Previous Thread: NEWS

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

THREAD QUESTION

What colour is the most "fun" to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-06-17-mono-green-storm/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/casual-horror-tribal/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Ib4 casualfags crying about MLD and houserouling to forbid it.
Entitled shitters makes this the Worst format

To be fair, there was a print of a a good storm card recently

The feeling of blowing up the green players entire land base because they ramped so much is amazing

There's a difference between the guy who MLDs when he has mana rocks and creatures and the guy who blindly slams Armageddon turn 4 as often as he can.

MLD should be a tool, but it's ruined by the shitters who treat it as an endgoal.

You're playing into the Titania player's hand.

>playing MLD when Titania is on the field

Ell Oh Ell

The difference is that Resevoir has to be on the board when you start, rather than just storming your way into it. It's a lot less broken.

I'm not noticing "Instant" anywhere on there.

>The difference is that Resevoir has to be on the board when you start, rather than just storming your way into it. It's a lot less broken.

i think you need to read the card again

So?

i think the idea is, they are still fucked by MLD, if they have to get back to 4 mana before they can cast this

I'm not sure if I'm in the right here, so I'm asking here.
>LGS hosts a weekly commander tournament
>finally off work when it starts, decide to come.
>Friends had told me it was a more aggressive deck kind of game, so I bring my best deck.
>First pod is casual.dec on every other player, i feel really mean for just beating up on them.
>Finals ends by going infinite turn 4
I just feel like an asshole you know? My friends all play more powerful decks, so when they said it was a competitive type match I believed them. Deck was Selvala.

Yeah no. You can storm all day and get it out and then gain like 100 life from Brainstorm

If his landbase is in his grave, how does he cast it?

If you draw and cast it twelve spells in, you missed 12 life gain triggers. That makes it a lot harder to go off, compared to the only important part about Storm spells being casting them last.

This is why I play Selesnya

>competitive
>commander
>tournament

these seem like words that shouldn't ever go together...

Sounds like they wanted you to put the fear into some chumps, user.

Mana rocks. Be Omnath. Have four more lands and ways to get them out because you're green. And then cast it and laugh at the MLD player because for four mana his symmetrical wipe went entirely against him.

You have no responsibility to hold back in any competitive event.

Alright, if we're playing magical Christmas land and just pointing out cards that counter other cards, let's say the MLD player also hits you with a Bojuka Bog. Let me guess, now you happen to have a Witchbane Orb?

>Armageddon is the only MLD spell

It's not magical Christmas land to have a few more lands or 4 mana in rocks. If I really wanted to play pretend I'd have said I had a Vedalken Orrery.

It's magical Christmas land to act like you'll have Splendid Reclamation any time there's MLD.

It's magical Christmas land to act like you'll have MLD whenever another player builds a strong land base and that it'll actually be helpful to use.

right but each life gain trigger is bigger than the last, using your example of 12 spells in, you only need to cast 5 more spells to have gained that much life

also missing 12 triggers seems unlikely, if its in your deck and youre going off, you probably tutor it earlier on than that

just comparing to other storm spells, it seems about as good as any of them except mind's desire, but you want to mind's desire into more storm spells and aetherflux reservoir anyway

look at this guy, posting from 2008

guess what, after obama, we elected donald trump! what a shocker

There are like a dozen MLD spells vs. 1 Splendid Reclamation.

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

List?

Fuck off with your discord shit

>I hate fun
ok

There's also Praetor's Counsel, Life from the Loam, and Crucible of Worlds.

This isn't over. If you disagree, then you have no understanding of the blitzkrieg maneuver.

also faith's reward and second sunrise and boros charm

they arent usually that great but if you see a lot of MLD and/or your deck doesnt like getting board wiped, they can be pretty good

alternatively, you run them WITH mld

>Praetor's Council
>As an answer to MLD

And this is supposed to be your argument for saying you're not living in a magical Christmas land? If you have 8 mana to blow on Praetor's Council after MLD, I don't think you're really needing to "recover".

MAYBE HE DOESN'T LIKE A FURFAG CIRCLEJERK SHITHOLE THAT SCREAMS ABOUT SHELDON ALL DAY

>Pssh, don't you get it kid? Magic is just war writ small. You and I are generals, and I'll show no mercy, even with my last breath. You should do likewise.

Second Sunrise might as well just be Cancel in that scenario.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-06-17-mono-green-storm/

its a little different, but yes

Anyone here get backwards life clickers in their Commander's Anthology? Two of them came backwards and I sent an email to wizards so I will see if anything comes from it.

>backwards

in what way?

Turn it upside down?

What is some good card draw tec for BUG Sidisi that interacts with her whole graveyard schtick?

If you MLD to win the game, fine.

If you MLD to make a game take 8 hours then fuck you.

>funnest color
Multi-color. If I had to absolutely pick only one it would be a tie between Black and Red. Which is hilarious as I'm not much of a fan of BR decks. It's just when I play something the primary color is usually B or R. And on the rare occasions it isn't, B or R are making appearances as supporting color(s).

I can play this game too.

>TFW you only own the shitty flavor text version

I really need to get the regular version.

>Random player drops Jhoira deck
>ohherewego.jpg
>"It's not like other Jhoira decks! Trust me!"
>Apocalypse, Eldrazi Titans, etc. are suddenly suspended
>Table's face

I love going from FFA to 4v1 in one turn.

>tfw the jhoira player suspsends everything in 1 turn
>tfw righ before they are about to untap for the big turn i flash in teferi

best feel

Two of my spinners were manufactured with the two of the same side so one side is always upside down and backwards.

Lol. I wish it was a case of me being more retarded then buying wizards products.

>Adds incremental value to storm decks
>less broken.
What did he mean by this

Don't worry OP. I'll make sure to put it back in the next opening post for the next thread. It's okay you forgot it. Mistakes happen.

Then maybe he shouldn't come to this general.

What have you done...

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/casual-horror-tribal/

Anyone care to check out my casual/budget Lord of Tresserhorn deck? Did I miss any cool tech?

I didn't forget it, I got rid of it because it's cancer.

>discord included
>no one cares
>discord excluded
>discord fag throw a hissy fit and drag everyone down with them
wtf i love discord now

I bet the discord spitescoops too

When the special kids want to sit at the table in the corner of the cafeteria, you let them.

Besides isn't it just a chatroom?

Why are you such a salty faggot? Go circlejerk elsewhere

>people getting butthurt about Discord
Just put it in the general and then nobody fucking talks about it.

Fuck off, just cause one discordfag has been using the general to advertise it doesn't mean it needs to be added.

It doesn't change anything you lil fag

Fag boy

Lil bitch boy

>remove discord and one autist tards out so let's add it from now on to make him happy

The discord is full of furries and actual autists, if you want those people on Veeky Forums feel free

Shit man, fuck that, instead let's have this retarded discussion every thread

How does everyone feel about quitting after an opponent makes a fatal play on you? It rustles my Johnnies when I have to hear shit like "well you don't get to life link because I actually just quit."

Discord, scooping of the tactical nature, and sheldon manta ray. Sol ring and mana crypt, mass land destruction, and the ban list for commander. I fear we actually am become the ausstie. There is only one thing we can do to save us.

We must create rules for The Commander Club, or TCC.

Please don't.

It"s ironic that the discord only gets mentioned in the threads where someone removes it from the OP out of ass anguish. Some cancer it must be to not even be mentioned in 80+% of the threads since its creation.

Which commander would be best for RPing Pegasus? The choices are pedophiles, cartoony creatures or "look at opponents hand" effects. Alhammaret?

The discord has over 70 users. You can let go of the notion that it isn't used by the majority of the posters in this general. Hell most threads don't even get 70 unique posters.

What I use it to win the game, but it also takes 8 hours?

You forgot Bryanposting.

>join the discord
>see two LITERAL furfags arguing about the spirit of EDH
>swooce on out
Has it gotten any better?

I dunno. I don"t use it that often but a great deal of others do so I include it in the OP. When I've been on I haven't seen this rampant furfag issue and it's mostly been discussing deck tech or upcoming sets like they're doing right now.

It looks fun. I've always wanted to build a Tresserhorn deck. A lot of people like to go zombie tribal with him. Others like to do voltron with some cheap evasion enchants/equips and others like to run infect/double strike effects to one shot with him.

You need Rooftop Storm.

I know that feel user. LGS has an EDH FNM, came expecting a good challenge for my Breya deck, instead I ended up just going Winter Orb into Soulscour and killing the table in a handful of turns with Tezz 6 ult and Breya activations. Thinking I'll go back to Sydri which is slightly less potent but more fun and challenging to play both with and against.

what's a deck that doesn't mind not attacking but doesn't tend to hold big hands? a deck where pic related is good without specific support

Purphuros maybe, creature based combo in general.

The perfect deck for this is ghonti, lord of luxury.

No, we do not negotiate with terrorists. If your chatroom is so shit it can't exist without trying to leech from edhg it deserves to die off.

i've actually played a gonti deck and i usually end up holding a big hand AND winning through combat damage, so... maybe not that

What cards specifically should I remove from the CMA precons? I've heard Kaalia's deck is a mess.

Are you even able to be legally unsupervised? Really I'm curious, where have you ever heard someone say this juvenile dribble and sound intimidating/threatening/menacing or even correct.
I mean the discordfags are annoying and mildly spergy, but you went full retard right here friendo and certainly are hurting your cause more than helping.

what, like to make the decks good? it's usually best to take the precon apart completely and build around the commander.

Remove all cards but command towers, Sol ring and lightning greaves from kaalia. Rebuild stronger

Who here runs discard? What flavour of discard do you run and how effective is it?

You can pair that with Bottled Cloister and not worry about your hand size.

i know there are cards like that that synergize really well, but i prefer my cards i play with to be good on their own without needing support like i mentioned before.

It's not. Fact is that with 4 players and most discard only targeting one at a time, my Greel discard deck is sorta shit. I've had more success with Jin Gitaxias but he has a tendency to hose exactly one person and then get removed.

i like discard only if it's part of my win condition (megrim, liliana's caress, waste not) because i know how shitty it can be to discard your hand early on. it's generally unfun to play against if tuned well, and i have the most fun when my opponents are having fun too.

I run discard as a mana dump to take a player out of the game, ala Mind Twist and Mind Shatter.

I run hand size dependant wheels as my discard, I find thoughtseize type effects are too dependant on meta knowledge in my playgroup compared to how open and generic the wheels are.

Mindclaw Shaman and Sin Collector are fantastic in my Alesha deck.

I can't recall exactly what all goes in Kaalias' but it wasn't too bad IIRC. I believe I only had to replace a few instants/sorceries, some creatures, and rework the mana/land base to get it running how I like. It did come with Oni of Wild Places which is fucking awesome for bouncing things back to your hand so you can get those sweet ETB triggers.

That said, you could absolutely build a better deck by getting Kaalia second hand and then using/buying what you need to optimize the deck.

You'll also get replies like and because precons are usually okay at best. They are usually only balanced against other precons. That said, if you look over the deck list and see a lot of shit you don't have, you should consider how much buying the precon will cost you vs buying those cards separately. I know for a fact that if there was a precon with Noble Hierarch in it, I'd buy that shit in a second.

How does this work with commanders?