GW prices

How much do you all spend per month on GW? I have been a collector for years, and lately it seems the prices are just creeping too high. It used to be that whenever my jaw dropped, I could look up to the top of the screen, see an Australian flag, and then sigh in relief as I changed it to USA. Now even with US prices I'm getting sticker shock. Pic related is $116. It's just getting insane, and I've almost painted through my entire back log.

I get that it's a hobby, other things are expensive, etc etc. I've never really let it bother me until now. What do?

fuck off, kunt.
Translate your 116 murica bucks to my dingo dollars and I should only be paying about 150 for that shit.

I'm PAYING 196

dont complain when you've got it so easy bub

order from china fag

use your centrelink on gw instead of fosters ya cunt

>drinking beer when you can get twice as much alcohol for half the price drinking goon.

>being an abbo

user pls

someone didn't have friends to play goon sack of fortune with as a teenager.

Fosters isn't sold in Australia you muppet. It's the piss we export

I'm a lazy fuck about painting, so I limit myself to one box a month. Encourages me to finish my shit and keep the backlog to a minimum, and saves some cash.

>I get that it's a hobby, other things are expensive, etc etc. I've never really let it bother me until now. What do?

Quit.

Why do you hate us GW?

Im hoping the whole of the australian warhammer community buys nothing but chinacasts till GW either fucks off or lowers the price.

Ive spent some hefty cash on legit models since im just starting, but when they want another $140 for fucking rulebooks it gets obscene.

The 17th will probably be the last time i make a large purchase for official product.

The rest of my army will be resin from the grey suppliers who are probably keeping the community afloat for GW since i cant imagine how many players could afford it otherwise.

The thing is, from what I've heard it's NOT just GW that hikes prices for aussies, it's EVERYONE that exports to there.
For some reason they're treating them like they're an island

There is a certain degree of price hike that is acceptable for being an island, but GW compounds that by factoring in the extra cost Aussies would have ordering from overseas and then adds that difference on top again.

It is cheaper for an aussie to order minis from the GWUK and pay to have them shipped.

If you're a long age collector and you don't know how to save money buying the exact same shit....you deserve those prices

Spent £400 last month. Will only buy new rules this month but now I have what I want.. so won't buy anything for a while.

I saved half the cost of a box set by ordering from ebay UK

Aussiefag here - I can usually find shit from fucking EBAY that gets shipped from the US or UK for cheaper than GW prices, we get rorted on everything here.

Ebay.
Got a 800 € Vampire cunts army for 220€.

Using them to play KoW though

>What do?
learn to budget

So that's the trick is it? I never thought of that.

Ever thought of doing historicals?
>Under a dollar/man for plastics
>Older playerbase
>Healthy competition since you can't trademark a WWII soldier or Macedonian pikeman.
>Similarly, you're not wed to one system. If you don't like Flames of War you can play Chain of Command or Battlegroup with your figures.

Respectfully, GW fans act like abuse victims. They'll vent to their friends but rarely break off the toxic relationship.

Yeah, but I don't like historicals. I like sci-fi.

$30 or so. Their Lord of the Rings lone is too nice to not get some of whenever I can.

Warpath is a thing.
Gates of Antares is a thing.
Infinity, warmahordes, all of them are options.

Does legionairre IV know he has a dick drawn on his shield?

Considering he's not the only one with a penis on his shield, and while I'm not learned in latin "putas" is a cuss word in Spanish so I can only guess they're meant to be rude.

I didn't buy anything for like 4 years, then just spent about 500usd this summer on various stuff like carrying cases and the new imperium triumverate and some seraphim and other stuff from my local brick and mortar store.

It feels like a lot when you hand them 100usd for a box of plastic but I compared it to buying sports equipment or video games and other hobbies like that and it's not so bad over time.

I'm a shit head when it comes to painting though, so I'll try commissioning someone who isn't retarded like me to paint them for me which I don't even know how much that will be. Hopefully about equivalent to buying a bunch of paints and brushes myself? idk.

But anyway, just comapare the cost to other hobbies and decide.

I wouldnt mind trying historicals, especially the ones which have more emphasis on tactics vs list building. But i dont know if the playerbase is big enough where i live.

Its kinda stupid that the most popular game is also the most expensive.

Try to look into local groups via forums or normalfagbook.

You aussies should like revolt or something against your shitty government, oh wait, you don't have guns

Deal with it

>brings in govt when we're talking about companies
>mentions guns for some reason

>my miniatures company is too expensive
>let's start a revolution

You're going to love Trump's protectionism

I was getting at that your government allows this kind of extortion from companies given that there is no reason for items in your country to be as expensive as they are

>people complain about gw prices
>they still stick with gw
It baffles the mind.

>Australia
>literally next to China
>they don't buy from the Chinamen
Kek

If you don't mind smaller scales than 28mm you can make a couple of bolt action forces for a pretty negligible price with 1/72 (20mmish) plastic soldier review is a good database for that scale. And when you have at least 2 playable army's you can get most people to play with you.

How buy GW from china?

Recasters, user

This is dumb and historically unaccurate.

This.
However, I will say that once I started doing sub assemblies, my painting speed (and the will to paint) has increased substantially, so I might actually break that once a month rule.

>Its kinda stupid that the most popular game is also the most expensive.
They jacked the prices up because it was popular. Apparently, in some parts of the world people find GW stores before they find independent gaming stores where you'd find a whole lot of cheaper competition.

I'll be honest though, the fluff has kept me in GW's orbit. I've dabbled in historicals and do enjoy them, but none of the other sci-fi settings have done it for me. So I'll keep buying GW/FW stuff... except for their $33 monopose plastic characters. That's really hard to justify.

Today I got my Belasarius Cawl to about 85% done. I have been working really hard on him and trying to achieve a we level of painting. My results have been great.

When I wasn't looking, my three year old went onto my painting desk and slathered red paint all over everything.

FUCK

Budgeting is for fools. Do you WANT to be laughed out of the GW store when you walk in there and ONLY buy $1,000 worth of Celestine Triumvirates and Conscripts? To walk the slow, head drooping walk of shame to the exit as the Warlord Titan Legion players point and laugh at your abject poverty while they pour fine vintage whines down exotic storm drains?

Implying titan legions are even viable

>being concerned with viability, like a peasant

Oz fag interested in 40k. Look at prices. Holy fuck. Whats the skinny on recasters? Guess you gotta know someone that knows someone?

Nope, most of them have email addresses that can be found on reddit

Ah, he knows red goes faster and wants you to have a propa orky Crawl.

I haven't bought directly from games workshop for years and even then it was a random impulse purchase I still feel bad about.

eBay is my friend , hordes of cheap models on there if you look well enough. Beyond that discount stores and box sets have been more than enough to get me by.

If you're willing to put in some time and effort, wargamerau.com has a buy swap and sell forum.

Just don't buy anything from (sic), heretic, benedicition or dedhed and you should be okay.

What are you a communist?

It's called a free market, nigger. They're not selling mandatory necessities of life like electricity or water. They're not forcing you to buy their shit.

I used to way overspend on 40k stuff. I would buy a bunch of shit that I "am going to need" for my army, but half of it would end up never getting painted before I bought my next round of shit.
It started piling up and I would get daunted by the size of my backlog every time I sat down to paint, discouraging me from even wanting to start.
Now I limit my purchases based on how much I'm likely to actually paint in a month, so probably 2-3 kits at most, depending on what they are. Seems to work pretty well so far.

I would love to try historicals, but no one in my area plays them, or if they do, they don't have any kind of presence on the internet. I've tried to find people.
If I want to actually have a large and reliable community of people to play with, my choices are pretty much 40k, Warmahordes (AKA poor-man's 40k), or X-wing.

reddit

warhammer recasts

Ozfags tell me where to get cheap bits. There must be cunts wanting to flog off their random plastic somewhere.

Everything on Ebay is either too scarce or premium priced.

The bolt action starter set is pretty good, most people will try a game if you bring 2 playable sides and if they like it just mention how cheap it is compared to 40k.

Not bought any 40k since 5e, despite being an avid Tau player. Bought the End TImes books, but since then I've just followed the games set in the Old World. GW have gone too high fantasy for my tastes, and I feel 40k has gone too BIG ROBOTS.

I miss when my Tau saw big robots as silly, impractical obsessions of humanity.

>I miss when my Tau saw big robots as silly, impractical obsessions of humanity.
I member

You are a guela with taste. I played tau in 4th and sold em after that.

Join the Warhammer buy swap sell on Facebook. It has loads of armies going for half price

I don't buy much GW anymore. Other companies do better for cheaper.

Which is kinda fun because it's the first time in my life where I can afford a shitton of it.

I bought a couple cans of primer, two pots of paint, and some greenstuff from them. Not directly, but it was the only brand offered by my FLGS and I couldn't be arsed to order from Amazon and wait a day.

As for their minis, zero. Their 40k sculpts are nice, but too pricey, and I don't play the wargame so there's no reason to stretch my modelling funds.

They really are nice sculpts, tho. I used to find their prices silly, but now that they've gotten a lot better, I can appreciate them as works of art.

kill yourself anime pedophile