking to get crumped? If you have a klaw it means you're orky, plain as dat!

They're under inquistion I believe, in the second index?

In 8th, which would be more effective against boyz:

A unit of 3 Crisis Suits with 3 flamers each

Or

A unit of 3 Crisis Suits with 2 flamers and an Advanced Targetting System each

>can't even kill his points worth of commissars over 6 turns with full los and no resistance
lmao

>all these people talking about rules changes to conscripts
They're not going to rebalance them with a new datasheet until the IG Codex and who knows how long that'll take to come out.

They'll just up their points costs. That's literally why points were put in a separate place in the back of the book.

A single point increase per model cuts down the efficiency of conscript spam by 25%.

You know what? I suddenly like this idea.

90% Discount snipers it is!

probably depends upon whether they're getting a 5++ from kff coverage.

The Orks believe he's a terrifying unkillable badass, ergo he is a terrifying unkillable badass. Also he's undoubtedly crammed full of cybernetics and chemical enhancements.

More flamers.

>D6 str 7 ap-2 range 12
look into your heart, you know it to be true

Wouldn't that be Horus or Lorgar? The ones who effectively gambled away the souls of humanity for a deluded belief in a perfect kingdom?