Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Waiting for Slaanesh Edition

OId >Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-ynnari/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/white-dwarf-preview/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for Dangels are gay!

2nd for SISTERS A QT

First for Cawl for Fabricator General.

THIS

Don't you mean Eldar?

Trying to get exactly 500pts

Thoughts?

Troops
Cons 30 90pts
Cons 30 90pts
10 Scions 90pts HSLas5 4 Plasma Guns 7pts 1 Plas Pistol 5pts Power Sword 4pts
HQ
Lord Commissar 50+1+10 Bolt pistol/Power Fist
Commpany Commander 30+4 ShotGun/Power Sword
Elite
Vinidcare Assassin 90
6 Cpts

Should have been Fuck Off /pol/ Edition

No way José

Well fuck, I thought you were the same guy who spams "ELDAR A QT" every few threads with those shitty pictures with those creepy soulless eyes from the same artist as the one in your image.

Alright lets talk Orks
Nob mobs with 10x great choppas is fucking amazing and when thrown in with other boy mobs, the enemy tends to have a panic and cant shoot enough of your units.
Also anyone tryed warbuggies/skorchas/wartrakks?

Hate to ask but what does that say?
Glasses are being fixed

>Fuck reddit
>Hitler did nothing wrong
>holocaust is a tzeentch lie

> tfw your old and dementia ridden, muttering 'conscript mathhammer' under your breath while the nice, attractive nurse you can't see wipes your ass

Well, you can always add one more conscript for the last 3 points.

Seems a bit light on anti-tank and not sure the scions are going to achieve much with no orders. Maybe drop them to five guys, put 20 conscripts from one squad into the other to make a full 50, drop the other conscripts and add a regular infantry squad with a lascannon or missile launcher and maybe a melta, GL or sniper rifle?

Vindicare is a questionable choice, especially at this level. Consider a command squad with sniper rifles or ratlings (if you have the minis) instead.

>Read "Dark Imperium"
>The Emperor doesn't love the Primarchs. He never viewed them as anything more than tools and weapons for his goals
>The Emperor doesn't love men. He spends their lives with as much disrgard that a space marine gives to the bolter shells in his bolter clip
>However, the Emperor loves mankind

What did they mean by this?

Im starting Iron Warriors for 8th, how does this look?

GW trying to rip off Gilgameme.

He spends lives, but he does not waste them

It's an ok list but by no means is it "iron warriors"

snipers can still clear conscripts off of objectives. the goal of the game isn't trading points afterall.

They probably don't know what they meant just thought it sounded cool

>tfw you will never be able to give those looks to a flustered sister agnoris

why live

But ... but you can't mathhammer objectives ! This is so confusing ....

FUCKING PIGDOG AMERICANS DON'T YOU KNOW GLORIOUS DARK ANGELS ARE THE STRAIGHTEST LEGION OF THEM ALL

>snipers can still clear conscripts off of objectives
No, they cannot.

He doesn't give a fuck about individual people or even whole groups of them, but the entirety of mankind is important and must be perserved.
Gotta spend money to make money, basically. Except with humans. And it's a stupid retcon.
And I dread the moment some BL hack gets to write the fareful duel on the Vengeful Spirit.

The Dark Imperium novel reveals a bit of info about the two unknown primarchs.

Girlyman says that those two "failed". What does it mean that they failed? What kind of failure that made the Emperor attempt to totally erase the two primarchs and their legions in suck a fashion that it scared the other primarchs.

I bought a big lot of csm, but it didnt have any warpsmiths. Otherwise I would bring those.

I have several forgefiends and a maulerfiend, but I didnt want to fill all my hs spots with them cause I thought it would feel spammy.

I also have Obliterators and Mutilators, but they seem really dumb this edition.

America here just waking up, did I miss anything good?
Also be on the look out for my conscript battle report, I'll be bringing two max meme blobs with all the support along with some artillery and a flavor of baneblade, will be done in about 8 hours

>all this text when you could have just written "conscripts stayed at 3ppm while everything else increased nearly 2x to 5x their old costs, and now the game is about aura stacking without requiring every model to be within the aura"

Since Angron and a couple others also "failed" in terms of conquering their homeworld single handedly/being decent superhuman generals, I'm guessing the Primarchs failed in absolutely abysmal ways, such as being pacifists, physically weak, incapable of leading armies, not exhibiting any superhuman traits, prone to Warp corruption, no latent psychic ability, etc.

Like, they were so unfit that the Emperor would rather expunge their existence and genetic lineage rather than try to salvage them like he did Angron.

They probably rebelled and tried to splinter off to form their own empires, this threatens the 'imperial canon' that the emperor cannot be defied, especially by his own children, so he gets Russ to exterminate them, and wiped them from the records as both an example and to keep a consistent theme of 'I'm the best, my armies are the most loyal'

Remember that the Primarchs care dearly for their own legions, and the threat of complete annihilation of both themselves and their own children is pretty scary

How do I paint black robes? I want to do a Stygies VIII AdMech force for 8th, but I dunno how to paint them.

>>The Emperor doesn't love men. He spends their lives with as much disrgard that a space marine gives to the bolter shells in his bolter clip

Which is dumb because Primaris have an "auto-reliquary" to "automatically bless and sanctify bolt rounds on the battlefield" because they will "never fire an unsanctified bolt round except in the most dire of circumstances", proving that even space marines care about their bolter shells, just like the Emperor cares about men.

Ultramarines are regularly chastised and punished for missing shots and wasting ammunition. They probably have above 75% hit rate with their bolters, across all soldiers.

If I deep strike crisis suits/commanders from a manta and that suit/unit has bought drones, do the drones deep strike as well?

>god is a detached, inhuman, uncaring being that treats humans as little more than tools and doesn't give a shit about individuals
There's some philosophers saying "I told you so" in their grave

>They probably rebelled and tried to splinter off to form their own empires, this threatens the 'imperial canon' that the emperor cannot be defied, especially by his own children

How does rebelling and forming your own empire have to do with worshipping the Emperor?

>Remember that the Primarchs care dearly for their own legions

laughingAngron.jpg

>Ultramarines are regularly chastised and punished for missing shots and wasting ammunition
That's because shit's expensive yo. They're literally rapid fire minirockets.

>And I dread the moment some BL hack gets to write the fareful duel on the Vengeful Spirit.

It's already planned, and the used-to-be lore overviewer and general editor for the HH novel series was gloating about how many retconns he made sure are going to be in there. The Emperor not being able to outright kill Horus because he still loved him as a son was one of those things that made the final duel of the HH such a cool, tragic story. But that'll be gone soon, to be replaced by anime trope fights between autists.

I don't understand why GW and BL think removing emotions from characters makes them look cool lately. It just makes them unrelatable and kinda makes their motivations unbelievable. Turning everybody into autistic fucks isn't good writing, or interesting character development.

im pretty sure yes

isent the drones like "equippment" that just happens to be an induvidual unit with some special rules regarding wound allocation

Dark Imperium reveals that the Emperor killed Horus with his sword, not through a psychic attack.

Nothing about worship, but the Emperor still has to appear to be the best option for humanity, lest it give other groups (mechanicum) funny ideas about independence

Also Angron had nails in his brain, he's exempt from most of these notions

it is but there was a rule in 6th/7th where any tau infantry/MC with a jetpack had deep strike.
With deep strike being restricted to xv8s I haven't seen anything stating if drones also deep strike.

That just makes Chaos even more pathetic.

So what kind of load out is good for carnifexes this based on what we've seen so far?

Looking to get started with a swarm(-ish?) list using the tyranid swarm box as a base.

Shout out to British people for basically electing an antisemite communist because you guys love foxes too much, I'll be there in a few weeks to take advantage of your tattered economy and get all my indexes and rulebooks on the cheap
On a separate note how's the 40k scene In Manchester?

Well, it didn't make sense (no matter how powerful) for a mere human being to stand before the combined power of the Chaos Gods and win.

Glad they are rewiring it to a version that gives the Chaos Gods their deserved respect.

>killed by a literal god
>pathetic

The entirety of the Horus Heresy should never have been put into writing at fucking all. The entire point of it was that it was this mythic time utterly lost to history and no one knew the truth of all the events anymore, the figures of it were living legends that no writer could have ever done justice to and we were only supposed to know of them through the few shattered fragments of surviving stories that survived 10,000 years to present. The ambiguity and unreliable narrator aspects allowed everyone to view the Heresy in their own way and left things to the imagination that are cheapened by being shoved into the limelight and drolly written out in pulp sci fi action prose.

The sword is extremely anti-Chaos and has a shard of the Emperor's power in it. It was so potent that it wounded an unkillable Nurglite Dragon from the End of Time something that should have been impossible.

Being erased from existence by the focused psychic might of the strongest psyker in existence is a far better death than being cut down by some faggot who was choked out by an ork.

>making everyone inhuman
That's why I love the guard, all their characters are humans right down to the marrow of their bone

Stick adrenal glands on the base load-out, bio-plasma too if you're feeling spicy. That's it.

There is no money in that, dawg. The HH series is a best seller.

>Implying the Emperor is God.

Burning Blade relic/Guilliman's sword should instantly remove from the table any Chaos unit it wounds.

/pol/tards can't even put the effort into their derailments now

I'm still waiting for the art of macho man ork with the Emperor in a choke hold

That image is far less badass when you realize that if it were to take place in 40k with a guardsman, Guts would die like a bitch, instantly. He can only say that and get away with it because he's literally on-par or better with the "faggot-ass monsters" like space marines.

If he were a regular guardsmen, he'd barely be able to make it past "fuck you". Hell, he'd be dead before he even hit the ground.

To humanity he is by all intents and purposes, Robby G admitted to it himself

Actually, he is conflict about it but resolved that someone as heartless and cold as the Emperor doesn't deserve to be worshipped as a god.

>antisemite communist
No matter how many times you repeat this it still sounds like an oxymoron.

Plenty of badasses that are only human with metal arms are able to stand up to inhuman monsters in 40k

>Glad they are rewiring it to a version that gives the Chaos Gods their deserved respect.

If you think that's gonna happen you're in for a disappointment. In MoM it's already made clear that the Chaos Gods didn't actually give a fuck about Horus and his little rebellion, that was all just a prank. It's already being hinted that the reason Horus will lose the duel is because the Chaos Gods set him up to fail for shits and giggles.
The only thing that got the Chaos Gods a little worried was the Emperor's webway project, but once that was taken care of it's straight back to trolling the material realm if they feel like it.

Yeah, so was Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey. the world still would have been better without that garbage being printed.

Not to mention all the money that went to those books could have still gone into GW's pockets via model purchases instead. I doubt there are many people who read the HH novels but don't play the game. Plus from what I can tell these days most people just pirate Black Library schlock anyways.

>everything else increased nearly 2x to 5x their old costs
Infantry mostly stayed the same, with small changes. Things which jumped in cost by huge amounts generally changed a lot (like vehicles) or are only actually a small part of the total cost of bringing that item to the board (like heavy weapons).

Really, the things that make conscripts even better this edition are that there is no requirement to take anything other than conscripts and conscript-enhancers and the reduced effectiveness of most (what used to be) blast and torrent weapons, plus the removal of daemons who can spawn more numbers than a conscript horde.

Yarrick lost to Ghazghkull and was captured.

>/pol/
>complaining about antisemitism
>literally choose one you retarded plebbitor

Did /leftypol/ ever happen or is that just a pipe dream
>god I can't imagine which would be more cancerous

Very dark blue-grey base, dark blue-grey highlights, black shade, basically.

>Nob mobs with 10x great choppas is fucking amazing
Why? They're still slow as shit and get killed off easily

Yeah but he stood up to him despite being totally outclassed in size and strength, plus the story after he's captured shows him being so badass he actually gains the respect of the beast

/leftypol/ is fucking cripplechan you retarded dipshit. Even if they do come here it's to brigade /pol/. They have literally 0 interest in Veeky Forums.

You plebbit fucks really are stupid.

It exists on (eight)chan

I haven't bothered to look into it

i cant really find anything saying a firm yes but there is nothing to say it shoudnt either.

maybe the Tau codex will make it clearer

>footslogging

Which list builder do you guys use?

>like noone said this million times before
OH WHAT A SHOCKING TRUTH

>posting worst bearers
Fuck off with the cuck legion

Pen and paper & my mind. None of the others have all units on yet/battlescribe will be released soon

Which is ironically exactly what the Emperor wanted.

For UK people:

What's the cheapest you've found the Dark Imperium box set?

£76 is cheapest I've found

This one.

But really, you must be autist to dont understand this things. Emperor is tyrant and his fachistic empire is about collectivism, not individualism

>no warpsmith

in the tau thread I saw this answer which seems legit so I'll use this for now

Yarrick lost because he was an idiot and put an oversized melee weapon on his missing limb and held a gun in his hand. What he SHOULD have done was put the gun on his missing limb and hold an oversized weapon in his hand.

still no IG and Orks...

bruh half the factions aren't done there, calm down

>all those tabs
This is elaborate bait right? To trigger the /mu/fags?

And the word bearers are fundamental religious faggots and their opinions are null and void.

I am Alpharius

But the whole point is he's so orky that he has a klaw, the Orks wouldn't fear and respect him if he just had a choppa, any git can loot one of those, let's not forget he one hands a storm bolter, something not even the sisters of battle who are a quarter his age can do

exactly what I was thinking, either that or is a cuck

Tab baiting is my favorite form of baiting

But what if his choppa was like...really really big. Too big to be called a choppa. Too big, too thick, too heavy, and too rough?