Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder, also /pgg/)

Growing Strong Edition: Does your character have a family? A husband or wife? Do they awake to the pitter-patter of little feet on the floorboards? Do they want a family?

Link repository; point out problems if found: ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj (embed)

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/14a3bZPwqqj4Zclwk08vdjKENz0jHbl4yjZ_OFNXex8k/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1PaDY-t_DNOt7OI3cwpFnSO8pINABD_0u1_Gps5nGsbE/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=rzvXBFwcyek
youtu.be/cdlecO3gyOo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does having a demi-god character who founded an entire imperial dynasty between just her and her hubby count?

Had a wife and kid, was used against him as blackmail so he'd serve the new king (who murdered his father) and turn on the party.

>Does your character have a family
He ate them. Not that it was /his fault/, he was kind of insane at the time
>Husband or Wife
He's goot a girlfriend. She enjoys cuddling
>Do they awake to the pitter-patter of little feet on the floorboards?
Soon, they will
>Do they want a family?
Yes, desperately.

Does a glabrezu duke marrying a succubus queen count? They're more NPC from two different games getting hitched..

>Growing Strong Edition: Does your character have a family? A husband or wife? Do they awake to the pitter-patter of little feet on the floorboards? Do they want a family?

Suddenly, I'm reminded of my Rifts character. He was one of 7 children, and was convinced that something had been hunting his family for over a century, as every single family member would have an 'accident' before the age of 30, but beyond that, he didn't know what was going on, and the rest of the family thought he was just being paranoid. For a while, nothing happened. Then we met the major villain, and he showed up in a sled being pulled by every dead member of my family (oh, by the way, you entire family of high level characters has been massacred while you were gone) just to honk me off. No mystery, no reasoning, nada. I learned my lesson.

Ignore and report, anons.

Real thread here:

>Character 1, Human Cavalier
Yes, but we don't talk about them. No, no, and someday, when he's ready.

>Character 2, Aasimar Bloodrager
Not sure if he has any living relatives, no, no, and maybe. Depends on if he survives the campaign.

>Character 3, Tiefling Cavalier
No, no, no, and desperately

He's practically married to the law. Serious answer: He's not sure if he wants to start a family or not.

Hi Sleep

Why did he marry a sunc@?

>Yes, desperately.
Getting a bit peckish, huh?

>bit puckish

He'll eat his wife OUT, man, not eat her up.

My sorcerer was orphaned as a child, it's his "main goal" to find his parents through some riddle/prophecy given to him by an oracle in Sothis as a teenager. They were prominent wizards in the city but vanished during my character's infancy.

I also genuinely have no idea what happened to his parents, my GM drops hints here and there but my character hasn't made much headway as of yet so anytime I get details I tend to get way too excited haha.

I need ideas for "ancient evil creatures" that would be "awakened by and drawn to large concentrations of [pic related]".

so far I have kythons out of the old Book of Vile Darkness

but what else might be attracted to it?
NO ORDINARY DEMONS

3 man party low and medium character levels...

Is Starfinder broken crap already?

No way to tell yet. Some of the stuff they've said is worrying (Sci-fi super future tech flashlights that last 10 hours? Counting individual bullets?), but most of it's fine. We'll know when the actual rulebook comes out in August.

All of your guns share the same pool: charges.

we don't know if there's a way to bring in extra ammo packs yet. Common wisdom says we should, but paizo has occasionally deviated from all rational thought.

Half and half on realism. I enjoy party banter and fun but dark settings get my dick hard.
Re-bumping this because whenever I ask something a new thread instantly gets made.

He's a dork knight. Of course he's a shitter and married a sunc@. Non-shitters would have married a moonc@ or a viera

Enjoy knocking people off of cliffs.

Getting to work on this.

Empath is pretty good stand alone. Dunno about War Dancer/ Masquerade Reveler, but I'd almost guarantee that Empath can hold against Avowed if push comes to shove.

Here's the doc for the new thread: Let me know if y'all want anything homebrewed!

docs.google.com/document/d/14a3bZPwqqj4Zclwk08vdjKENz0jHbl4yjZ_OFNXex8k/edit?usp=sharing

Fuck me, forgetting the doc link.

Anyways, taking requests.

Makes me fucking moist
Thanks user!
We should see about getting this stuff approved by DMs

If there's an issue from the GM, let me know and I'll tune numbers how they see fit.

I'm kinda sad the lactation weirdo never reviewed their request.

thanks for the advice on empath's and avowed. I was worried that giving 1/2 level d6 damage dice per hit on touch attacks would rack up damage way too fast if not tied to a slow BAB progression compared to a regular character. if an empath can keep up, then I have no worries about character imbalance.

Avowed has some power behind it, but Empath has a lot of breadth to it. The Vestiges can fill a lot of shoes; so while the avowed may be good in their specialization area, the Empath has a much wider breadth to pull from.

Who is best boy in ensoulment?

A little something for you guys!

docs.google.com/document/d/1PaDY-t_DNOt7OI3cwpFnSO8pINABD_0u1_Gps5nGsbE/edit?usp=sharing

Jericho
aaaaaaa I want to PM DHB and eat his cookies!

Who the fuck is Evan Hughes?

some jack ass i made up

Curious if anyone has any of the pawn pdfs that aren't just flat images?

I hate the stupid fucking red boxes around everything and prefer to remove them in Acrobat, but for a bunch of the older things (first 4 bestiaries, npc codex, etc) it's a bitch to do manually in photoshop.

Shoulda used a more obviously fake name.
Like Francis Morgan.

Dancing weapon Sheath is now good to go (Sheath of Spectral Weapons)

One more homebrew request before I go to sleep.

youtube.com/watch?v=rzvXBFwcyek

Bladeslinger's Cuirass
A chestpiece and rigging setup that bind weapons to them, granting them some sort of calling effect so you can either throw a shitload of weapons, or blast them at people with psionics or some shit

I must be tired, because I have no idea what you're trying to communicate here.

Can you explain again? Have a cute catfolk for your troubles.

Nothing like some good DP on a Saturday night

Imagine a suit of armor with swords strapped all over it
Now imagine throwing said swords in some manner, and them having different effects and all having the "Calling" enchantment

Alright. I'll see what I can do with this.

I'm looking for any third party books containing decent witch hexes. Any recommendations?

Wouldn't you agree, Zach?

have you checked the SRD? usually they have a good amount of 3rd party hex stuff there.

You can then check the books that the ones you like are from.

Poor choice

Alright! It's in the document! And it's a wordy one, to the extend where I think I'm going to try to cut it down when I wake up. Simplify it. Make it cheaper. Maybe make it modular so you can pick and choose which abilities to add to it.

Anyways, getting some sleep. See you next time!

Have a good bed, homebrew user!

It doesn't bug me from a balance stand point, assuming you can bring extra batteries (I assume they'll just use some of your carried volume or something). That's fine.

Thematically, counting each shot doesn't really make sense for something that's more in line with heroic fantasy or an action movie. Nobody gives a shit exactly how many bullets are in a gun unless it's dramatically appropriate for someone to run out (presumably at the same time as their opponent, so they can drop their weapons and have a kickass martial arts duel instead). Also it's annoying as fuck to track- how many people do you know that track individual arrows in Pathfinder already?

You know, it's kind of silly to say, but everybody in my current group tracks ammo. The change from actual ammo to a manipulatable resource doesn't really affect us other than giving us more ways to interact with our ammo counters.

But that's the big thing I see a lot of people missing - in the pathfinder livestream playtest, the mechanic overcharged his Diode Laser by burning two extra charges for increased damage. There's also specifically some weapons that are going to use more charge than others at a given time (the example given being a rocket launcher requiring four charges per shot). what this implies is that there's going to be a considerable number (possibly even a large number, given every class will have access to this resource pool) of feats that manipulate how many charges you spend, ways to recover them, charge cost reduction, all that jazz.

I don't think it's just a bullshit thing that's going to be forced on everybody - I'm operating under the assumption that it's going to be an additional avenue of character customization - no doubt you'll eventually be able to customize your favorite gun to never run out of ammo, for example, or maybe you can design a gun that dumps all of its charges into a single shot in a glorious bullshit superlaser effect. This has a lot of potential to be really fucking cool.

I haven't checked any of the starfinder stuff yet, can you overcharge weapons for makeshift explosives?

We don't know yet, unfortunately - until we get our hands on the rules, we're flying blind and basically only have speculation to work off of. The recent interview on The Drift was very informative, but incomplete for forming an accurate picture.

I understand that it's more mechanically relevant. There are abilities that interact with it. That's the core of the problem- if it's mechanically irrelevant it's way easier to just ignore, if it actively matters for a bunch of abilities, you can't ignore it without changing a bunch of other shit. Making it more important is bad for me and my group, and I imagine anyone who doesn't want to count how many shots are in their phaser or whatever the fuck.

It's the nature of the beast, unfortunately. There's always going to be some level of resource tracking in a game like this; spellcasters have a doozy of a time of it in Pathfinder, and Paizo seems to be wanting to bring pure martial characters in line with said spellcasters. They can either go with the 4e route of "you get all this shit at will, all this shit per encounter, and all this shit once per day" but people would rightly call shenanigans on that. Without completely taking away everything that makes spellcasters tick, this is the best way to bring martials in line while still creating a form of attrition, which actually is important to the game's design.

In the playlets one of the martial abilities was to get more charges out of their weapons - for instance, the rocket launcher in the hands of a soldier can get 5 shots instead of four, because he can use 3 charges to fire a shot off instead of 4, unlike everyone else. This makes them less reliant on the supposedly omnipotent caster recharge spells.

So counting ammo is a good thing for martial, because they actually get more out of it than casters can since it reduces their reliance on casters.

Hate to say it, but that's inaccurate. As the person who wrote the document - that was an example I provided of what it could mean, not something we have confirmed.

That said, we also don't have the whole "caster recharge" thing confirmed at all either. We just don't know enough. Sorry for being unclear.

'sup /pfg/

Wasn't there a book dedicated to Aroden? If there was, is it in one of the troves?

Crossbows, slings, or arquebus/muskets for non-archers (particularly to equip the whole party)?

What games are recruiting right now? Any fun gestalts chargen?

They all kind of suck, desu. At least sling is free and if your DM allows for it has some inventive uses in what it can throw. Crossbow requires a feat to be decent, and guns are only worth it if it's commonplace and you have a way to repair them if they break.

What do you need to repair them?

What characters make the cutest characters?

I find that helpful support characters are usually really cute, especially if they cast helpful buffs and other valuable spells.

Is that Albedo?

Which characters do you want to see in Bamboozle Ark Abyssia?

After release Fool's Errand our group have one question - can you attack after jump if you still in the air or after initiating maneuver, witch includes jump or teleportation and attack at the end of it?
Because Fool's Errand have maneuver that says
>If
your movement ends in a location that cannot support you,
your attack occurs before you fall (you take falling damage
as normal). If you have a means to fly, glide, or hover after
your movement, you may do so.

/pgg/, i have a warpriest that curses in-and-out character everytime he fails crafts.
At the end of last session, he rolled his craft and landed a 1 on his +2 full plate craft, throwing a hissy fit and screaming blasphemies to her god Milani.

I'd like a scenario where Milani herself summons him to her garden-court and goes "What the fuck man?!" but temporarily loses her power by trying to do so. So the powerless Milani goes around with the group for a while until X trigger and she can get her status back.

But the group is only liv. 6, would such a story arc fit this level? I'm all about fun times, but it does indeed feel slighty inappropriate...

JttW ends before Ensoulment, ergo I can update my availibility if it becomes a problem.

How would you do a campaign based on the Spanish Conquest of America?

Objectively SHIT fucking taste!

Male roegadyn is superior to all the inferior female forms!

> newest ensoulment app

I wonder how many people are angling towards becoming quirky npcs on purpose.

>Failing craft checks
Nigga you need +10 to craft and take 10 to pass checks on mwk armor, magic is DC 5+caster level, so it tops at CL 15 for +5 armor, so DC 20.
How the fuck is your warpriest failing crafts?
Level 6 is 6 ranks +3 CS +2 from mwk tools or traveler's any-tool, for +11. The warpriest should never be failing. And given craft's nature, you should be able to take 10.

>6 ranks
not this guy
>mwk tools
not this guy
>taking 10
not this guy

But that's not the point.
At what level you can fuck with deities?

Party are conquistadors uniting the tribes against their fabulously wealthy (and fabulously evil) overlords?

Dunno, I'd dare guess a well optimized group of level 15s could fuck up a CR 25 or higher deity reliably.

Gold.

Pazuzu and his homies all at once couldn't kill Lamashtu right after she became a goddess, at her very weakest point.

Deities are fucking tough, m8.

That cat dresses like she wants to make a third!

Do your characters have sexy clothes, General? Something unintentionally or intentionally showing off their figure?

ZONE needs to hurry the fuck up with the Chel flash.

Zone still does their thing? damn

My campaign is set in a pirate town. How do I make sailing more fun?

Intentionally, of course.

That subtle blowjob...

Pazuzu is a cuck
Pazuzu is a bore
Pazuzu is in my next KFC Bucket

"Oops, I forgot to button up my shirt again. ...what? Button it up now? Nah."

>t. Yama

What the fuck is the "Mageguru's Trove" website supposed to be? I have no idea what that site is

What do or should elves think about guns? What about dwarves?

Does Branwen actually wear that while adventuring? Seems kind of impractical.

Lamashtu is probably way higher CR, tho. But I dare bet that a party with two optimized damage dealers and one buffer could very easily fuck up a CR 25 Archdevil or Demon Lord

I think Elves would take to firearms like flies to sugar, imagine a family rifle hundreds of years old, altered and upgraded until it's a wholly unique weapon suited to that particular clan.

>sharpshooters that have been practicing for 500 years

That's some wild shit right there.

I would imagine that elves would be the ones to invent silencers, to ensure that their delicate sense of hearing isn't so adversely affected by firing.

Elves and dwarves are autistic enough to make rifling and semi-automatic firearms work a hundred or more years before it becomes mainstream.

Vandread because he makes autists mad.

As an autist, I have to say that Vandread is hilarious.

C3, on the other hand, is a blight and must be destroyed.

That's not what the user asked, but no, she has a cloak, furs, scarves, and even a poncho, as well as other dresses.

I'm torn between d&d 5e, 4e and PF.
Would you mind telling me why you choose to use PF over the other systems?

Use 4e, it's the superior system.

Pathfinder is shit. Unless you absolutely have to, don't.

Elf lords commision dwarves to make their clans firearm.
[1597]
youtu.be/cdlecO3gyOo

Every cylinder is hand thrown, polished to perfection and the flints are chipped to almost perfect reliability

Then along come humans with their interchangable parts, industrial manufacturing capabilities and standardised ammunition.
-Some bastard human alchemist discovers percussion primers
>Dwarves hire adventurers to destroy the human factories to protect their income stream