Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

WAAC fags btfo edition

Previous thread:
Daily Dancan: youtube.com/watch?v=TkroHwQYpFE

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-ynnari/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/white-dwarf-preview/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6z0klMZ7r8M
games-workshop.com/en-US/Base-death-guard-green-12ml
games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-death-guard-green-spray-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

8 TH edition bat rep time? Guard (me) VS Eldar at 2000pts, Mission: No mercy (kill points)
I take Guilliman, a 50 man conscript blob, 4 commissars, 1 basilisk,1 wyvern, 1 LR 3Xhvy flamers battlecannon, 3 armoured sentinels w/lascannons, 2x hvy wpn teams autocannons, and the rest infantry squads with lascannons (7 squads)
Eldar takes wraithknight, 10 banshees, the banshee woman, 3 wraith lords, 30ish infantry , the avatar, 10 scorpions, karandras, and some rangers
His turn he moves up, takes a few pop shots, I lose almost nothing. My turn I knock off 18 health from the Wraithknight
Next turn, he takes out 2 of my infantry squads in shooting and charges my conscript blob with Karandras, banshees, banshee woman, 2 wraithlords, and the avatar. For the next 2 turns he’ll be busy killing my 50 man blob, meanwhile I erase all his other shit piece meal in the shooting phase—meanwhile I line up Guilliman to enter the close combat fuckfest to start deleting his scary CC shit—once again piece meal. Turn 5 he GG’s, I had 6 killpoints to his 3.
I had 15 CP (Brigade + guilliman), I spent almost all of it. Rerolls, counter charging, and auto pass battleshock are the shit. Astra militarum is unstoppable this edition.

This thread belongs to the Dark Mechanicum!

Nice! Which parts of the IG do you think need to be toned down the most? What was overperforming and what was underperforming in your list?

is anyone noticing typos in the index's? Like Nobz being 3-10 in the point list?

conscript blobs are too easy to take. before there were per-requisites.Now they are a troop choice. You could count on conscript spam being present in any meta worth a damn.
So, conscripts overperformed by keeping his scary Close combat shit occupied for and what underperformed was heavy weapon autocannon teams. Hitting on 4's sucks, always has sucked but by golly its what makes guard balanced

Has this sector prepared their tithe?

This doesn't.

Nothing wrong with that, the unit entry only talks about their minimum size with respect to power levels.

They might be nerfed someday. They seem retard strong.

One of the big things is how easy guard fills out Brigades for mass CP

>tfw want to build my Vanguard Alphas with Radium Pistols and Power Swords for maximum MEQ killing and for looking cool
>it's probably a lot better to not give him the pistol
Oh, Veeky Forums, why must all the cool things be bad?

why not? He can shoot his pistol in CC just fine, its an extra attack essentially.

Its funny thinking back to 4th ed and realizing that Tau were one of the weakest armies.

Will Guard be too good? I don't want to be avoided when it comes to looking games.

Yeah, but the Radium Carbine is Assault 3 and 0 points to the Pistol's 1 shot and 1 point.

Also, Enhanced Data-Tether or Omnispex?

EDT lets you reroll failed Morale, Omnispex lets you ignore cover.

Costs too much this edition, poor archaeo-tech.

Make way for the real Space Nazis.

>grey knights strike squad: 210 points

>tactical squad in drop pod: 240 points

>I spent the last 2 years painting up 70 odd guardsmen for a fluffy infantry heavy list and finished just in time for it to become socially unacceptable to field them
Why didnt i just do a mechanised company?

Me too. I hope fun lists that aren't devastating exist. I want to do bullgryn and inquisitor stuff.

>some armies are more cost-effective at certain things than other
Woah it's almost like there's asymmetrical balance and faction diversity because that makes for a more fun game.

Are they in 10 man squads?

If they are they're completely and utterly fine, don't worry.

purity and essence of our natural... fluids

So here's what I'm thinking about taking vs those tyranids from the last thread.

The vanguard were too expensive for how fragile they were, and are dropped entirely. Also dropping the guard, they were definitely fun but I like the look of an all marine list better and they can't hold up when charged. Instead I'm taking an assault cannon razorback and a unit of heavy bolter devastators to add to the dakka.

The unit that performed the best by far were my cataphractii, but they were too slow to get to the center once they deep striked onto a flank. So I'm adding a vanilla terminator unit, hopefully to have a big impact and then teleport back to my deployment zone with the teleport beacon to reinforce my line.

I'm not actually playing ultramarines this is just what the app displays right now. I'm doing Iron hands and am going to swap out the librarian with Vaylund Cal when his rules are out.

I played Guard in 7th, fuck anyone who trying and complains now that the IG is "over powered". Fuck you, we dealt with having half a fucking book for a whole edition. Now is Guards time to shine, at least until the first books come out and shit on us again.

No 30 of them are white shields, counts as 30 man conscripts.

Trying out a list:

Chaos Lord (1) - 122pts
Lightning claw,Power fist,Jump Pack

Daemon Prince of Slaanesh (1) - 188pts
Hellforged sword,Malefic talons

Noise Marines (10) - 216pts
Noise Champion: Boltgun,Chainsword
2 Noise Marine: Blastmaster,Bolt pistol
7 Noise Marine: Boltgun,Bolt pistol

Noise Marines (10) - 216pts
Noise Champion: Boltgun,Chainsword
2 Noise Marine: Blastmaster,Bolt pistol
7 Noise Marine: Boltgun,Bolt pistol

Chaos Bikers (3) - 152pts
Chaos Biker Champion: Combi-melta,Combi-bolter
2 Chaos Biker: Bolt pistol,Combi-bolter,Meltagun

Raptors (9) - 189pts
Raptor Champion: 2 Lightning claws
2 Raptor: Flamer
6 Raptor: Bolt pistol,Chainsword

Raptors (9) - 206pts
Raptor Champion: Chainsword,Combi-melta
2 Raptor: Meltagun

Raptors (9) - 194pts
Raptor Champion: Chainsword,Combi-plasma
2 Raptor: Plasma gun

Obliterators (3) - 195pts
Fleshmetal guns

Maulerfiend - 181pts
Maulerfiend fists,Two magma cutters

Helbrute - 141pts
Helbrute: Multi-melta,Helbrute fist with combi bolter

Nobody is going to complain about infantry squads.

rev up your taurox primes brother

Oh I also added scouts to shoot his broodlord.

That's completely fine and nobody will hold it against you.

Sounds like fun, please post results after next time you get a game in.

Let's go hard brothers. 2 months of overpowered Guard. Then everyone else is buffed and we get Conscript tax or restriction.

They're the same faction.

There will be important differences once Chapter Tactics and Stratagems come out.

You're fine. Two squads of 50 conscripts is where I think people will start giving people the stink eye. At 30, your opponent can probably just try to kill them if they need to.

Which is better for Skitarii Vanguard, Ignore Cover or reroll failed Ld?

Agreed. Conscripts are OP en masse with buff auras but one unit of 30 isn't going to break the game.

The point is to NOT have any stupid armies.

240 points for a deep striking tactical squad is not going to be worth it under any circumstance t b h.

>it's ok that something throws off balance if it benefits me
Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. OP ahit needs to be nerfed, whether it's riptide wing, grav spam, scatbikes, wraithknight, summoning spam or conscript spam, OP units make the game less fun for everyone, and balance shouldn't ever be forsaken because "Muh codex was weak last edition"
Make commisars less effective with conscripts and/or remove their ability to get irders and they're still powerful without being objectively overpowered.

Weve literally been good one edition before this
Its not fair

Then don't waste a Drop Pod on tacticals.

Tyranid drop pods cost 40 points more and they manage to be worth it

One unit of 30 is good but no where near bullshit. Even two units of 50 can be managed.

See that tyranid list in the last thread: thats the bottom threshold for unmanageably large hordes.

I struggle to think of anybody at all that's worth putting in a drop pod when terminators can deep strike for free.

>implying nerfing stuff like conscripts means gaurd still isn't good.
No different than the "riptides are tau TEQ from last edition"

I had the same feeling when starting mech guard just in time for "leaf blowers" to be a thing.

Oh please, you guys have been variously OP or at least mid-tier for a long time.
Half the point of 8th edition was that there shouldn't be any stupidly OP armies.

Tyranid hordes are significantly more balanced than conscripts.

People never bitched this hard about other OP armies. It was always "you can out play them" or "just take units to counter them" or "play the objective and try to win on points".

Fuck you, it's Guards time to do what Guard does best. Throwing bodies that are scared to disobey it both fluffy and strong for now. Let us play with our decent army in peace and go cry over your 3 Riptides.

2nd? Guard was excellent in 2nd. Assault cannon sentinels baby.

Also you could remove conscripts from the game and Guard would still be top tier in 8th.

If they deleted conscripts from the game I think guard would still be top tier

The faster that unit (and maybe a couple other things) gets nerfed the better. You guys will still be good after the nerfs.

Enjoy your time in the sun working for greater ends.

People bitched this much about Horrors.

Got a feeling taurox and stormtroopers are going to get nerfed too.

Kind of sucks that tanks are meh this edition.

Nice falseflag.

Can't wait for Conscripts to lose benefits from orders. Not the Commisar thing though, commisars keeping conscripts in check is core to the setting.

Can anyone tell me the downsides of using keyword when list building instead of using keyword , or any other narrower keyword?

Inspired by some of the other anons I’ve hopped on the excel bandwagon and attempted to plot some stats for many of the ranged weapon options in my Blood Angels/Inquisition collection, but I can’t help but feel that my math is a little off.
Right now the calculation determines the average damage per shot with a few modifiers based on a few different common scenarios: (average number of shots * chance to hit * chance to wound * (1 - chance to save, choosing the best save option) * average damage) / number of shots
Is there anything I should change to be better informed about the effectiveness of the weapon options in my force?

>People never bitched this hard about other OP armies.
Yes they did, don't start with this. I wouldn't even play against the OP armies last edition, I'll play vs guard right now as long as they aren't dumping 100+ conscripts on the table.

Why? they're better in melee (even with priests and fix bayonets) and synapse characters can hide like commissars but make them completely immune to morale instead of limiting it to 1, all for nearly the same price.

Then again I could hardly imagine someone complaining about 500 gaunts and some broodlords hiding in there.

>Let us

>go cry over your 3 Riptides.

I fucking play guard man. You're part of the problem.

>People never bitched this hard about other OP armies.
>implying tau, eldar, gladius, grav, summoning spam and so on wasn't bitched about all the time in 7th
>mfw
that's just one edition. People bitched about leafblower gaurd, fish of fury and so on. OP shit is, was and always will be bitched about, and for good reason.
Being retarded and defending OP shit? You must have played tau last edition.

Why is it so fucking hard to paint vehicles?
Im apparently unable to get a good coat on the actual fucking vehicle, and it just looks like horseshit however many coats I apply.

Daily reminder that Arch Magos Cawl is a fucking Heretek.

>Uses Xenos tech
>Consorts with Xenos
>Operates a minimum of two A.I.
>Modified the Omnissiah's most holy genetics project
>Modified blessed STC designs without approval
>Is making 2nd & Traitor legion Primarus Marines
>Constantly begging The Primarch to be instated as Fabricator General

Cawl is a Heretek.

The fact that Girlyman specifically says he will need to be dealt with at some point.. and the fact that Cawl is essentially making a private primarus army with traitor legions... I hope we get a campaign where Cawl caused a 2nd Heresy.

>Can't wait for Conscripts to lose benefits from orders. Not the Commisar thing though, commisars keeping conscripts in check is core to the setting.
Agreed and agreed. Let the commissars do what they do, maybe up their points a little bit if necessary, but giving conscripts a "poorly trained" special rule that says they cannot be the target of Orders is perfectly fluffy and fixes most of the issues with them.

Stormtroopers may get a separate weapon pricing just because of BS3+ but frankly they benefited enormously from game wide changes and cost nearly as much as a sister of battle.

I would expect chimeras and lemans to get buffed rather than taurox get nerfed.

I think it'll be more like the age of apostasy than a second heresy

No seriously
How the fuck do you nerf conscripts? Theyre already terrible infantry only good in numbers and with a commissar, thats their one strength

Seems fine to me.

>t.Xenarite

Helsreach part 5 is here.
youtube.com/watch?v=6z0klMZ7r8M

Taurox Prime will. At least the gatling. I'm not sure Scions themselves will though.

Disregard this
This user has it

>I struggle to think of anybody at all that's worth putting in a drop pod when terminators can deep strike for free.
Sternguard.

Increase points cost to reduce efficiency?

Nigga you are absolutely incorrect. People have always cried out about OP shit in the game.

I know most Guard players have inferiority complexes but this is fucking ridiculous, my dude.

Are drop pods even worth a damn anymore?

>only one of these units may be taken per detachment.

Done.

Hey guys, didn't we see a pic of Death Guard Green coming out as a paint a while back?

Is this still a thing? Shouldn't they be putting it on pre-order by now if it's made for the new death guard? Or will it be when they get their actual non starter box release.

I'm sorry if this has been asked to death already but have any leaks for the forgeworld indexes come out yet?

Figured with how early all the rules for the base game leaked so early there'd be something at least, I just can't wait 6 more days

They're more expensive in points, they're not all that much better in combat unless we're talking genestealers which are another two magnitudes more expensive, they die more easily because of a lower save, they don't have orders to benefit from, the only two synapse creatures that can actually hide in blobs cost the same as 5-7 commissars so they're countered much more cost-effectively by snipers and can't be everywhere at once, and their other support elements are also much more expensive.

Please note that none of this is complaining, Tyranids are very very good, but in a way that doesn't feel bullshit from the games I've seen/played so far.

games-workshop.com/en-US/Base-death-guard-green-12ml
games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-death-guard-green-spray-2017

>increase point cost
Then they cost the same as regular guard
Just dont let them take orders, it's fluffier that way
>conscripts become a LOW slot
Kek

>user didn't know he can take both, with the pistol in hand and radium carbine on back.

Nope. Just official previews. The table of contents of each of them is on the forgeworld website though.

All those cute noiselets!

So the secret was to go to the painting and modelling section... I see.

Either way we're heading towards war.

Brother. Let us discuss your... thought processes. Clearly they are in need of audit.

Death Guard models + Mortarion are coming out the following month for the campaign or what-ever.

Frankly just getting rid of orders on conscripts would go a mile towards making them balanced even with commissars.

That actually seems like a great solution.
They can still serve their purpose: cheap bodies for objective holding and assault screening, but would no longer be the most points efficient firepower in the game.

Terminators are a lot better so I'm inclined to say no. Maybe for Sternguard or Grav Devastators.

Has anyone here played with 80+ conscripts on the table yet or are we just mathhammering?

Reminder that conscripts could use commissars in 7th and were balanced
They couldnt use them in 5th, and they were dogshit because of it

what does a blood raven army look like in 8th edition? Any sign of chadmarine librarians?

Can I get some black templar fluff/paint themes/ anything anons? I love the flavor of the BT ever since another user inspired me by saying that "every living thing in the universe should worship the emperor"

>blood raven steal all of the primaris marines
kek

Not just the firepower, but also the whole MOVE MOVE MOVE thing letting them double move and double advance onto objectives turn 1 so you can't even try and keep them off the objectives, that'll fix a lot of the problems too.

>People never bitched this hard about other OP armies
bwahahaha, this is the most ridiculous shit i have ever heard. people never bitched about windrider spam. nope. never ever. not even once.

Looks fun! Doesn't look like you have too much anti-tank, so make sure to position your melta guys so that they can get into range on whatever hard targets your opponents bring.