Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1551: Heaven's Divide Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Vx1PZhTL
youtube.com/watch?v=VQzgI6xJEH0
forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-2.483115/page-1292#post-35928454
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oddly appropriate.

Jump -88: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

I messed up. I've messed up. Really bad.

pastebin.com/Vx1PZhTL

Originally planned to paste this, as shown by the spoiler tags, but had to pastebin since I spent my spam tokens today and was too lazy to edit it.

youtube.com/watch?v=VQzgI6xJEH0
Naming the thread after this cool ass song

>and unique magical abilities like Infinity and the Commandments from Seven Deadly Sins
But SDS powers are basically the same as Charmed powers, albeit more powerful. Not Commandments, but the others are.

What powers have you guys come up with Quirk Marriage in the Boku No Hero Academia jump?

Creation + Overhaul: Instant matter reconstitution a la FMA
Erasure + Disintegrate: Permanent removal of quirk via touch
Barbs + Harpoon: Gory stuff
Dark shadow + Acid: ORE NO SUTANDO [ASHIDO RAINU]
Dark shadow + literally anything: ORE NO SUTANDO
Brainwash + double: Clones wont go rouge
Telepath + Brainwash: Broken enough?
Homming + Zoom: God Tier Sniping

Damn it, Decade, never stick it in the godlike crazy.

Jumpers, have you ever started your own religion?

You say that like you didn't take the Yandere Q waifu in Sunrider.

Heavens is for...

Primal Rage.
Now I have a small cult that lives on an island.

I did not, in fact.

Jump # 143 007
Bond: Sean Connery
Background: Drop In (0)
Perks:
*Legendary Wit (0)
*Road Rage (150, Discount)
*Gadget Master (300)
*Suave and Sophisticated (300, Discount)
Equipment
*Slinky Dress (50)
*Bond Car (200)

So being a spy kind of sucks. I really am not fond of lying and I really hate killing things so being a spy probably wasn’t the best job for me. It involves a lot of both. I managed to tolerate it though for Queen and Country.

I was glad that James Bond was a nice guy. He was sympathetic and treated me with surprising respect which I was grateful for. I was usually serving as his back up and we worked well together.

I managed to cheat my way through this by using subtle powers (Illusions, Telepathy, Telekinesis, etc.) James suspected something was going on but never mentioned it until… Well until his wedding.

My companions and I had been invited and apparently the security sucked because there was a drive by targeting him and his new wife.

Adam Jensen managed to get them down and the car mysteriously went out of control and crashed.

As we were recovering from that James thanked Jensen and myself showing he knew what was going on. We interrogated the people in the car (before James Executed them) we found out the name of the guy who was behind this and we began our private job of hunting down the bastard.

Unfortunately this particular bastard had an entire facility specifically to create body doubles through plastic surgery.

Fortunately my companions and I have magic so that didn’t help him much. James caught up with the guy found out he was with S.P.E.C.T.E.R. Then James Killed him.

>There are three items you could be referring to. Could you narrow it down please?
Neutral alignment 600CP item Transplanted Power

I wanted to say waifuing but then I remembered that Heavens isn't Worm.

Bless it, Decade, always stick it in the godlike crazy.

Hard dicking before going home to Worm

Hmm. I do see your point. But give me a little time to think on it. Something that potentially OP need to be handled with some care.
I'd rather not commit to something that I may end up regretting.

Sorry but just the once. Per person. So a companion willing to spend the CP could get another.
Unless someone gives me a reason to not allow it.
I'll note that down and add it to the jump. I don't think I mentioned that anywhere.

I'M GETTING CONFLICTING OPINIONS HERE.
A nice talk over coffee?

Yeah, one time I used a pair of Infinity Gauntlets and a Cosmic Cube that Valeria gave me after stealing them from her dad to create my own pocket universe. It went horribly wrong, though, when my own creations surpassed me in power and knowledge then rose up against me to take my place as God. In the end, I had to be rescued from my pathetic imprisonment by my six year-old goddaughter and only barely managed to save face by claiming that I was too awesome for mere godhood, anyway.

Oh, no, wait. That was you, Victor. Right, sorry. Terrible rude of me, I'm sure you don't need any more reminders of that failure.

Seriously, people need to stop posting that image without understanding the context. It is not an example of Doom being awesome, or even of Doom being egomaniacal. It's just Doom being pathetic and not doing a good job of hiding it. He couldn't even make his universe on his own, he had to rely on something he stole from RICHARDS, and then he failed miserably at it. You suck, Doom.

Yeah and it's called "worship me and become a magical girl"

So is the charmed jump done?

Take responsibility.

>Thirdly, at the end of ten years, you'll be invited to Room One for a job performance review by the Sunflower Official, first of the Firstborn. Don't disappoint.

What's this supposed to mean?

Protectors of the Plot Continuum. It's in the opening.

>Something that potentially OP need to be handled with some care.
Not really. It's Interjump balance.

Besides, how is it OP, exactly?

Existentialism (600 CP, Discount Remnant): The ancient Guardians of Aether were tasked with protecting the focal point of all the world's energy, an understandably dangerous task. Political pressure from ambitious empires, demonic incursions from the Nether Realms, and even devastating maelstroms from the Nexus itself; it was a miracle their order stood firm. Stranger still, none could inflict significant losses upon their ranks... Or so it seemed. In truth, these masters of alchemy and magic perfected arts which would transfer minds and sculpt flesh, allowing them to maintain a facade of immortality and absolute strength. For reasons unknown, the Aetheric Storms have become more prevalent and more deadly, such that the most recent has inflicted losses comprising a significant portion of the order.

While you were being revived, you suffered an accident, a small rift which jolted you into the heart of Aether. While this would normally be certain death, you had the fortune to be sent while your form was more... protean. Your soul has been inscribed upon the cosmos, and the cosmos upon it. Enemies will find your presence more resolute, nigh impossible to directly alter or erase, however these are not the only benefits you've received from this new state. Abilities or alterations you've made upon your form are now as essential to your being as any other component of your soul. Anything, from cybernetics, to mutations -- even magical blessings (if they were not merely temporary boosts) -- will eventually be present in any vessel you choose to inhabit, from clones to healed flesh. Though this will not allow you to function without a body or use biological abilities in a spiritual form, it will make the loss of your body less taxing. Your patron's hand in stabilizing this process has resulted in a final boon: Once every ten years, you may release a burst of Aetheric energy to "update" your spiritual template with further improvements you've received.

For which jump?

Why have you fathered so many children?

A Xianxia setting. Obviously. :^)

It was the first image I could find related to the topic. Didn't know the context before now, it's nice to hear that Doom actually fucks up sometimes.

Coiling Dragon should have been accepted. You're an [appropriate slur] if you disagree.

Don't be coy.

Too expensive.

Reupload it to the thread and let the thread decide.

Doom's one of those guys who's a lot more about the journey than the destination.

Pretty much the same thing happened in Secret Wars, although to his credit salvaging anything at all after everything went kablooie and then maintaining it is a feat in itself

Seems a bit expensive for a perk that juat forces you to have bits of your other forms stuck onto new forms.

>implying the thread would accept it if it wasn't uploaded by its creator
And the jumpmaker himself has given up on getting it on the drive anyway, so it'll never get there. Meanwhile we'll just have to wait for Herculanon's version which somehow takes forever to finish even though he said he was almost done.

user, that is my soul purpose.

Significant resistance to soul-shenanigans and reality warping, in addition to regeneration/existence of things that normally wouldn't be? Care to explain why?

I would've added a clause that it doesn't force changes onto alt-forms, but the character count was already at max.

Seriously though, for which jump is that perk. I can't actually judge it if I don't know.

Nope.

So is the Grand Design in Charmed actually Fate in a way that the Fateless One's ability to unravel destiny from Amalur help? Or is it more like an actual plan that they're trying to manually make sure stays on the tracks?

Ah ok, I couldnt really fihure out what it was meant to do other than altform additions.

Nearly I think.
I made a few mistakes and it would be best to wait for the next version.

Hmm, you make a good point. Comparing jumps to one another isn't really the best way to go forward. just because there is that potential synergy.
Still I have a lot to do to polish the jump, so I'll do that first and then revisit that perk.

It's kept really vague, but more like the former than the later. So yeah, I think it would work.

I might have no choice by now. I've realized a bit too late that recruiting a large group of people with nowhere to return to went from 'band of misfits' to 'oh god at least half of these people have a very unhealthy attachment to me.'
W-wait, I haven't fathered any kids! Ever! Never even conceived! I know. I think. Maybe?...how deep does this rabbit hole go? What have they been hiding from me?!

Generic Parenting several jumps later will be fun.

>spoiler

Okay, second version.
If I said I was going to change some thing and missed it, please let me know.

Changelog 11/6/17:
Clarified the scale of Piece of Heaven and Piece of Hell
Clarified the matter of ‘One iteration of an item per person (jumper / companions)’
Clarified Projection
Added two drawbacks, mandatory for Projection – Genie drawback or Cold Hearted Assassins
Added four drawbacks to give some control over the setting – one for unrestricted magic use, one for moral polarisation, one for power protection (you can only lose powers through final death under specific circumstances)
Clarified Avatar Link added cost for excessive use and ‘draining to use’ cost.
Clarified From the Heart
Divine Container clarified – cannot be used on self only companions
Race Prices added
Reviewed intro – change tone regarding the Angels of Destiny – look for feedback.
Summarised Powersets into actual purchasable Powers
Discounts moved from the end of perks to beginning in General Perks section
Ordered General perks by cost before discounts
Labelled Powers free, discounted or optional with Racial tags. (W, K, C, D)
Labelling Grater Angel freebies and discounts (gW, gK, gC)
Bolded all Powers and Drawback titles.
Corrected a mistake. Gave Whitelighters and Darklighters discounts without any PP to spend, gave both 200PP

SB has a drive for SB jumps

We'll see. I'm not sure if I want to go through with it, but it's a fairly obscure sci-fantasy setting with some interesting elements, I thought. Also, the escalation isn't too bad, so that's nice imho.

It's primarily meant to allow clone body-swapping to be a viable option, with some secondary benefits resulting from the exact methods used in-setting.

For the Jewelled Poignard, can we grant certain people immunity to the pain-on-sight effect, or at least choose not to add it? Otherwise, it would probably be inconvenient for most jumpers, since many end up supernatural sometime in their chain.

Okay I still have some work to do, like re-evaluate the drawback prices and look at the Avatar Link and Power of Three Perks.
But outside of that it's virtually jumpable.
I expect to have to do some more work on it before I'd say it's complete, but over all I think it's alright.

Please let me know your thoughts. If you think anything is wrong or could be improved, anything you'd like added or removed.

Thanks to all the Anons that helped me refine the jump to this point.

Just to clarify: If you train Projection enough you'd eventually be able to "emulate" other powers at their full level, right? Also, I like both of those mandatory drawbacks. Nicely done.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll add that to my notes and enter it in the next version. Probably tomorrow by now.

>Just to clarify: If you train Projection enough you'd eventually be able to "emulate" other powers at their full level, right? Also, I like both of those mandatory drawbacks. Nicely done.
Thank you.
>full level
Sorry, but what do you mean by that?

STOP PUTTING YOUR DICK IN CRAZY!
DAMN YOU DECADE!

I meant this part
>Imitated Powers are somewhat weaker than the real deal

Incredibly hard core public hand holding.

Personally, i went a combo of Overhaul and Transfer. Allows me to incorporate new material and such into whatever I disintegrate and then recreate. Pretty simple, pretty boring, but it gives me another awesome step on my "AUGMENT THE EVERYONE" stuff.

If a companion has Avatar Link and you both Linked together, would the two "networks" be seperate or could you combine them?

We can start with coffee, if you want.

What are some perks that make other people act like idiots? My jumper is already smarter than me, I have no idea how they operate anymore, and I need to add in a few idiot ball perks to make my imagination game more straightforward. Something like Screwball which makes it so people just can't tell what it is that you're planning, or underdog perks that make people underestimate you.

LOOK I HAD TO ADAPT TO THE CIRCUMSTANCES I WAS IN. I HAD A MOMENT OF WEAKNESS.
I swear to god if people actually start waifuing Decade or Fem!Decade I will must likely achieve turbo cancer.
Coffee is nice!

So we were just given reality warping and legitimate omnipotence in the most recent two jumps.

Remind me why we weren't given these things sooner?

Because now is the right time

Because it takes time to erode standards.

>start
>implying she wasn't already in a jumper's potatoharem
Heavens...

Yo, mate, for Incubation of the Soul, do you have to choose which "Cycle" it runs on at purchase, or can you choose upon awakening meguca? Also, if you choose Bindings: Ribbons, can you eventually train to do the types of things Mami does with them?

What jumps and perks?

>legitimate omnipotence
Prove it.

I bring literal death and disaster wherever I go due to my own incompetence and inability to evolve from a human personality and mindset! And I have enough magical exploits and bullshit to destroy the universe twice over! WHO ON EARTH WOULD THINK THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA?!

Haruhi and Charmed, but I don't see what exactly he's talking about in them. Prolly just shitposting, and you might be him.

The way I'm reading it is that powers don't have innate strength levels, instead going off of the magical strength of the user. So assuming two magic users have equal magical power, with one having pyrokinesis and the other having projection, the one with pyrokinesis will be able to throw around more fire than the one with Projection because it's more efficiently using the magical power in it. If the Projector is way stronger than the pyrokinesis, then they have more power to the around and therefore could possibly overcome the pyrokinetic despite the lesser efficiency.

You're in jumpchain. Think of the non stop bad choices that are made here. Think of who becomes waifus.

But user, magic is actually reality warping!

Yeah, but I'm kinda autistic, so Projection being inferior in that aspect is killing me.

My my so you finally went through with it, Good job bro and congratulations
>Generic Parenting several jumps later will be fun.

Remember I already called dibs on being 1st Uncle

But user, it is. If magic isn't reality warping, then nothing is.

God could you literally just fuck off. You are one of the creepiest pieces of shit in this already shitty community.

The Fate Servant skill Knowledge of Respect and Harmony at Rank B prevents any decrease in the effectiveness of an attack by making enemies not recognize they've seen it before.

Meh, I Can Take You from the Worm jump is an underestimation perk.

Removed From Context from the Young Justice jump makes it much harder for others to predict what you're doing or planning. It also prevents them from replicating out-of-jump powers and tech.

>God could you literally just fuck off. You are one of the creepiest pieces of shit in this already shitty community.

No

Claiming Flash Trek: Broken Mirror
Fuck the Klingons, Kirk for emperor
G'night thread

He's probably this guy:
>forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-2.483115/page-1292#post-35928454

SB likes to "exploit" obvious loopholes and wank themselves off for being "clever".

Brother_user, I'd wait at least three more days before you officially label this complete, so all the obvious exploits can be patched.

Consult the notes about it at the jump end choices. It follows the Law of Cycles in-jump, but you can choose what 'mode' you use per contract in future jumps. You can decide it on the fly.
...oh. Ooooooh.

Oh.

That seems... hostile

No. Sorry. Even if you perfectly emulate the Power with Projection you are still weaker than you would be if you just had that Power, all other things being equal.
When you use Projection, that costs you in concentration, power and capacity. Then you use more to use the emulated Power.
If you have the Power you can put 100% of all that into that Power, giving you a edge over someone using Projection, again assuming all other things are equal.
The difference shouldn't be that much really, although I was deliberately unclear as to how much to give jumpers the ability to calibrate the difference as made sense for their jump.
If you want, you could make it a negligible difference or an impassable divide, whatever make sense and is fun for your story.

Good question. I'm going to be giving that perk a good hard look before the next version and make sure that question is answered one way or another. Thanks user.

That is a perfectly valid way of look at it also.

Okay. I'm in no hurry.

>crossposting to SB again for no good reason
well, at least I see Dirge has updated Touhou.

Ignore this guyIt looks great.

I read that as God, could you literally fuck off. I didn't realize Bobby became a deity.

Thank you. I hope you enjoy it.

At the beginning it says your age depends on your race but the race section doesn't mention it.

Alright, thanks. I saw that, but wasn't sure if it was a one-time choice for future jumps or what.

Also, for the second part? Can you eventually train your magic for other uses?

>Using Dirge jumps
Found the shitposter

Oh there's more where that came from baby.

So if you're a hybrid of witch and warlock, do you gain both sources of PP? Is that even possible? Maybe a note that they're mutually exclusive because they're two sides of the same coin?

Are the races discounted for Good/Evil? It mentions alignment discounts in Twiceblessed, but I think that's the only place it does.

Oh, whoops, that was my bad. I forgot to answer.

Yes you can eventually learn how to pull similar tricks that Mami did, including the weird switcheroo trick she did. There's no exact science to it or if it even grows, but I assume you can eventually learn how to use magic in crazy, interesting ways.

>I read that as God, could you literally fuck off. I didn't realize Bobby became a deity.

Don't Open the image if you are planning on reading the mangaAfter I re-read it is sounded like that to me as well

>From the Heart
Is the "magical strength" just a general increase in magical potency, or more like larger amounts of mana?

Hmm. That's a shame. I do remember the canon users of Projection using to to emulate powers that were pretty damn strong, but that might have been because they themselves were strong. Anyway, I'd like to know if there are other limitations of it I don't know. Range, what can you actually do with it (apparently time travel and reality warping on a global scale is possible?), stuff like that. Might also be a good idea to put it in the notes.

>bad idea
>prevents us from doing it
Are you new?

>implying our standards weren't held together in the first place by duct tape and popsicle sticks.

In the Haruhi jump, there's the (Not That) Great Will perk which gives Haruhi's full reality bending powers post-spark. It's probably not really literal omnipotence, just a powerful at-will reality bending ability.

Not sure about the Charmed jump.

Also Haruhi's first WIP came out before SAO Abridged's first WIP, so arguably SAO Abridged and Charmed are the two most recent jumps.

Well, fudge. Thanks for pointing that out, user.
Adding it to my notes and they should be in next version. Just need to do some research on the ages of the various characters.

Hmm. that might be artefact of an earlier version. I'll look into that.

Yes, you do. They aren't mutually exclusive.
Twiceblessed are supposed to be expensive because they are, frankly, bullshit in setting.

However you want it to be, user.

Yeah, I should look into that and give some clear guidance as to it's limits.