Do you allow your players to have happy endings?

Do you allow your players to have happy endings?

Other urls found in this thread:

boldrold.tumblr.com/post/122981353597/page-2-queer-headcanon-tiem-u-ever-since-i
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm not sure 'allow' is the right word.

The happy endings are always there, waiting for them. They just have to keep fighting, keep struggling, keep going with the hope that they'll reach them.

Sometimes they succeed. Sometimes they partially succeed, having to compromise or accept some bittersweet element to their victory. But whether they achieve it isn't something I decide or 'allow'. It's all about their choices, and their story. The journey matters more than the destination.

His son is clearly going to go rogue, I don't think that's a good ending.

>universe where Boruto exists
>happy ending
Pick one, user.

Honestly I think they've got it right. Boruto is basically reliving the Chunin Exam Arc of Naruto, AKA the best Arc in the whole series.

I let them earn it. Most of the time though, they ignore the BBEG Ugh. and everybody dies.

I hate my players.

>hinata
>the good ending

>narusaku shippers STILL salty
Man, that was the best thing to come out of this god forsaken show.

Same I have to spoonfeed mine literally everything though so it's always a tragic or bad end.

I let my characters have happy endings, but players get charged $60.00/hr, 80 for the nuru treatment.

Did they just clone themselves into little people?

Oh, I ship NaruHina. I just hate their son.

idk but I couldn't bring myself to let my paladin have one after the campaign

I loved him for all the classic romances he was inspired by so it wouldn't feel right not to give him a tragic end

truth

How do I convince my GM to give me a happy ending? He's said I was his favorite player before so I assume that maybe I can get one out of him. This sounds like I'm talking about the sexual kind of happy ending but I swear I'm not.

It was honestly amazing.

Have you tried to [spoilers]ask him[/spoilers] ?

Give him a blowjob

Never. The hero's story always ends in tragedy, giving rise to a new cycle.

That's your answer to everything.

Well, if everything ended on a happy note, I couldn't keep reusing the same homebrew setting for over a decade.

Has it ever not worked?

It failed to stop World War I

That was misinterpreted "blow the Archduke".

>No livewire
Shit taste confirmed.

>Sasuke could have resurrected all those who died
>Decides not to

Unless the happy ending is something detrimental to other non-that-guy players or generally a sad ending for more than like, 10 people that aren't encounter enemies, as long as they work for it it's aigh.

I killed off my last Only War party with aging penalties.
>The Rogue Trader they were fighting for stranded them on a frontier world.
>Congratulations, you're farmers now.
>The Krieger PC got married, has a cozy little farmhouse surrounded by trenches, minefield, and a scarecrow with his old gas mask on it.

also this

I love happy endings too much to not make it the defacto true ending. Though of course if they fuck things up then the bad end will have to do.

How is this shit even still going?

My nigga Shikamaru got the best ending

A happy ending is a pretty great thing isn't it? I love them, myself. I love it when the hero gets the girl and they ride off into the sunset. I love it when friends band together to rid the world of a terrible evil. I love seeing the hero stand up, beating, battered, bleeding, but never broken. Gritting his teeth he swallows his despair and goes out and with his own two hands grabs destiny by the throat and says this is the ending I want, Ive decided for myself and nothing can stop me. Nothing. And he triumphs. With his strength, with his with, with help from his friends he achieves his goals and reaches the happy ending.

And it's this struggle this determination that makes it all the worthwhile. After fighting so hard and overcoming all of my obstacles of course Ill let them have their happy ending. How can I not? They solved my riddles, they bested my monsters and no matter what I threw at them they never fell to despair or wallowed in misery, not for long anyways.

If my chaos god and 12 headed dragon stares them in the eye and they stare back and make ME blink? Then nothing makes me happier as a GM and that, friends is MY happy ending.

They ended the series and started a sequel about his son.

Changing protags and resetting all the POWERLEVELS shit and shoving 95% of the previous continuity into the background lets you continue pretty easily. Also, you can do the same character arcs again ;))))))))

I think he meant HOW is in why is this shit allowed

Entry level weebs and japanese kids still buy it?

He's from Winnipeg you idiot

4/7 of my PCs got happy endings, I think. In a sense.

>One, after having a traumatic out of body experience, becomes a mother of quintuplets and uses all her adventuring money to settle down

>Another goes home, decides to never die, eventually one of the BBEG's lieutenants, now without a boss, breaks down their door and shouts HEY FAG LET'S LIVE FOREVER at them, then both of them do. BBEG's lieutenant steals their favorite mug though.

>A third discovers he's got a lot of land to his name, opens a reasonably large trade hub, becomes local lord, has too many illegitimate heirs and becomes a local legend

>A fourth goes to hell, but escapes punishment because the devils like his music too much.

If they pay the Masseuse the extra for it.

What the hell are those lines on naruto's face and why are they inheritable

Kurama/Kyubi's marks
It comes from Naruto's chakra so obviously it's hereditary

Their only idea of a "happy ending" is to usurp kingdom, conquer new lands, possibly followed by conquering the world.

Explain to me how you are suposed to get a happy ending with pic related ?

The people I play with are of low quality, violent and vicious.

No, I run a reputable establishment. after working in a spa for a year, a request has only been raised to me once

That's what happens when eugenics lead to perfect hybrids

>Orochimaru got away with everything long enough to make himself truly immortal, and now will be getting away with everything forever

Which is bullshit because his mother didn't have them, and neither did her grandmother/great aunt, Mito Uzumaki-Senju (hashirama's wife)

Really? That's fucking hilarious.

>Which is bullshit
Well, most of Naruto is bullshit

A highlight from the epilogue leading to the Boruto manga
>hey orochimaru we need you to answer some genetics questions for us, now that you're under house arrest we know where to find out
>oh hi Naruto, the hokage is always welcome in my home
>you're looking kind of young...have you been stealing people's bodies while they're still alive again?
>don't ask questions you don't know the answers to, boy
>psh well whatever

>so this is my testing room, i figured out how to clone people in vats, so now I don't even need to leave my HQ to get test subjects anymore, it's great
>wait, like real clone? Not like shadow clones?
>yeah, these are flesh and blood
>...so are they people? Your test subjects?
>with their own desires, wills, and dreams? Yes!
>psh well whatever

Fuck that should be "don't ask questions you already know the answers to"

Don't forget that the real winners are Orochimaru and Hiashi.

I thought he only got the lines and stupid spiral after they used him as a human Mason jar for the fox demon.

That's amazing.

There's also this one.

Also,
NEVAR FORGET the most glorious halls of landwhale anguish.
imgur.com/a/XKwJ4/#52

I like the idea of a sequel and everybody getting married.
The characters were aging over the course of the whole show. Good to see them developing.
He even ended up with best girl.

But fuck Boruto

Whatever happened to edgy sand guy?

he started to read jiraiya´s novels cause he wants to know more about human relationship

if these novels are a good reference .. well

Don't tell me. The last one went on to become the founder of an equivalent genre to rock or metal?

Let's see, campaign endings in our group.
-"It was all a dream"
-Leaving behind an Earth where ~all of humanity was accidentally killed by the party in order to escape from PC turned demon.
-The one where I was GM ended with a PC sacrificing the rest of the party in order to, in essence, take over the world.

I don't think we're capable of having nice things.

I figured since he got a zetsu body, he can just shapeshift how he looks at will.

Nah, he could always do that. But now he's truly Forever Young

And his mother and Hashirama's wife were previous hosts.

God the weekly shitstorm for that was glorious
Can't believe Kishi bitched out, making Dakura and everyone else sketchy over literally nothing

Became Kazekage. Don't think he had any kids, but the sand pussy is literally begging for him

>the sand pussy
His mom?

oh no you didn´t

I think this is ideal. The players still have to earn their happy ending. If they're making dumb decisions that come back to bite them in the ass, it's hard to sympathize and just grant them a picture-perfect ending.

That said, if the players roleplay well and sacrifice themselves for their party or the NPCs, I'm willing to let things slide.

GM let me have a good end with Glory in a Shadowrun game. She left him for a year after she finally opened herself up to him romantically then came back after he was almost killed in a barfight with two trolls. They ended up eloping and my new character and the party ended up bumping into them in London where they run an orphanage/shelter for street kids.

Everyone else either died or had to go into hiding by the end of it all, so I'd say that's a pretty damn good end.

I don't "allow" anything. I'm just here to provide realistic consequences for what they say they do, in the story that they are telling me.

You might be confused on what our job as gm is user.

> magical fantasy world
> BUT WITH MUH REALISM

I agree with not handing it out freely, but I think you're the one that's confused.

I don't mean realism as in trying to make dnd "realistic", I mean realistic in that people react to things as people logically would (even if that means they react illogically) and stuff like that.

Not realistic as in the setting emulates real life, I mean realistic as in being a dick makes people not like you, stuff like that.

I provide the setting and the backdrop, and I play the characters in the world. The players tell the story. This is a thing people get wrong a lot I think. As evidenced by the premise of this thread.

Yeah, and he doesn't seem against it, but he has a possible bad end of sorts planned for my character if certain outcomes happen. We'll see if the dice allow me to avoid that.

>quintuplets
Was this just an unlikely roll or was this the result of something else?

By becoming the Vampire Jihadist and blowing up all the vampires. obviously.

>>Another goes home, decides to never die, eventually one of the BBEG's lieutenants, now without a boss, breaks down their door and shouts HEY FAG LET'S LIVE FOREVER at them, then both of them do. BBEG's lieutenant steals their favorite mug though.
That's the best thing I've read all week.

No it was explicitly stated that they were from Kushina being the 9 tails jinchuuriki while pregnant. And then ol kishi put them on the kids because he's an idiot most of the time.

Of course not, happiness is unrealistic. If people don't get raped and murdered (or murdered and raped, I'm all for variety) how will my players know that my setting is realistic?

>no horrible diseases
peasant

>disease isn't just getting murderraped by a much smaller animal

>Bacteria/viruses
>animals
you dun goofed

Same.

It's just pseudo-fantasy-medieval germ theory user.

He put them on the kids because naruto is mtf tranny and he's the mom and sasuke is the dad.

boldrold.tumblr.com/post/122981353597/page-2-queer-headcanon-tiem-u-ever-since-i

Himawari should've been an only child

My last campaign ended with one of the PCs married to the team healer, with a boat, and with a crew, to start a new Jack Sparrow-esqe chapter of his life, so that ended pretty well.

The second had no clear aspirations of his own, but chanced into a teen with wild magic and took up a role as mentor and father figure. He was starting to get edgy before he had someone to care for, so the reversal was an interesting transformation back to being human.

The third wanted love and gold, but never found the right person because he always conjured up a million and one excuses not to hook up with anyone. He did end up fairly wealthy and opted to tag along with the first on his pirate adventures as they had blood brother type relationship going on anyway. Could've been worse.

The campaign ended when they disarmed a curse that was effectively an ecological timebomb set by ancient long dead druids. It never actually activated, and almost no one knew it was a thing, so the party flew under the radar and got no fame or repute for it except as annoyances doing seemingly random tasks, stealing things, or trekking out into the middle of nowhere. So, good ends all around.

Man the grand masquerade was boring as shit.

>Expecting them to stop fucking

A recent interview is hinting towwards a timeskip and a new child

is Naruto (anime) finished? Has there been a final episode?
I watched to the point where Madara unleashed the Gedo statue, but then they started with all the flash-back episodes for every freaking major and minor and 1episode character and I completely lost interest.

Settle down somewhere comfy with your vampire waifu and lay low, avoiding clan politics until Gehenna. The Last Daughter of Eve will be impressed by how kawaii you are.

Holy shit please God let it happen, and let it have red hair.

Pull a Cappadocius and diablerize God

How high are the chances for your offspring to inherit something that came from high up on the genetic tree?

Google Atavism

They can have one when they earn it.

Because surprise! If you live your whole life as an unattached violent thug preying on the weak without building social ties or thinking about the future, then your story isn't likely to end very well.

Absolutely not.