SKYCOIN

This is the most ambitious crypto project I've ever seen, nothing can compare in that regard.

I'm going to try and educate you plebs about it. The infrastructure is made of 4 main things:

1. SKYCOIN: A coin that is technically superior to any alt there is. Transactions with zero fees that take approximately two seconds, unlimited transaction rate, no need for miners and block rewards, low power usage, ALL of the bitcoin's technical vulnerabilities fixed, a consensus mechanism superior to anything that exists, resistant to all conceivable threats (government censorship, community infighting, cyber/nuclear/conventional warfare, etc).

- Once coinjoin is implemented and the network is running over skywire, it will have a higher level of privacy than any other coin (more anonymous than zcash/monero and without the overhead). Wannabe drug lords should switch from monero/dash to skycoin after the CXO browser and skywire are available, because all of the ecosystem components are integrated with each other. You could have a decentralized silkroad on skywire and pay seamlessly with the same coin you use to pay for your utilities.

- Numerous peer reviewed whitepapers.

- Skycoin is being developed by legit engineering geniuses, for years (predating Bitcoin’s boom).

- Holding Skycoins generates income in the form of Coin Hours (like NEO’s GAS). There will be a marketplace where Coin Hours are traded and Coin Hours will be used for services within the Skycoin ecosystem.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbs.skycoin.net
youtube.com/watch?v=BuY5IbkkbXg
blog.skycoin.net/ask-the-developers/telegram-log---whitepapers-slavery-anarchy/
otc.skycoin.net/,
pastebin.com/iGc10jAv
c2cx.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2. SKYWIRE: A decentralized ISP where you earn coins for forwarding traffic/bandwidth (like Tor but faster, not backdoored by NSA and you are getting paid to run a node), that will give everyone nearly free internet access and will get a lot of users and actually be useful. Different networking protocol than TCP/IP, designed to be immune from literally all currently known network based attacks.

- Uses public keys instead of IP addresses, with all of the traffic encrypted by default, making man in the middle attacks impossible.
- Nodes forwarding the traffic can only see the previous and next hop, not origin or destination, making it extremely private.
- Latency is superior to TCP/IP because ISPs use hot potato routing, while Skywire doesnt.
- Speed is superior because bandwidth aggregation is possible, making it possible to share the unused bandwidth of your neighbours.
- Immune to ISP control tactics, such as throttling, censorship, outages, etc.
- Designed to be ran on skycoin's own open source hardware infrastructure.
- Works as an overlay over the current internet as of now, but will be completely independant as soon as the network backhaul is in place.
- Incentivized for the first 14 years, you get paid for running a node and transferring packets for the network.

[cont]

3. SKYLEDGER: A platform that’s their version of Ethereum’s ERC20, but with Ethereum's technical limitations fixed. Every coin is given their own blockchain and the platform runs on top of the skywire infrastructure. Coins have already started doing ICOs on skyledger (Solarbankers.com, SPACO, etc). About 30 coins lined up so far. There’s a programming language (CX) and it’s not limited to just "smart contracts". Developers of each chain can hardcode whatever they want to do. For example full video games could be embedded on the blockchain, if anyone would want that.

Ethereum is using javascript for front-end. Skycoin is using CX and CX is completely memory sandboxed and uses affordances to box applications and APIs in, so stuff like the parity hack can never happen in skycoin. Skycoin is using affordances and a genode style resource/permission system. So there's an easy way to write security policies - like "the frontend should not be able to access my coins unless something gave it permission to do so". Where as ethereum cannot enforce constraints like this, so they are just duck taping over the problems and hoping they go away.

Skycoin is designed to make these problems impossible through good architecture.

[cont]

What are the cons.

>inb4 none

>This is the most ambitious crypto project I've ever seen, nothing can compare in that regard.

What is XBY

4. Then there’s the massive ecosystem of stuff being built on top of the previous three things. Like the sky-messenger, the file sharing/dropbox functionality, distributed social media (sort of like Steemit but running on skycoin’s infrastructure and platform), DEX and OTC markets for the whole skyledger family. There’s about 15 development teams working on different projects within skycoin’s ecosystem. And unlike shitty erc20 tokens promising similar things, most of this stuff is already being developed, you can check the github to see the progress.

This is a twice-in-a-lifetime opportunity (The first opportunity was with Bitcoin's price rise). You need to hold these coins for a year or two, and not be greedy with day-trading. That is the most ultimate lesson I can ever teach you.

Basically if you choose ignore all of this, you're a fucking retard.

Realistically there's only two, one is their development is taking too long. Skywire will absolutely replace the old internet, but it may not happen during the time of this crypto bubble.
Second, their absolute lack of marketing. There's no ads or anything, the website is too technical, most of the info is on telegram rather than the website itself.

It's ridiculous how completely unknown this is at the moment.

bbs.skycoin.net
They want to replace Veeky Forums. I'm not sure how I should feel about that.

Could replace [s4s] right now

Thank you for the reply. I'll take a look into the tech; it certainly sounds ambitious--especially taking down the long established TCP/IP. If they don't market this what is their plan for normie adaption? Or are they still too early on the dev track to start effective mass marketing?

Furthermore, what is their competition (tech-wise) looking like? What keeps the dev team motivated to keep working

There's substratum, maid, and a couple of new competitors such as orchid project and frinwo.

Out of those only maid is technologically feasible, but their actual project launch timeline is something stupid like 8-10 years, and it's constantly pushed back.

Skycoin is far further in development than any of these coins.

>inb4 angry sub and maid bagholders calling me a retard, why don't you post your projects github page so we can compare

Aren't shill posts as blatant as this reportable?

Most of Veeky Forums is shill posts. I'm just shilling a coin based on fundamentals, rather than empty hype.

I'm in talks with the devs, they got some ridiculous bitconnect style marketing planned for drooling idiot masses. "MAKE MONEY WHILE YOU SLEEP SHARING YOUR INTERNET FREE MONEY FOR EVERYBODY" - type of videos already in production.

I don't know how well this is going to pan out, especially when the coin is pretty much unknown otherwise. We'll see.

Found a list of bitcoin's technical vulnerabilities that skycoin has fixed:

- elimination of the need for miners for network consensus through a new consensus algorithm
- elimination of dependence on the human element in the network operation
- duplicate coinbase outputs
- signature malleability
- reduction in complexity in implementation
- dozens of other small security related improvements
- elimination of external network dependencies that create security concerns
- 51% attack proof and strengthening against various cryptographic attacks
- simplified, more power data, transaction and wallet APIs
- brainwallet, deterministic wallets as default
- intrinsic support for gmaxwell CoinJoin transaction privacy protocol
- new networking protocols to enable the verification of the mathematical prerequisites for consensus network convergence
- separation of coin creation from consensus network, to eliminate Bitcoin's tendencies towards mining centralization
- directed bipartite TX/UTXO transaction graph structure which is more elegant and efficient than Bitcoin's multi-graph structure
- provably upper bounded network, RAM and CPU resource usage for network operation
- soft coded, adjustable blockchain size parameter to enable network transaction rate scaling
- rolling unspent output state error correction coding in the block header for early detection of software/hardware non-determinism
- blockchain/transaction/histrory storage database with constant time lookup, indexless operation for all major blockchain history queries
- etc

Skycoin is 51% attack proof and addresses many of the security issues in Bitcoin. Skycoin is designed to be a simpler, easier to use, more secure than any cryptocurrency there is.

somebody posted this interview in another sky shill thread
youtube.com/watch?v=BuY5IbkkbXg
around 40 minute mark
main dev is like alex jones tier redpilled

potential half truths still better than TO THE MOON posts

Lmao. Check out their telegram, his adderall fuelled rants on geopolitics are always fascinating to read.

Is the dev team on track to finish these milestones by EOTY? And on that note, when's the marketing blitz due to roll out? I don't want to tie up too much capital while every worthless shitcoin and its pisscoin brother is mooning. I do like the concept, but if this goes big it's def still in the stealth phase right now

Looking through telegram right now, going to paste some more:

>There is a corporate oligarchy; an oligarchy of money. And they are getting scared that the peasants are going to revolt. So they are trying to cause as much "Diversity" and internal conflict as possible. They want 2 foreign immigrants for every domestic person aged 18 per year. Then they want to cause all the groups to be fighting internally. To keep the oligarchy in power, keep the government weak ineffective and eliminate all checks on their power. They are infiltrating and purging the militaries and even switching to mercenary groups because they feel they have more control over them.

>They own the media and use the media to get sexual perverts (the more debased the better) into power as elected policians. So they can blackmail them and control them (and people without morals are easier to control).

>The authority of the governments and congress is at an all time low. EU legitimacy is falling like a rock. People are asking "Ok, these people rule over us and who choose them?", they are not even voted in, like previous scam. The rulers are just given to the public, by some shadowy group, who put in a goldman sachs banker to loot the country.

>I think there is going to be war in the streets and people killing each other and gangs running around seizing territory. Before end of twenty years.

>The state will die on its own, because of sheer corruption that will now be in the public's face. I am worried that the state will both be destroyed by its internal corruption and decentralization may however, prevent the development of anything like states or empire again. It will be gone, but with nothing to replace it.

[cont]

>The free masons, the british empire, the various groups built up the post world war II order and it has been peaceful and good all around, but the sociopaths, murders and pedophiles took over and they have taken over all the levers of power. They are on a death march for total control over the earth and its populations. They also want total control over everything the do not control yet. So the public is getting seized and rapidly losing freedom and going to wake up on day and find themselves living in something that resembles the soviet union and the most likely alternative is anarchy and multiple competing gangs fighting on the grounds who cannot dominate each other completely.

>When there is one gang who is firmly in power, you get left alone, have to pay taxes, but there is a sort of order. When there are three competing gangs, taxing and threatening you, it is disorder but freedom. There is no one with enough power to stop you from doing what you want, but if someone is stronger than you, they can just take your property.

>The idea that the SEC has any "authority" when it is run by a bunch of goldman saches lawyers (there to 'protect you'), and are the same people raping and looting the pension funds in Greece. The vultures are here to help you!

>Of course the EPA's Monsanto lawyers will protect you from being poisoned by Monsanto (ahahahah).

>Yes the comcast lawyer running the FCC is going to protect your "rights" by passing bills to enable comcast to price guage you and extort everyone like a mafia. "We are here to protect you! (you stupid fucks, now hand over all your money)".

[cont]

95% premined and held by devs.

Fuck off

>You have health insurance cartels, jacking everyone's rate up 30% per year, then getting laws passed making it mandatory to pay the cartel.

>People just assume that the period after WWII to the present, is just going to go on forever; but its not. Its ending. The new world may be better than the current one in regards to particular things, or it may be worse but its not going to be a utopia.

>At this point, it is just a bunch of economic cartels, looting the public. They are worried about a shift to popularism (power from people) or shift to military power (gang power and rule by force) or shift to religious power, away from the power of bribery, scammign and economic looting.

>Thirty years from now most of the world will be a different place.

This coin is like ancap wet dream.

As far as I know, the hardware skywire nodes are ready to ship. The Skywire itself will run on the testnet for the first couple of months, so it's not replacing the current internet immediately. The videos are due to roll out in the next two to three weeks.

go to website click on team
0 pictures of them together
ill pass

don't forget about the 95% premine held by them

go to twitter click on pitcures
0 pictures of team together
i'll pass

How does it fare against shor's?

skycoin investor here. unsure how they plan to replace ISP infrastructure, when building new competing infrastructure is still illegal almost everywhere in the US. i'm also not sure how they will overcome upcoming ISP whitelisting, but i like the idea.

blog.skycoin.net/ask-the-developers/telegram-log---whitepapers-slavery-anarchy/

here he goes again

The distribution is pretty straightforward. Out of max supply of 100m, 25m can be distributed immediately. There's some fixed amount to be distributed daily through otc.skycoin.net/, i'm not sure what it is, it's in the ballpark of a couple btc per day. The rest are in hardcoded timelock, they cannot be distributed until the first 25% have been. Once the first 25% have been distributed, an additional 5% is unlocked for distribution. For each after, an additional 5% is unlocked.

This gives a minimally 14 years distribution timeline. The coins aren't going to be sold, but going to be used to kickstart the skywire network - all nodes transferring traffic are going to be incentivized. It will be hardcoded as well, so there's no doubts where the coins are going.

They're early bitcoin people, they take their opsec very seriously. You won't find pictures of Satoshi Nakamoto either.

>tfw obese apathetic chronic masturbating fluorinated stupid fuck

Where and how to invest?

skycoin shills out in full force. you're just missing cute girls attached to your replies. sell all and get into monero btw

Sounds like a cool coin. Is it a privacy coin, though? If it was as private as monero, it sounds like a god tier coin. Privacy is probably one of the most cared about features of a coin currently and more so in the future.

Is it so easy to scam pepole kek

i read synth in telegram saying that the coinhour systems incentives zerocoin privacy levels. i'll try to find it because im illiterate and couldn't establish how truthful it was

Obligatory nice, just bought 100k

pastebin.com/iGc10jAv

synth is a huge cunt but really interesting. kinda like a young mcafee who got way too much money from bitcoin

I'm gonna write jokes and earn fucking money doing nothing with BZC faggot, what are you guys doing? Kek.

Everyone is too busy killing themselves right now to buy Skycoin.

Is 200 SKY enough to make it?

How high we going?

buying skycoin before this happened is one of the reasons im not stressing one bit.

The other reason is i sold all my btc ;)

i have 2.3k and I'm still planning on buying a skyminer

Is cryptopia the best place to buy this? It's only on like 2 exchanges.

Ok I'm going in on this

This nigga is gonna launch a satellite and give us our own internet if he gets enough marketcap

this is such a quintessentially american coin. i feel so fucking patriotic holding this.

wake up and rebuild. never give in to power.
btw are there any decentralized dark markets i can buy into?

With the low supply, SKY could explode once it hits exchanges. It's hard to get listed since it was written from scratch and not a plug and play ERC-20 token like 95% of the coins listed. Regardless, it's a medium to long term hold for the 2nd generation of cryptos. Most will die after the bubble and this will be one of the few still standing, like Amazon after the 2008 crash. Make some money on shit coins while you can, then jump on this train before it leaves the station.

>tfw you're already in multiple long term comfy holds but can't figure out how to make money on shitcoins

Sky in the UK will probably sue them over the name

is it good?

Bump to fuck the ISP Jews

This and Norton removed the sky wallet exe file.

c2cx.com/ is scam

They took my BTC dont allow me to withdraw, before passing verification.
Verification functions on webpages are broken, support no answer for 6 months.

I feel you bro. I recently took a small part of my stack to catch meme coin pumps and float me until my long term coins pop off. Otherwise I'll have to wage cuck until then. Just learn basic TA (read volume and trend lines), see what's popular, buy the dips and hold for 10-20% profit. Sell, rinse and repeat. You'll get fucked a few times but you'll get the hang of it. Market is too bullish to pass up.

What exchange lets you invest in this?

Shhhhh shut the fuck up I'm trying to accumulate!

How do you choose what to trade for the day?

Price on cryptopia right now is $14.88

mmm i like that number
craptopia not so much

they have 80 devs while most coins have 0

>Price on cryptopia right now is $14.88
That's it, I'm all in

I dont know. shill it to us

So where did you get your sky? I just registered but haven't moved anything into it.

> Skycoin is 51% attack proof and addresses many of the security issues in Bitcoin. Skycoin is designed to be a simpler, easier to use, more secure than any cryptocurrency there is.

ok but is it faster? it has to be a million times faster, dont give me some bullcrap about how it's doing 50 tx/s instead of just 8 tx/S

700 transactions a second, at least from what I remember from synth's interview

Skycoin is a scam. They were just charging $24.00 worth of BTC per SKY in their OTC while exchanges traded at $16. Price drops to $14.00 after hundreds buy the OTC price at $24.00 and they close the ICO and ban anyone on telegram who asks why they charge such a high premium for OTC coins.

why didn't people buy it on exchanges then?

nobody is selling, volume is shit

alright then. if someone is willing to pay a price for something that they don't need when they can get it elsewhere slightly less overpriced, that's on them. if it dumps, well that's crypto for ya.

Thanks op, just made a small investment

if it dumps accumulate. I got buys staggered from .0009 to .0007 sats

Where can I buy this

Where can I buy this

literally /ourguy/

FUCK YOU FOR ACCUMULATING THIS FOR SO LONG AND SITTING ON IT. I SPEND 6 HOURS A DAY READING Veeky Forums LOOKING FOR A GEM AND I FIND THIS AND IT'S ALREADY 100MM MARKET CAP.

NOW I HAVE TO DROP 100K USD TO BE ELITE SC.