Warhammer 40k general

Index Xenos edition

Bob Ross: youtube.com/watch?v=TkroHwQYpFE
>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-ynnari/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/white-dwarf-preview/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for how the fuck do I play Tau now?

Combined arms, with kroot skirmishers, stealth suits and pathfinders, fire warrior gunlines, hammerheads and an occasional heavier suit

Lots of fire warriors, a couple broadsides, gun drones, crisis suit commanders, one or two units of pathfinders, sniper drone teams, you have lots of good options.

>tell me more
Essentially it's an Ork mob charging across a table single-file in order to maintain unit cohesion. Now with stuff like Ghazzy's +1 attack buff, an Ork player can (in theory) have Ghazzy hang back a bit while the chain of boyz charges forward single-file toward the enemy and then mob the target in a charge and still stay in 6" of Thraka to get the attack buff.

Why is it that every single shitty 40k general thread has some stupid anime weeb meme video?

Why do these mouthbreathing retards dirty our fair general?

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHY CANT I WIN WITH 6 RIPTIDES ANYMORE
Holy shit kill yourself, Tau are still ridiculously strong if you have the skill to play them.

nth for CAWL IS A FUCKING HERETEK

advanced targeting arrays and burst cannons
gun drones
why are you questioning? Tau are still hilariously strong

SoB and Inquisition got nerfed hard.

>you have lots of good options.
>sniper drone teams

Um

Even at their best sniper drones are 2 shots each at bs3+ S5 AP0 1 damage, and that requires both a marksman and somebody else with a drone controller system and being in RF range

I cant imagine a situation where sniper drones are worth their points

Lictors can tie up squads of conscripts quite easily, forcing ig to waste their orders on getting back into the fight after falling back.

And Im asking how to do that

I only have 1 riptide, I never really got into 7th edition

I don't play SoB, explain differences?

No they can't. No one is actually going to run equal points to the Lictors with their conscript blobs.

Post Necron lists.

Where are the non-shoot Primaris marines? Why make even bugger marines that should be great for close combat and then waste time on giving them slightly better guns or huge jump packs

Looks like those FW suits will be some delightful additions

Yes! Veeky Forums needs more necron love!!

This universe belongs to us and you should all respect us for it!

Story short. Their units that where worth a damn for 10+ years do not work now.

The replacement unit is something that needs at least 5 models that cost $14 each and are not sold.

Retribution squads where a rare sight so most only have 1 squad.

While Battle Sisters squads with flamers and dominion squads with melta that abunden for a decade are rather luckluster by comparison to retribution or even Seraphims

In other words they need to change and even if they are willing to pay they can't

GW doesn't care about you and never has, why don't you understand this yet. You were soft-squatted years ago. Just play a real fucking army.

>bigger so they must be meant for close combat

No you idiot

Bigger means you can use bigger ranged weapons

Riptides and Stormsurges arent made bigger than crisis suits because the Tau want to punch people

Like orks :^)

Okay. Simple solution? Replace their shit with AM heavy weapon teams? Celestine buffs AM units afterall.

Y'Vahra is the new autotake

I still say that the ork mob loses just as many, if not more attacks from that strategy than just having them charge together.

>I only have 1 riptide, I never really got into 7th edition
Orkfag here:
Keep your Riptide, it's essentially the Tau's version of a 'Distraction Carnifex'. It might be worth more points, but it's still decent.

All your heavy weapons (Broadsides, Hammerheads, Crisis Suits in general), cost more now, so you should buy some more troop units (Fire Warriors, Kroot, etc) in order to support your heavy units.

Find a balance between that and heavy support.

Also, strategy-wise you'll need to move your forces around a lot more on the tabletop because the horde armies are now able to get into close combat a LOT faster in 8e than they ever could before.

Does anyone know why can't dark angels and blood angels take contemptors? It feels especially stupid because they could have just put the unit in the chapter specific list

Mathing it out
Pop a nova at 8''

Against a Lemon
6 wounds plus .6667 mortals
10.5 wounds
total of 16.5 wounds plus 0.6667 mortals pre-save one turn

With an ATS ionic cannot be saved and the flamer is saved on a 6+

Thing is brutal against vehicles.

Nope. sisters are beast now. Try em.

Because CSM aren't allowed them.

1) Marines aren't Tau
2)These guns aren't really much bigger
3)Primaris marines have extra attacks by default

Don't respond with a "Um."

It weakens your argument and makes you look less knowledgeable than your post would otherwise appear.

It is also an unnecessary insertion as it is used in speech as an unfortunate place holder.

>Orks are a melee race
>I2
>Now everyone is an I2 melee race if you get charged
>Considered best edition for assaulting

Poetry

They have extra attacks because they cost twice as much. They are literally no better in CC than tac marines, in fact they're worse against anyone with weapons that do more than 1 damage.

Depends how good the R'varna is really.

IG HW just for a 6++ if Celestine stays within 6" of them?

That is rather lame but the HW teams sounds like a good idea, if only the rest of the SoB thing where worth a damn. Oh well at least Exorcist still works like before

Any goddamn TITANS leaked yet? I wanna know if mine'll be fair to bring to regular games.

Um

Thanks for the advice sweetie, but fuck off!!

So how was the streamed match today? I missed it unfortunately and I really wanted to know how crons did

Oh please let me know how.
If you say retribution squad you might not play SoB.

The issue is SoB do not have the models that work now. In theory they do, but trying to buy the one that do is not possible since they are not sold

Since it seems like the FW suits won't drastically change.
The 107 will likely maintain that long range artillery battery type role. How Clusterfire works remains to be seem but it may become a horde fucker

>I wanna know if mine'll be fair to bring to regular games.
The answer is no, you fucking retard. Titans will never be allowed in regular games, they're for apocalypse.

Crusaders and Death Cults got more powerful. The fact that they have Zealot and Crusaders have Acts of Faith is pretty great. Get a Priest near either of them and Crusaders get 3 attacks twice a turn and Death Cults get 5 attacks.

Inquisition Acolytes are still strong, but you don't have as much fun mixed blob units. Still, give them needle pistols and mauls and that's a solid 14 point model that's pretty good at beatsticking. Really nice that you have look out sir 2+ for the Inquisitor.

Rate my list:

>Superheavy Detachment: 2000 points
>Land Raider Terminus Ultra

So I haven't had much time to read through all of it, but basically to run my white scar army I have to do a "Outrider Detachment" to field all my bikes?

Anyone got any experience using bikemarines in the new edition?

Knights, Stormsurges and Wraithknights are fair in normal games now.

politely refuse to play/10

Those aren't true titans and they're already straining the upper limits of the scale the game can handle. Most people will refuse to play against an all-knight army regardless of fairness just because it's fucking boring.

Maybe walking those guys now could be possible.

Since nothing seem to die in this edition.

8 heavy flamers did nothing to 30 orks. Bloody 5++ and mad dok special character and his 6+ ignore wound

your entire post is an unfortunate place holder

No more boring than 8000 conscripts famadonk.

>deploys 120 stealers with toxins and broodlords and some rippers to keep you entertained till the swarm gets there

Your choice if you want to accept it or not, but using an obsolete gap filler in conversation when discussing something makes you look like an derp.

Think about it.

Can't decide between Blood Angels or Grey Knights as a standalone army.

Blood Angels have most of the standard Space Marine toys and have lots of buffs to make them really choppy.

Grey Knights are very limited but their weapons all do D3, or more damage and with Hammerhand they can hit well above their weight, wounding stuff that is T8 or more on a 5+ and purgation squads can walk and shoot now which is really cool.

Protip: Bikes do the exact same thing for marines and rock because they can put more guns AND be tougher, rather than be more melee and tougher.

for 200 points you can have a flamer immolator and 5 flamer sisters in your deployment zone turn 1. d30 flamer hits and d12 heavy flamer hits is one strat i heard about.

>I still say that the ork mob loses just as many, if not more attacks from that strategy than just having them charge together.
Not necessarily.
With the advent of 8e rules, an Ork mob of 30 boyz can have a blob of 20 or so boyz at the start with the remaining 10 trailing behind it in conga line formation in order to still retain Ghazzy's buff (which is irritating because Thraka can only be in Goff armies according to the rules now).

It also depends on whether or not the mob is armed with Choppas and sluggas, which adds +1 attack to their normal 2 attacks. Charging headfirst into an Ork mob is tantamount to suicide unless you've got a 2+ save or something, because the potential amount of wounds coming your way is nothing to scoff at.

>implying anyone would play against that either

That's cool bro I'll be spending the entire game spinning my models in place, making little pew pew models as I roll my dice and occasionally tearing at my shirt and screaming LAND RAIDER TERMINUS ULTRA.

What are sentinels good for this edition? Are they even worth the points?

Do you want a few more guys but weaker individually or stronger but less in number?

Do you like red or silver?

Do you like the look of normal terminators or grey knight terminators?

Really it comes down to preference, grey knights and blood angels are probably about the same in power level (mid-ish tier) but grey knights are better in melee individually and have great shooting while blood angels get marine toys like predators and centurions.

but remeber thraka only grants +1 attack on sucessfull charges that are made within 6'' of thraka.

so its probobly not worth it

They seem okay. Kinda unsure if giving mine plasma cannons was wise now, but oh well.

yes. to both.

>The replacement unit is something that needs at least 5 models that cost $14 each and are not sold.

What unit is that?

They're tougher heavy weapons teams for a moderate amount more points.

Scout sentinels are actually pretty decent since the only difference is 4+ save versus 3+ in exchange for a free 9" move.

Even plain multilaser sentinels are fine although I want to try heavy flamers at least once.

That's okay, orks are high tier enough now to comfortably accept a few inefficiencies in a list without sweating the loose change.

5?

That is with the Dominion squad. The squad that till 8th was melta only metal models.

I proxy that and tested it. Seems to only work against multi wound models. Versus everything else they are found wanting.
That was with my opponent deploying close enough to work

Replace one Land Raider Terminus Ultra
With 100 Conscripts, 2 Commissars, and 1 HQ no more than 40pts

Different user, and I mostly agree. However, I will say that we can still push the armored spearhead pretty well. I played a fairly large game yesterday with 2 flamer, 2 MM, 1 HB immolators and 2 exorcists. The rhino chassis in general is very durable, and the 2d6 12" range on the Immolation flamer is rather nice, especially since boyz don't want to charge it.

I think we need to consider shifting the flamers to Dominions and the meltas to the troops. There's something to be said about getting a free 12" move, then a 3" disembark and a 6"+advance move, and another 12"+6" advance on the immolator and all still being able to shoot their flamers. Having the MM with the scout is nice for positioning if you need it, but the beauty is that you don't have to choose who gets what until the game starts.

I think melta shifting to the troops is going to be a common thing because if how expensive they are now. It's better to put them onto a cheaper throwaway unit than risk having 5 die all at once.

Retribution Squad. Each HB girl cost $14

They are one of the few units that are actually reliable enough.

>that one out of place photoshopped sister superior

>forgeworld sneak peak about index xeno
>no eldar sneak peak

>firm disagreement

I can tell you, as a sister of battle player myself, this is bullshit.

HB rets are great. I wiped a squad of lootas with T1 act of faith and then chopped away at da boyz

They aren't great. Scouts were good before for linebreaker and harassment. Armored were good for tying up infantry units in close combat because most couldn't hurt AV12 and both Scout and Armored were good for heavy weapons on the go because they were relentless.

Now that they are -1 BS on the move just like infantry and they get hurt by any gun, there is less reason to take them. There is some talk that Scout Sentinels with Heavy Flamers and Chainswords are worth it, but they are still only 1 attack in close combat.

They both move a lot faster now, Scout being 9 and Armored being 8. I was excited to use mine, but I will probably shelve them. 1 single Scout Sentinel with Heavy Flamer and Chainsaw is 54 points. For that I could get 2 Mortar heavy weapon squads and do significantly more damage.

Busting into the enemy lines, flaming and assaulting is nice, but they aren't durable enough to be worth the points. You're better off spending the points on Chimeras with heavy flamers and rolling up with Veterans with heavy flamer and flamers.

What should I arm them with?

Yep it seems my Melta Dominions are now flamer dominions, and he Flamer Sisters are the melta sister.

The old flamer/melta for troop/transport is flamer/flamer and melta/melta.

Oh. I already have like 13 of those, I'm good.

Scout sentinels have an insane T1 threat bubble with a 9" move, a 9" scout move and access into decent ranged weapons for cheap and are more durable than they used to be

4pts vs 40 points is a pretty big jump.

They're still pretty good though as a cheapish durable heavy weapon.

They fill FA slots for cheap too, which can help for filling out detachments and getting CP.

I think I prefer Armored though.

I never thought of it like that. Good point.

Why on earth did you have 13 HB sisters?

I had 6 PE and 18 Repentias. Mostly because I liked the models.

>Currently playing DE
>Want to start something new
I'd personally love to start a whole chapter of pure Primaris, but some of the models (the Captain) look lame
I've also got a Word Bearer list too, but i want to see how the Contemptors stack up in 8ed

Guess i'm just looking for something new - thoughts?

I have a feeling 9 point sisters are going to be great if 8th shapes up to be swarm edition.

A squad of 15 can put out a lot of dakka with acts, and be annoyingly hard to shift in cover.

Nids.

>if 8th shapes up to be swarm edition
>if

Is there a compilation of fluff changes / leaks?

Not really you need constant AoF and lucky rolls to be worth a damn.

Normal girls are not really worth it. Retribution are the thing and Dominions can work if you replace meltas with flamers (yes that's is almost Heresy for SoB)

7th edition apologists please go and stay go.

I have 3 Penitent Engines and 28 Repentia (+3 Mistress). I've just bought a lot of SoB over the years.

would a squad of 10 Tsons with warpflamers be a good screen against any pesky genestealers/ork boys that it looks like i'll be certain to face?
for their points that is

Do you faggots do this on purpose, or is there a massive influx of newfags I'm not aware of?

That's how they were played in 5th edition, actually. The twin linked AoF on the doms made them brutal with the flamers.

Seraphim are better than I thought this edition if they have inferno pistols. I tried it out for the first time yesterday and realized I could dump my shooting AoF on them, kill what I was engaged with, and then move along to the next target. Basically, I nuked 2 Kans, then moved 12" and essentially landed right next to his Warboss who was then the closest unit by far.

Malanthrope is an untargetable 9 wound toughness 5 venomthrope that doesn't have to be purchased in units of 3.

I think venomthropes just died as a viable unit.

I have at least a 2500pt brigade of sisters, but I actually don't have any of the penitent models. I've always wanted to buy repentia because they're remarkably cheap$ all things considered.

if you wanna protect a corner or something sure. but i think they can move+advance and charge or you know make charges from 9" away

Biggest issue is any scary melee can be 8.1" away, outside your range so you cannot overwatch, and need only an 8" charge
>(41% without factoring in any rerolls.)

Don't really care so much about the rules, just disappointed that SoB will never have new models.