Post god-tier Space Marine colour schemes

Post god-tier Space Marine colour schemes

Fluff or background aside, which chapters just look aesthetic as fuck?

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

flickr.com/photos/137084508@N08/sets/72157659376720879/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I picked SoM for the color scheme and regret nothing.

Aesthetic as fuck, you say?

Is that a reffy?

>posting the worst colors before now
>posting the worst colors after this

>not posting the colors of the emperor's own house

Really dig that scheme. How is the lore?

Sanguinius Model Confirmed?

>marines

I love this scheme, and would totally use it if their lore wasn't basically
>You think Ultramarines are codex-compliant? They got nothing on us.
>You think Black Templars hate Xenos and Mutants? They got nothing on us.
>We're obviously Nazis.

Maybe I can use a Primaris company as an excuse to make a "my dudes" version. Would be pretty awesome to be able to use the Culln Leviathan.

>You have gained Brouzouf.

They're loyal EC, you should expect them to be pompous.

Iron hands successor chapter.

AdMech schism happened during the Age of Apostasy, and the Iron Hands and successors had their own disagreement. They agreed that they'd just have a temporary solution by kicking all the ones who believed in the Moirae Doctrine a doctrine that believes that you can read the future in the fluctuations of the astronomicon, and it read that the Ecclesiarchy and AdMech will fall and their peoples will merge into a weird chimeric machine/faith cult were formed into their own group.

They had enough marines to form three full companies out of it, and the High Lords declared them a canonized Chapter, to which Iron Hands and other protested because it was an unorthodox way to make a Chapter. Still, they had to relent against the word of Terra, and the Sons of Medusa are a thing. They are distrusted because it's said they like to fight other Space Marines to steal their stuff, as a little of that happened during the Badab War.

It's still unknown what they are. For the potency of their geneseed, they could be Sons of Horus loyalists.

Out of all the maybe traitor successors out there, Red Scorpions have the least on them, save the vague suggestion that they are descended from traitors.

Black with gold trim is fucking patrician.

I'm painting my Primaris as Golden Halos for this reason.

Search your feelings you know it to be true

Wolf pelt overdose aside, you must admit that the icy blue grey color looks fantastic, if not a pain to do.

Carcharodon's Maori influence is sorely under utilized by painters.

Kek

Black Primaris look GOAT

Less is more. Look at their official artwork, they only have two, three tattoos at max, and they're always faint black on grey and one of them is always a tiny eyebrow one.

That looks amazing.

People don't complain when the woof woofs are head to toe in weirdly incorrect Gaelic tattoos.

Just my personal tastes I guess. I love Maori symbols and tattoos, official artwork doesn't use them enough either.

I get that sharks are white and charcharadons are black eyes and super pale and that's cool and I love it, but it kinda make me sad that you don't see a charcharadons captain take off that helmet and have King Kamehmeha looking at you.

That would have to be a totally different chapter though. What would a Hawaiian space marine chapter even do?

Samoans are almost space marines already.

Damn son thanks for the great summery. They sound pretty tight.
Thank you as well kind user.

Please don't justify burying a model in excessive shit when you regularly complain about Space Wolves being buried in excessive shit.

he would be too tatt'd up to look like that.
sure, they'd be big brown buggers. but the moko changes everything.

Word Bearers are covered in their scripture stuff, so there's precedence for mass armor panel decoration.

This.

Also, it's a little generic but I love the Red Talons. Actually, all of the Pentarchy of Blood chapters are good.

>You think Black Templars hate Xenos and Mutants? They got nothing on us.
The Red Scorpions are just picking up the slack now that Black Templars are pussies who tolerate Eldar filth as allies.

astartes don't get the opportunity to surf.
now moko up.

>Salamanders
>fire and lava and volcano themes
>dark skin

Hawaiin legion company confirmed

Sail through the outer reaches of the galaxy in catamaran battle barges, defending the far flung outposts of the empire and getting into all sorts of high jinx with aliens and rogue traders. That and eat poi.

>ITS RAINING BROZOUF
>ALLELUYAH
>ITS RAINING BROZOUF
>AMEN

Forgot my image.

A less drow and more dark skin take on Salamanders with tattoos and sharkteeth swords would be pretty badass.

It'd be easy to justify in the fluff too, maybe a third or fourth founding tried to remove some of the impurities of the Salamanders and they look like normal humans but still like hanging around volcanoes.

Imagine a feral world which is NOTHING but active volcano chains in a giant ocean with constant battle for control of islands. It'd be a good chapter homeworld.

Let us just ditch the primaris thing all together and just call them marines, because they are meant to be, retire all of the old sculpts.

Mantis Warriors have a great scheme. In fact most of the Badab War chapters are great for that.

They obviously did the market research and found they could make more money like this. Which sucks ass, because it makes the stuntie marines look even more ridiculous.

>not having a bionic leg on the model
>not having Japanese themed rival chapter complete with bamboo hat

If you look at the new chaos releases they're just going to make everything larger anyway. The plaguemarines in the base box are just about the size of the Primaris ones. Much larger than normal marines.

My one complaint with Primaris models is that huge fucking empty space on the inside of the collar. It's super visible too, old marines once you glue the head in the collar is nice and snug, this one has a huge empty floppy space.

Gravis hoods are also stupid but if they release a part that allows you to have the visor down, I will forgive it.

>black and white
>named the templars
not saying it's bad, it's just boring.
they just made the Space Knights Templar and gave them Knights Hospitaler colors

>There is some new extraterrestrial empire encroaching upon the borders
>Some gauche, golden-armoured giant weirdo who is obviously on bizarre gene-mods sent us a demand for surrender and 'compliance' like the raving religious nuts, and threatening to 'send in the eighth'
>High command obviously tells him to go stuff it up his wanky breastplate, and ships the third brigade to the border colonies for extra security
>minding own business, watching the compound with bobby and jake, all is quiet, the commanders are having some high-society do
>bobby explodes
>gore is everywhere what the fuck, glass and blood is sprinkling throughout the tower
>suddenly this black cloud explodes into lightning
>all the other towers get hit at the same time, all you can hear is screaming and explosions
>lightning resolves into a titanic monster in massive nearly-black battleplate with a jetpack bigger than you are strapped to its back
>you can't comprehend what you're seeing, let alone move
>it crashes through the remains of the armourglass window
>jake shoots it, five times, and it contemptuously reaches out and crushes his skull with a crackling power-gauntlet
>the last thing you see is that absurd hand-cannon pointed at you
pre-curze night lords best legion. primarchs ruined everything

Space Marines with coolie hats would be fucking awesome.

>Black templars
The Hospitaller were white cross on black background

>mfw all these plebbians posting inferior templars

World Eaters had a fucking bangin color aesthetic before they got their heresy on.

How are your legs brother?

200.00% BROKEN

I agree to this now. I started putting wayyyy too many black (and terribly made) tattos on their armor, and it looks disruptive. What the dude doesis good, he has his wave pattern, but indeed it's too invasive for me. I'll probably go over the black with grey and try again with smaler and fewer tattoos.

you sound like a faggot

And now look at what this guy did, which I'll try to mimic later on.
Obviously he's better than me in every way, but my point is, like the other user said, less is more.

I'd argue that the Primarchs add flavor, and that the missing legions should have remained as generic marines serving the emperor directly under the Custodes as pilots and drivers like serfs for chapters in 40K

Black and yellow, with a touch of bitch, I love them.

His freehand is great, but the masks and goopy-ass verdigris on the meltaguns arent impressive. Why would a meltagun even have verdigris?

Maybe it's supposed to be heat discoloration, but he doesn't understand how or why that actually happens.

>doesn't understand how or why that actually happens
How and why does it happen?

Either oxidation or deposition of atmospheric carbon, i think, though i'm no chemist/metallurgist. Still, why would you ever use green for that?
Just seems like a really dumb thing to choose, and while the freehand is amazing and way better than anything i can do, the rest of the model is nowhere near as impressive

>loyalists in charge of aesthetics

Whatever the failings of their Warmaster's fluff, the Black Legion has a kickass color scheme that works well on almost any model.

CUNT/10

It's a chemical process that occurs when you heat certain kinds of steel. It only occurs in colors from red through to blue, with no green.

Indeed, look how it brings out the blood.

y tho

I do paint my Skitarii that color anyway. Them and their bionic legs.

That helmet looks too big for Angron. I think he looks fine without a helmet and his cool Predator dreads. That white and blue WE scheme on his model looks absolutely badass though.

>that fucking emperor model

I'm dying

believe it or not that's actually one of the better designed aspects of the model.

That goofy looking collar protects the wearer from projectiles ricocheting off the chest piece and glancing up into his face/neck. You actually see it a lot with older medieval armor and the like, plus the Mk VIII pattern armor for regular marines has it too.

Jesus it's like looking at a bunch of armored frat boys who just stumbled out of a cheap tattoo parlor.

>Brother Sergeant Tap ouT

I don't think I'd do much full tattoo work, though I have considered starting a Space Shark force, at least a small one. I'd probably go very basic, though now that I see the tattoo stuff, I'd probably work that into the camo design seen here . I would love to add small shark teeth necklaces to a few models, and go pretty wild on vehicles.

>tfw you have that White Dwarf

agree desu

Honestly the GOAT.

I think it's well done, but it's a bit too much. Still, I wish I did freehands as well as he does.
flickr.com/photos/137084508@N08/sets/72157659376720879/

I think what user complains about isn't the collar itself, but rather the body to head connection point that, to his taste, way too big.
As shown on thid picture, fortunately, that wide gap isn't present on all the models.

One can hope it is seen on some models because they are snapfit, however the whole body changed size except the pauldrons and the head. Easy to see why suddenly the neck hole would become more visible.

Have faith, Word Bearer.

Is that muh Word Bearers?

Not appreciating quartered schemes is literally peasant taste

Go get JEANED somewhere else, you stinky quartered marine mans!

I think this is my favorite piece of marine artwork with respect to proportions.

How is that camouflage?

I love that stupid yellow hat

You can blend amongst jaguars much easier.

Did someone say Blood Jaguars?