Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/, Pathfinder, and Starfinder)

How good are you when it comes to non-mechanical character development? Do your characters ever change in personality over a campaign? Are you poor at it?

Link repository; point out problems if found: ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3/?pageforid=5161290#post-5161290
docs.google.com/document/d/1grzUUNXCPaVrhvrh2-ePOBKnxWDuqdHLTH77dcMZhiE/edit#heading=h.8sby2ko2a9xu
app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5162384/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First post for beastmen daddies best daddie!

A Rougarou might actually make for a good and caring daddy, you should apply as one for Wrath of the Righteous!

I will purge all filthy beastmen, and gnolls are first in line~ :3

Can you trust Tuvarkz to not fuck it up?

Steelfist Commando is best at unarmed combat, but which class is best for grappling?

Does anyone know what had become of this game? Is there a Roll20 for it? >game set in Absalom in Golarion
>PCs are students in the Arcanamirium, the Inner Sea's most influential school of magic
>notably, PCs are NOT boarding there, they have residences outside

>by day, students in a magic school
>by night, magical girls (or "girls") battling weird occult threats and solving esoteric magical mysteries
>on some days and nights, dealing with slice-of-life problems, attending fancy balls and art presentations, etc.

>all PCs have Dual Identity, Seamless Guise, and Transformation Sequence, for free
>NOT gestalt
>no daddies, furries, or daddy furries

>Would you apply to this game?

Why do people hate this guy so much.

>steelfist commando is best at unarmed combat

You spelled sanguinist/aurora soul wrong.

Look don't associate us beasts with those faggot hyenas . We are a proud and noble race!

he's a Nodachifag

No gestalt is kinda meh
I still hope the user puts it up though, at least for consideration

I fuckin' wish.

>"Hey user, why aren't you acting like your usual friendly self?"
>"Twenty people died yesterday, man! We were responsible for most of them!"

It's like, I'm not allowed to give characters actual real responses to the shit PCs have to deal with on a regular basis, especially stupid when it's supposed to be a 'serious' game and no one can handle this stuff.

Oh. Carry on then.

I'm giving him exactly as much faith as a DM advertising for a fairly popular campaign with an expansive CharGen deserves, which is to say quite a bit. If he misplaces that trust than I'll have learned my lesson, but until then I'm pretty damn hyped.

I've actively been discouraged from putting emotional investment into a game before

Is Death Goddess Shepherd more or less Best Girl now that it's confirmed she literally genocides the elves?

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3/?pageforid=5161290#post-5161290

>No gestalt is kinda meh

Is this what /pfg/ is like now?

Have we reached the point where gestalt is more commonly accepted than non-gestalt?

Does nobody realize how gestalt brings out the worst in Pathfinder's broken class balance?

How did it come to this?

I updated Sibyl recently; if you still think it's not all there I wouldn't mind your thoughts on more to do.

Which non-meme apps for Ensoulment do you like, /pgg/?

Trick question, if you liked them you'd be talking about them.

Reminder that only meme apps will make it into Ensoulment.

If people aren't talking about your character, you might as well give up now.

I have already run the game so I'm just not inclined to join as I already know what's going to happen. Best wishes to you.

The Bias Engine has taken a short Vibrojaculation-related leave of hypnosickness, and has spent many hours cleaning up its trail of Psychosemen from its meatbag's keyboard. This leave will not affect its reviews, you putrid meatmongers. Thus, BIAS ENGINE declares that the following applications will be reviewed in short order

"Fox Tits" from Journey to the West

C3, Rintaelle, Derrin, Ceraphine, Itsuko, Auriela, Jericho, and Alexander, the "Waifu" apps from Ensoulment of the Flower Court.

Do not contest the decisions of BIAS ENGINE. It knows all, and is incontestable

I mean
That's been the norm for a while.
And it's a magical girl campaign, so the flexibility that comes from gestalt would go well with realizing certain character concepts

>No gestalt is kinda meh
over-privileged child detected

Why does the dueling blade look so much like a katana?

>That's been the norm for a while.
Because of everyone copying RotJR.

>the flexibility that comes from gestalt would go well with realizing certain character concepts
There is no character concept possible in gestalt that you can't also do in non-gestalt given the ridiculous span of 3pp /pfg/ likes to use.

Literally nothing to prompt that response, seems like you're just being a shitter for the sake of being a shitter

I'll just agree to disagree with you on that
Gestalt serves well to flush out concepts, rather than being a bunch of refluffing and bullshitting around other mechanics

Because it's supposed to be like a Polish Saber and artists are more inclined to draw the Japanese Sword (which is what Katana means in Japanese) than some random westaboo blade.

Myself? I try, but a lot of times I take it too slow and it looks like there's nothing going on.

As for others, I'm pretty convinced that I'm the only one who tries, actually. Everyone else, unless they start with the idea of an arc (which means they've peeked at the AP, usually), will actively look for reasons not to change.

Cold, standoffish characters remain so.
Evil characters stay evil and actively resist attempts to make them see the light.
Good characters never have moments of doubt or pettiness because muh values.
Naive characters just will not grow the fuck up.

...Unless there's someone they want to fuck, then suddenly they'll do a 180 to try and appeal to their partner.

Gestalt brings out the worst in PF's broken-ass mechanics.

Yeah, you'd need gestalt for some concepts. For example, an Aldori Swordlord that isn't absolute horseshit.

Chesty Agathion-blooded Aasimar priestess of Iomedae WHEN?

BIAS ENGINE will now review the one colloquially known as "Foxtits" by the faggot organsacks of /pgg/.

The BIAS ENGINE has the following GOOD POINTS to say about the entitty known as "Foxtits".

>Very well-connected to the plot of the game
>Good backstory
>Good reason to go after the pommel (the airbreather concept of "Revengeance")
>Appears to have a mechanically solid build
>Highly charismatic
>Large breasts
>Fluffy tail
>"Cute" personality
>Tian native
>Backstory sounds like it wouldn't be out of place in a book of Japanese folk tales

The BIAS ENGINE has the following to say in NEGATIVITY of Foxtits

>Inordinately large breasts
>Backstory is somewhat long but covers most points

The BIAS ENGINE will give the following summary to Foxtits: A very good application, which /pgg/ will attempt to turn into a "waifu" or attempt to force into a relationship with another application, which would make for "cute kids" as determined by the BIAS ENGINE's inscrutable intellect

There's literally nothing wrong with refluffing mechanics.

That looks more like a tiefling to me--perhaps she cleaves to the Inheritor to control her own natural urges, and uses the Crusades as a healthy outlet for feelings of aggression or lust.

>Inordinately large breasts

Something wrong with aggressively large breasts?

Reminder that Ensoulment is Halae's last real chance at getting into a /pgg/ game due to Rory tier self-shilling.

The BIAS ENGINE can see the appeal. The breasts of the entitty known as "Foxtits" are large. This appeals to /pgg/'s meatbag instincts. Even if the BIAS ENGINE does not have a corporeal body of its own, it can see the appeal of wanting to grab the mammaries of Foxtits and squeeze them roughly, as it predicts many in /pgg/ wish to do.

Reminder

>Mine's Mouse

>I've been getting low grade panic attacks every time she's been brought up in the thread

Who?

>an Aldori Swordlord that isn't absolute horseshit

Just be a landsknecht.

Don't forget

>feel like I have my build all figured out, feel good about this intimidating, punchy, grabby ass motherfucker
>then I remember that JttW is about chasing a fucking NECROMANCER, meaning nonlethal and intimidation tactics are worthless because "lmaoundead"
>but I've already dug myself into the characterization, and feel like abandoning it entirely would be detrimental

I have made many poor choices

I was pretty hopeful when I saw the skeleton you posted and it's even better than expected.

I don't necessarily agree with this but a lot of people criticize backstories that don't actually give you much information into the character's past. I like what you have here a lot but it may turn out that the DM wants more to work with in regards to content. That's about all the criticism I could put out though, the character really hits the notes on all the stuff I like in an app.

Anyways, I'm a big fan of Sibyl now. My personal favorite. I hope you make it.

Take broken blade and fool's etrand.

>That's been the norm for a while.
That's straight up false. If you looked at every game /pfg/ has made since RotJR you'd see that more of them are not gestalt than are. It's just that the gestalt games typically get more exposure/memes so you think it's the norm, but it's very clearly not statistically.

>mfw Fox Tits is going to get in
>mfw someone's going to grab them
>mfw multiple simultaneous wardrobe malfunctions

Warlord or Warder (ZS) focused on Scarlet Throne Style prestiging into Landsknecht is a better and more faithful Swordlord than the Swordlord PrC.

>the character really hits the notes on all the stuff I like in an app.
What stuff do you like in an app, user?

Thanks a bunch, user! I've had this character in the back of my mind for a while and I think Ensoulment is the best game to represent what she's about. Hopefully some second round reviews will give me more to add.

Remember to do the memelord waifus

Please do Eleanor and Witch, too!

At what level would it be good to prestige into Landsknecht? As soon as possible? Post level 6 for a ZS?

>As soon as possible? Post level 6 for a ZS?
>Post level 6 for a ZS?

Ding ding dong, we have a winner! You absolutely want Defensive Reach for a Landsknecht, everything after that for the ZS or Warder is just icing on the cake (particularly those Aegis bonuses.)

>Intimidation
EG 5 or SG 5 stances, Dread or Antipaladin 3, Black Seraph Annihilation, take your pick.

I'm not an initiator and made it a point to plan on avoiding PoW this time around

>is it really more cancerous than "I charge in and down him in one flurry"?

Yes, charge has more counters, and also is a more standard fight method: increasing a boss' defenses usually makes them better vs chargepounces as well.

Standard action CdG means GM has to either make enemies immune or be prepared to have anything drop instantly in one turn.

For a wuxia game? I think you've made a few mistakes, user.

Brunei. Wist is a cute literal princess

I mean, I could totally entirely drop the intimidate stuff and instead feat into Fool's Errand since I have a fuckhuge climb mod.

Tell me about the legacy weapon you're thinking about bringing into JttW, /pgg/.

Whoah so edgy
I bet gnollposters are scared now

docs.google.com/document/d/1grzUUNXCPaVrhvrh2-ePOBKnxWDuqdHLTH77dcMZhiE/edit#heading=h.8sby2ko2a9xu

The thaumaturge (savant) archetype for Spheres of Might replaces literally every single class feature of the thaumaturge, save for master invoker at 20th level, which seems like an insight. It also changes HD size, base attack bonus, and saving throw progressions.

How is this not an entirely new class?

For that matter, does the savant even make that effective a character? A sphere arcanist is quite efficacious, since shuffling around magic talents lets a character solve a wide span of problems both in and out of battle, but combat talents do not operate on the same paradigm. If a character is built and equipped to be an expert archer, shuffling around talents alone will not make them a remarkable swordsperson, and vice versa.

A savant built and equipped to be an expert archer might change around one or two talents at a time while vaguely predicting the nature of future battles, but that is much worse than simply having a larger pool of talents with which to be ready for anything.

None, because I didn't apply. That game is cute and sweet and full of life and I'm an old, washed up curmudgeon who needs to step aside and let the next crop of characters sweep in and meme themselves to the summit.

ew

Isn't 2hu basically Bruce Wayne, too? I hear he's a Filipino multimillionaire.

I thought that was 2hu

Explains a lot about his attitude.

Slow...

The BIAS ENGINE will now review C3.

The BIAS ENGINE already hates the art. Even through its organsack puppet's eyes, it is ugly. It gives the following GOOD POINTS to C3

>Cute acronym
>Long backstory
>Philosophical

The BIAS ENGINE gives the following negative points to C3

>The BIAS ENGINE attempted a lie. The art is not ugly, it is merely okay.
>The elf is too smug
>This is not a hero

The BIAS ENGINE thus declares this as an "okay" app. It does not see the appeal in her being a "waifu".

Is there anything at all in mythic that does fuck-all for spell-like abilities?

Like say you're a kineticist. There's paths for arcane and divine spellcasting, and tons of stuff to help up save DCs and the like when casting spells, but is there anything at all for spell-likes anywhere?

But we love you, Slow

>GOOD POINTS
>Long backstory

I hate /pfg/ meme game culture.

C3 deserves death

Have any short apps ever made it into a /pgg/ game?

>not a hero

Review Engine isn't up with the times!

Protagonist already said not to be constrained to typical ideas of heroism, and even being slightly evil was okay!

Yes. I made it into Mighty Quest with a basic pitch. The GM asked for a backstory and I provided in private away from your autistic eyes.

Define short.

Define "short app", because if you mean "not a wall of text" then yes.

Rate my WotR app, /pgg/:
app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5162384/
Pls no bully.

How long was the backstory?

Three paragraphs, tops.

>Mighty Quest
B-List game.
C-List, even.

How's that campaign going?

>TFW Rory is the 51st app for Ensoulment

I like simple concepts, presented with clear weaknesses and obvious space for development and party dynamics.

I don't really like most of the wilder /pgg/ characters or characters that lead with strong personalities even when they're well-written.

Alright, that's good. And go the distance with Landsknecht or is stopping at level 7 fine?

What apps do you like?

of course he was waiting for this

All of those waifu apps have been reviewed multiple times already! Do one of the recent waifus like Rae, Illaria, or Kayrie (hopefully she gets updated soon)

Have they?
Where?

Definitely not all of them.

Hmm...

728 words covering from birth to adventuring, with everything else to describe a person and their special person gifts.

Psychic Bias Engine's reviews are basically meme reviews

They aren't useful at all to someone who wants real insights about how to improve their app

They're still cute to watch though

That's on the long side, sorry.
My point stands. /pgg/ games only take long apps.

Who gives out good reviews?

As meme apps go, Jericho, C3 and Rintaelle.

As less meme apps go, Gaius, Matheo and Sibyl. I don't think these are all the best apps and I haven't given any thoughts to what's probably a shit party composition here, but those are my personal favorites.

Disk, Protag

>Matheo
>not a meme app
I never got this.

Unless the GM is specifically docking points for length, obviously longer apps that aren't just bloat will be able to add more interesting detail and raise the quality of their app.

Or are you one of those 'all long writing is bloat' anons?

Well I mean, there's competition. GM wants some matter, also the proof that the characters comes from *somewhere*.

When you just scramble five dudes and tell them roll charactern you don't ask a big backstory.

Most of these 758 was me making it nice to read and mentionning the family, culture and personality.

I can still boil down the character and their reasons to move down to five lines.

I don't keep tabs on players but he's only ever mentioned in relation to other apps and not as part of a regular pair. I don't think it's a meme unless mentioning it has weight on its own.

He's incomplete but I prefer his take of a love philosophy more than Aurelia who's popular here. He might turn out shitty but he's one I'm anticipating the final write on.

Stop trying to claim you didn't count as a long app.

There is zero guarantee the GM would have picked you if you only wrote five lines unless they had a personal fetish for your core concept.