Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

I love genestealer "girl" user, edition.

Previous thread:
Daily Dancan: youtube.com/watch?v=TkroHwQYpFE

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-ynnari/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/white-dwarf-preview/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

I live for the swarm!

>Astra Orrukz

I'm sorry if i'm being stupid but i just can't find an explanation to this. What does the Strength value of +2 mean for the tazer goad on the infiltrator? That they would on a 2+? I'm fresh into warhammer and i have no clue what the hell +2 is supposed to mean.

So, with the new rules making it half useful.

Plasma pistol and power fist on an aspiring champion, good idea?

>I love genestealer "girl" user
turboslut is love, turboslut is life

It means you add 2 to their strength of a 4 when fighting in close combat so when they attack in CC they are effectively S6.

Strength of the model +2, so S6

Plas pistol on anything is acceptable now

Fist if fighting within the presense of a Dark Apostle

>I love genestealer "girl" user, edition.
No quotes needed, she's definitely a girl

reposting list.
Now with detachments.

Damnit. I missed something good didn't i?

>has a dick
>definitely a girl
How many layers of social justice are you on, user?

Sauce

She doesn't have a dick, dude. I understand if you're into traps but you don't need to project that fetish onto every single camwhore. There's a slaaneshi trap user who posts in the generals if that's you're thing. GSCB is an androgynous chick.

>Constant grass-is-greener syndrome

why live lads

Is it odd if you never had a lot of Boyz in the previous editions and don't feel extremely compelled to get anymore in the current edition?

Well Orks are greenest, so do those.

TRIPS
OF
TRUTH

10 man squad in a rhino
melta
plasma pistol
champion with plasma pistol and fist

Their job is to smash up but targets. I guess a plasma pistol and lightning claw could be better?

I was in the same thread you were bud, "she" didn't post a single picture that proved she was a biological female. But by all means, keep jerking it to random dudes on the internet. You're not hurting anyone

But I don't wanna play a horde army. Especially not one as hard to paint as Orks.

GUYS, I NEED TO KNOW

What army does cheeta user play?!

You did, but it was weeks ago now. It just keeps resonating through the thread until present day because partially it really was that good and partially because we really are that thirsty.

I think they might be mixing it up with the Slaaneshi Cultist "girl"

Let's talk good changes:

>flash gitz get 4+ saves
>conscripts can't get issued orders, possibly suffer more penalties when using commissar
>Rangers should get -1AP and maybe some pseudo-sniper stuff (can target character?)
>enginseers should repair all imperial vehicles
>Ruststalkers oughta get some AP or some shit, throw them a bone
>make most PAGK 2 attacks, at least the fucking purifiers
>hilariously (fuck you 90% of chaosfags) make obliterators like they were (pick a gun, powerfist)
>it wouldn't hurt to give assault cannons rend (6 gets AP-4) again
>give khorne more weapons to choose from
>take away 4++ on brimstone horrors
>throw beasts of nurgle an AP-1 bone too

And as an idea I personally like, some ex-blast guns (demolisher cannons, battle cannons and the like) should remain D3/6 for shots buuuuut hit automatically after that. Can't be shot in overwatch probably though.

You lads got any ideas? Imo these all seem like solid changes

Can we not turn this thread into jacking off wannabe e-celebs?

None because he's a shitposting poorfag.

your army can't be good at everything... unless you're part of the imperium in which case you can take anything you want.

Put those 'Nobz in a 'naught and find a good scheme.

I have 60 boyz, I don't plan on getting anymore.

I enjoy Kult of Speed more. So if I'm taking boyz they're going to be in trukks or battlewagons.

Be honest.

Any space marine players thinking of adding 500 points of conscripts just to act as meat shields?

Marines Malevolent posters, you get on this strategy or I don't truly believe that you believe in your own shitposting.

If you paint them as Black Templars it's even flavorful!

Oh, I thought the whore had finally done as she said she would and posted nudes after seeing the leaks.

Will genestealer girl be added to OP's pic?

Piggybacking off this user's post, is there a "right" way to build Infiltrators and Ruststalkers in 8th?

What do the Eldar aspect warriors look like in the new edition?

I remember howling banshees were shit in 6E and 7E but that was only because they couldn't assault out of vehicles which has been fixed.

Biovores cannot fire overwatch but do not need vision of the target to shoot (seriously they're fucking broken on overwatch).

Added to the airborne ability: Cannot be targeted by shooting weapons with a range of 12" or less.

thinking of it, would work well with salamanders.

No not really, why would I tarnish my army with unwashed hordes?

No, that's gay.

The only army beside AM I'd be cool with using conscripts is well-converted Admech, and it's gotta be damn well done. Or they just spend 500 dollarydoos on tech-thralls.

Though I think conscripts kinda suck in bigger games, a lone knight and some snipers can plink off the characters and then morale-away the rest

Not to my knowledge. I'm pretty sure if that went down at some point, it wouldn't go unnoticed.
Would not mind seeing more of the other one too.

Almost universally shit. Banshee didn't get better either.

I'm still hoping Grotnaut is canon.

Also, anyone know if pirate Orks have a lot of walkers?

I remember reading that among the various individuals one can find in a Freeboota warband, Big Meks and Pain Boyz obsessed solely with creating Deff Dreads can be found, along with Boyz who follow Khorne and various other oddities.

Ooooh, I like that airborne change. It'd certainly cut down on a lot of silly shit like flamers and grenades

I refuse to believe Phil Kelly would allow this.

>tfw no good art about female hybrids

It's actually way harder than you think.
Even if you do kill the commissars, which is also hard.
Conscripts were buffed in almost every way possible.

Considering the powerfist isn't "free" anymore, it's actually a good thing they lost it.
It would just be an extra 20ppm on an already expensive unit.

How about this.
>increase their cost to 85ppm
>fleshmetal guns are assault d6 S4+d6 AP-d6 Dd6
>roll four dice and assign one to each of the above stats

I had an idea of making a Magus conversion that was a genestealer hybrid loli based on the psychic girl from Stranger Things

>the list building website only has Ultramarine characters available
What the fuck?

>Added to the airborne ability: Cannot be targeted by shooting weapons with a range of 12" or less.
Alternative: all weapon subtract 6" to their range when targeting airborne models.

oh lord that is hideous.

It's still being updated for 8th ed. Most ARMIES aren't even on it yet.

>any one of them will let you fuck and impregnate them
>but they'll give you space aids
Will Slaanesh save me from my bad choices if I do it?

So flamers and grappling tongues and tentacles and pistols can still shoot them? Nah, the 12" restriction is better.

>Chosen champion can take items from the combi weapons list
>up to four more chosen can take items from the combi weapons list
>Combi bolters cost 2pts, bringing the grand total for 5 of them to 90 pts,or 170 with 5 more goons stock
>At 12 inches they can fire between 40-60 shots, depending on how many you take

Is there ever a reason to do this? I guess a couple of MSUs running around could be fun

God(s) I hope Iron Warriors get some sort of volume of fire buff to their small arms shooting to make dakka vomit real

Wrong got to pray

Fucking genestealers doesn't give you space AIDS. If you get infected with the Genestealer virus you become stronger, faster, healthier and more attractive. Literally canon.

>short range weapons can still hit.
>requires mid game calculation, instead of simple yes/no
>fucks over intended AA weapons too by making it hard for them to get a shot off at the airplane turn one.

Like that one man with Ebola?

Only if they are basically undeneath.

On the other hand every weapon loses some range due to the altitude, increasing durability.

He didn't, banshees are kickass. I'm happy because shining spears are insanely awesome, and the other aspect warriors are good as well.

>Dire Avengers still a come-all workhorse
>banshees are the shit at killing light infantry and stopping CQC units
>scorpions are awesome at hunting GEQs and piling tons of wounds out of nowhere
>Fire Dragons are still the best suicide bombers this side of Iraq
>swooping hawks earn the same as 7th, a resounding 'meh'
>Warp Spiders are good. No longer totally broken, but good.
>spears are fuuuckong aweeeesommmme uuuuhb muuuh diiiikck yaaaass kill MCs and shit slaaaaayy
>reapers are still everyone's favorite 'delet this' button
>And who cares about planedudes.

They're waaay awesome, especially with transports. I'm so happy to start a non-Waac Jetbikes army

AA would be unaffected.
How hard is to subtract 6 from a number?

do it

Well, wait.

Are... are we sure that was Ebola?

>mfw I built an 1-per units (2 the avengers) aspect army in 7th
>need couple of transports more and is done

>Conscripts were buffed in almost every way possible.

Are conscripts the best unit in the game?

That's unnecessary.

Swooping hawks used to alright with their big blast grenades.

Lynch's Dune was atrocity, but Alia is love.

Yes, currently

Ork Pirates can have whatever you want. Pirates don't have rules, idiot.

I'd be okay with that.

I just liked the idea of picking a gun each turn based off of needs, I see no issue with giving them:

>Autocannon
>heavy flamer
>missile launcher
>multimelta
>lascannon

And letting them choose one each turn. That way they've got variable usage and can present a threat in, say, overwatch with flamers. I dunno, I just like obliterators in particular, and I hate IW

If you stack buffs, they're the most cost effective unit in the game.

A 'buff block' putting out 400 shots for 350 points, that's more shots than points.

How do I politely tell my friend his army is fucking trash?
He refuses to diversify his troops. He "doesn't believe" in fast attack, and thinks elites always have superiority to heavy assault. Hes getting his ass beat and I feel bad but he won't listen to any reasonable suggestions I give him.

The idea of the four d6 is to make them random but flexible.
Put the highest number dice in the stat you need, strength for high toughness things, ap for 2+ saves or shots for hordes and so on and so forth.

And then one day you make roll a jackpot and get 6 s10 ap-6 d6 shots and blow a titan away.

Also can be buffed to 1A per point with straken + priest

>Pirates don't have rules,

Corsairs do, and they seem kind of limited in what they could take the last time I looked.

Kind of odd really.

I think Ynnari actually make better Corsairs than actual Corsairs did.

What army.

Question about the new Quantum Shielding, does it work against Mortal Wounds? The wording on QS says "Each time this models suffer an unsaved wound", does a Mortal Wound count as an unsaved wound, or an unsaveable wound? Just want some opinions on this.

Gonna put Vulkan in a land raider redeemer with some company vets for maximum buff usage

I'd like to see what Forge World does with Corsairs now.

Is it explicitly a save? If not, it's a replacement effect like FnP, and will effect any wound.

AM. I play CSM.

I mean, does he care that he's getting his was beat? If he's having fun with his garbage army then good for him.

>tfw every army you wanna play is either too hard to paint or too expensive to collect

I have 1000pts of Thousand Sons but there's no real changing up with them.

How much influence does Ordo Malleus have on The Grey Knights? Obviously, GK's are their Chamber Militant, but they're also a SM Chapter, so they must have a level of autonomy. How much pull does someone like Hector Rex have over their Chapter Master? Where would he rank in the command structure, what is the highest rank that has to submit to his authority, etc.

Admech or IG?

Going modify most if not all of this.

>Dire avengers
got a massive point increase. Might still be good, but that point cost.
>banshees
actually changed a lot. Now fragile to overwatch again, but 8" move and assaulting out of serpent means they get up faster/safer.
Even better at responding to and blunting enemy charges rather than moving ahead of the army for the initial strike. Always striking first and -1 to hit.
>scorps
I've got a lot to say about them moving on.
>Fire Dragons
Less able to just auto explode any vehicle, but much better generalist.
>swooping hawks.
auto enter turn 1, which is big, and now get an additional shot at 12" range.
Also, sunrifle got a massive buff by changing of rules.
>spears.
agree.
>reapers
Changes are subtlier but neat. No longer remove all MEQ saves, but extra damage and AP rule makes them better against bikes and termies.
Split fire and new tempest laucher seem sweat.
Much better at antiflier.
Will still sit in ruins, but now for 2+ save rather cover save.

>plane dude.
much worse at anti-flier. Exarch running starcannon seems cool.

>I'd like to see what Forge World does with Corsairs now.

What was ideal about Corsairs before?

I know the Dred Mob has walkers, the Siege Vanguard had dreadnoughts and centurions, but what did the Corsairs list have that made them unique?

Alright so I have about 500$ prepped to start a Chaos Daemons army. What's a good way to start? I'm primarily focusing on Khorne and Nurgle and was thinking of just loading up with 4 or so SC sets and then a Bloodthirster or Unclean One. Is there a better way to start or do the SC kits come with some useless shit I wouldn't need?

That's not how obliterators work user. You're thinking of the Ork gun.

>Rangers should get -1AP and maybe some pseudo-sniper stuff (can target character?)
Maybe can target characters at -1 to hit? Would also make ironstriders good again.
>it wouldn't hurt to give assault cannons rend (6 gets AP-4) again
God, no. Miniguns shouldn't be anti-tank weapons and we really don't need rending at all, since what it did (get around the all-or-nothing nature of AP) is covered by the new AP system.

I would add:
Fix blitza bommer and burna bomma so that the burna is actually better against infantry. Probably by changing boom bomb to max out at 5-6 dice (but maybe get the same bonus against monsters as vehicles) and removing the cap on the burna bomb (also nerfs hordes a little). Remove text from burna bomb about infantry; it shouldn't be worse against swarms, cavalry, etc.
Traktor kannon should have better chance of grabbing things with FLY. It's out-performed as an anti-air gun by KMK at the moment.
Skorcha wartrakks should have the explode rule (or better yet, fiery demise like the burna bomma).
'eadbanger shouldn't be restricted to closest unit. Neither should smite, probably.
Eldar rangers need a serious buff. Heavy 2 guns maybe?
Make rolls of 6 to hit automatically succeed despite modifiers.

They had quite a few unique units. Tons of special weapons per squad, everyone had a jet pack. They were also bar none the most maneuverable army in the game.

The army is definitely important. For some factions, fast-attack isn't really necessary. For some factions, elite choices ARE better than heavy-support.

Can you further explain what you mean when you say 'diversify troops choices'?

I would say that you should try to give friendly advice. Ask them what problems they believe they face and present possible solutions. It's easier to guide someone than to completely change their course.

Why is it important that your friend changes the way they play? If they lose a lot and are OK with that, then that's on them. Are they the type of person who prefers fluffy lists to ones that perform optimally? Are they new to to the game and still learning?

many AA guns are 48", some are 36".
That means they reach across the table to your backline where the flier will deploy.
Now their 42" inches, which means you need to deploy to the front of your deployment zone, ie are vulnerable. or 32" ie won't be able to shoot first turn.

>how hard
it's not an issue of hard, it's an issue of having to do it every time. It a minor annoyance, but a persistent one. Like Thac0.
Also like Thac0, there are other options that are better, so the minor annoyance feels big because it's not coming with a payoff.

No it doesn't. The way quantum shielding works is you have to roll lower than the amount of damage inflicted by the Wound, Mortal Wounds inflict 1 damage each and are resolved 1 at a time, not in bulk, so QS will never be able to affect them.

IG.
He always bitches that im breaking some sort of rules when our power ratings are either comparable or hes got more. I spend half the time proving basic rules, because he cant warhammer.

Mostly a whole lot of jetpacks. From their basic Corsairs with wings to a Jump-Jet War Wasp. That kind of movement would be significantly easier in 8e.