Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Anim-memes, edition.

Previous thread:
Daily Dancan: youtube.com/watch?v=TkroHwQYpFE

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-ynnari/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/white-dwarf-preview/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qN0lPXmH-GQ
1d4chan.org/wiki/Knights_Inductor
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How good is this guy now? And how good are knights now?

Knights are gay. They are about as good as a big gay unit.

Let's have a nice, clean, meme free thread

First for Conscript: will it blend? Edition

How I get this color?

Buy Mephestion red?

Knights have taken a hit.

Blasts aren't as good anymore and I think their 4++ against shooting from one arc is now a 5++ all around.

Destroyer and Stomps are also gone.

All Lords of War are kind of lack luster now.

I think Knights all also approach 500 points with all of their weapons options.

Conscripts are new top tier unit prove me wrong.

>Dangels are gay
>Conscripts
>Noiselets

Can i build an army with militarum tempestus and death korps of krieg? I love the models but I want it to be a decent army to play too. Never played IG.

So can I add some Tzeentch daemons to my army but keep rubrics as troops?

>tournaments introduce timed turn rules
>conscript memesters shocked as their investment loses any value it had (we'll never know, because no game was known to be finished that involved conscript spam before the ruling)

Yes.

Your Tzeentch Daemons will not benefit from any Thousand Sons rules though, obviously.

Just use the keyword Tzeentch

When the inevitable conscript nerf comes around will they increase the point cost of conscripts or the cost of support characters?

For all this talk of Conscript nonesense, do most tables even have enough room to make that viable?

It won't come. Enjoy facing it for an entire edition.

Wow, people get really upset about Conscripts apparently.

If you have proper terrain they most likely wont be able to move effectively.

>enjoy facing a list nobody is going to play
lol k

>conshits meme spammers are commie faggots
This is like the least surprising combination ever

I haven't played 40k since 4th. All I have are nids but none of the new big bugs. What should I pick up? Anything essential?

If they increase the cost of Conscripts to 4 points they become useless. Their cheapness is the only thing making them a competitive choice.

That's why support characters will probably go up in price, to make them more vulnerable to snipers. But as this user said, I doubt it'll happen until Guard at least get their own codex.

Eldar, tau and marine players cant handle the fact that Guard are good. Losing their damn minds.

B but my starter box my Chad marines my Eldar gay fags weeeehhh

Now that orks and tyranids and Guard are great they are butt rumpled to the max.

Okay, bear with me for a second.

Suppose I want a mechanized infantry army. Can this work, or is it too points-inefficient?

>Take 6 Infantry Squads
>take Command Staff (3 company commanders, 3 commissars, 2 priests because I only have 2 priest models)
>pile 4 squads into Chimeras with double bolters, 2 squads into Tauroxes (chimeras allow officers to be carried)
>run the whole kitten caboodle straight up to 12"
>disembark
>proceed to fuck up the bad guys with rank fire at 12" from bs4+ dudes who haven't taken any casualties from marching across the field
>if charged, fall back and fire/fight by squad
>???
>profit

Conscript reporting

I don't know why people are so confident that IG conscripts/taurox are going to be nerfed given the Eldar situation from 7th

it's a joke user, why are you so upset at people enjoying a game? is it because you have trouble enjoying things?

Not only that, but can they even fit all that in their deployment zone?

And won't they always be going last because they'll always finish deploying last?

Shut up fag. You don't get to post anymore, you're done.

You know that pairing your forced meme with soviet trash makes people hate it more, not less, right?

Does anyone have access to the indexes? if so please take a picture of the missing page from the custodes faction, I need to put this to rest

What about Sydonian Dragoons? Their incense cloud means that Conscripts are always hitting on 6's, and their speed means they can tie Conscripts up before they can get anywhere improtant. They're also cheap, have high toughness, and have a decent amount of attacks.

As a Tau player and apologist I'm really glad Guard are gonna be not shit. I look forward to line fights and tank battles with my local Guard player

Yeah, just like they haven't adjusted AoS point costs.

Conscript spam faces a number of practical concerns (I'm ignoring the actual game balance issues, because conscript memers make a number of fundamental errors in their mathhammer, but refuse to acknowledge them. There's literally no talking to that cult about math).

These practical concerns (movement taking hours, nobody actually has that many models, the likely command point requirements in tournaments, etc) will make it so that very few people actually buy into the meme.

You misunderstand. Most conscript memers are eldar, tau, and marine players, butthurt that their cheesey strategies are absent in 8th. They're looking to defame 8th edition, in the hopes that we'll go back to 7th, where they reign supreme. This is why we still haven't seen anyone with a conscript battle report, despite numerous battle reports of every possible combination being out.

they're both keyword , so yes

Even at 4 points they'd be worth taking.

It's a forced meme and it's merely pointing out that the people pushing that meme are ideologically and mentally retarded.

They're going to leave it for quite a while so everyone spends $$$$ on conscripts then they will jack up the points cost so they have to buy something else to be competitive again.

nah at that point you might as well spend 1 extra point for the BS4+ guardsmen. there's plenty of bullshittery to be done with them too, ranks of guardsmen falling back over each other, etc, it's only their cheap points cost that makes conscripts a viable choice right now.

So if nid hive fleet found a nurgle garden world (in real space) Who wouyld win? would the nids nom the organic matter and overcome nurgle's decay or would the daemons in the world just fuck nids up? (also take into consideration the shadow in the warp would completely prevent or strongly limit nurgle reinforcements from the warp) How dependant on warp-presence and psyche are nurgle plagues? how adaptable and resistant to shit are tyranids?

My Inquisition and SoB got an off nerf.

It's going to be hard to fix (model wise since they don't sell them) that nerf in the near future

500 conscripts is a meme, ~100 isn't. They're an extremely good/overpowered unit in a faction that already has a ton of extremely efficient units.

>conscripts can't take orders
there i fixed it, they're really good as a tarpit and screen but that is all

I feel dirty, but I'm actually considering buying some Noise Marine upgrade kits from GW and building some "offical" noiselets.

My counts-as CSM squads just don't feel Slaaneshi enough

We are here because of the story and setting. No one would be playing 40k if they didn't love the fluff.

what might that nerf be

Use primarus legs.

Chimeras cost a hundred points. I'd probably want to stick something more worthwhile then 40pt infantry squads.

With the marching order you can move 12+2d6 forward the first turn without chimeras.

>Poorly trained: Conscripts are hastily raised troops pressed into service before their training is truly complete. While their numbers are impressive, this lack of training results in some disorganization and unreliable morale in the face of the horrors of the 41st millenium. As a result, Conscripts cannot be issued Orders.

>Kitten caboodle

Lol user. "Kit and caboodle". Not kittens lol

this is probably what will happen, but it will be seen as such a nerf, that people will stop taking them altogether, even if they're still pretty good

it would be too much anti-fun all at once, user

if only they hadn't gotten rid of the leadership mechanic altogether like a crazy ex girlfriend burning their ex's clothes, this wouldn't be a problem at all, but how do you balance a game when half of the stats don't do anything anymore?

Now that the dust has settled, whats the concensus:

Is 8th edition good or not?

It's amazing and perfect. With codex releases and book updates it will be even better.

lol u mad little retard

Don't be such a nidpicker

Except that would make them 100% useless. I would hope they didn't drop the nerfhammer THAT hard.

>not out
>dust has settled

It's twice as good as 7 ever was.

No. Conscripts are useful because they can blob up and maximize the usefulness of auras and orders.

A company commander can order 20 infantry around, or 100 conscripts.

If infantry squads could blob up, no one would give a shit about conscripts.

It has serious issues. It's the Mass Effect Andromeda of 40k. It needed a lot more playtesting, a lot more proofreading, and they should probably have given a lot more thought to the repercussions of AoS. That said, it has a lot of positive improvements, and once they actually fix it, it'll be good. They just shouldn't have rushed it, goddamn GW, we could easily have waited until Christmas.

>This is why we still haven't seen anyone with a conscript battle report
We've had plenty of reports of people who had to face around 100 conscripts and the general reports have been that they were unreasonably hard to shift. The only reason people don't field more is because they don't own more.

The chimeras aren't there for mobility, they're there to keep the infantry alive while they advance. This way when you get to shooting range you have all 60 men, not 60 minus an alpha or two of shooting casualties.

And a Chimera has a move of 10+d6, which is really a bonus.

Between those two and the fact that infantry can take flamers and are bs4+ I think it has merit.

You got owned little kid. Blown the fuck out like the unwanted child you have always been.

Inquisitors are rather worthless.
No more acolyte psykers or proper Mixed DCA, Crusader mixed squads

Flamers are rather bad for how much they cost.

Retribution squad with heavy bolter are the new thing that works. (A unit that no one had more than one) each HB girl cost $14 USA dollars and they are out of stock

I simply can't fix the issue without going third party or recast

If conscripts somehow manage to defy the laws of physics and play on the tabletop as the memers are imagining in their heads, and that's a big if, then I'm confident GW will do something to tone them down.
The reason being that they've said they will be making adjustments to achieve better balance in the game for 8th, just as they are doing with AoS.

Yes it's good. Armies are more balanced than they have been in years. Rules are a lot simpler and they removed a lot of the bloat.

>It has serious issues.
Like what?

I'm genuinely curious

Lol nidpickers are everywhere.
I swear there a diamond dozen.

>This is why we still haven't seen anyone with a conscript battle report, despite numerous battle reports of every possible combination being out.

You're getting at least one from me user, I'm playing the Conscript Spam army on day 1.

Which vehicles should I get for a fresh army? I Only have the Primaris from the DI box. Is the Whirlwind any good? What about the Predator? I like the Land Raider with flamethrowers.

>I simply can't fix the issue without going third party or recast

Well, if you will insist on playing SoB.

Wait for the new hover tank

What's your list? I'll look forward to reading the report.

It was a rather fun army for 10+ years 8th drop and well my collection needs too change in order to work. Change that can't be done right now

>I haven't played 40k since 4th. All I have are nids but none of the new big bugs. What should I pick up? Anything essential
Ork player who's been keeping an eye on the nids here:
I'd recommend getting a Swarmlord as an HQ choice, because the buffs he gives the troops are scary as hell (since most of your bugs can move 8" now) to any small model count army like, say, Tau or Grey Knights.

Especially Tau.

Honestly the biggest thing I see is the cost. For 500 conscripts, if you buy the snap fit box of 5 guys for 9 USD, that's costing you around 900$........

Then you have to spend fucking years painting hundreds of monotonous figures......

I think it will be quite common to see guard armies feature a blob or two of conscripts. But I think the practical restrictions won't see people playing too many 500 conscript spam armies.

>my toy game wins are the only thing keeping me from swallowing a lead breakfast

I want to do some reasonable marines, but I'm not sure on the color scheme. I definitely don't want to do some retarded camo scheme.

Any suggestions for something distinct but not bright or gaudy?

It seems decent

Every army seems at least vaguely playable and the shitter armies finally got their turn to be good

Real codexes will make it truly shine though since currently it's just Aos release tier

The rules are simpler and yet a lot deeper.
Go watch some of the battle reports out there. You can tell people are legitimately having to consider their positioning, movement, and what will be shooting/charging what a lot more carefully.
Literally the only thing the memers have is conscript spam, which I 100% guarantee won't play out like they think it will on the tabletop.
If the only complaint people have is that one unit _might_ be too good, then that sounds like a pretty good game to me.

No not really. Those 6 tanks mean 10 kitted out squads you're not taking. If you think the opponent will shoot 100 men down in a turn, you're wrong.

Taroux are okay this edition. Chimeras are shit.

>And a Chimera has a move of 10+d6, which is really a bonus.
>Going slower is a bonus
U wot m8

A dark military grey sort of color? Or a darkish brown?

It would still require considerable firepower or a dedicated assault to shift them when paired with a commissar or two.
They'd still be excellent objective holders, assault screens, and ablative wounds for the shit you actually want to protect. You know, the thing that they're supposed to be.

Here's a low point horde game with some conscripts.

youtube.com/watch?v=qN0lPXmH-GQ

A lot of really weird rule combinations that shouldn't happen. A lot of really poorly worded rules too. Theres a rumour going around that the FAQ will be twice as long as the actual rules are.

For example, flamers hitting flyers automatically is very weird, and I think most people would agree, very un-fluffy.

There's also issues regarding transports, for example, a transport has to dump out all it's passengers before it moves, which results in the transport being much closer to the enemy than the unit it was carrying. This seems to go against the idea of a "transport", to transport units across the battlefield, and people have pointed out, this will result in some very weird situations involving assault phases.

There's some famous examples of oversight, like the Celestine unit entry having no limit, so you can take as many Celestines as you like. According to someone who proxied models to do this, that army doesn't work very well, but still, it's weird to leave stuff like that out. It's something people noticed within a few hours of the rules getting leaked, but the designers didn't notice in the months they spent writing it.

Some "flying" units don't have the "fly" special rule, and while there are only a few examples of this, it means that some units you would imagine to be flying around in the sky are not only vulnerable to short range flamers, but also being assaulted in close combat by units that shouldn't be able to reach them.

The target-priority rules regarding characters gets pretty silly, especially when you consider that as long as a single model stands between you and Guilliman, you must target that model, which conjures images of Guilliman picking up other models and using them as human shields... not exactly very "heroic".

You mean the Knights Inductor?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Knights_Inductor

/tg has you covered, user

jesus christ you're furious huh
that's pretty funny

They've taken a hit, but are actually reasonable to fight against now
Stomp is OP and may get a nerf, as it makes the chainsword and gauntlet useless

I'm still gonna make an army of them

>typos
>flamers hitting stuff
>I disagree with character stuff

"serious issues"

Oh man, they'd be the ultimate leggy boys

>he hasn't read the rules
wow what a moron

welcome to Veeky Forums

Looking at running Blood Angels 1st Company using the Space Hulk minis.

I've also got some random other stuff including an old Terminator sgt to fill out the second 5-man squad.

So, I'll have at least 1 Terminator Captain, Terminator Librarian and 2 Terminator squads (one with AssCannon, one with heavy flamer) to start with.

What would you lads suggest to add in from there?
I'm planning on rolling fairly small and elite so I can take my time painting each mini.

>The target-priority rules regarding characters gets pretty silly, especially when you consider that as long as a single model stands between you and Guilliman, you must target that model, which conjures images of Guilliman picking up other models and using them as human shields... not exactly very "heroic".
This is the same shit as 7th. You could hide a character in the back of a unit and models got shot from the front.

The Ork Battlewagon rule "Mobile Fortress" isn't very well worded. As a result it's unclear whether the passengers inside the Battlewagon benefit from it's rules.

Then there's the idea that, with some lucky positioning, a flyer can be used to snipe characters. As long as a flyer is closer to an enemy character than any other enemy model, it can target that model with all of it's firepower. People have been joking about Ork Dakkajets covered in sniper rifles. The idea of a plane in the sky being able to pinpoint a single model with what would (fluff wise) be very wide-area affecting weapons, and being better able to pick out enemy characters than, say, a squad 6 inches away, is pretty weird.

There's a lot of questions that the FAQ is going to have to address. In our store we've begun to use the term "MOAFAQ", Mother of all FAQ's, and when people ask difficult questions, we call them MOAFAQers. It's the little things that pass the time, you know.

These are just the issues that sprung to mind when you asked. There are a LOT more, and my answer to most of them has been "Wait for the FAQ", and just me sincerely hoping they actually address these issues.

It depends on what you want to do with the list, how many points, etc. Sounds like you have a great deep strike force that will work really well to disrupt and remove enemy special infantry.

I guess add some Sternguard vets in there so you keep your termies back for deep striking