Previous Thread: NEWS

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

THREAD QUESTION

What possible announcement makes you the most excited?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-06-17-mizzix/
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hazzy-razzy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

C17 better have Demon tribal

>What possible announcement makes you the most excited?

Tribes for Commander 2017 other than the expected Dragons, Zombies, Wizards, Goblins, Angels, etc. etc. etc.

The only announcement I'm really expecting is that of variable lengths for stories, where we might stick around on a single plane for every set of a year or two.

>we roll dice to see who goes first
>I go last
>first player goes "scorching desert, target user, pass"
>I'm absolutely stunned
>I go down to 39 life before it's even my turn
>he doesn't even apologize
I haven't even had one turn, so it was impossible for me to interact with the trigger. If he let me just play one island I

could have stifled the trigger and still been at 40 life. Instead he targets me out of pure spite. We all talked about it

and it was pretty clear that he only wanted me to be at 39 life so that I wouldn't win. He was going all on about how he

is perfectly allowed to scorch me, but he didn't even think for a second about how I felt about it.

It would have been infinitely preferable if he gave me just one turn to get up stifle mana or find a way to gain some

life. Instead he tries to act like just because the game lets him do something that its ok and my feelings don't matter.

We all agreed that targeting me was unnecessarily spiteful considering he had another land in hand he could play, or he

could have mulliganed to a hand that had less hateful cards. We all agreed to just play as if I was at 40.

What I don't get is how people like him think its a good idea to play like that with regular playgroups. You know that by

hitting me with scorching desert, it's just going to make me bring out my five color stonerain.dek and completely remove

his ability to play next game.

Since then we have houseruled that you're not allowed to hurt others players if they don't have a way to interact with it.

Our players that have some social awareness and aren't completely autistic have all agreed with this rule and it has done

a great job of weeding out the players that have offensive personality traits, such as having skin any thicker than

plastic food wrap.

>want to make rhoon deck and blast people with phat creatures and etb triggers
Can rhoon be built pretty competitively in 1v1 and multiplayer?
Also is he himself a pretty good beater?

That helps to clarify things. It also isn't a massive issue. But then again, I always run something that can exile shit instead of just "destroy". Much better to exile "nasty critter A" than it is to "destroy nasty critter A" and hope your opponent has no recursion.

>want to make rhoon deck and blast people with phat creatures and etb triggers

I don't think you understand the card. People with ETB triggers would be absolutely delighted if you exiled it until the end of turn. It would let them get another trigger.

Now the people with phatties, they'd probably get a bit booty blasted. Especially if you did it in order to remove blockers.

He wants to blast them with his fatties and abusing his ETB abilities, not the opponents

I think he means blasting people with his own ETBs.

Explain to me how this card works? I thought you couldn't copy copies?

It's not copying copies though.

What are some must have for Feldon of the Third Path aside from Combustible Gearhulk, Worldgorger Dragon, and Obliterate?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-06-17-mizzix/
Need some help getting rid of cards in my Mizzix deck. I think some good choices are Dragon mage and Melek. But I'm afraid of going super light on creatures. I also want to get the most out of buyback to eventually draw out a lot of my deck or protect Mizzix and then try to storm off.

>I thought you couldn't copy copies?

You're 100% wrong. Does that settle most of your questions?

You aren't. You are casting individual copies of the first spell onto each other possible target. Your just copying the original spell a bunch of times. Kind of like Zada but wider range.

You need this.

also, no jori en, ruin diver?

oh, now i understand it, thanks!

yes

Normally I would be upset about a new thread, espically when the old thread is only on page 4, but I am so sick of that shitty scoop argument that I don't even mind.

>jori en, ruin diver
>Fevered Visions
Actually good cards I completely forgot about I'm never going to make it down to 100 cards but good suggestions!

Same, both sides are pretty autistic

What deck you busting out at game night this week?

Hence why I made the new one, actual discussion going on here

What's a fun budget control commander? Something I could build for less than $100.

I'd scorching desert your autist ass too

99 mountain Ashling

You are right. There really is no reason to drag an argument on when one side obviously won.

have an army of spiders and not be too overpowered in a casual setting
I want to run people down with spiders.

0/10
Not subtle enough

Gonna force myself to play more Noyan until I get a better feel for how to actually play it and what I need to make it better.

>aren't completely autistic
Yes you are, you and your group sound like autistic garbage. How could you possibly be so buttmad about getting pinged for one?

I can't stop giggling. This is exactly how my playgroup reacts to any interaction. A lot of them play group hug OTK, and get furious if they are targeted at any time.
>BUT I GAVE YOU A LAND EARLIER WHY ME!

Reminder that if your game plan relies on overextending so badly that unless all your triggers go off without interference you have no answer to other players, you are a bad player.

If you are swinging for lethal, ensure you are keeping answers open in case something goes wrong.

why not atogs or goyfs

Obviously pasta, it's funny

C17 is gonna have dragons, amazon, knights and goblin tribals

Amazon? Regardless, I'd sure like Knights. I would like Sphinxes to get a boost too

talrand
make it past turn 6 with ur commander out and make sure to counter any board whipes and have fun winning

You need to reevaluate your priorities

>Amazon?

Yeah, the online shopping service. Sometimes even WotC has to take sponsorships.

Illusionist Bracers
Sundial of the Infinite

This is delicious fresh pasta

Thank you

Oh absolutely, he's solid in 1v1 (though I advise against 1v1, as it is not an accurate representation of edh)

My brother has a roon deck, biggest advice is to make sure you have many, many other ways to flicker your guys,other than roon. Roon is an emergency play, one that you only fall to if the deck isn't pulling what you need. Run hornet queen

I went to my FLGS to play for the first time, brought the Meren precon i had unopened for over a year.

Got absolutely shat on, but i was expecting that due to lack of experience. What i didnt expect was not being able to do anything due to the constant gangbang of removal on everything i played.
The rest of the table was Atraxa with 20 planeswalkers, queen marchesa and Jori-en

All i got was "lmao we just hate meren, dont play her"
Pretty shit experience overall, so i want to ask you if a meren precon in the hands of a first time player is just so fucking dangerous?

No, the precon is good but not that good. However Meren is a strong commander and draws a lot of hate no matter the build because a good one exists and there is no proof your playing a bad deck.

Meren is an annoying commander, but this doesn't explain that behaviour. You just had a shitty game with weird people.

I want to create a deck with pic related and token doubling enchantments as well as red token making. The idea is to spam real creature tokens that become op in multiples. The deck will be RWGU. Or WUBRG.

Kiki. RoR, etc

I will even play mirror gallery to get a bunch o cool copies of legendary shit.

I need cool creatures and good ideas, what say you TG.

Biovisionary

Obviously your commander should be Riku. Also play Minion Reflector, maybe some of the cheaper clones, Cackling Counterpart, etc.

UNBAN BIORHYTHM

Biovisionary will definitely be in.

I want white for Sterling Grove an extra token doubler enchantment as well as academy rector and idyllic tutor and mirari's wake. That says maybe it will make the cut.

I don't have a straight token deck or an enchantment deck. Thus will be my take on those archetypes.

Why? The card looks like it would only be used as a really lame way to abruptly end the game. Are there really people who want to play with this card?

>reprint Kaalia deck
>make dragon, angel and demon tribals for C17

The format is full of two card combos that win the game, some people are too lazy to put two cards together so they want a one card win.

If we're allowed to play Sorin, Magister Sphinx, and even fucking Shaman of Forgotten Ways (you know, Biorhythm on a stick), then why not Biorhythm?

(You)

What's saddest about this post is how you've typed all that out to force a meme that won't catch on.

>Biorhythm on a stick
A more expensive one that needs a turn to untap and a board full of creatures to work, and is still borderline busted?
>Sorin, Magister Sphinx
Both are considered extremely dickish and still at least they don't kill you

Not OP, but Brothers Yamazaki

Atraxa superfriends is just as bad if not worse than Meren. I mean at least the average deck can interact with it instead of having their whole board shielded by angel of bullshit keyword soups.

Just play Epic Struggle and meme your way to victory that way.

Lol hell yes, I didn't even think about it and I have the pair sitting on my binder.
12 brothers coming at you... Lol

The legend rule doesn't apply only if you have 2 however

>>mirror gallery
In his original post

Yeah, but you shouldn't rely on the gallery to play everything
>disenchant

Yeah that's why I want white for the Grove and maybe some protection. Even two bros is 10 power for 2R. This deck will be hella durdly.

I need to know all the (best) indestructible mana sources for... reasons. So far I have darksteel citadel, darksteel ingot, and cascading cataracts.

MLD is not worth it, user.

So last thread we agreed that forfeiting to prevent a sword of feast and famine from triggering was not only acceptable and legit but also the smartest move in that situation, didn't we?

*forfeits in response to your post*

Who said it stops at lands?

Those are pretty much all of them user. Otherwise you need to look into Avacyn, Boros Charm, and Terra Eternal

It's meme status already because this is the 3rd thread where it's been posted complete with assmad replies like yours.

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Since OP can Ctrl + C everything but this part of my OP, thread question included.

>this guy, yet again, proving that Discord is cancer, and he's a cancerous dick

Yup. Also any deck that interacts with your opponent in any way shouldn't be played because it relies on players not surrendering. I'm glad that /edh/ endorses my Doomsday deck. It's the only way to win since it can't be stopped by scooping.

Before swinging for.lethal ask yourself "If someone played Sundial now would I be in trouble"

If yes, don't overextend.

Tactical forfeiture is no different in intent to "end the.turn" effects.

Every thread until you learn that just because you don't like something doesn't mean every doesn't like something.

I'll fix it in the next OP.

Don't do anything that interacts with your opponents.
It's just you.

80 is greater than 1

>the foaming sperglord can't form coherent sentences
Colour me shocked. Why would anyone want to chat with you in Discord?

More to the point, if a group of people are telling you you're retarded, you're probably retarded even if you have a group of equally retarded circlejerkers telling you you're fine.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hazzy-razzy/
Need to pull 13 cards for it to be 100, can I get some suggestions

>If a someone says something I agree with, even if they are the minority, they are probably right.

If the discord info was just kept in the OP we wouldn't need to have this back and forth every thread. The discord server isn't even mentioned in threads where it's in the OP. So until you take the hint, I'm gonna make the OPs when I can and I'll post the discord info other times and you can REEE about it or come to terms with it.

>if someone says something right, they're probably right even if they are the minority, whether I agree with it or not
You're doing a wonderful job of making yourself look like a rational mature adult.

You can probably start by cutting the auras and the curses.

Willing to take out 6, bloodletting and taste I want to keep. That leaves 7 more to remove.

I'm in the discord and I think it shouldn't be in the OP.

>Don't do anything that interacts with your opponents.

Don't leave yourself open if your plan fails.

Thinking of making an enchantment deck with group hug elements. Two main win conditions would be oath of druids into big guys, or hive mind and a pact. Any other group-hug-based win conditions I could add?

Don't go for a win unless it's assured. If you interact with your opponents at all it's harder to assure a win. Therefore don't interact with your opponents. Spitescoopers are comboshitters best friends.

>Gay Kings
>Oath of druids
so you're running the precon with slight alterations?

fuck off cancer

>What possible announcement makes you the most excited?

basically anything related to non standard products. arch enemy had me pumped and i cant fucking wait for more c17 spoilers

It's hard to do this from my phone but I would look at cards that interact with your instants and sorceries. You have less thsn 25 total of that so those cards are effective with less than a forth of your deck. Next I'd look at things like electrickery or minimally effective spells. Lastly, if the deck isn't budget I'd look at some of your equips. The pseudo unblockable especially for not very cheap cost can just outright be replaced with things like whispersilk cloak. Equipment that is only useful to you when you connect are not very efficient either, like Quietus Spike. Basically you want cards that, at minimum, work with a board state of just your commander, bonus if they work by themselves. Sorry I couldn't give specific card recommendations just it would take too long to jump back and forth.

No one has ever voiced their concerns in this manner before. I see things in a new, introspective light now. Thank you.

And I don't use the discord and think it should be in the OP.

its cause meren is an annoying strong commander that so popular everyone has seen it and wants it gone. its just what happens when you play decks like that

>No one has ever voiced their concerns in this manner before.
people have been calling it cancer for like a month, you are just choosing to ignore it. the mods literally deleted your post 2 days ago as well

I was being facetious. The mods also literally didn't delete my post two days ago.

>The discord server isn't even mentioned in threads where it's in the OP.
it quite literally is though, why are you blatantly ignoring things you dont agree with? go look through the archives and see for yourself