Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Thin your paints edition

Previous thread:
Daily Dancan: youtube.com/watch?v=TkroHwQYpFE

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-ynnari/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/white-dwarf-preview/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

first for conscripts are just a meme

If the Adeptus Mechanicus in it's entirety declared war on the Imperium. Who would win?

No loyalists either, every single techpriest revolts.

conscript player spotted
Keep trying to convince us that after being buffed in almost every way possible, they still aren't good

If anyone would be kind enough to scan/photograph the missing page from the custodes section of the Imperial index I'd really appreciate it

Chaos, necrons or nids. Dark horse: t'au

True. Also riptide wing wasn't that powerful in 7e. People were just too bad to counter it.

Coming into 40k at the end of 7th it's interesting to see how a new shit storm over the new editions OP units forms

Local GW is having a management change, so they tossed all their oop books, store copies and 7th edition stuff, as well as a few models into the dumpster. Went back at 2am for the rest of ot

>get first turn because the conscript army will deploy more units than you
>move something they can't deal with, so pretty much anything, onto the objective
>spend the rest of the game seeing how many kills you can rack up

(*^._.^)

>be me
>play emperor's children
>love the new noise marines, they're awesome
>go to store
>play a game against chad
>he sets up his Primaris Marines™
>god i wish my models were as tall as his
>we begin the game
>he deep strikes his Primaris Inceptors™ into my noise marine squad, killing 2 of them on the charge with a well used Command Point™ reroll, killing the rest of them in a single combat phase
>well that's ok i guess, i have a few more squads lef-
>his Primaris Hellblasters™ rip my chaos lord to shreds
>finally my sonic weapons are in range
>aim and fire
>all my rolls missed
>my marines are too short to have any effect on the superior aryan Primaris Marines™
>watch helplessly as that squad is ripped apart by Primaris Intercessor™ Bolt Rifle™ fire
>as he slowly tables me, he looks me in the eyes
>"sucks to be a noiselet, eh buddy?"
>i can hear the sounds of his laughter closing in on me
>run home as they chase me out of the store chanting “NOISELET NOISELET NOISELET”
>they trash my forgeworld sonic dreadnought with a hammer but i managed to escape with the rest of my army
>burn all my models but the metal parts won’t set on fire
>JUST

Haven't been to any big tournaments but how do they deal with time management? Do players get dqed for spending 20-30 minutes on just their one turn?

>>move something they can't deal with, so pretty much anything, onto the objective
3 blobs kill a knight in 2 turns at close range

>hurr they'll never get close!
they move 12+d6 inches

God you conscript spammers are so pathetic.
We all know what you're doing.
And you're not fooling anyone.

What would happen if Dr Doom became a Dark Angel?

Admech would absolutely smash most of the mainline imperial forces as thier supply lines grind to a halt. As many guardsmen die of hunger as they do in battle.

Marine chapters fare better but they were already at breaking point before the admech rebelled and the guard collapsed.

Overall the Imperium could not survive that sort of civil war.

can the Imperium function without Forge Worlds?

Do they take the titan legions with them?
Is this like an order 66 thing where everyone allied to AdMech just stops what their doing, turns round and just starts killing their new enemies without any second thought?

>just get 150 guys within 12" for multiple turns without losing any of them, it's EZ
>also commissars never get sniped
lmao dude, I'm trying to dissuade conscript spammers from making a mistake, not defending their alleged brokenness
you'll never get the effect you want out of them, so just cancel that 600 guardsman order you made while you still can

>3 blobs kill a knight in 2 turns at close range

Holy crap 450 points worth of 150 bs 5 guardsmen who teleported right next to a knight will kill it in two turns?

Are Sisters of Silence worth taking as a Sisters of Battle player? Bolter squads are 120pts for the 10 and can single out psykers, great swords are 190 for the 10 and are basically better than any melee unit SoB have, and then flamer squads are 200 and have more flamers than any other SoB squad is capable of putting out.

>imperial fleet stops ferrying ad-mech around
>angry machine noises from forgeworlds
It's a MAD scenario.

No one likes your forced meme.

Their ability to single out psykers seems pretty good, honestly.
Even if the enemy doesn't have any (most people will probably have at least one), then you essentially just have another group of bolters or flamers. Good deal, imo.

Oh yeah user, I'm sure that the unit that got the most buffs, both direct and indirect, of any unit in the game, isn't OP or meta at all.
Yeah, in fact, conscripts are shit now!
Why?
Because muh terrain, and because nuh uh, that won't really work because [no reason given]

Yeah, I agree with you man, conscripts are totally shit now.

Non stop memeing over conscripts, everyone is forgetting 4 Plasma Scion commands with tempestor rerolls.
Hell, even motorised guard with 3 flamer, heavy flamer veterans with double heavy flamer chimeras are ridiculous with reroll wound orders.
Fuck it feels good to be a guardsman.

You can just look at the points section in the back, there is no HQ unit on that missing page.

Jesus Christ why would they do that instead of giving it to the kids or something?

>t. noiselet

>pretending no reasons were given
conscripts are better, yes, but they're only good as an assault screen or an objective holder, if you can get them to one, nothing else
they get deleted by any decent melee unit or other horde units, and can otherwise be pretty much ignored because their damage output is garbage
all conscript armies are 100% a meme

Wow you gonna kill my conscripts with those plasma guns? I'm literally shaking now. Flamers? More like lamers, they'll never kill enough. You glory boys just chill in the barracks while real men do the fighting.

I actually laughed out loud at how far in denial this post is.
Either a really tryhard conscript spammer, or someone incredibly assblasted that a unit in 8ed isn't balanced properly.

Admech has its own fleet arm, and most forgeworlds could readily build up thier fleets if needed- living in a giant factory has its advantages.

>no arguments
glad to see you get it now, user, sorry if I hurt your feelings
I'm sure you can get your money back on those guardsmen if you go cancel the order right now

whats better this edition?
embedded autocannon in veteran squad or standard HWTs?

I was thinking yes to both, but I'm interested in hearing your ideas in each combination of the scenario.

Building the larger ships can literally take generations to complete though. AdMech would probably lose due to attrition though the Imperium would probably get fucked by Chaos once it was all over with.

>Implying I won't use a blob or two as well.
You need multiple tools in that toolbox soldier.

Only the bolter squad can single out psykers, but everyone gets to reroll wounds on them. Otherwise, yea. Nothing in the SoB list gets to dump 10d6 shots a turn.

>no astropaths, no navigators, no gorillion tons of minerals and shit that they get from imperial worlds
Yeah you can polish you knobs on those big factories.

Lascannons in your backfield veterans is good, for 20 points more than regular guard you get bs 3+ and a second HWT.

>arguing with an emotional child

The arguments have already been made for me, and nobody has refuted them.
Don't know why you're so mad about conscripts being good, but thankfully it's not my problem.

I'm planning on basic quad plasma command squads or tri-plasma SWS. If the re-rolls really do work for plasma, this is going to be great.

on the fence with meltaguns...I don't see why I should take them vs lascannons since they still deal the same max damage.

Heavy Weapon teams, if only because the Guard elite slots are -stacked- with value already.

So, you have to set aside reinforcement points if you want to add units to your army, or replace units that have been destroyed. I assume this applies to the Tervigon's ability?
Does it also apply to reanimation protocols, since they are replacing a destroyed model? That would be really dumb.

for 5 bucks more, the missile launcher is better than autocannons in almost every situation (only worse vs primaris I think or termies)

Still not a safe assumption. For instance axes outperform maces vs t4/2+. Improving the harder roll is always better because gaining a die step is a bigger relative increase when you succeed on fewer results.

Well some of the knight worlds will supply stuff, rouge traders can supply navigators.

Not saying its easy; but the wider Imperium would need to keep its warmachine going while its soldiers are sharpening sticks because everything up to and including combat knives are being produced of STCs on the forge worlds.

They're fucking cunts

Why lie about something like this? I don't see the point

I'm not mad about them being good at their job, I'm glad they're good at their job.
I'm pointing out the various reasons why an all conscript-spam army is a meme, and will never work the way you want it to.
But be my guest and spend all that money on guardsmen models, I'll be happy to buy them off you for cheap when you don't make it past the first round at any tournaments.

the fabulous bob pasta and this pasta are shit
at least the bile one spawned a couple funny meme

arent autocannons better against MEQs?
they seem to be everywhere in my LGS

Youre right, i just bought 3 copies of the necron codex and 2 copies of the blood angels codex for shits and giggles

But why are IG players the most boring people in the world

>IG all flocking to field conscripts after they're deemed OP
wew
no better than taudar players, as it turns out

I doubt it's you to begin with

True, but the margins are very small.

FW updates yet, what the fuck is happening with my Siege regiment you artillery ruining cunts?

Replacing destroyed *units* yes.

Replacing destroyed *models* (while the unit it belongs to is still alive), nope.

Power corrupts.

Because they are inferior to the superior Death Korps players in every way?

Jawohl!

i dont have any kidneys left to sell, so i was going to go with scions supported with HWT support

I dunno user, the guard players at my LGS are all really nice guys, fun to play against, and are pretty normal people, as far as miniwargamers go, anyway.

>le death korps of krieg meme
Ahh, so epic

>death korps
Might as well make the jump and just play necrons.

I want to play Death Korps but I don't have the time or shekels for a Forgeworld blob army.

apparently not.

someone did the math in a table a few days ago.

krak missiles wound on 2+, ap -2
autocannons wound on 3+, ap -1

apparently, the double die slot advantage is enoguh to mitigate the loss of a shot

but korps players are IG players with a different coat of paint

But zen I wouldn't be able to speak in zis camp German accent every time I play!

My quick math says otherwise.

DKOK are worse than guard though
You pay more for much less
And FW updates when?

lel
fair enough

nice, you planning to hang on to those or try to sell them on ebay?

Ill probably hang onto some for the fluff, put the rest up on ebay for cheap, $10-15 each or the like so they can get into the hands of people who might actually use them

Forgeworld updates are coming by ze end of ze month mien commandant.
And no conscripts. because ve actually train our troops in dying properly.

I'm sure your opponents LOVE that.

How do I kit out Havocs now that the Autocannons went up in price? A 5 man squad with Lascannons?

Of course you can. Newcrons are mustache twirling cartoon villains.

remember you can split fire with impunity now. so it's ok to mix.

missile launchers or heavy bolters, imo
lascannons are better than missile launchers, but useless against armies without monsters/vehicles

You'll still want similar ranges and targets for line of sight purposes

ZIS IS PLATOON COMMANDER, I REPEAT, ZIS IS PLATOON COMMANDER, I NEED ARTILLERY STATS ON MY POSITION NOW

The virgin wargame

>uses a fair and cheap army with a neutral backstory to avoid any stereotypes
>all units are carefully painted before he will field them
>meticulously reads off the rulebook each turn avoiding eye contact with his fellow player
>doesnt speak up even when he sees someone doing an illegal move
>buys models he doesnt need in at the store everytime the staff make a pitch at him
>maintains a poor win/loss ratio despite being into the hobby and lore for years

The chad conquer
>gets given the best army in the meta by his waac friends
>has never applied a lick of paint in his life
>maintains undisturbed eye contact with his opponent the whole game
>loudly converses with everyone at the store and suggests the optimal moves to his rival
>best friends with the staff who regularly let him have free defect and oop kits
>always tops casual tournaments while being oblivious to the scene at large

>box of 10 cadians
>17€
>box of 5 cadians
>little over 5€
Wew. I bet the sales of the 5 snap fit guardsmen boxes has skyrocketed already
all those conscripts

Missiles are better versus guards, gants and orks because of the frag. Autocannons rule the realm of everything between space marine and raider that doesn't have a 2+. There are instances in that spread where the missile does more wounds per 1000 shots or whatever but the autocannon causes wounds more reliably. The missile launcher gains a slight edge over the autocannon vs t7 3+ and then pulls way ahead vs just about anything t8. Predator autocannon notwithstanding.

Because they're in the business of selling shit. Trashing unsold products is absolutely standard practice.

Urgh, I still don't know what army I want to play, and can't even work out which playstyle I even want.

We haven't seen any of the unit sheets, just the table of contents.

Well even though the numbers in the admech pale in comparison to the guard, it's possibly a slaughter due to the surprise and mass firepower of titans.
Guard techpriests just start hacking away at command around them and sabotaging the machines to do as much as possible before getting taken down by passed lasgun fire.
Possibly holding up in a command room, taking control of a well defended base.

only semi-related
whats better against MEQs for scions
volley-guns or plasma guns
if its any help, i was planning on using the taurox prime

well, maybe start with model numbers, whether you want elite guys or 500000 conscripts

I'd imagine plasma
volley gun is S4 Ap-1 right?

>already list tailoring faggot
Wow... the astra militarum nerf can't come soon enough.

How about vehicles/walkers/monstrous? I'm thinking the D6 krak wounds might matter vs those.

What are Wraithlords most effective at in 8th edition?
I've always wanted to get one, but I'm not sure whether to charge up to blobs with scatter lasers and chop at them with its sword or sit back and snipe with a couple bright lances.

I don't see the difference between an Aeldari player choosing to take more starcannons vs MEQ.

Yup. 5/18 vs 6/18 (ac high), or 15/36 vs 16 (ac high) against cover.

MLs are good against t7 though (tons of vehicles) and frags probably have a use.

>play emperor's children
0/10, didn't mention Heretic Astartes™.

Also, Noise Marines renamed to something like Deathshrieker Kakophonii™ when?