Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1552: No Nose Nemesis Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A4COPL1Jep0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-2fmC98oF_bGptcnFMN0NhMTA/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-2fmC98oF_Y2tTdzFGeU5SVlU/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-2fmC98oF_WVFXd3BNVEVvcHc/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Suck it Strike-chan!

Yay! New thread!
Second Bane WIP, please no bully. Constructive feedback appreciated and all that jazz.

Flat faces are objectively unattractive

Does this look flat to you?!

So, in Innistrad, the "Beginning of a Bloodline" perk requires you to sacrifice an angel(or something of equal holiness/purity). If the setting doesn't have an angel equivalent, what would be some options to fulfill the second requirement?

Looks like someone learnt how to use photoshop in the decade they spent as a meandering spirit. Somehow... I don't know how you'd do that in the 1980's...

Sacrifice Nuns and particularly devout children. Maybe puppies too.

Okay, what's the joke with Crux and Voldemort, exactly?

In my original chain, I had a horcrux, and was basically Horcrux user before I just started being Crux. So everyone called me Voldemort. It's just a running gag.

Let's talk about the Benefactor! How do they look like when they talk to you? Could you describe their personality based on your interactions? What's your relationship?

My fingers are crossed that this jump has a relatively high drawback cap, with all the goodies you're putting into it.

It's gonna be higher than the Himalayas, no need to worry. Unless you're a fairly early chain jumper or not playing a power fantasy. Some of the drawbacks are going to be brutal and probably deserving of a certain more grimdark setting.

Well colour me excited! I love your flavour text, btw. It's a good combination of lore, memes, and interesting ideas wrapped up in solid writing.

Sand drawback?

It's a bane trilogy jump user, not star wars clone wars.

/jc/, what are you waiting for? How long have you been waiting? How much longer will you wait?

Maybe not sand, but a drawback that has lots of Cortosis ore dust collect on you and ruin your equipment over time. Bane, if you haven't read the trilogy, began life as a destitute and debt bound Cortosis miner on the planet of Apatros.

Automato

Get your finger outta ya bum Val!

...Worm...Update...

Never Ever
Worm has forsaken us

Which worm, exactly?

Pathfinder when?

She insists I call her mummy, asks me about my love life, proceeds to tell me about how she'd be a much better lover, she buys my clothes for me and makes sure that my transdimensional phone is always on.

SB

No foolin'?

Ho, did anything happen with Deserts of Kharak?

Some user claimed it but that was like a year ago and I've not heard anything about it.

Shit was comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=A4COPL1Jep0

I'd be happy to give it a shot if we all agreed it was a low powered setting that didn't need 600cp capstones.

In Uncharted Waters, would anything happen if I bought both the Angel and Goddess figureheads?

It'd be half and half? Fanwank it.

They have a Pathfinder jump. Not a very good one in my opinion, though.

>Let's talk about the Benefactor! How do they look like when they talk to you?

imagine pic related in a business suit.

>Could you describe their personality based on your interactions?

a mix of Smoozing and businesslike,usually doesn't Show up in less something is very wrong.

>What's your relationship?

Reality TV star/reality TV Producer.

Out of curiosity why does the GenoHaradan perk have black boxes over the letters, or is that just my copy?

This Also I'm waiting for a Gintama jump.

I can't find it on their Drive for some reason.

Because they're a secret organisation, user. I could type [REDACTED] if you prefer.
Hail GenoHaradan!

Today I learned that the mars rover plays happy birthday to its self once a year, but it is always alone.

Does the HK-47 item count as a companion? It kinda makes me companion the one in KoTOR and let the two meet.

For some reason my mental image of her is roughly "Haruhi wearing a miko robe". Doesn't have much of a personality like Haruhi, though, much more subdued. At the end of the day she just wants to sit in a nice comfy room while she watches her favorite anime. Which just happens to be me. She'll fangirl at points, but she's not really obsessive about it. More just "oh, that thing you did in the last jump was really cool, where are you going to go to next?"

I just went and watched that video.
Mfw I realise I am the robot.

it's on the work in progress drive, but it's also complete shit because of how the creator wanted to force game mechanics

Who said anything about this HK-47 figure? He's just a protocol droid, not some famous assassination robot...
If you get the perfectly benign protocol droid a body from... Telos or anywhere really, it'll become a companion. A seven foot tall, armour plated protocol companion.

Is that a yes or a no.

Huh, for some reason isn't showing in any of the folders.

But here they are:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-2fmC98oF_bGptcnFMN0NhMTA/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-2fmC98oF_Y2tTdzFGeU5SVlU/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-2fmC98oF_WVFXd3BNVEVvcHc/view

They are pretty shit jumps anyway.

Yes, if you repair his body.

I see what you mean.

It pleases me whenever I remember that Mars is a planet populated entirely by robots.

Well at the start things were pretty peachy. I considered my Benefactor to be my chief ally, even though they only really showed up at the start and end of each jump.

Things hit a rocky patch when I started seriously considering that they were using me for their own ulterior motives, but still 'okay'. It's one thing to intellectually know that you're dancing to a tune, but it's another to wonder why the music is playing in the first place or what happens when the music stops.

Trust hit an all-time low during a particularly nasty string of jumps with very nasty drawbacks and gauntlets in the mid-200's. But it must be said, neither of us totally abandoned the other, falling back on a more formal set of interaction.

A long period of rebuilding trust began as I grappled with what having power meant, as well as a general increase in awareness of what my role was. In this period, I started to hit my stride as a proper Out Of Context entity.
Lessons were learned; a significant chunk of the damage done during the low period was even retroactively repaired.
My benefactor threw a number of tests at me during this long period; but it's a lot easier mentally when you know you're being tested or kept in the dark for a reason rather than 'just because'.

Then the ulterior motive stuff got resolved.
Things are much better now that's over and done with. The way ahead is clear now.

>no lore at all

why

My benefactor is literally a non-sentient magical rock that exists in a folded space, sometimes glows, and travels between dimensions.
I'm just along for the ride.

Bug-eyed gray with taut shark skin and thin gossamer wings. They wear a silken robe. They don't talk or make noise. Jumper fills out the paperwork and then they are somewhere else.

The Benefactor observes.

I'm jumping Marvel and I rolled 2005, how does Age of Ultron even work? does wolverine and sue time shenanigans effect me? Am I stuck in one of the losing timelines? or it all merges together in the final timeline?

Mine tends to be either a small girl in a ladybug patterned sundress, or, depending on the theme of the chain, a mannequin, ever watching through burning glass eyes, situated in the far corner of my warehouse.
Those don't tend to be fun chains.

Female, average appearance but a bit on the short side.

Jumper starts the chain viewing her as an extremely powerful interdimensional entity, but over the course of the chain jumper starts something resembling a friendship with her and also starts to realize that she's the equivalent of a hikikomori. Post-spark, jumper make a point to occasionally forcibly drag her out of her hole and force her to go on an adventure so that she can get some sunlight.

voice in my head that present me choices every ten years.

To die.

I have posted it before, she looks different sometimes but you can always tell its her, she used to show up to do a recap but now we end up in the bar at the end of each jump.

She never pays for her drinks.

That's not in Hyrule Historia.

I go for a more playful version of Q from Star Trek who is basically just an all powerful being who can take on any form and just wants to screw with the MC for fun. Mine takes on the form of Sumika from Muv-Luv to make the MC uncomfortable and awkward about his powerlevel being exposed

You'll be waiting for the rest of your life then user.

Let's hope it's a short wait.

Because it is not true, its all headcanon.

Well of course, but he capped it by saying 'you can check Hyrule Historia for more details!' like he had an actual source.

I don't actually have a Benefactor but my jumper-self doesn't know that. My Benefactor is actually my future Post-Spark self using power-sharing abilities, time-travel and temporal keikaku perks to ensure that my jumper-self choose the same perks and items my PS-self did to complete a closed time-loop that ensure I, as aPost-Spark entity, will come into existence.

Its appearance is randomized each jump, but it always has some element that my jumper-self finds exceedingly familiar but just can't place where or why.

It always makes references and private jokes that my perfect memory will register and some jumps later (sometimes a few, sometimes hundreds) I will understand it because of some event that hadn't happened yet when it told me.

I have never actually 'meet' the Benefactor in person. Because he isn't actually the kind of entity that you can just meet.

Instead, my chain works under the supervision of a middleman-thing under the name of 'Jump-chan'. It likes to take toy-like forms and it's pretty much the kind of an asshole that you would expect to handle a guy like me cosmic powers.It presents me with the options and the end of the Jump and can be summoned to talk with in the Warehouse, although it can't be seen by anyone but me or my companions, or people who are about to join the chain and need to sign the contract.

It usually likes to remain a neutral party, not really minding what I do, although it won't miss the opportunity to let out some snarky comment about some of the more 'relevant' events during the last jump. It won't really help much, but it would at least answer question about the perks and the world as long as it considers it common knowledge that 'a born bald monkey like me should know if I were to do some basic research'.

Our relationship is some kind of awkward mix between that of co-workers and a test-subject and the scientist carrying the experiments. There is no actual hostility because there would be no point on it, but there is also no need for friendship.

That being said about me, it really seems to dislike all of my companions and will just mock them if it has the chance to speak with them.

It has been heavily implied from mid-to-late jumps that Jump-chan was created exclusively for me to have something 'humanoid' to interact, and that the Benefactor is using me, the chain or both as some part of its 'life' cycle.That last one is just Jump-chan's headcanon on the Benefactor,
though, or so it says if you ask it.

Uninstall, uninstall...

Solar Jump. Like a year at this point. But Wukong said he was going to work on it last week, so soon hopefully.

Anime was shit.

I'm waiting for Ricrod to come back

Go on the IRC and get his Discord already you dunce.

>those rules
It's beyond stupid with its religious adherence to Game mechanics. Especially since his interpritation of them is objectively awful. Makes the jumps isolated and HAVE to be done early to not be depowered in the most retarded world destroying way possible.

And makes imported companions have NEGATIVE LEVELS from the start and forces you to deal with shit exp distribution to give them empty levels.

The very fact it got removed from even the SB drive is a testament to how objectively awful these jumps are. Worst off the guy only changed one thing since all the complaints it got...adding mythical leveling and options. This shit isn't even a fun kinda bad like Forgotten Realms. It's just unfun incarnate. Glad everyone agrees this shit should never exist.

I live to irritate you all with PDAs and then win you back with, what I hope are, cool Jumps

It's not so much irritating as creepy

Play DnD.

I'm waiting for Bancho to try and make jumps again so we can bully him.

What Jumps did he try to make?

Banchó is for head pats, not bullying

Would head patting him using a power-hammer be acceptable?

Yes, right before he's pushed into the gas chambers. Because we're not completely heartless monsters like him.

First of all, I am appalled. Secondly, he is extremely, clinically autistic, which he has a therapist for and everything, so he probably would actually hate that.

right now my only claim is the destroy All monstersgauntlet.

Put back on your trip, bancho.

Whatever happened to that Generic Kaiju jump that was being worked on anyway?

>DnD
Get the fuck out of here with your causal gaming bullshit.
GURPS, Fate, or ORE.

If it's soft and inflatable, yes.
Triple suicide with Banchó when?
I'll murmur comforting words and wear gloves then
I'm not Banchó though, I am... fuck, I'm not attaching my actual trip to whatever this is.

Honestly wasn't me, some folks are just contrarian,and there's no better way to can be contrarian here then to defend me.

>gas chambers
But it's highly unlikely that he has disease-carrying lice.

>Not Dark Heresy

Have you and your companions ever played DnD?

same

I just think your groinsaw is cute.

>I'm not attaching my actual trip to whatever this is.

A mildly amusing joke?

So someone could redo Ghostbusters?

Originally I wanted to make one based on the 2009 video game, since yours took the rest, but if so we could be looking at half a dozen or more jumps filled with Ghost Busting goodness.

you know no one's ever described it that way before.

Holy fuck Bancho did that?
Not bad.

sure, I tried to fix it but I lost the draft when I moved. i could've sworn I uploaded a new version but it's not anywhere in the archives,just try not to mess up the power levels on the proton packs because I think a lot of people have done a lot of stuff with those.

did chara just use flirt?!

You could still make a jump about that OTHER Ghostbuster's movie.

>Holy fuck Bancho did that?

have you seen the Ghostbusters jump? It's a mess I did a lot of tinkering with it, but it's the old version on the drive and I can't find the new version on any of my hard drives . If you have the latest version Please upload it!

Enhanced.