Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Chaos Tau Edition

OId >Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-ynnari/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/white-dwarf-preview/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9za5xzGKxNo
youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_449915&feature=iv&src_vid=H1AbgmnBVOw&v=6PX5iT_t9fk
youtube.com/watch?v=3uSM-ihNGHs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So how balanced is 8th

Are flamers good or shit I can't decide

Flamers are okay.

wacky

balanced/10

eldar got beat with a nerf bat, deservedly

all is good

>So how balanced is 8th
Significantly more than 7th

>Are flamers good or shit I can't decide
Depends on the situation.

Flamers on units with fly are very good.

think it will be odd if i mix cataphractii armor with tartaros for my chaos terminators, kinda wanna put the cata arms (including tassel shoulders) on tartaros torso.
think that will look dumb?

>A piloted pair of titan slippers

>He uses his command points to force my Eversor to fail at charging some boyz
Just so you know, you can't use the re-roll strategem to re-roll your opponent's rolls. I know the wording makes it seem like you can re-roll anything you like, but apparently that wasn't the intention, as clarified by the lead designer of the game in pic related.

I just had one of my Dreadnoughts lose 4 of his wounds in overwatch to a Heavy Flamer from some Cataphractiis

NEW TIER SCALE:

Tier 1:
ORKS(HORDE)
TYRANIDS(HORDE)
GUARD(HORDE)
Tier 2:
SPACE MARINES
MECHANICUS
Tier 3:
All Eldar
Tier 4:
Tau

Prove me wrong faggots.

Fairly well balanced, although there are a handful of broken combos.

But there are no longer whole factions that are busted.

those are the venom's I made before the official fig came out

Tau are fairly solidly mid-tier now.

No, go ahead and do it. Chaos often mix and match bits of armour as their old suits break down in battle and they have to scavenge.

The Lord of Contagion in Dark Imperium for example has Indomitus shoulders on Cataphractii armour, the interview with the sculptor reveals he did this on purpose to represent how Chaos has to cobble their equipment together from whatever they can find.

>Mechanicus
>Tier 2
>DEldar
>Tier 3

>Leaks and pre-release info means GW is aware of the bullshit asap and can have a day 1 FAQ
Feels good man

Putting Tau in their own tier at the bottom is the new meme, don't think about it too much

oh awesome, got link to that vid where he talks about the lord of contagion or was it a livestream thing?

Played my 4th game with Eldar today - man I'm really enjoying where they are in 8th.

>be me
>don't pirate
>see you guys making lists 10 days ago
>oh well you'll get it soon
>check emails
>no confirmation of dispatch for my 8th Edition + Books
>Huh, that's odd...
>Go check
>Preorder Item: Dispatched.... 17th June 2017

Oh fuck right off. Pirates get not only the novel but the rules 4 weeks before paying customers? A single week is bad enough; but 4?

so I just realized haemonculous buff the toughness on Raiders and venoms if you type them as coven.

if you go to a store, you can look at the rules there.
Legal and everything. So if you're paying in a store, you can be playing 8th ed fine already.

It's on the community site, VOX-CAST: THE SCULPTORS, less than a week old

As balanced as it can get, there are winners and losers but a good player with a crap army can still win games.

If you've already paid, why do you feel guilty about pirating?

Rvarna or yvahra
Which do you think will be better?
Unless you think all Tide variants will suck

It's a bit iffy depending on what army you face. 8th edition massively buffed melee armies by removing literally all of the charging restrictions from 7th.
> Everyone automatically splitfires
> Shoot any weapon at any target, followed by charging anyone you want. You are no longer required to charge whoever you shot
> Charging after disembarking from any vehicle
> Charging after disembarking from a vehicle that charged some poor bastard on the previous turn, thus locking them down for the entirety of their own turn.

Armies that can take good advantage of both the shooting and assault phase tend to do really well against armies that can only do one or the other. Orks can't take good advantage of the shooting phase(except with flamers), and Tau can't take advantage of the assault phase.

Tau are also now only slightly above average in shooting, while being SIGNIFICANTLY worse than every other faction in melee. Sure your crisis suits can disengage on a whim from melee combat, but it doesn't apply when a Contemptor with his 9" move and S14-D3 melee attacks just ripped all their suits in half and threw the now-dead pilots all the way to the opposite end of the observable universe.

On the other hand Orks don't have good shooting, so you can counter them by just kiting the poor bastards for 2 extra turns.

>people who exploit prerelease leaks get the rules before those who wait for the physical book in their hands
Really makes you think

Enjoying the fact people will actually play you now?

Is this how people are already playing games? I assumed it was just pirates. But this is a bit of a joke. Why the massive delay?

I don't, I just find it fucking stupid that this is the way it works now. Plus reading on the PC is fucking effort for me. Such is life. Oh well I'm not playing soon anyway.

Yes? My point is why is there a 2 week delay before dispatch for 8th? It was preorderable 8 days ago, but it won't even be dispatched till next Saturday? Why was there no release this weekend? What are they doing that means they have to delay dispatch by 2 weeks?

How many tervigons should I run?

thanks

no, the problem eldar unit got hit with a nerfbat. Home run hit, as many of still good but not OP now. And dire avengers for some reason.

Wraithlord and avatar got a big buff. Warlocks get to buff anyone so sweet ideas to finally try out. And the rest got sidegraded or buffed.

Chaos Tau

What 8th edition FW rules are you looking forward to seeing anons?

Dude, I don't pirate either but I take full advantage of the leaks.

I'll just pay for a physical copy in my hands when it gets to the store.

You honestly couldn't figure this out for yourself but bitching about it was easier to do?

I don't know if more than 1 is worth it.

Vultures

Hey What do you think about my chaos list? My plan is to have the termies and raptors deepstrike on to the board and delete problem units with rapid fire plasma and heavy bolters. Then cast warpspeed on the units that deepstrike to make it an easy charge. I have predators in the back to fire and take out any tanks, and the bikes can turboboost and still fire their melta.

If you follow the reply chain, you'll see my problem is why there is a 2 week delay before dispatch when it's never been that before. It's always been 1 week.

As for getting into store? Nice assumption everybody has time or the ability to do that.

I'm looking forward to having Tau suits without the experimental tag on them.

THUNDERERS

I WANT THUNDERERS

GIEF SUPERSTUGS NAO

It's shit

T'a'u'n'a'r
Leta see dem digits

Achilles Land Raider. I hope Excelsior is added as well. Thunderbolts. Sicarians. Firebirds. Dimercherion or however it is spelled.

What did you guys do today?

I spent all yesterday building and fixing models. Today I spent the rest priming. 13 heavy weapon teams, 10 Scions, Harker, Celestine and girls, 8 Bullgryn, Taurox Prime, Punisher, 5 Rough Riders and 5 Sisters of Silence.

This new edition made a lot of my shelved models awesome.

The Riptide variants too ya

Vendettas

What are tg bets on a future new faction release? Chaos Mechanicus? Chaos T'au? Chaos something? Or just a new Xenos (no Eldar pls)?

Alright fellas, just built a Manticore and it needs a name!

It's already happening user.

Gue'vesa tbqhwyf. T-there's no way they're gonna be shitty and boring!

Malcador Defender might be fun with the 5 HBs

why

Whatever is meant by not directly part of the tau empire

The Thanatar. I'm also excited/nervous for the rapiers, I always thought they were super cost effective.

The Shock 'n Awe.

Legacies of Glory honestly. I really loved the rules for making your vehicles more venerable.

I got fucking tabled by an Ork Player with an actual IQ of 60. Granted I was deliberately playing poorly so he wouldn't feel bad, but I was then horrified by how badly I was tabled on turn 2.

And before that I had a fun game with my brother who wanted to try out his new Betrayal at Calth marines. I took down most of his army, but he managed to win by objectives.
Literally ripped straight from a DISTURBED cover. I declare this to be a Music Thread.
youtube.com/watch?v=9za5xzGKxNo
youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_449915&feature=iv&src_vid=H1AbgmnBVOw&v=6PX5iT_t9fk

Because it's a Chaos Space Marine list :^)

Dark mech is almost a sure thing after Angelus comes out for 30k.

Squiggoths

Quiet! Before Raptors user hears you...

With all that surprise plasma butsecks you should be able to swing predator autocannons for some more volume of fire. Then maybe a cultist squad with the points you save? They're useful chaff.

Never tried SM's before, so this list is an experiment for me.

The only authorized 40k music that should ever be played or listened to is Bolt Thrower

youtube.com/watch?v=3uSM-ihNGHs

Maybe Tau Auxilliaries.

New Imperium Civil War with Traditionalists faction and Guilliman's Reformers faction if the universe is going the way I think it is.

Anyone play nids yet that can help me out

CHAD MARINE COMPANY

This site is 18+

did two games so far inquisitors and tanks vs necrons and a tesseract vault and nurgle vs khorne with khorne lord of skulls. vs necrons I smite'd the tesseract for most of its wounds then killed it in 1 round of shooting with my tanks and manticores. vs khorne it was pretty much whoever charged first would get the kills. dropped lord of skulls to about half wounds before game was called because I had mostly tabled him. both games so far have ended in two turns from smite spam.

Concur.

Although I do associate metallica black album pretty heavily with my chaos marines. I listened to it as I built them when I was a kid.

It's funny you should mention that...

Pretty well balanced. So far there are no stand-out super broken armies or builds, except for the conscript meme. Anyone with actual game experience can tell you that an all conscript army won't be half as effective as mathematical averages might suggest.
They'll be great as a screening unit for a real IG army, but nowhere near as game-breaking as people here seem to think. They're just overreacting because foot hordes are actually useful for once.

Not all of them, I have some manlets tossed in.

>Concur.

Jesus Christ, you're pathetic.

He likes Disturbed. That should have been your first thought.

Of course. Chad needs to put his beer down somewhere. Manlet Marine heads should do the trick. HA HA HA!

double camel cloak? +2 to your save?

My biweekly 30-minute long commute to the Geedubs is made tolerable by this kind of music. I've got a 10$ mp3 player hooked up to my car's aux port, with these downloaded:
> Blind Guardian
> Rhapsody of Fire
> Slayer
> Metallica
> Sabaton
> Booze Control
> Led Zeppelin
> Korpiklaani
> Dragonforce
> Yngwie Malmsteen
> Dio
> and BOLT THROWER.
This poster isn't me.

I'm sorry we don't all exclusively listen to k-pop like you, faglord

I think you mean SuperSturmtigers

You're right.

Not a gooklover I'm afraid. Good strawman though.

I pickep up new in box hive tyrant for $40 AUD today with free shipping. Best feeling ever when in aus that hive tyrant from GW is $90

Don't bully the manlets! It's not their fault they were born inferior!

>shit taste in music AND a racist
Whew lad

>browses /r/music once

Is it just me or are chad intercessors and inceptors kind of overcosted for how much firepower they give?

So 100 pts is ten wounds of meq but only 5 Holter shots, 130 pts of manlets is 10 wounds of meq and ten bolter shots, but degrades as you attrit manlets.

Just seems like a weird tradeoff to me, I guess. Hellblasters seem on par.

Thank God, I had somebody reroll my cult ambush from a 6 to a 1, was not looking forward to an entire edition of that

>Dragonforce
>and BOLT THROWER.

I'm sorry I don't like mid-2000s scene nu metal, AND I use mean nasty words on a nigerian mud cookie baking forum. But it's ok, because there are safe spaces on the internet like reddit where your opinion will be tolerated and never ever criticized or challenged.

The men of the Anglican 3rd were out in full strength as the sun rose over the battlefield. The Night Lords and their vile war machines (odd for a stealth legion) were prepared to assault and break the Guard positions.
7th Ed 4000pts Maelstrom of War today
Did you guys play any games? And hmmm should i batrep?

Got any music recommendations for fueling the modeling and painting of a Slaaneshi Marine and Daemon force? Focus is on rad with a hint of Saturday morning cartoon villain. Relevant Slaaneshi user from last thread here. Trying not to go full Power Rangers mixed with TTSD here, just aiming for rad with a side of Cobra Commander and amphetamine-based research chemicals. And noise, obviously.

>being a tremendous faggot and a bigoted piece of shit are the same thing as challenging someone's opinion
You just keep digging yourself deeper

Is nidzilla the way to go?

>And hmmm should i batrep?
Give us a summary: Who won, and why?

And maybe a few highlights

Yeah it seems a bit off, and they can't use rhinos either.