Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder)

What plans have your characters come up with? What sort of problems produced these plans? Did they pan out, or did they fall flat?

Link repository; point out problems if found: ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3/?pageforid=5152402#post-5152402
docs.google.com/document/d/1OOOk9LtfEwr004dvZoe7mJvCquqBOyarLAHO5YwR-So/edit?usp=sharing
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5055882/announcements
docs.google.com/document/d/14a3bZPwqqj4Zclwk08vdjKENz0jHbl4yjZ_OFNXex8k/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1bzEv2XaMJRZp1cpDg8mUqWe7PmZoYrm7JC6NeP6AjIs/edit?usp=sharing
ffcompendium.com/h/jobs/bluemage.shtml
dailymotion.com/video/x61gj8_macross-frontier-08-ninjin-loves-yo_music
youtube.com/watch?v=gX_8tobdiMc
pastebin.com/bF1H8p6t
youtube.com/watch?v=k7NhP0k2iIs
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?520046-Drop-Dead-Studios-Spheres-of-Might-Open-Playtest&p=22084944&viewfull=1#post22084944
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Defensive Expertise (Path of War)
>Benefit(s): Your shield bonus to armor class applies against touch attacks. Additionally, you may add the enhancement bonus of your shield (if any) as a competence bonus to Reflex saves.

>Mythic Shield Focus (Paizo)
>Benefit: Add your shield bonus and your shield’s enhancement bonus to your touch AC. As an immediate action, you can expend one use of mythic power to add your shield bonus and your shield’s enhancement bonus on a Fortitude or Reflex save just before you roll it.

If I took both of these feats, do I add my shield bonus twice?

We were on page 7.

We REALLY need to stop making threads at page 7.

P A G E 7
A G E 7 P
G E 7 P A
E 7 P A G
7 P A G E

What if my character is a fetishist

and no, I don't mean the small mystical symbols

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3/?pageforid=5152402#post-5152402

Close to giving me a heart attack there, user.

Given the chance, what would you play?

Posting again for the new thread.

>game set in Absalom in Golarion
>PCs are students in the Arcanamirium, the Inner Sea's most influential school of magic
>notably, PCs are NOT boarding there, they have residences outside

>by day, students in a magic school
>by night, magical girls (or "girls") battling weird occult threats and solving esoteric magical mysteries
>on some days and nights, dealing with slice-of-life problems, attending fancy balls and art presentations, etc.

>all PCs have Dual Identity, Seamless Guise, and Transformation Sequence, for free
>NOT gestalt
>no daddies, furries, or daddy furries

Would you apply to this game?

I love Akashic Mysteries in concept, but the execution is less than stellar. I've been meaning to make my own homebrew based off of Incarnum that cuts down the heavy math and makes the things function more like the Occultist's Implements. If anyone is interested I can post a rough draft for it.

One is competence, the other is untyped, so theoretically, yes

>no daddies

What about mommies?

Maybe. Depends on who's running it.

What level and point buy?

docs.google.com/document/d/1OOOk9LtfEwr004dvZoe7mJvCquqBOyarLAHO5YwR-So/edit?usp=sharing

>PLD now has canonical hot troll girls with Powerful Build

Call me back when there are cute elves

An elf block is next

>Do light hearted kingmaker campaign.
>All cheery and fun but then we hit book 4.
>Suddenly its the a sorta Red Wedding with War so close that I have to grab the mass combat rules early.
>One PC 'died' and his adopted Red Dragon daughter is going to go off on revenge and get her ass kicked because she's very, very weak compared to the rest of this shit.
>Players are were 'good' but are now starting to lean evil because none of their characters are able to think things through/don't give a shit.

IE: FUN times as the GM continue.

How have the rest of you been doing?

DAA is totally extended until start of July now guys!

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5055882/announcements

The Ark is now renamed the USS Ruse Cruise

Level and point buy. At least level 8 and you have a deal.

>Wow its more poorly thought out fetish shit

Who would have seen that coming from Vult.

No.

4, 25 points.

>no more /pfg/ in the thread title

Is this the fate we chose?

Reminder that only meme apps will make it into Ensoulment.

If people aren't talking about your character, they'll be lucky to be NPCs.

Ehhh
Given that it's a magic school with standard PB, everyone would be inclined to play fullcaster for SAD and it would probably get boring fast

What kind of elves?

You bet. Time to move on, /pfg/ faggot.

I think everything but the veils themselves are okay.

DSP has put out 1 (One) veil after Akashic mysteries, which is in the April Fool's book. Despite the 'joke' book, it's an honestly solid veil -- Something I'd say that's higher powered than the other veils, but that's a good thing, since most veils aren't that great.

Overall, I'm still waiting for the 'Not!Pharaoh' that Gareth hinted at a few weeks ago. We might get new veils out of that, which should really help set the direction that Akashic Mysteries 2 (If we get it) will go.

>25 PB = everyone plays a fullcaster

Please.

>no mommies
>no daddies

What about disturbing but cute girls from Geb? A Blood Lord's precious little princess?

Is this the future we chose? A world where people would rather play Cute Anime Girls doing Comfy Things than a campaign that tries to take itself at least partially serious?

I figured it would be more about personality and goals. Someone trying to raise their rank in society but having all this trouble thrown on them.

A single Elf mother going to school during the day and having to handle this trouble at night.

A Trogg or whatever that Large sized race Paizo made is called trying their best to get training that will let them help their family.

A Necromancer who wants to be Veeky Forums and has to balance squats, monsters, and oats

I mean if you don't like it don't apply

I know I fucking won't

No full casters, not even NPCs.

You want to be a "wizard," be an occultist.

A magic school a that, user.
Read the whole fucking post.

There's plenty of serious games out there, though?

Comfy is nice. What's wrong with comfy?

All the talk about mythic games in the last almost makes me want to run a game where the players have to impress a cavalcade of gods with feats, ranging from making Asmodeus make a contract that is not in his favor, impressing Kurgess with a physical feat, impressing Nethys with a magical feat, creating something that is as beautiful or more so than Shellyn and so forth.

Almost.

Elves in PLD are extinct as far as the party knows, but the veil retains memories of these things.

So I'm mulling over how to structure another interaction with the Corruption System that feels unique from the others. Thinking about maybe a way to give rage before overdosing on corruption, but doing so builds Corruption and pushes them towards unconsciousness. Maybe pair it with something like, they only gain half as much corruption from healing as humans do?

>I mean if you don't like it don't apply

Yeah, the only reason I'm getting kinda butthurt about it is the concept seems to be real popular around here, which means if it picks up it will crowd out the meme-space so other campaigns can't get posted.

My god.

We've entered the Moeshit age.

Hold on to your butts, We're about to get K-on! and Lucky Star. And after that is a bunch of shitty isekai games and shitty battle school harems. And we basically have the latter minus the school setting.

What 3PP allowed if any?

>creating something that is as beautiful or more so than Shellyn and so forth

That's impossible!

I fucking hate 'comfy' campaigns, they're just shit.

Personally? Daevic, Guru, and Vizier are boring as far as classes go, and none of the veils are particularly exciting.

I might just write my own version of Incarnum, redo the original three classes, and make newer veils that aren't as trash

Also: Akashic Kineticist

Don't worry user, soon I'll make my SAO Path of war only one-shot

That'd be because Ssalarn doesn't listen to anyone who isn't riding his fucking jock.

Look at the SoM thread, he's at it the fuck again.

>Elves in PLD are extinct as far as the party knows, but the veil retains memories of these things.

So these would be humans that were "Elfed" by the Veil somehow? Like somebody tampered with something forbidden and ELFED them into having funny ears and magical powers?

New thread, new call for homebrew requests! Don't be shy, because people have requested some weird things all ready.

Find homebrew requests here:
docs.google.com/document/d/14a3bZPwqqj4Zclwk08vdjKENz0jHbl4yjZ_OFNXex8k/edit?usp=sharing

Otherwise, let's see those requests!

BUT SOMEONE WILL MAKE AN OREIMO GAME AND IT WILL SHIT UP THIS FUCKING PLACE FOR YEEEAAARS!

Since you've ripped Red Mage, would you care to take a crack at Blue Mage?

Akashic Kineticist doesn't really excite me because I don't really like Kineticist.

The classes are kinda boring, yeah, but the archetypes are where it's at.

Elven transformations are certainly one way it happens. The gods can also meddle with it.

And I suppose they're almost on the table since chargen this time can have one batch of transformations

With Starfinder, you're going to be seeing a lot of Macross and Xenoglossia inspired Moé.

Hilariously, /pgg/ might give you actual Giants in a Macross campaign than the actual show. They might be a Giant Kitsuné, but it'll still one up the show.

Yack, Deculture!

I've only played FF7 and a bit of FF8, so I don't really know what a blue mage is, sadly. If you explain the features, I can see what I can make of them!

Re-posting this

docs.google.com/document/d/1bzEv2XaMJRZp1cpDg8mUqWe7PmZoYrm7JC6NeP6AjIs/edit?usp=sharing

Comments are enabled.

You should comment on the veil and get the dude who wrote the veil to comment on this!

>that fucken pic

Post Kirby, nerd

Has there ever been a comfy campaign that took off around here?

I guess that Wrath of the Raunchy campaign counts, since they've been in that cave-in for FIVE FUCKING MONTHS, FIVE FUCKING MONTHS OF THE FIRST PART OF THE FIRST BOOK AND THEY EVEN HAD A STUPID-ASS ONSEN SESSION LIKE THAT MAKES SENSE.

>unironically wanting to do an Isekai

Okay, /pgg/, rate this idea: You are all crippled anime school children. You all go to classes together and shit, and you all live relatively close together with each other, so much so that you've even got a weekly Pathfinder game going. You're all friendly with each other because you all visit the same doctor, a weird, Grigori Rasputin-looking motherfucker, but he's a friendly, polite man.

One day, Doctor Rasputin suggests you all try out this DOPE NEW MEDICINE holy shit it tastes like raspberries. It's dope. It tastes good and shit, and you come out of it feeling better and not as crippled, but you go home and you go to sleep, have a nice, pleasant dream, then you wake up and suddenly you're in the homebrew setting for the Pathfinder game you were playing. You're dressed as and have some physical changes which means you resemble your characters, but you retain your memories and shit- you've been Isekai'd. The GM is nowhere to be seen and now you have to explore and shit to try and get back to the real world.

Different strokes for different folks. If Ssalarn wasn't working on it, I bet Akashic would've been pretty good.

Why not ship girls taken to their logical conclusion?

Well yeah, Zentraedi basically aren't a thing as of Macross Delta

Given that they mostly interbred with humans, it makes sense

Looks like a Half-Giant with psionic scrubbed off and replaced with regeneration

I mean

Its WotR

The cave never ends

>Different strokes for different folks. If Ssalarn wasn't working on it, I bet Akashic would've been pretty good.

Probably. I do prefer the fluff to Psychic/occultist, though.

>tfw there is like one proper kingdom building isekai
If you ran this idea, I would immediately start construction of roads, fixing the kingdoms finances, and moving the capital to a more trade friendly location.

Gotta love it when a talentless hack tries to prop their ego by bashing a quality book and claiming they'll do it better.

Akashic Mysteries is a significant improvement over Magic of Incarnum. The classes are solid and unique with cool perks and abilities. I think Guru is far and away the best of the three classes since it's got a lot of versatility, but it's more about its class features with its veil list serving a supporting function. Vizier has the most versatility but is much more reliant on the veils you choose. Picking a bad ser of veils can be a hindrance and its veilshifting ability doesn't allow you to rebind, so a few bad choices can leave you operating at lower power through the rest of the day. Daevic is kind of a Paladin or Su Barbarian type character. Its passions are narrow but very powerful, with Wrath being the meat grinder and Desire being the more tricky option. Dominion is more of a leader with sword and board abilities.

t. Sslarn.

Blue Mages function as spellthieves, and learn "Blue Magic" from having enemy abilities cast on them.
As such, they're the only class in the series that can learn Death/Doom
They're also decent in melee, but not nearly so much as Red Mages
ffcompendium.com/h/jobs/bluemage.shtml

You aren't exactly in the right forum for a campaign that takes itself seriously and doesn't involve magical anime girls.

Two out of three of the classes barely interact with the subsystem. They're not veilweavers, they're random jackasses with the option to weave veils, and Vizier, the only one that's actually, you know, A FUCKING VEILWEAVING CLASS, suffers from Ssalarn thinking it's the best thing ever to be able to completely-but-not-really rewrite your entire build.

Guru is boring and its promises of utility are lies. Daevic is boring and it's a standard martial with weird optics.

Fuck you and fuck Ssalarn.

What type of music would the Vajra make? I want to play a Giant Bug Icon!

I don't have the pictures here, but Transformers and Zone of the Enders has what you want.

Then give me back my giant insects and animals

I'd give it a shot. Count me in, user.

Trips confirm, it's Ssalarn.

I honestly don't have time to run games or join any more, but I'd happily lend a hand in getting the concept and story off the ground.

>prefer the fluff to Psychic/Occultist, though
Could you elaborate on that?

So i want to make a druid archer who rides around on an animal companion whiel doing so. what are some good books to invest in to do this in PFS stuff?

No, you only get giant carrots.

dailymotion.com/video/x61gj8_macross-frontier-08-ninjin-loves-yo_music

>Different strokes for different folks. If Ssalarn wasn't working on it, I bet Akashic would've been pretty good.

True story. They could have put Gareth on it and he would have let us write it for him. Or the guy who started truenaming and then turned it into such a mess that even Sslarn decided it was too complicated to fix. It's kind of a small miracle when anything by DSP not written by Forrest actually gets finished.

This actually sounds pretty easy. I'll get something up in a bit. I'll use the magus chassis again.

marking this so I don't forget to explain this

If you're going to make that infusion launcher be an akashic veil anyway, and you know a bunch about the subsystem, why not a general Akashic Alchemist Archetype? With the same handicap regarding just replacing poison features and persistent mutagen that I mentioned last thread. Of course, I should likely get much more familiar with the subsystem if I'm going to make requests like that.
You do nice work, and are a pleasant fellow, good on ya.

Alternatively, if you really want to hurt yourself: An Unchained Rogue Archetype based entirely around Switch-hitting with Desna's Shooting Star DFT

> True story. They could have put Gareth on it and he would have let us write it for him.

That's 2hu's MO, dumbass.

So make a Transformer PC that's also a Headmaster so the Transformers is actually the head and turns into a person-sized robot to do PC things? And then turns into a head and combines with the vehicle when it's go-time?

>at least level 8

/pfg/ please.

>why not a general Akashic Alchemist Archetype

That would be awesome.

Those can be cute.

If you wanted to magical girl it up, you could do Godmasters too!

youtube.com/watch?v=gX_8tobdiMc

You need to think with more FUN.

There is no "smaller body". The Giant Robot just has to make do and deal with living in a tiny world. Imagine walking around carefully, or just picking people up at random.

Then, on another world, the rest of the PCs have to deal with being in a space station meant to accommodate Giant Robots.

Blue Mage was cracked at before. Not necessarily the best possible form, but it was an attempt:

pastebin.com/bF1H8p6t

What about the akashic system would you take to smash together with alchemist.

Akasha is about making pseudo-permament magic items, while alchemy is about making consumable magical items.

Throw me some ideas on how you'd combine the two. I have a few ideas myself, but I'd like to see ideas from those who know more about alchemists.

>tfw just realized that Barbarian with Spell Sunder is basically just Imagine Breaker
Now I just need to find some some casters to give the ol' right hook to.

Anyone know what APs feature the most Casters? Bonus points if they're little girls with incredibly punchable faces

SMACKING MY BITCH

youtube.com/watch?v=k7NhP0k2iIs

What about summoners?
What about PoW and Psionics?

Lord, please pray for the soul of this bitch and guide my pimp hand and make it strong Lord, so that she might learn a hoe's place.

Amen

> #
>Trips confirm, it's Ssalarn
Not Sslarn. I bought the book though and have played in the games he used to run in Seattle. I don't understand the hate that gets piled on, AM and UP are two of the main DSP books that anyone allows here. No one will touch PoW.

>You will never smack a chesty bitch up

>Spell Sunder is basically just Imagine Breaker
Does that mean that any caster you use it on is fated to become part of your harem?

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?520046-Drop-Dead-Studios-Spheres-of-Might-Open-Playtest&p=22084944&viewfull=1#post22084944

This kind of shit is why. Ssalarn is a piece of shit who won't listen to anyone that refuses to kowtow to him.

Considering you ideally take it as a sexy manbeast barbarian, I believe that would be obvious

Magic bitches love a Chad Sunder-Cock

Imma bout to smack a testy bitch user up.

Essence infused extracts and bombs? Since essence burn is a thing maybe it could use it as a pool to boost or change different effects? I don't if turning extracts into temporary veils would work?

>Chad Sunder-Cock

HOW CAN MONKLETS EVEN COMPETE?

I'd rather knock a chesty bitch up