How do you go about capturing a living building?

How do you go about capturing a living building?
Say a tower or museum became so stacked with the occult that it got up and left, how would you go about bringing it back and making sure it stays?

There's probably some focal artifact, a straw that broke the camel's back. Break in and either manipulate, remove, or destroy that artifact. Chances are its the last thing that was stored before the building went rogue.

Alternative methods would rely on the building's behavior. If it nests like a bird or hibernates seasonally, simply provide it a nest and tie it down. If it hunts, tempt it back to its foundation with livestock. Find out what it wants, then bait a trap.

So, basically, wait until it finds an alleyway somewhere to sit down and opens its doors to draw in more visitors, then chain that sucker to the floor?

Something like that. If it wants to eat people, then just open for business but keep it fed until you can find a solution.

Maybe some kind of protective goggles for visitors to guard them from the creeping arcane madness and such.

With an entire legion of my best troops.

How do you capture any living creature? Chains, cages, and negative reinforcement.

What if the earth is moving because of all the occult trinkets that are on earth?

We had better figure out some way to... drive it, then.

Or discover an occult trinket that simulates a sun.

Because we fucking need to be a certain distance from a sun at all times.

That's not what I meant. I mean, what if that settings earth was simply not moving, so that there whas one side of earth always in darkness and one always in light until some time ago wizards made some trinkets that created night and day as some kind of byproduct? What if they haven't stopped making trinkets yet?

Oh.
Then the magical contamination of the region must be so high that ALL SORTS of crazy shit happens.

Better triple check your loved one to make sure she is not, in fact, an assembly of spiders in a woman costume.

So every trinket is a monkeys paw. You get a scrying stone. And you also accidently created a desert. You made a sword +1. And also accidently started global warming.

I think I like that idea.

Magic is some dangerous shit. So, if you are in a relatively high fantasy setting, there should be some relatively major and society creating/altering fallout.

The least of which includes having to barter with your river so it lets you draw water without shrinking away from your buckets.

But how do you convince patrons that your museum is tamed?

Invite it to tea, and politely ask it to set a schedule or something. I mean, if it's already up and walking it's unlikely to want to stay in one place, but you might be able to work something out so that you could still know how to find it, rather than it just wandering wherever.

do what us humans been doing with living beings for ages, tame the fucker

>Wizard towers regularly uproot themselves to better position themselves along shifting leylines or the wizard just wants a change of scenery.

>Dungeons and their vast ecologies are simply the towers left over root system.

goddamnit wizards, is there nothing I can't blame you for?

By finding another living building and getting it pregnant with the other's abominable child so its parental instincts will cause it to settle down.

>And that my son is how baby developed properties are made.

Eminent domain

Use fire. Buildings hate fire. You can use it to corral it away from things you don't want.

I'd try to convince it to go adventuring with me. Who wouldn't want a walking, talking wizard tower buddy/waifu?

The GM.
Fucking encounter balance.