>Metagame thoughts
>thoughts on the recent tournaments

Decklists:
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO

Primers:
>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Weekly Modern Metagame:
Use the other resources since mainphase has removed their tier list for no reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

deckstats.net/decks/58005/736368-r-g-ponza/en
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shock-pox/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/one-mans-ornithopter/
youtube.com/watch?v=Cc8SAa-5XCE
youtube.com/watch?v=HC7_qPCflnY
youtube.com/watch?v=zIw-2rjoLnY
youtube.com/watch?v=WvPjJdqbSc8
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6hL6fkJ1_k
youtube.com/watch?v=YXpc1M-Hm3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=tLUj-TLBYm4
youtube.com/watch?v=4joMcCc1jno
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-06-17-bQQ-uw-control/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>chandra tapping to the left
dumb cunt

Playing loam pox/nonblue control. It is pretty well positioned but loses to eldrazi without ensnaring bridge.

Not hating anyone, just tuning the deck to adjust to the meta.

Smallpox and life from the loam are so underrated.

She's a rebel yo.

>playing
swapping between burn, living end, dredge
>hating
stubborn denial.dek
>brewing
??? kek
>Metagame thoughts
overrated as fuck
>thoughts on the recent tournaments
:^)

do you have a specific list? I've been looking at a couple w/b pox control lists and they seem underwhelming compared to eldrazi tron

It's my time to shine this Tuesday.
Hope you got your copies ready

>street wraith ban
>pestermite ban
>twin unban
What happens to modern?

>ban nothing
>unban everything
modern is now fixed

>blazing innfect
oh hell fucking no

I think you should be more worried about clampfinity, clampelves, and delver (ft. Young Peezy and his bling ass clamp)

>blazing infect
>not cruise delver with MM and pezzy + clamp
Play some NBL senpai

vs clamp you can atleast bring hate.

Blazing Infect is basicaly
>do you have double 1 mana removal or removal+counter spell?
>if not mull your hand else die t2

Then why does infect always get pooped on by the aforementioned decks at NBL events?

The last NBL event I went to I played junk midrange with stoneforge to tutor skullclamp/jitte and lingering souls to abuse the clamp. My vigorous discard and removal just crawled up infect's asshole and set up a camp site and beat them down

I like the newest snapcaster mage art the most. What are the chances it'll be the most affordable, relative to the others, in maybe two years time?

>playing
Mono red burn
>hating
My job
>brewing
R/G Ponza
>meta
Locally im pretty happy. We have hatebears, eldrazi tron, Jund, Abzan, Deaths shadow, U/W control, And one guy who plays a homebrew hes been tuning for 15 years that is actually decent.

Thoughts on my decklist?

deckstats.net/decks/58005/736368-r-g-ponza/en

Because Blazing Infect is not just normal Infect.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shock-pox/

This list is 95% accurate to what I am playing. It holds its own against just about every popular deck. You are correct about eldrazi tron, it's a tough matchup for loam pox. But you can land ensnaring bridge and you pretty much win then. I play buried ruin in the board when I need more bridges or engineered explosives.

>Young Peezy
Kenneth, when did you start browsing these threads?

I hate Ponza with a fucking passion, but I like the list.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/one-mans-ornithopter/

This is a budget list I put together for a friend, which is why doesn't have tarns and shit, I want some thoughts on it. Maybe suggest some improvements?

been trying out ensnaring bridge in burn sb, seems to be my favorite tech in the deck rn

LEAKED BANLIST FROM INSIDERS

BANNED

Vizier of Remedies
Street Wraith

UNBANNED

Stoneforge mystic

sauce?

It seems believable desu

Why pestermite? Is it so there are more cute sideboard plans against twin exarch like soul warden or something?

Tryin to nip living end in the bud? Guess I agree that modern is more fun when you don't have too many matchups like that that revolve around rest in peace

I'm not really a fan of Stoneforge batterskull, idk if it's broken, but it's really boring and unflavorful. She's supposed to tutor swords and armor and stuff, not horrifying Phyrexian monsters

street wraith is one of the key cards in the death shadow decks. it fills the grave for delve and loses you life to pump ds

Why do you hate ponza?

Having my lands destroyed is unfun to me, but that's just a gripe.

As a way to ensure twin doesn't become too dominant.

There aren't really that many cards you can ban from death shadow without killing at least one archetype.

If your deck was a song, what would it be?

>preemptive bannings
I wonder if the DCI would be crazy enough to do that.

>If your deck was a song, what would it be?
Reckoner Skred

youtube.com/watch?v=Cc8SAa-5XCE

Dont believe that. Theyd have to ban batterskull as well

I would not mind seeing Vizier leave the format. I don't think it's particularly busted but man is it boring.

theres enough artifact hate for bs, and with white underpowered right now I think it'll be good for the format (push up those junk / wu control lists)

I don't think Stubborn Denial is broken, but I do think it's pushing it.

God would this make me happy to see sfm come off, but damn is this not real

I have 4 of these now, which deck should I build?

Mono Blue control and throw your FP's in the garbage, clearly

I'll give you a blue eyes white dragon for them

Abzan Cats

> How long have you played modern?

> What decks have you played?

> What was/is your favorite deck?

> What do you wish was good?

>> How long have you played modern?
As long as it has been around.

>> What decks have you played?
Junk and Jund, Turns, Goryeoshoal, Delver, Affinity, Dredge, both pre and post ban.

>> What was/is your favorite deck?
Junk, easily, almost always been, I love the deck.

>> What do you wish was good?
Shops, I wish there was a shops archetype that was good.

mono black rats

Faeries

Sun and Moon
youtube.com/watch?v=HC7_qPCflnY (against creature decks)
youtube.com/watch?v=zIw-2rjoLnY
youtube.com/watch?v=WvPjJdqbSc8 (Nahiri ultimate)

Esper Mill
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6hL6fkJ1_k

Esper Spirits
youtube.com/watch?v=YXpc1M-Hm3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=tLUj-TLBYm4
youtube.com/watch?v=4joMcCc1jno

>I've watched since 2015, and played since the end of 2016 after I stopped being stingy.

>Above plus Ad Nauseam, Bant Spirits, and Merfolk.

>I like Bant Spirits more, but went Esper because I'm too much of a snowflake to play the netdecker's (better) version.

>I wish Mill didn't suck as hard, but I also don't want it to be too good. I also want to create a Fevered Vision/Ebony Owl deck with Kefnet, and maybe Tutelage because muh mill, but it seems too weak.

Has anyone had experience with Cloudstone Leap Elf decks?
I have a shell of one but I'm not sure if it's worth investing in it more.

>How long have you played modern
Started playing modern in 2014

>decks have you played
I play Lantern, Burn and Bant decks (spirits, Knightfall etc) but I've played just about everything due to xmage.

>favorite deck
Lantern with Knightfall coming in at a close second.

>what do you wish was good
Tezzerator would be dank if it got a little more of a power boost.

>Playing
G/W Tron, Revolt Zoo
>Hating
The KCI combo players at my lgs who try to go off and act like they have you dead when their math is beyond bullshit (they just hope you don't pay attentio)
>Brewing
U/W control want opinions on how /tg views this deck right now

Lantern makes me sick

Man whats the point of playing solitaire if you just add mana

It's like adding a Jack to a pile and pretending everything's okay... truly bad form. (undo button is okay in casualmode though)

He probably runs a dirty netdeck list that some pro ran using slightly suboptimal cards, too.

2OF RETRIEVER BROS WW@

Babbies who can't handle Lantern make me sick

I don't mind it especially since I'm you worst match up :)

Here is the U/W control list: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-06-17-bQQ-uw-control/
Would love feedback

You tap to the right?
I use my right hand to tap, and generally turn the card left. Is that uncommon?

Do tell.

Quite high. Older variants of cards are typically more expensive just by nature of age, however the new art /was/ in a limited print run set.

It is almost three years now
Ad Nauseam, Affinity, Merfolk, Grixis Delver, Dredge, Revolt Zoo, Grixis Shadow
Decks that I played: Delver and Shadow
Decks that I wanted to build but fortunatetly didn't: Amulet Titan and Twin.
Grixis control being a very control and not a greenless BGx.
Also Twin.

since DRS was banned
The Ajani side of the Ajani vs Nicol Bolas Duel Deck (funny enough I went 2-1 beating Tron, UWR control, but losing to Infect)
Pre-cruise delver
Splinter Twin
Grixis Twin
G/w 8 thalias zoo
Hatebears
Grixis Death's Shadow
Mono-blue Tempo
Mono-blue control
Jetski Ascendency Combo
b/r Goblin
Bant Knightfall
4 color company
Mono-black Rats
B/w Rat combo
Mono-black devotion after rotation
Mono-black rats or Mono-blue tempo
Mono-blue tempo, the git probe ban made Thing in the Ice unplayable ruining the deck.

It's called tron

No it's actually called burn tronbabby.

Though Tron is a substantially harder match up for you than most other decks in the format. Don't get all high and mighty

>How long have you played modern?
Started during 2012 when everything was dirt cheap then stopped in 2014 and sold most of my collection. Getting back into it again but shit is expensive af

>What decks have you played?
UR Ascension Storm, Splinter Twin, UWR Control, RG Aggro, Jund, and now I'm making Dredge.

>What was/is your favorite deck?
Splinter Twin

>What do you wish was good?
Aetherworks Marvel

>play the deck that you know the best

what is it Veeky Forums?

Affinity player here. How do I play against stony silence? I usually board out some number of platings and overseers because they become pretty much useless if it hits the board. I always board in etched champions because they will be online in despite of stony silence but I dont know whether I should try to keep them from playing it with things like spell pierce and thoughtseize or if I should play wear and tear to destroy it after it hits the board.

All of those are valid answers, and I like to use Masters if I can as well. If I had to choose between Wear and Tear, Thoughtseize, and Spell Pierce I'd go with Thoughtseize followed by Wear and Tear. Two Thoughtseizes in the side, and one to two Wear and Tears sounds good to me.

You take your easy win game one and fold to it post board like you're decks supposed to

As a general rule I prefer to never answer their hate with answers for their hate. I feel like you're doing the right thing by just bypassing their hate using Masters of Etherium or Etched Champions.

They're the ones playing a dead card, answer it by being proactive not by playing dead cards of your own. To that end, Ghirapur Æther Grid is my favorite "answer" to Stony Silence.

I'll second this post, this is a good answer even though it's not to my personal preferences.

NEVER board out payoffs, the odds of your opponent having Stony in time (with other relevant action so they don't die to manland/skirge/pest beats) are severely lower than not. Your best bet is a playset of Etched Champion and Blasts for reach, Thoughtseize and Spell Pierce are also fine (shave a Memnite and a land on the draw/a drum on the play) but not 100% reliable for obvious reasons.
Grid is also an option, even though the card is worse nowadays unless you play the mirror a lot.

Fuck off cunt

Since the beginning.
Pod (Melira and Kiki), Twin, Delver, Affinity, D&T, Burn, Bant Midrange (Swords and Blouses), Bogles, URw Midrange, Esper Gifts, Knightfall, Domain Zoo, Troll Worship
Currently on Knightfall, because old-school Bant was my favorite.
Gifts_Piles.dec

it would be deceiver exarch, not pestermite. exarch dodges bolt, which is a no-no.

splinter twin is never getting unbanned though, so rev up those stubborn denials and play the best deck so i can farm you with 'my creatures are also interactive spells'.dek

What should I board out against a deck like abzan or jund? I usually board in 2 blood moons, 2 etched champions for either plus 2 thoughtseize against abzan

Junk Nic Fit in legacy, DSJ and Abzan Junk in modern.

~4 years
uwr geist midrange
uwr kiki
ur treasure cruise delver
grixis delver
ur/grixis twin
rw czech twin
rwb gobbogeddon
wr death & taxes
death & taxes
wb eldrazi taxes
uw death & taxes
wr death & taxes (again)

in that order

gobbogeddon, of course. curving out with that deck was retarded. t1 land, t2 flagstones, cast boom, t3 crucible, t4 wrath, t5 darkdwellers f/b bust
no preference

I wish the Hatebear/ Death n Taxes archetypes was more playable. I love the flavor of the cards in those decks. If only vryn wingmare and thalia 2.0 were 2 drops instead of 3. I wish we also had another search hater at 2 mana.

Isnt Eldrazi and Taxes really decent?

plenty playable. harsh mentor and tunnel ignus are both two drops that hate on fetchlands, though mentor is a better maindeck piece and ignus would be something you bring into a valakut meta.
you can play these kinds of decks well with knowledge of the format. sometimes you play arbiter on two. sometimes you jam spirit first. sometimes you want to run out thalia into grixis mana to ensure a tapout on their turn 2 so you can sneak in a magus of the moon on turn 3. it's all subjective.

Boros hatebears is a meme though

Don't play more than 1 Moon and don't bring it in vs Jund, manland beats>not even necessarily shutting off colors. My sideboarding vs Jund was something like -2 Master +2 Champ -1 Basic -1 Memnite or Blast +2 answers to answers, depending on what was in the board for the week. Vs Abzan keep all 3drops and basic in and shave some Overseers and Memnites, something like +1 Grid +2 Champion +1-2 answer -1 or 2 Overseer -1 Memnite -1 and/or 2 Drum/Blast

Since new zendikar

Burn, tooth and nail, mono green devotion, bant devotion, knightfall

Tooth and nail is the most fun, devotion a close second

Tooth and nail

>The Ajani side of the Ajani vs Nicol Bolas Duel Deck (funny enough I went 2-1 beating Tron, UWR control, but losing to Infect)

Wanna know how I know you're lying?

I see that unbanning Stoneforge is kinda safe now that we have Fatal push (it also kills the germ token) but a similar unban should left at least the other decks without changes.
I mean if you unban Stoneforge and ban Wraith then you have a huge shift in the meta again, and it is a no-sense. I would see her unbanning as a response to shake up the format.
But in the end, am I the only one who predicts a no-changes?

no, I think no changes is the most likely outcome given that wotc typically uses GP results and the past modern GPs were much more diverse than the latest SCG result.

The Vizier combo though I think is 50/50 on banning, since it probably wasn't intended and relatively consistent

Probably no changes. Some other people were talking about how Wizards probably moved the ban day to make way for all the new announcements.

No. I think SFM would be totally safe, but I doubt there will be any changes.

Why does Lili look so uncomfortable?

Chandra's playing burn.

Chandra isn't wearing pantsu

Since 2011.

Ad Naus, Affinity, Amulet Bloom, Bant Spirits, Bogles, Breach Titan, Death's Shadow (Jund), Delver (w/Cruise), Dredge, Eldrazi (various), Elves, Infect, Instant Rean, Jund, Junk, Kiki-chord, Merfolk, Nahiri, Pod, RDW, Scapeshift, Skred, Storm, Swans, Tron, Twin, Zoo.

UWR Delver with Cruise, Affinity.

Belcher.

>Belcher
i know that feel, How many lands are you running?

I've never ran it since it's garbage.

say that to my face and not online, see what happens

It's reality. Deal with it.

someone sounds salty. get belched out 'cause you didn't draw any discard jund baby?

No, because I had FoW in hand and you'd have to be mentally retarded to play belcher in modern.
You're pretty retarded to play it in legacy too but eh

I've never played against Belcher (in Modern). My meta is pretty scrubby, but not that scrubby.

Newbie question: what is a delver deck and what is a dredge deck? (Google gives lots of deck builds but not a lot of explanations)