Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1554: Shiny Things Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/34427/Frame_Arms_Girl
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Guess Im gonna have to enchant myself up a magic wifi icon and carve it into my staf with enchanting. Thanks anyway.

it's not an import but there are Wi-Fi Submachine guns in overwatch so the technology to do it. Is there

When is it acceptable to take justice into your own hands?

all the time at the drop of a hat

Are there any perks similar to The Left Hand from Dragon Age Inquisition or Master Strategist from Homeworld?

Only when it's completely impossible to find someone cute to take it into hand for you.

I am Justice

Reminder that Light was a psycho that went out like a bitch.

Near was a mistake, Light won with L's death. I ensured it.

Like a bitch.

Have you ever built utopias, Jumpers? What was life like for the ordinary citizen?

Let me FTFY:
"Like a boss."

>Like a bitch
FTFY

No, you did it like a bitch.

Like a baller.

I killed everyone and was the last man on earth. It was pretty awesome.

I prefer meritocracies. My empires may have all the goodies, but you're going to have to earn them, damn it!

Really? Because I resurrected L just because I could.
Didn't even need obscure magic, there are a bunch of "if you get to them in x amount of time, you can bring them back" spells available in jumpchain, and I was right there.

Really threw a wrench into Light's whole... thing.

Whatever you say, limp dick.

Light lost when jumper showed up in his house and shot him in the face. I ensured it.

I mind controlled Humanity; I did what God should've from the start. People couldn't commit evil actions, couldn't even imagine them existing in some form.
My dick is always hard when it comes to the the Just and the Righteous.
Poor show on the part of evil Jumpers. I suppose some people just like rape and murder.

>My dick is always hard when it comes to the the Just and the Righteous.
Oh, don't worry, we all know that you get off to this. There was no need to tell us, it was quite clear.

Anyways, jumpers: When have you actually made the world a better place, instead of just going on a campaign of overzealous murder that makes bancho look restrained?

>Have you ever built utopias, Jumpers?

Technically I Only built one and started bringing it with me.

>What was life like for the ordinary citizen?

I'm a'gonna writefag this hang on.

>I suppose some people just like rape and murder.
Hell yeah I do. I made sure his mom and sister knew it, too.

So, in Ravenloft, what things are there to do/acquire? I took Merchant of Souls, and want some idea of what I should look out to get.

Daily reminder that this object of Good Will did more to combat evil than any judge's gavel or any lawyers degree. This is the ultimate gift to the moral and right.
I like to most unsolved diseases when I go to new worlds, as well as improve whatever services exist in that world. Free transit, clean electricity and plentiful resources are the things one should leave behind for their future's.

FTFM:
>cure most unsolved diseases

Why would kill Sachiko and Sayu? It's been a while since I saw the anime but aren't they completely innocent?

You're in a thread full of dicks asking if raping and murdering two people would be a dick move.

The obvious is attributes like STR, CHA, DEX, INT, CON, WIS, as well as magical knowledge and Feats. You could probably get away with completely breaking the rules of D&D by accumulating impossible levels of ability in all areas if you're smart and have good business sense.

Whatev moralfag.

I'm not very knowledgeable about DnD, especially not Ravenloft, what kind of spells do casters have at their disposal?

It's a meritocracy built up with pretty much every group of followers I could get throughout the chain. They kind of...intermingled after a while, so there's this massive island nation that pretty advanced technologically due to the science perks one of my companions has taken over time. They have their own government set up of their own creation that takes inspiration from various nations' governments, pieced together with what works best, with me and my companions at the top as a ruling council of sorts that very rarely steps in to interfere.

>Merchant of Souls
Don't you mean Dark Contract?

Average man's Daily life in banchô-user's polystate paradise
Monday 1 AM,weekly allotment of time on large-scale fabricator replenishes, that new flying car you've been wanting automatically begins printing.

First day Second through fifth hours uneventful sleep in your government guaranteed studio apartment.

6 AM morning ablutions, and breakfast .
7 AM through 10 AM walk to public green space, join public Buddhist palm lesson, smart tattoos monitor your movements, vitals and energy flow, you've been doing this regularly for a couple of years, so the blue belt achievement: Buddhist palm added to your life=game profile.

11 AM hour take hyper train to fabricator plant ,pick up new car, grab a batter dipped deep-fried 30% gourmet cell steak the size of your head at a drive-through, head to the outskirts of town to see test your car performance.

12 AM, you've gotten the hang of this car's controls and your away from most buildings out on the open ocean of the peninsula, life=game pings asking if you you would like to join an instanced race , you accept

12:30 AM come in second out of 12 in the race,life=game awards you designs for a personalized silver cup trophy available for at any minifaber

1 PM
first Place winner invites everyone over for a round of shots at his bar/apartment. Cordially accept

1:30 PM through 3 PM getting to know new people, drinking, exchanging friend requests

4 PM sobriety pills and heading to your workshop
5 PM through 10 PM begin personalizing/upgrading new car, up rating races on life=game
11 PM lockup garage and head home for bed
11:30 PM go to bed, sleep

>7 AM through 10 AM walk to public green space, join public Buddhist palm lesson, smart tattoos monitor your movements, vitals and energy flow, you've been doing this regularly for a couple of years, so the blue belt achievement: Buddhist palm added to your life=game profile.

forgot the pic

>build a utopia
>goes to hell in a handbasket as soon as I turn around
every time

Honestly, I tend to create post-scarcity environments where, through a combination of automated crop systems and matter converters, people can have everything they want for very little. On the one hand, this creates a situation where it's extremely simple to live day-to-day. On the other hand, this also creates large senses of aimlessness and ennui, so in instances where I'm actually trying, I tend to place a lot of societal emphasis on art, science, engineering, and military focuses. You kindof have to give people projects or they get weird ideas.
That's assuming I'm in charge, of course. I don't really take an active role in nation building, usually.

... and in places where I'm NOT trying, which is when I want a nation just to have it (like, for aesthetic purposes I guess?), I throw a Despair field overtop of everything. You know, from Actraiser? Really tears the fight out of them. Then people tend to just loaf around and I can suck up all that sweet, sweet Sloth Mantra energy.
So nice and cozy.

... but usually my mook armies and research stations are disorganized and small enough that they don't even really count as a nation, more like an Overlord's castle from Disgaea or some crap, or a particularly persistant Team Rocket, so this doesn't really come up a lot.
Nation building's usually too much work for me.

smack off the streets from black dynamite, my society from demolition man,deliver us from ACTRAISER

what are some good jumps with hybrid or half(?) origins or perks? making making a jump around being half everything.

What is there to do in Gundam 00?

eclipse phase, forgotten realms, primal roar,

I really hope that if you do make make a jump you make it possible for people to know what the hell you're going on about.

Kick Celestial Being in the dick for using out of context powers and technology that they couldn't possibly have counters to, let them see how it feels.

Excuse me, I meant "by using", not "for using". Though they do use out of context stuff that no one else has counters to, thus the "let them see how it feels".

And like that you've single-handedly made summoning chains viable for more than just mook-rushes and one-off spells.

Danny Phantom for Half-Ghost, Exalted: Mortals for half-whatever and Infernals for half-demons, Greek Mythology and Percy Jackson for half-god or half-titan... one of the Dragonball jumps probably has half-saiyans.

I know, right? He's just created a whole new style for Jumpers who might like to do stuff like that.
It's amazing how one single perk can make or break a whole play-style.

>just mook-rushes and one-off spells.

>implying that still isn't all Summoning is good for.

Reinforce the various militaries of the world so that a gang of terrorists can't go around shooting up anyone who engages in warfare (on both sides, doesn't matter if you're defending against imperialist invaders, you will get shot by them for it) with their physics-defying giant robots, leading to the eventual collapse of all human governments as they're absorbed into a single fascist super-state that would be terrible for everyone even if it hadn't been subverted and taken over from the inside by genetically-engineered supermen who see normal humans as little more than cattle. Seriously, fuck Celestial Being. "Create peace by killing everyone who fights" is a dumb plan even without Ribbons' corruption of it.

The fact that you not only tattoo tracking devices onto people but schedule every minute of their day while still claiming it is paradise bothers me.

Tera's a numbskull. Literally just filter him and move on.

wrong on both counts! Smart tattoos are basically cell phones that you don't have to worry about getting wet or dropping, purely elective!

Also I didn't set the schedule random example citizen did! I'm not that kind of guy!

thanks
sorry i'm mostly still asleep

Star Trek has a general hybrid option, Pacific Rim has Experimental Kaiju Hybrid, Young Justice has Half-Kryptonian and Kill La Kill has Fiber Hybrid.

Yep, Summon Monster III for 1d4+1 god mode celestial eagles. I'm not sure how I could alter it, but it feels like there should be something about it scaling according to relative initial usefulness, because aforementioned eagles being as powerful as a mother-fucking T-rex (Summon Monster VIII) seems a bit off.

Err, the TNG+DS9 Star Trek jump, to be specific.

Also, Jurassic Park, sort of.

I just stole the death note out of his desk, and left a smiley face on a sticky note in it's place.

I thought you styled yourself as a champion of freedom. Why the hell do you run a surveillance state that would make Big Brother say to give a little space?

Considering he went to the trouble of creating an elaborate trap that would torch the book with a freaking flamethrower if someone opened it wrong, that must've freaked him out.

news just in - tera is a hypocrite and an oaf

where are you getting the idea of a surveillance state? life=game is a social media integrated gameified scheduling app/mixed reality challenge game It has nothing to do with the government! Hell we actually respect and accommodate sovereign citizens for goodness sake!

Hey /jc/, while I know Kancolle lets you convert vehicles, and Hero BBS has a few options for converting weapons in the form of the dere-dachi, what are some other jumps/perks that let you convert items into people?

That was way too hyper specific the just be the average day of most citizens.

Binbougami's Artifact Spirit companion option.

I think Soul Eater lets you import a weapon, I think.

Soul Eater lets you convert weapons into people, too. Five Star Stories and UC Gundam let you turn mecha into people (though not human-shaped ones, you'll need to import them somewhere else to get that). And Binbougami lets you convert any object into a person.

newsflash authors can write with perspectives and knowledge characters don't have!

>still no generic mecha musume jump

Mechanic / Engineer would be the lewdest origin in that jump.

Depending on how you define people, Ensoul from CCS could probably pull it off. Kero feels like a person to me, and I'm pretty sure he was made by the in-setting equivalent of that perk?

That still doesn't effect the fact that the scenario was way too specific to be a wide-apread average of many peoples' day.

Pretty sure Ensoul creates new items/beings entirely?

no, and it Wasn't intended to be,it was intended to be a specific day of a specific citizen to give a Personal view into the life of someone who lives in The domain I share

Fun Fact; China is looking into a game-ification method to reinforce their key values. It gives people a score based on their spending and social media habits, weighted towards 'loyalty' to the government. And could expand along the lines of including productivity and scheduling.

Just, you know, a heads up. That kind of setup is so easily abused.

The perk says

>Any single magical abilities you have can be placed inside an item to be called upon more easily or used by others.

so I assumed it was a form of enchantment? Is that not the case? I've only read the manga, so... yeah.

fair enough, I'll keep an eye on The board of directors for the company that runs it,but really it was intended to keep people going out and doing things rather than steer anyone in any one direction

Just make a FAG or something
Frame Arms Girl

... Tell me they didn't actually name it that.

>Tera is LITERALLY a ChiCom
Tera will not grow larger

I've got a pretty neat nation in my own pocket dimension.

It's got a weird mix of all kinds of beings, from normal humans to wizards, elves, dwarves, vampires, draconians, pixies, asari, sburb trolls, dragon-blooded, beastmen, kemomimi, draenei/eredar, murlocs, golems, robots, androids, twi'leks, dragons, slimepeople, demons, gods, and various races of deva... And of course some strange hybrids of most of those, as well as genetic experiments I created.

In any case, aside from the somewhat ridiculous variety of different citizens, it's mostly a post-scarcity society where people don't /need/ to work to survive. But there's also a lot of ongoing projects, mostly in the arts and sciences (including magic), though martial pursuits are also allowed. The influences of deva with somewhat odd desires means there's also weirder stuff, which might not seem to have much point to outside observers. And the dragons still want to hoard shinies, so there's still a kind of economy, though it's mostly optional.

Mostly it's composed of floating isles with large cities build on them and large floating city-ships, as well as isles mostly composed of large water basins, surrounded by beaches for the aquatic residents (and vacationeers). People who want more privacy can live on smaller private isles or private ships, if they prefer.

Laws are lax, when they come up at all. Mostly not to harm/kill others in general, though odd local things are occasionally set by a deva lord (or other official promoted highly enough) notionally in charge of a city-isle. Mostly harmless, since such proposals have to be approved by me and my deva. The Kaleidoscopic Lizard banned the color grey, and the Shining One wanted to disallow roofs in his city, but eventually settled for at least one skylight somewhere in each house.

Anyway, life for the ordinary citizen's pretty relaxed... Their activities would likely vary a lot, depending who they are and what they feel like doing.

myanimelist.net/anime/34427/Frame_Arms_Girl

I am sorry.

But they would end up that way anyway once jumper gets strong enough, it would just take a little bit longer.

God damn it Japan.

I feel like the real problem is he fact that it makes more powerful summons less useful, because they won't scale as hard as the weaker ones.

Would Power Absorption/Mimicry work on The Gamer or other powers from the Gamer?

Keep in mind it did also say competency, so that would be a factor to keep in mind.

Why would that be the case? The more powerful ones start out more powerful, that means that after scaling they will still be more powerful even if that difference ends up being trivial as they both get stronger.

As you get stronger the summoning costs also get less relevant but the stronger ones cost more even if that difference in cost ends up being trivial as your resource pool gets larger.

seems pretty cool
>my own pocket dimension
how'd you create it?
>proposals have to be approved by me and my deva
also what's your role in all this?

I doubt it. The Gamer only works because Gaia is actively shoring Ji-Han up, the power isn't internal to him. You'd gain his ability to connect to Gaia, but in other worlds there would be nothing to connect to.

You would also need the Power is Jumper's for that to work I think.

All the time if you can fight the police who get in your way of justice. Sometimes old fashioned retribution is a good thing when the law won't do shit or isn't moral.

Depending on the world the police can just be mooks or an actual threat.

Main Chain created a utopia on Gunsmoke. There was no need for banditry anymore, because Slime Technology/Breeding basically made a lack of resources not a thing anymore. My only regret was that I didn't have enough time to consolidate what I did with it, on account I had only nine years total. But it was a beautiful, green place, with infinite water. And it all happened through my effort.

I wanted to stay there, but I couldn't. The multiverse called.

Not necessarily. The perk as written simply seems to guarantee a minimum effectiveness. Well, if both the high tier summon and the low tier summon are below that minimum effectiveness, why would the high tier scale that much higher than that minimum effectiveness, while the low tier would be brought to the minimum effectiveness? It seems like both would simply be brought to the minimum effectiveness point. Also, sometimes your resource pool isn't necessarily going to get larger, or it involves a permanent diminishing of your resource pool. Consider D&D where you have more or less fixed spell slot capacity. Or in Overlord (series) where, while it can be mitigated with an 800 point perk, some of the top tier summons require XP expenditures, e.g. permanent reductions in power, some of them seeming from canon comments to scale in cost according to overall level. Granted, outside of a Dragonball Z or Gurren Lagann level end jump, a Seraph Empyrean or Overlord Wiseman will almost certainly always be above that minimum usefulness threshold, particularly if you have any summon-buffing perks, but the fact that bottom tier summoning could be just as potent as them cast by the same person seems off to me.

I guess this is the part where, while the perk's good on it's own merit, you need to combo it with something else - e.g. perks or items to remove spell cost or make the cost negligible - to really make it practical?

I mean you could try to convince OAA to bake that into the perk, but remember that it is packed with a general "If you want something done right, your minions will fucking do it right" boost. Not much he could do with it at the moment without taking away from that first half.

>seems pretty cool
Thanks!

>how'd you create it?
I went with the Spirit of the Living World thing from Infernals, and then just imported it in Cracker_Jack's two jumps to upgrade it further.

Then just spend a lot of time making it bigger.

>also what's your role in all this?
Mostly, I just live in the cloud palace I got from the Kamigawa jump and relax when I'm there. Occasionally I increase the size of the pocket dimension.

I've got a lot of ceremonial functions (for which I sometimes show up) and get invited to most events (for which I show up more often).

Theoretically, I'm the god-emperor or something. Not sure what title to go with yet... Practically, I'm mostly an observer making sure things don't go really wrong, sit in on the rare councils to approve new laws, and make sure the deva and other city governing bodies stay reasonable in their (somewhat) inhuman perspectives.

Full rulership would be too much bother/paperwork, and I'd probably fuck things up while influenced by drawbacks at some point. So I've mostly got veto rights, and some influence as the creator of the place and ancestor of a good percentage of the population.

Though... technically, the deva are aspects of me, and they handle most of the actual governance (insofar as that exists), aside people who get promoted into those positions on merit. So I'm sorta in charge in that sense? But they're also their own people, so not really.

There's also the state religion being me-worship, but it's not required for anything and not really widespread amongst the populace. Still, they know that a well-timed call for aid can help in emergencies.

What the fuck would you write in to the perk and have it make sense?

This seems like something you'd need to just cover with other perks, rather than have one do everything.

What's your color scheme for your power armor? Why?

>inb4 Vantablack