Best Warhammer video game?

Hello, Veeky Forums.

I know this isn't /v/, but what's the best Warhammer video game ever in your opinion?

youtube.com/watch?v=m5nHTKDc3rA

Dawn of War

Moving on

I like the Necrons.

Shoudl I try dark Crusade first?

Dawn of War 1 is the best rt strategy game, directly followed by battle fleet gothic
Dawn of War 2 Last Stand mode is best hack and slash
Space Marine best shooter
Chaos Gate is the best turn based strategy game.

You posted it.
It got the gothic style visuals better than any other and didn't rely on memery in order to present the different factions.

Just get all the expansions. Dark Crusade and Soulstorm have cool map campaigns. Multiplayer is best with soulstorm and all races unlocked.
Base edition and winter assault have nice story campaigns, but you will miss the stuff added in the expansions if you play DC or SS first.

Base game has best campaign

Dark Crusade is a repetitive game of Risk

>gothic style visuals better than any other
not anymore, but it is still the better game overall.

>but what's the best Warhammer video game ever in your opinion?
total war warhammer

but you probably meant warhammet 40k, which would be the first dawn of war series

In terms of Warhammer, not 40k, Mordheim City of the Damned is really good, they nailed the aesthetic of Mordheim, and the story missions are some of the most fun I've had for a while. It gives me great hope for the Necromunda game they are making.

>That clipping pauldron

AAAAAAH WHY

DoW 2 campaign is the closest we'll get to a WH40k Diablo game.
Space Hulk: Deathwing was pretty fun though.

Great game, they should shoot whoever designed the piss poor UI though.

How's Vermintide? I picked it up in a humble a while back but havent installed it yet

Ain't got Vermintide. The pic ain't vermintide its the Skaven warband from Mordheim COTD

News just in, GW armor is inviable IRL.

Picture left 4 dead, but with skaven.

Warhammer Total War

This sci fi shits for children.

Still waiting for a sale on mordheim, its on the list
the good bits of l4d or the boring ones?

>free moving instead of a grid

Vermintide is great fun, and still has a significant player base so you'll easily find a full game.

Gameplay itself feels really satisfying as a hack'n'slash. Requires teamwork and the levels are quite challenging on higher difficulties.

Dawn of War for strategy (1 and 2 primarily. 3 is a bit iffy but not outright bad)

Space Marine for rip and tear

Space Hulk: Deathwing for atmosphere and claustrophobia.

I finish up exams on friday, so looks like it'll be the game i binge on for a week

DoW 1 for gameplay, DoW2 for story and atmosphere.
How's Fire Warrior?

So when they tried to be more like the tabletop, instead of videogamy? Being able to hide behind a wall, or finding that one place where you can draw perfect line of sight is great!
Well you play a Demon prince of Khorne in pretty poor FPS, but the tone is cool. Shame that las-pistols are the best weapon for the first 5 missions.

*Fire Warriors killing Chaos Dreadnoughts*

As I said, demon prince of Khorne, Hell he even kills a Lord of Change.

Vermintide is excellent
it has a fuckload of depth, the only problem is the loot system kinda sucks
real good fun if you have friends to play it with

Hard to choose, but good are:

>All Dawn of Wars
for different reasons (probably listed by others), though DoW 3 desperately need some new content right now (new mp mode)

>Spess Muhreen
enjoyable as fuck, also, suprisingly great attention to detail lore-wise and introduction to the setting. Plus for unconventional orkz

>Battlefleet Gothic: Armada is unbalanced as fuck, but it feels great when your nova cannon rip a hole in enemy line.

>W40k: Armageddon is simplistic as fuck, but let's you use so shit that's usually not depicted in game (like shitload of tanks) and have fan campaigns system where you carry over your troops with you.

>Chaos Gate
is outdated, but has a great OST and is basically as close as you get to 40k: xcom

>Stellaris
is best strategy on grand scale (though it's technically neither grand strategy, nor 40k game), unless you're willing to try unfinished Chapter Master

Now, games that you might want to play, but you should be careful:

>Deathwing
Pretty stale and monotone. Enviroments looks absolutely perfect, but other than that there's little variety, especially to enemies. Proves that this format is NOT good for FPS

>Other slitherine games (guys from armageddon)
especially Sanctus Reach which adds animations, 3d graphics, overwatch system etc. but cuts other stuff from the game and has mediocre variety of units (only spess wolves and orkz with very few vehicles and no variants of those)

>Regicide
40k x chess

>Eisenhorn:Xenos
fun batman-esque mobile game and PC port that's not worth it

>Eternal Crusade
terrible at the beginning, now is getting a little better, but idk if it's ever going to be as good as they promised. it's f2p now, so anyone can check.

>Space Wolf
again - ok mobile game, bad pc game

>Space hulk games
I mean, if you like space hulk, but don't have money for real deal/friends to play with

so it's clear that overall best is Fire Warrior

didn't meant to blogpost, just a little reference for others

Good lad, as a player with 300+ hours on it, I can confirm you won't be disappointed

Chaos Gate was the best vidya. Just look up its soundtrack, heretics.

It's harder and more melee focused.
So left 4 dead 2 and no it's not as fun because guns are more fun.
Left 4 dead 2 vermintide mod when?

Left 4 dead 2 is shit compared to Vermintide

I've tremendously enjoyed Warhammer Battle March, but I've only VERY rarely seen anyone else be positive about it.

>I know this isn't /v/
So fucking go there

Accurate to 8E 40k.