>the three main statistics in the system are Cute, Cool, and Passion

What would such an RPG look like?

Other urls found in this thread:

sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-1-cover
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Like anime trash

That's just my kind of trash, though

Half of a Pokemon Pageant Board Game.

Not sure, but it sounds somewhat interesting.

Then again, I do love abstract statistics. In a Wicked Age's set are some of my favourites, with each character having six values that are combined in pairs to describe actions- For Myself, For Others, With Love, With Violence, Directly and Covertly.

Disgustingly colorful and teasing everywhere.

Unbalanced because passion is by far the best.

Passion is used for physical tests and aggressive actions, generally representing how fired up one can get.

Cool is its opposite, one's ability to keep calm under pressure, take one's time, and their degree of patience. It is used for most mental tests and defensive actions.

Cute is a representation of one's appearance and charisma, both outwards and inwards. One may be attractive on the outside, but lack Cuteness due to their attitude or outlook on life. Generally, those who are cute have a bright and positive outlook, and those who lack cuteness tend to be more standoffish and negative. The closer two people are in cuteness, the easier time they will have influencing eachother's actions. A very Cute princess might have an easy time bonding with a moderately Cute knight, but will have a difficult time gaining sympathy from the Un-Cute witch.

Seems like decent stats for a rules-light RPG.

kinda like Maid RPG

Drop Factory

It looks perfect to play a game about a hotblooded retarded hero, his douche-bag 2cool4u rival and the useless chick that may or may not be the love interest.
So, perfect for shounen anime.

Each one is a different kind of charisma. Passion is leadership and getting people to buy into some kind of impractical or dangerous project because your enthusiasm for it is contagious. Cool is not just performing well under pressure but also trendsetting and social stealth, or acting like you fit in. Cute is not useful for leadership but is good for evoking sympathy in others and making them want to protect you.

so you've watched girlchan too, huh?

Uh, no? What is it about?

You mean the six main statistics are Cute, Cool, and Passion crossed with Visual, Vocal, and Dance?

Not enough stats. Probably more of a ccg

>Blood Type
>Hobbies
>Charm Point

There you go.

Even still, I don't really see it as something that's worth roleplaying.

I could see an im@s CCG or board game working, but without defining the goal of the RPG first, especially if the attributes are mostly arbitrary, there's no real definition for how each would be used to reach said goal.

If the goal is to make the audience happy, honestly, I think it's best suited to a board game with a limited number of turns...

Japan has a deep-rooted hard on for RPS, so setting up cool/cute/passion as something similar could be a popular choice, as well.

Magical girl system?

Actual magical girl, not this overly edgy deconstruction crap that started getting shat out after Meguka.

Idol RPG. Be a Japanese Idol, climb the charts, stir up drama and generate headlines so you can use your popularity to help you fight off beasts from beyond the stars, beings that know no love or light and only spread pain and despair through insidiously infiltrating the global subconscious.

Literally the Tri stat system, just rename them to body mind and soul.

Bitches don't know bout my RPG idols

>Even still, I don't really see it as something that's worth roleplaying.

>It doesn't have enough stats to be worth roleplaying

You can't make this shit up

I only know an RPG where Cool, Cute and Passion are values of the same Attribute.

My autism made me go further with this. Sorry.

Players are J-Idols in a Group. XP is Popularity. Stats are Cute, Tough, Cool, Funny, Hot. Five classes, each based on a different stat. Players are waging a secret war against Lovecraftian horrors (and their cultists) seeking to break the will of the world so they can summon their Fallen God masters into our reality.

Fights are done through metaphor. Each class uses its main stat to fight. Only the players are aware of the true struggle. No skills, just applied stats. All gear is based around stat change and (rare cases) special abilities.

Uses d6, dice pool, roll over. Feats allow for keep/swap/drop abilities on roll.

CuCoPa are types. The stats are VoDaVi.

It would probably look somewhat like sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-1-cover

>stat her, Veeky Forums

I imagine it would look a lot like Beginning Idol.

... but cute and sexy aren't mutually exclusive ...?

That's the one was referring to.

>3 stats aren't enough to roleplay.
>When Cops and Robbers is basically proto-LARPing and people freeform all the time.

Rapenauts: The RPG.
Where you play as explorers of rape who rape tight anime girls.
Cute is the rating that determines how adorable they are and thus how likely they are to be raped,
Cool is how long they can resist the rape before they break.
Passion is how much they enjoy the rape when they do break.

You of course mean Passion for Fashion, yes?

you're probably mistaking sexy with lewd or kinky here

I did too at the start

Like all others, except focused around being cute, cool, and passionate.

why even ask such questions user?

Replace Tough with Passion, and Hot with Beauty, or Elegance, and it'd probably work better.

>those pigeon toes

dumbest shit ever.

I went with the major stereotypes found in boy bands. One is always "Tough" but having "Beauty" as a stat is cool.

sounds like a powered by the Apocalypse RPG.
Most have 4 stats and not 3 but it may work.

But how else can you tell that the girls are both socially awkward and sexually available?

>cute
bottom
>cool
>passion
gay lust

>Not Slinky, Sassy and Sultry

An Animu version of Silk in the Glen.

>Cute, Chaste, Kinky
How would that work?

The closet sadist.

A social-only game?

>tfw no one to play a Cute Girls Doing Cute things RPG with

I empathize.

Because Passion doesn't mean "sultry", you sick fuck.

Realize that the opposite of Chaste is Lewd, so this is the animeme version of the words.

Cuteness is LOVE CUTENESS IS LIFE!

Couldn't these just be Pathos, Logos and Ethos by another name? I guess it would be a game about rhetoric. Logomancer TTRPG?

Without decent mechanics, your RPG becomes Fiasco.
Fuck Fiasco.

Assuming an Idol rearing RPG...

Cute is the physical appeal of the girls, Cool is their style and how well they can pull a look off. Passion is directly related to performance or presentation. From there you get into skills that might have stats added as bonuses or subtracted as penalties for use with said skill based on the context. A photo OP might benefit more from cute and cool than passion, but passion might be a negative modifier if the Idol is camera shy or over sells it.

But Nina is a huge slut.

>tfw you want to legitimately run an idol RPG but none of your group would ever be interested and you'd never run for randos since it would only attract That Guys and weirdos.

I'd play an idol rpg and i'd like to think I'm not That Guy.
Not like I can really prove that on Veeky Forums though.

Cute, Cool, and Passion aren't even actual stats, they're affinities.
The actual stats are Visual, Dance, and Vocal, Life which determines how much you can fuck up in the rhythm game, and a derived attribute Appeal which is just a total of the first 3.

Likewise this.

Is tg about to make an idol Homebrew?

>the three main statistics in the system are Cute, Cool, Passion and San.

>three
I just suffered a bit of san loss, I think

Probably a lot like TWEWY RPG, where the stats are Rhythm, Flow, Insight, and Bravery. I mean that as your stats are approaches, not attributes; in TWEWY the Sense skill uses Rhythm as a 'danger sense', Flow to know when you're being manipulated, Insight when looking for small or hidden things, and Bravery to figure out what's motivating someone's actions.

Don't need to But if I were I'd probably use something like Fate Accelerated and change the approaches to be more relevant to idoly things.

Or maybe even Dogs in the Vineyard, it'd be easier to fudge its conflict system to be about putting on a show or doing various other jobs and events since it's much more narratively focused and has nebulous, non-specific concepts and situations as your 'opponent' built in to the system.

Thinking about it further fuck Dogs. Fate would probably be better as while Dogs has the whole "non-specific opponent" thing down, everything else about it is a headache.

Also adopting the Modes idea from Atomic Robo could work really well, just make them stuff like "Live Show" and "Acting" or whatever.