Is it true that Felinid abhumans can join the Imperial Guard and even become Commissars, Sisters of Battle, Preachers...

Is it true that Felinid abhumans can join the Imperial Guard and even become Commissars, Sisters of Battle, Preachers, Arbitrators, Scribes, etc, etc?

Could a Felinid become a High Lord of Terra? What makes them accepted when abhumans are so commonly despised?

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Felinid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

To all of that

Low hanging bait op

Outside of fanfic material they can't.
Depending on how you read the one entry about them they seem to be restricted to the one world they are endemic to. Nothing more than that has ever been mentioned beyond their taxonomic name being hirsutis. Anymore than that is entirely headcanon.

Unless you already knew this and are just fishing.

Burn the furry.

None of that is true.

Although it would be nice.
As long as they kept them 10% catgirls.

No. Abhumans are not eligible for such positions of responsibility.
Whilst one may rise to a position of trust, such as becoming a Throne Agent, the fact of their deviation from the perfection of the human norm is enough to prohibit them from higher office.

It's the grimdark future.

Got some bad news for you.

>no
Pretty sure they can join the IG no? Wasn't that how they were originally introduced into the fluff?

Probably just some bait being slung here, but I love these guys enough to bump a thread for them since we'll never see them on the table top. Felinids are extremely unlikely to actually be able to join the IG, let alone do anything else. At best, they'd likely be able to join up with the PDF, but considering how little we have to go on even that would be a gross assumption.

Nope. They were just a thing that GW had snuck into the lore due to a contest winner who liked him some chinese catgirls with huge hair, which is why there has been literally nothing done with them since.

>purity seals in the ears
That's a nice touch.

I remember one article being published way back about Abhuman Guard regiments. I think there were Nightsiders, like partially blind Abhumans with elevated other senses. And Ratlings and Ogryns are kinds of Abhumans.

I feel like there's no special restriction on Abhumans in the Guard, albeit in their own regiments and probably not Imperium-wide.

Wait, they had a contest and the winner added catgirls?

Some sick fuck will eventually do a conversion, any day now.

It's depressing that this OP not only got so many replies but his thread hasn't even been sagebombed by them.

With the massive catgirl boner 40k fans seem to have, I'm surprised no 3rd party bit maker has made catgirl heads yet.

They are fielded as auxiliaries ie specialized tertiary forces at best for some fringe regiments or cannon fodder at worst.

Most IG forces use no abhumans at all and the ones they use are selected for stability and purpose. The abhumans in WD represent the ones used by the IG in its entirety and this was after Felinids were even a thing. So no, they are not part of those selected for tithe or conscription.

The thing about the IG is that they have near no quality control.

They deploy serial rapists and killers, ogre with the mental faculties of retarded children, thieving hobbit cook snipers that run black markets in secret, tribesmen who barely understand how guns work that also prefer fighting things vastly physically superior to them in close quarters combat, and shell shocked veterans that have been fighting orks for so long they think they are orks.

>What makes them accepted when abhumans are so commonly despised?

Everyone loves catgirls

>massive catgirl boners Veeky Forums has
FTFY
The only people that seem obsessed about felenids are weebs.

ogres*
Apparently I share similar intellect to them.

The portion of me that's skeptical of what their useability in the Imperium's war machine is based on the fact that we don't know what exactly the restricted portion of their lore means. It might mean their population is on heavy watch for chaos shenanigans, or just that they're not allowed to leave the planet period. Until we know that, we can't definitively say if they could be let out onto the battlefield.

Yep. GeeDubs got bamboozled and now there's a planet full of big haired catgirls riding around on motorcycles all throughout Carlos McConnell's surface and we don't get to see any of it.

We can only hope.

>Nope. They were just a thing that GW had snuck into the lore due to a contest winner who liked him some chinese catgirls with huge hair, which is why there has been literally nothing done with them since.

You can't just say this and not elaborate

I can't help you there, friend. I only know of this secondhand and have been unable to locate the issue of White Dwarf where this was announced.

There isn't anything to elaborate on. That's it. They held a contest back in the ass end of 2nd and the winner got to design a planet. It has been a passing reference at best since because the concept was retarded.

>Tfw love catgirls and am closet furry but will never tell anyone ever or even have models of them for fear of being labeled a complete irredeemable autist.
>no one can ever know

Follow your dreams, it's what I do.

You could just make a mold of some third party models, and copy paste the ears and tails.

>the concept was retarded
You and need to go be faggots elsewhere.

I have access to pretty much every 2nd ed WD in existance over at my Uncle's place.
I've read most of them when I was a child and I remember wanting to enter imto every contest and special offer avaliable and it had to be explained to me every time that these promotions were nearly a decade out of date.
This is literally new to me.

If you're gonna make up shit, try to be more subtle.

is meant to link to

Ya done goofed

They probably can, but they would be treated as second-class cannon fodder at best and they would look nothing like anime catgirls.

>Sisters of Battle
I'm sure they could join the Guard as abhuman auxiliaries or something, but definitely not sororitas. Those girls take being pure human so seriously that they even take issue with how genetically engineered Space Marines are.

>why won't people except what makes my peepee tingle in this setting regardless of whether it fits the theme
Same reason I'm not down with buxom Swedish broads in Lo5R or sparkledogs in SoFaI.
There are dozens of other settings with uguu kawaii cat girls as a focus. Play in those and leave the Gothic sci-fi/fantasy alone.

This. A catgirl can hold a lasgun and be added to pile of corpses, so I figure they can be in the IG with some restrictions. Rising in rank would be hard or impossible, and Sisters would burn them before recruiting them.

Its not his fault you're such a furfaggot, user.

Dude. Ya have miniature figures that you paint and have in an imaginary lore.

Having catgirl models won't make you autistic, having 40k models in the first place is the issue.

>There are dozens of other settings with uguu kawaii cat girls as a focus. Play in those and leave the Gothic sci-fi/fantasy alone.
You don't even know the background behind the Felinids, do you? Their inspiration's setting would fit right into 40k like a typical hive world. Assumptions, friend.

I know, but it would make me an autist among autists

>wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Felinid
It comes from the 6th Ed codex. Also feast upon their incredibly nonexistent lore.

>not caring about your models
>not personal items close to your heart like a pet
join in my cute autism
seriously, ladies love cute!autism

Care to fill us in on the missing lore then?
Considering all GW has written on it is 'restricted to Carlos McConnel'.

IG? Yes, they've got two arms, two legs, two eyes and can die for the emperor. They're qualified. Odds are they're going to die as a guardsman, but there's always the chance they rank up.

Commissars? Unlikely, their recruiting pool is exclusively orphans of war. A local commissariat may recruit Felinids, but like all local commissars, they are 2nd class to the Imperial brand.

SOB? Hard no. An anomaly is possible, but strictly speaking, even a Felinid taken in with the Ecclesiarchy would be unlikely to be called to the order militant.

Preachers? Possible.

Arbitrators? Completely feasible, but they would likely find themselves unpromotable. Local arbitrator orders would be more likely to permit the abhuman.

Scribes? Are you literate? Can you write quickly and accurately? How do you feel about twelve hour shifts? Welcome aboard, here's your pen, your parchment and your blister guard.

There is no qualification of being a High Lord that would make a Felnid impossible to be one, beyond the obvious political disability of "Is an abhuman", which makes it unlikely for them to rise anywhere near that level.

Abhumans are accepted for the utilities they provide. Ogryn are appreciated as shock troopers. Ratlings are useful as snipers. Felnids are decent scouts.

In setting, they have the same mark of distain as any other abhuman; They are only more acceptable because their mutation is not always aesthetically disturbing, and this is more an issue of social cloaking rather than actual greater acceptance.

Catgirls are treated like shit in the Imperium by proper imperial citizens user. They only escape the same way anyone in the Imperium rises above their station: Exceptionalism.

The only abhumans that get away with it are Navigators, and only because they're irreplaceable to the point of being given their own category simply to pretend they're not highly deviant genomes.

>and shell shocked veterans that have been fighting orks for so long they think they are orks.
>IG Digganobz may be a thing
...wot?

if they exist and can join the guard not as meatshields, then nurglite orks and malalites exist too

Hellllooo.

Running a quest some time late this year or early next with a felinid in. Basically just gonna be a space khajiit. Auxiliary. No real rights.

>Commissars
Being able to smell fear in your men seems like an advantage.

>Implying the commissariat can't smell fear in the ranks

You're a new recruit aincha?

Armageddon ork hunters.

Probably maximum rank is around sergeant. Maybe lieutenant in some extremely rare circumstances.

This mostly. Though I'll admit I mostly lurk around these threads to see if that small snipit of artwork I've ever done comes around, though they arn't acting as one of the recognizable regiments, and technically they arn't felinids, but ya know. reasons.

It's kind of funny that the themes of misinformation, ignorance, and lost knowledge in 40k have actually spilled over to one extent or another to the fandom itself.

They can leave their homeworld and do whatever, they just aren't allowed to breed offworld iirc. Maybe they're chemically castrated on leaving their homeworld

40k started as the Wargame off the cover of metal albums.

There's no canon, there's no purity, there's no bible, no death of the author.

In the grim dark of the 41st millennium, there is only war.

And catgirls.

I'm talking more about how when people try to make arguments for something based on existing literature, not framing it as being their interpretation.

The Felinids aren't even a big deal in that regard, I'm talking more about stuff like smug neckbeards posting about how Khorne has been dumbed down and how he used to be more complex. This is in complete contrast to Khorne being mostly described the same through numerous books, bar Adeptus Titanicus attaching martial honor to him. From that neckbeards looking for something to get mad over constructed the idea that Khorne actually cares about what you kill, despite everything about him stating that he does not and only cares that bloodshed occurs.

Doesn't have to be that aggressive. It's as simple as ensuring no viable population can congregate.

That's roughly 200 by the way. It's trivial to manage emigration to prevent that from happening.

Which, because it's 40k, means there's clearly a population of Felnids in the Calixis sector, a regressive colony overlooked in Segmentum Solar, a band of hereteks raiding small shipping across the sector and a rogue trader who discretely advertises to planetary governors that, for reasonable terms on trade, he can throw in a visit from "The Stray Cat", which is definitely just a passenger barge, even though the ship's roll states it has disembarked no passengers for two years and 80% of the cabins hold female abhumans.

That's just an issue of differing priorities. It matters a bunch to Chaos players that their faction is deep and complex because they don't want to told they're just edgy.

Catgirls are sexy, catgirls are lewd -
my catgirl commissar can't be this cute!
Would it be heresy, would it be rude
if i fap to the thought of my mini's nude?

nice ΠΛΑΝΗΤΕΣ-Pepe, haven't seen that before

There is nothing that stops you from having your CSM act in a certain manner or have certain beliefs. There is however something of a problem when you actively try to push the idea that Khorne would get upset if one of his followers killed a bunch of defenseless civilians when almost everything written about him states that just isn't the case.

Well. He'd be ticked for a different reason. It's not an issue of propriety: Blood is blood. But you don't gotta be killing whelps; You got fanatics for that. Go get me some marine skulls. You gotta diversify your skulls man, it's basic trickle-down Kornenomics.

>Planetes pepe

I was dumbfounded myself

>There is however something of a problem when you actively try to push the idea that Khorne would get upset if one of his followers killed a bunch of defenseless civilians
depends how you spin it.

i have a khorne warband that have a quality of quantity thing going. they don't kill the unarmed because they're not worthy enough opponents to be killed in khornes name.

You desensitize to a smell if you live in it long enough.
Which is why you never know if you stink yourself.

You people are thinking too hard. Just use normal human woman, but giver their helmets cat ears. Like that biker chick from Durarara or whatever the hell it's called.

It's not that hard, guys.

And the blind worship of the Emperor is becoming more prominent and unironic.

Again, it's fine if you want that to be your warband's schtick and belief, but don't be trying to argue that the lore somehow supports Khorne being against killing people who can't defend themselves.

In the last IG codex, they did state there was a felinoid abhuman species whose genes were stable. So you could potentially have some in an IG army, but I would maybe put them in a scout squad (with las-cannon laser pointers for precision guiding).

Infinity has a catgirl model that is in the right size for IG. I have one somewhere around here but I cant seem to find it, but here is a picture from their site. Daktari doctor. I have one as the medic for my Elysian Drop troops command squad.

infinity minis aren't good for 40k. they're truescale insteadof 40ks heroicnscale and they look funny on a table together.

your besr option is going to be greenstuffing 40k minis, cat ears and a tail should be simple to add to some guardsmen.

considering felinoid humanoids tend to be depicted as being taller than standard humans (like Outlaw Star, final fantasy11 and 14 with the mithra, among others) it works. But I do agree if you plan on making them en-mass it would be better to greenstuff. the Daktari are more for one off characters, not whole regiments.

Do most people ITT realise the Felinids have like, literally no fluff beyond the fact that they exist, are used by the IG sometimes, and are endemic to a specific planet?

We don't even know if they're catgirls.

You recalled incorrectly. The only factual information we have is their name and that they are restricted to their home world.
Everything else is headcannon and conjecture.

They are not even stated to be used by the IG, just that they are some of the abhumans in the imperium.

there's no cannon depiction of them anyway so really just so it how you want.

personally I've always pictured them as like the thundercats rathee than anime catgirls.

>final fantasy11 and 14 with the mithra

Mithra/miqote are shorter than the "humans".

There was also the squats. I think the fact they were kinda-independant meant that none of them really took ranks in the imperium's ranks tough i could be wrong.

Technically, yes to all. Will they actually be able to rise that high without someone having a shitfit and getting them executed? No

This is a good picture.

Depend on how many get deployed together. As long as they only command their own, it wouldn't upset many people.

This. Technically even a Ogryn can become Inquisitor.

>once again Veeky Forums autists obsess over shoehorning cute girls where they'll be blown apart, dismembered, gutted and burned alive all at once

go back to gurochan

TBF they will also be doing the blowing apart, dismembering, gutting and burning alive.

Considering their restricted to ONLY their one planet, that's rather doubtful.

Bullshit. Canon has multiple examples of abhumans in positions of great power, the most well know being the fact that Nork Deddog ended his life as a Planetary Governor and Adeptus of Terra.

I can't wait for an edition where I can play furry space marine. It's just a question of time.

>Sister Yiffius
>Sister

Since, the Space Wolves are on their best way to go complete Furry, 9 Edition should be the deal for ya.

Thank you Captain Brother Wolfius!
I can't wait to burn some filthy mutants!

They're actually confined to just their home world. However, that's a HUGE step up from the "Kill of Sight" that most mutants get.
Ogryns and Ratlings are Imperial Guard material though.

Actually, if you ask me the Imperium should get its shit together and make a clear difference between accepted abhumans and mutants. Not that I want Kitten SoB, but I would love to see more Special Abhuman Units in the IG, I like such stuff.

>GW won't do catgirl SoB
Why would they turn down such a font of money?

There's nothing saying you can't put cat ears on your SOB.

Of course, the real issue is that if they acknowledge Felnid SOB, they'll have to acknowledge the SOB themselves, and that means renewed demands of a new codex.

what about hairless catgirls, mutated, and born with human looking ears?

>Catgirls = Furry

Are you new?

>They only escape the same way anyone in the Imperium rises above their station: Exceptionalism.

Catgirl Inquisitor Confirmed.

It's already happened.

Just greenstuff them you dummies. Or, according to your picture, paint ridiculously sized eyes onto them.