Previous Thread: NEWS

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

THREAD QUESTION

What do hope to hear from the announcements this week?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/deck/670584#paper
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=114913
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=39701
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=276498
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=153165
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=40130
mtggoldfish.com/price/Oath of the Gatewatch/Stoneforge Masterwork#online
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sheldon Memery found to be centuries old lich feeding off spite; removed from Rules Committee.

>needed a shitty casual deck
>didnt want to spend more than 50$ on one
>find out spider is super cheap
>allready own some cards
anything im missing that I NEED?
mtggoldfish.com/deck/670584#paper

What does Ruric Thar need? I might go with the "fuck you no matter what" approach.
I stuck Harsh Mentor in there somewhere. I think I might put in Zo-Zu.

all right guys i'm sorting through my magic cards, how do you sort yours? I'm currently just sperating them by color but my friend says his uncle seperates his fuckhuge collection by set, which i may do once i get enough boxes.

>friend refuses to run ANY spells in the deck
>try and tell him that no one is forcing you to play those spells
>no wheels, no ramp, nothing but creatures
>he always wonders why he cant win

Admit energy was a mistake and ban marvel and unban Emmy.

Also, anyone got some sweet tech for Jund midrange for commander? My commander is the card draw insect

>Implying Mass Land Destruction Tribal isn't fun

Is he running Ruric Thar? Yes? then he needs more utility creatus. No? Why the fuck is he not running Ruric Thar.

Your friend goes hard.
I have 6 or so non-creatures. Pulse of Murasa and anything worth getting blasted for.
>Armed and Dangerous
Does he at least bloodrush his commander?

Right off the bat I'll tell you putting it in tappedout will get you more responses.

99 permanents + Primal Surge is fun

What cards do you consider Red's goodstuffs? I mean all the other colors have their obvious autoincludes, Demonic Tutor, Enlightened Tutor, Cyclonic Rift, Rhystic Study... I can only think of pic related, but even that is kinda costly at 8cmc.

By set is the easiest way to organize, as u just pop a new section for every new product u open up as they get released. Sorting ur initial collection is the hard part to this. My current collection is sorted by color, rarity, and standard and non-standard.

Chaos Warp, Vandalblast, Wheels, Insurrection, Blasphemous Act, Cheeky-Kiki, Zealous Conscripts

Those can probably go in just about any red deck though I personally avoid Cheeky-Kiki like the plague.

now that's a spicy meatball

Blasphemous act. Traitor cards may kill the occasional person by stealing their tron but won't usually win you anything.

Kiki-jiki, Godo Bandit Warlord, Hoarding Dragon, Krenko mob boss, Fire Servant, Worldgorger Dragon. Magus of the moon, Blood moon.

Chaos Warp, fork/reverberate/reiterate

and all the one sided mass haste enablers and uncounterable X burns.

wheel of fate
wheel of fortune
magus of the wheel
magus of the moon
blood mood
price of glory
chaos warp
vandal blast
reverberate
Possibility Storm

Artifact/Enchantment recursion in mono-blue?

Does anyone have any fun cards to include in a Gitrog deck? Nothing broken necessarily, just fun.

>Blood mood
My girlfriend has that.

>If putting any of those permanent cards onto the battlefield causes abilities to trigger, those abilities will wait to go on the stack until Primal Surge has finished resolving. Starting with the active player, each player puts his or her abilities on the stack in any order.
I guess Zo-Zu wouldn't work very well then

>Possibility Storm

Sunstone

I like it, but then I'd need 45 Snow Covered Lands

Costs, like, thirty bucks. You probably already shelled out for a Crucible of Worlds.

Is paradox engine ban worthy?

Actually no. I pulled one back in tenth edition and just kept it all this time.

Sol Ring and Mana Crypt are much more banworthy, especially since they're what makes Paradox Engine degenerate in the first place

In a couple 2" D-ring binders and a bunch of boxes.

Color and alphabetically. WUBRG, then multi-color, then artifacts, then non-basic lands. I also throw in full art lands after the non-basics according to age and collectors number. Yes it's autistic but it lets me show off my favorite cards while protecting them and it provides a catalog of my entire collection. The rest go into boxes that are sorted in the same manner. When I make/tune decks I'll use the binders to find stuff that I think will work well and then pull it from the boxes. Only exception is if it's a card I only have one of, then I put a proxy into it's sleeve in the deck. If required, I'll pull it from the binder but since I only play EDH most people don't give a shit. At worst they just want to know if I actually own the card or not.

I have considered sorting by sets, but that would just be a massive pain in the ass when I'm looking for one specific card and I don't know which set it's from. Or it's a card in multiple sets, making it pointless to have it multiple times in my limited space.

I have to agree that energy is a dumb mechanic.

I would also say that Emrakul should be unbanned for EDH. There is no reason to ban it that cannot be applied to other eldrazi.

>What do hope to hear from the announcements this week?
Abolishing the RL

>I would also say that Emrakul should be unbanned for EDH. There is no reason to ban it that cannot be applied to other eldrazi.
Infinite turn combos?

No. It's incredibly vulnerable, and if it's in a deck built around abusing it (see: storm) the deck would run fine without it. That's the sign of a bad ban - doesn't hurt degenerate decks, but ruins any other uses.

Worm Harvest

>Mfw excited as fuck for M35 cause potential crucible reprint due to number crunching
>Mfw I can finally grab 5 of, 4 for memedern and 1 for my 'dat boi' deck at reasonable prices
>Mfw its just damping matrix that filled in the crucible slot

why

As a rule of courtesy, we don't discuss the ban list here unless a change has happened and we're forced to discuss it. Remember, this edition of the general is the "Less Shitposting And Autistic Arguments" edition.

Lucky. Still, it's not that expensive, comparatively, to pick up Snow lands in Gitfrog.

Mm3*

Because the layout doesn't look like garbage and most posters are aware of how to navigate it and where the relevant deck analytics are.

you sound like a faggot

Arachnogenesis?

Because Tappedout is a lot more convenient for viewing cards, looking at mana curve and color distribution, and even to take decks apart and try out your own substitutions. Goldfish just displays the price more conveniently.

Alright. Have fun getting help with your deck.

Fuck it. I just placed an order from Card Kingdom for 15 each snow covered forests and swamps.

ive seen people use goldfish all the time

Which can be done with how many other things?

Which can be stopped by how much other shit?

Seriously, old Emrakul isn't much of a threat. It, and the other old eldrazi, are mostly useful as fatties and a counter to mill decks.

>Wizards doesn't remove the RL
>However, they do print thousands more for direct purchasing through wizards
>Third party sellers faces when

And if you actually paid attention you'd know that they were more likely to get help using tappedout.

Thinking about building pic related. What kind of deck would work best with her? Right now I think I might build around her +2 and add effects like megrim and a few zombies for flavor

i'm not sure how you don't have pic related but here's some other suggestions.
>Swarmyard: gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=114913

>cryptic gateway is pretty spicy gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=39701

>descendant's path: gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=276498

>pack's disdain:
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=153165

>steely resolve:
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=40130

>stoneforge masterwork:
mtggoldfish.com/price/Oath of the Gatewatch/Stoneforge Masterwork#online

also you could use beastmaster ascension. since you're in a token deck and you have green you could use the overrun type effect.

okay thank you

oh yeah i checked the prices for ya too, i don't know how much of your budget you have left after the initial list but the most expensive of these is steely resolve at under 5 bucks.

Yeah man, lemme know how it does once you finally test run it.

Some user posted a neat budget list for her - pretty only standard card were used. Sadly I didn't save the link. Maybe he is still lurking tho

Attrition, discard and/or stax based. You can even accomplish this with Liliana flavoured cards and a zombie subtheme.

Can never happen, tragically. They'd have to abolish the list in order to print more copies of said cards

Should I build a Marrow-Gnawer deck? He looks fun. Like a slightly slower, mono-b Krenko with a fucking sweet evasion keyword

>What do hope to hear from the announcements this week?

RL abolishment. But we all know that won't happen. Realistically: a set printed in old frames. Perhaps iconic masters?

I just hope that they won't announce anything that would fuck up the entire franchise. I believe I read something about a Magic movie and a Magic MMORPG. Stuff like that has the potential to destroy the game from within. Maybe this is part of a major campaign and they want to develop new target groups and make the game accesible for other demographics. They could alter the lore and simplify the gameplay. My biggest nightmare is that we end up with some kind of shitty real version of hearthstone with pink haired gnomes on every artwork, because very young and female players supposedly like them, and facebook codes on every card.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I think the restricted list is fucking retarded but I'd rather see the occasional power card helping to pad set numbers than buying one from a vendor. Mostly because I figure that WotC will run out of new cards eventually, so they'll be forced to reprint or die. Better if they reprinted more of the older stuff to pad out numbers.

I want to throw her in one of my decks. Planeswalkers are just so damn useful. But yeah, I'd probably focus on recursion with her. Throw in a lot of zombies too, maybe a coat of arms if you can spam enough of them.

I'm just not sold on the idea of her as a general.

If you want to see how Gnawer plays, see Ghoulcaller Gisa, but with rats instead of zombies.

Have you ever played pauper commander?

There's definitely an MMO in the works but I'm not sure about the movie.

also consider some cheap sac outlets like ashnod's altar, altar of dementia, and sadistic hypnotist.
hypnotist isn't a spider but he can sac your spider tokens and demolish hands.

My roomie boohoos because he doesn't like "purposefully handicapping himself or not being able to make big plays"

Hey that's neato too

Why is Death Baron so expensive

Before this thread is over, here is your threadly reminder that the only people that have a problem with "tactical scoop"

are people that don't understand the concept of MAD or Mutually Assured Destruction.

building her as pure discard is most likely a bit too heavy on the themes, especially since her transformation is pretty difficult in a deck like that

if you want my advice, go for sac & recur with a discard focus. use creatures like fleshbag maraduer, merciless executioner and slum reaper and shriekmaw to both activate liliana and to kill your opponents' stuff, then recur those creatures and stuff like mindslaver to further drive your advantage. you can also use liliana's discard to get your big fatties into the graveyard, which is nice since you can reanimate them later.

you should also put in a lot of draw to counteract your own discard, but that goes for just about any monoblack deck

so basically: just a pretty typical monoblack reanimator, but focus on hand hate

i wouldn't bother with megrim effects. your deck will be trying to do too many things at the same time and will be worse for it.

the only exception is some very useful megrim effects, like Waste Not and maybe Sangromancer and so on

go away

One of my friends made a shitty commander deck from bulk and didn't have any rares.
If I hated myself I could make Nagao, Bound by Honor an uncommon commander.

But pauper commander is incredibly boring. Might as well play with intro packs for the same power level and consistency

>I need to play Legacy-level cards to keep me entertained
>I need consistency in a 100 card singleton format

You might be playing the wrong format.

No, I'm playing the right format: EDH not pauper commander.
I don't think casting divination and having no boardwipes makes for a fun time. You can't even have proper levels of jank in pauper. I'd say to each his own, but you're complaining that you can't make others play your abomination of a format.

Is there a good commander youtuber out there? Or magic in general for that matter?

i have not researched the subject at all but i'd say nope

Go away, you don't understand MAD.

Why?

>Alesha reanimator
>drop little Lili
>flips, people discard
>gets shot down
>bring it back
>flip it, people discard
>eventually get the emblem
>people scoop

>Which can be done with how many other things?
How many of those things are sitting in your command zone?
>Which can be stopped by how much other shit?
Not that much, considering that Emmy triggers on cast.
>Seriously, old Emrakul isn't much of a threat. It, and the other old eldrazi, are mostly useful as fatties and a counter to mill decks.
Other Eldrazi are at least possible to hit with StP.

Tactical scoop is retarded because the only strategy it hoses is "combat damage value", therefore limiting variety in the format because all it does is make people shy away from it. Anybody practicing "tactical scoop" is a little bitch that can't handle a loss fairly in a casual game.

magic man sam makes interesting stuff
everyone else feels like
>le wolf on wall street
>vlogs about card shop
>reviews
>top 10 CRAZZZY CARDSSS
>WTF IS WIZARDS DOINGGGG

also
avoid rudy fags at all costhes a hack

>that tfw when the all is dust i bought half a year ago has more than doubled its value
>be literally an investor now

Why the fuck did All is Dust climb up so much anyway? Is Modern becoming even more of a Tron circlejerk?

>deliberately lose
>can't handle losing

You only ate that cake because you have no appetite!!???!!!

The Command Zone is decent and their EDH play videos are entertaining. Good editing, competent play, and a good mix of casual and competitive stuff gets used. They also don't take 2 hours to finish one round like Commander Versus.

Holy shit, I bought that thing for like $7 as a wipe for Slobad a while back

What the hell happened

Tron is still used consistently and keeps getting new pieces every odd set or so.

>can't handle a loss fairly
"waah you're out to kill me this'll teach you for playing aggro instead of a masturbatory combo circlejerk like me!!!!!!111"

Obviously, I'm wondering about the price spike of All is Dust though. And about the Memory Jar spike when we're talking about these.

>>deliberately lose
They were going to lose anyway so they acted like a spiteful bitch about it. A "tactical" scoop is in no way useful to the one doing it and it only makes it look like you're just being a sore loser who can't stand that he lost.

>muh commander
What kind of fucking idiot would allow that to happen? I get nuked for playing Kaalia. You should get nuked twice as hard if you're running Emrakul (or any eldrazi) as your general.

>not much to stop it
If it's in the 99, Sadistic Sacrament will exile it never to return. If you can board wipe before their combo goes off, it dies.

>muh spot removal StP
That is the stupidest fucking excuse. That's like bitching about how Progenitus can't be hit by StP.

And lets throw the cherry on the cake. The only card I can think of off the top of my head that would allow you to bounce Emrakul for multiple turns would be Cloudstone Curio. Which would require casting another creature in addition to Emrakul every "turn" in order to bounce Emrakul back to your hand. It could be an issue if Emrakul is the wincon for a blue deck, otherwise it's irrelevant as you would just need to counter the creature being summoned to trigger Cloudstone.

Now if there is another colorless card that will let you return stuff to your hand, I wouldn't mind knowing that. Could be useful for my Kaalia deck.

Fuck off.

"No."

Sounds pretty good.
I was looking at edhrec and that seems like one of the more common ways to build her

Ancestral Statue, but it's only one use.

>Now if there is another colorless card that will let you return stuff to your hand
Obelisk of Undoing. Costly, but that's the price for colorless.

The poison isn't in any way useful to the frog because it doesn't do anything unless the frog is going to be eaten anyway.

erratic portal

>muh frog analogy
You're using an out-of-game mechanic to screw the other player, which is just about the pettiest and most bitchy thing you can do in the format. End of.

>Not being excited about the crucible reprint in the core set they reintroduce within the next 18 years