Kobold general

Dog kobolds > lizardshit kobolds

As long as we can agree that "dog kobolds" refers to skull shape and they were never not scaly.

Dog Kobolds are a result of Baelful polymorph used by a Red Dragon who lost a good amount of his Kobold servitors to a raid.

They're Mogrelbolds.

What I want to know is, what the fuck happened to the sully flying Kobolds, because there's only one illustration for them in 3.5 and nothing statted

I am saddened by your opinion

>"dog kobolds"
>posts scaly lizard rats with dog-like noses

That's not what people mean when they say "dog kobolds," otherwise they wouldn't follow those two words with "are shit."

>kobolds

But Satan, bird kobold is going to be the next thing.

Only if by dog kobold you mean like your pic and not japanese dogbolds. Same with ratbolds and midget lizards, just turning them into a straight beast race is a cheap cop-out that ruins their individuality.

I'm here to slay some lawful evil midgets!

But it's the truth, user.

dogbolds are for grognards
dragonbolds are for degenerates

What if you're a grognard but prefer dragonbolds?

Like me.

Then you're a degenerate grognard.

>mfw
>the land was green and good
>until the crystal cracked

But even those are closer to lizards than dogs!

Let's talk about that sweet waistcoat the one on the left is wearing... are kobolds Veeky Forums?

Kobolds can be Veeky Forums

Most certainly.

Where can I find info on kobold ecology and cultural? I'm planning on running a Kobold Kampaign™ and want to get into the nitty gritty aspects of kobold life.

There's a bunch of books, many of them contradictory. Races of the Dragon is probably the single most complete source, but you'll want to look through a bunch of others, or maybe just make up stuff of your own instead.

I tend to look at a bunch of resources and pick and choose my favorite aspects

Veeky Forums kobolds are the best kobolds

Races of the Dragon, Volo's Guide to Monsters, e621

Adorable.

>Dog kobolds > lizardshit kobolds
this

Kobold PC stats, and thus any real information about their culture and ecology, have appeared in:

Complete Book of Humanoids (2e)

Races of the Dragon (3e)

The Dungeon Survival Handbook (4e)

Advanced Race Guide (Pathfinder)

Kobolds of Golarion (Pathfinder)

Volo's Guide to Monsters (5e)

Dogs and lizards are both fine. It's the mix-ups that I don't really care for.