GM needed for Pathfinder/D&D Game

We're looking for a GM for a Pathfinder or D&D game. We've got a discord going of 4 players who would be interested in about an hour or so. After I get a few replies, I'll post an invite link.

I hope you step on a d4

1. Are you actually paying for this service? Or do you expect someone to take time out of their day to run a game for people he doesn't even know for free?

2. Do you honestly expect a DM to put together an entire campaign in an hour?

3. Not even gonna tell us what kind of characters everyone is playing or what kind of game you're looking for? Gritty and serious? Lighthearted and noblebright? High-Magic? Low-Magic?

This has to be bait, and I know I just responded to it, but fuck damn.

Not him but
>GM can't make up a story on the spot
What a shit GM lmao

>Story is all there is to DMing.

Yeah, forget dungeons, encounters, loot, NPCs, balancing for party level...

Seems like they want a one time thing not something hardcore that will go on forever.

>I can't plan at all and just make up everything on the spot because WTF RANDUMB is the best way to run a story. Who need balance or plot-progression?!

Wow, what a shit GM lmao.

>not a new IP
Hello samefag

To clear up:

1.No, this is not paid. I was hoping for a GM who may want to meet some new people, improve his GM skills or generally have some fun. I didn't know that being a GM is slave labor.

2.We really don't care whether the GM makes it up on the spot, makes it up beforehand or even gets it out of a book. The Plot can be really basic, we'd just like to have someone make up a basic story for us to dick around in.

3.We wanted to let the GM do whatever he's most comfortable with. If he's a novice and only knows Pathfinder, that's cool with us.

This is not bait, we'd really like whoever would like to give up some of their time for a silly game to join us. It's a one-time thing, nothing really hardcore.

The planning required for even a short session is still usually several times longer than the session itself. Even for a short game. Unless you're literally just pulling up random monster pages with no real plan or direction, you do have to have some framework in mind when setting up a session.

More than 2 people have replied to this topic. Just because more than one of them thinks you're a faggot doesn't mean they're the same person, faggot.

So you are saying OP replied with the same shit? Nice joke samefag.

Good luck I guess. It comes across as a really arrogant request, but it seems like it's being made with honest intentions.
GMs are far more scarce than players though, even groups of players, so you probably won't get what you're looking for.

That's the idea actually, randomly pulling up monster pages with no real plan or direction.

So, if you don't care about the system, the kind of story and are going to dick around...

Why doesn't one of you GM?

>He hasn't been in a game where the players randomly went the wrong way and you had to randomly pull monsters out of thin air

Poster count is higher than 3 as well, so you;re not really proving anything, other than that you're either baiting or trying to save face on an anonymous image board.

It went higher than 3 after the samefag post. Stop trying to saveface dude. We get it you tried to shitpost but you got caught.

Technically it'd have to be higher than 4, but same point, it was at 5 at the time.

We're all pretty new and have only really played a few games. That also explains the very low bar for plotlines.

Because gming is haaaaard user :,(

I'll do it faggots.

d&d or pathfinder?

If by D&D you mean 5E that would be preferable I've got a lot of Pathfinder experience but it's been a while so I'd likely fuck the rules up.

Yes you are since you don't even know how to spoiler

Hey all! We've found a DM for our game. Thanks to all for some great replies.

I mean... whatever you're into, but that sounds less like a campaign and more like just testing out the game mechanics.

A good DM always has a few spare encounters prepared in to sprinkle into the adventure. Part of preparation is preparing for what do if the party does something unexpected. Even this takes time to prepare. Running a game entirely off improvisation is risky, especially if the players manage to pay better attention to conservation of detail than you do.

Then sounds like you need more practice as a GM. Maybe you should go help these nerds out and get better.

Its precisely because I've practice that I've come to appreciate the value of good preparation time and having a clear idea what you want of your game and the plot progression within it. Improvising has it's place, and it's impossible to escape the need for it entirely, but I've found that my games are generally better the more time I put into hand-crafting them as opposed to using random tables or making stuff up on the spot.

Good preparation creates far more satisfying games than just randomly making shit up as you go along. So fee GM's get this then wonder why their games fall apart.

Even if you take a simple scenario like a murder mystery the players have to solve it's so much better when you as a GM know who did it and have prepared a bunch of clues and so forth for the players to work it out because when they do they would have actually earned it.

I've heard of GMs who run murder mysteries and then whoever the players choose they a say that's the murderer and this physically disgusts me.

Extrapolate this planning to a whole campaign and it's an awesome feeling.

Post in the Gamefinder you asshole.

Maybe the reason you don't have a DM is because you're entitled fucks who think DMs are waiters.

>1.No, this is not paid. I was hoping for a GM who may want to meet some new people, improve his GM skills or generally have some fun. I didn't know that being a GM is slave labor.
Protip: Finding players is easy, finding GMs is hard. Any GM who actually wants to run Pathfinder for randoms in the internet already has all the games he wants.

Oh yes, god forbid we actually have a game with an actual progression as opposed to being whatever the GM is excited by at that particular moment.

Why not roll for Race/Class/Alignment and pull out mad libs for NPC dialogue while we're at it?

I'll run a game for you if you agree to play in an OSR homebrew game. Very simple dnd inspired rules with only 3 classes. Your group interested?

I like how as soon as somebody offered, OP just fucked off.

Do it anyways, how does any other DM start? There isn't some apprenticeship program for DMs, you know. I'm sure you would have a blast learning the ropes if your boys were understanding