Power Armor Knights v2

Last thread was made by me to get ideas and opinions on a setting I wish to GM in the future.

As for system the majority thought either GURPS or a homebrew version of Dark Heresy 2ed.

The overall theme of the setting is a Noble Dark one with a medieval theme only set in the future of earth after an apocalyptic crisis.

Equal rights are a thing of the past, the world is in a decentralized mess, conflict is a constant thing both within and without and the Catholic church has regained it's power over the western world it had in time of old.

Hover bikes are used as cavalry, Knights and Men-at-Arms use power armor yet guns are still a thing being mostly used by peasants.

Post more futuristic knights if you want and feel free to both provide ideas and use this for your own games !

What would be a name appropriate to this setting ?

I was thinking of a couple:
>Medieval-Punk
>Cyber-Gothica
>Nova-Gothica
>Regothica
A cool sounding opposite to renaissance

what nation/vassals state would you put in this setting ?
It's already established that the US turned into a mix of HRE and medieval Italy with various medieval themed republics (things such as noble republics or merchant republics and such) and that they provide a lot of mercenary jobs for people willing to become "Contractors" which are the setting's equivalent to Condotta.

Bump

Does the western half of the US employ muslim/sassanid themed knights?

Since landmates was still within power armor perimeter, do you think it'll be fit user?

>Cyber-Gothica
E.Y.E've got a divine boner for this one, stealing it

Question OP, what, if any heresies are in the setting?

My opinion on that is that if the holy church finds out they send inquisitors to crack down on it or ask the local lord to deal with it.

Currently the most prominent heretical movement is the Nova-Protestant heresy.

Reposting from last thread.

Wings for atmospheric/space flight, form fitting, doodads.

I would say that some of the western Republic states may do that or have a slight cowboy crusader theme but the overall faith would still be Christian.

I honestly don'y know what that is but heck if you think it does then ok.
I am going for power armor styled after the 13th-17th century plate armor.

Had an idea for an optional alignment for the game ranging from Villainry/Chivalry to Zealotry/Moderatesy.

This of course is not a thing of evil vs good since that comes into the players and their charecters own beliefs.

For example a charecter like the Hound from GoT would be a Moderate Villain since his views are often selfish and pragmatic yet the charecter himself is not a heartless monster even if some other charecters belive that.

in IRL have fighter, ground attack, and attack helicopter pilots replaced the knight and cavalry as the elite and EXPENSIVE fighting men of the past (for Europe anyway)

Already had that idea for the actual power armor users. Meanwhile peasants fight with next to no armor.
The idea being that factories are near extinct and most things are made by hand an with guilds and artisans.

I've always loved this design, it's from the novel "Armor" & the book itself is some of the best sci-fi I have ever read. Felix is my hero

>Hover bikes are used as cavalry
Something from the horse thread the other day, plus previous ideas I've had about tank-knights got me thinking

A tank, especially a modern battle tank, it's a horrendously complex machine to make, but the smaller and lighter vehicles are easier, cheaper and more multi-role - to the point that some are pretty much big 4x4s made with armour. Also the larger and more heavily armed a vehicle is, the more unique its armament.

Knights had destriers, their war horses, but though they were highly valued in battle they were also very expensive, and Coursers (smaller, lighter, still strong and much less valuable) were often preferred (including "hard" battles), and Rounceys (fast, smaller and general-purpose) would be used in other occasions, and by poorer men at arms in battle

I wonder if there might be interesting opportunities for terminology crossover there.

Pic perhaps potentially related? - make it big enough for powered armour

You read my mind

What kind of music is Paladin Techno?

In fact the whole setting at large is supposed to be filled with "terminological crossovers" like power armor being the plate armor, while something like kevlar or fiber armor is more like the chainmail.

Monks with guns > knights with guns
upgrade legs
make waves
[kill them all]
gain brozouf

Although E.Y.E does fit when it comes to style I'm some regard it is in more ways a Cyberpunk then what I have in mind.

Sorry about that, too tired to write properly.

So little basis on Crusades then? (seeing as they were well and truly over by the times of Protestantism)

could be since actual crusades where called on heresies by the pope in the past.

England is required by law to go Heptarchy. Possibly surrounded by the somewhat nebulous Celtic Kingdom(s).

various Kingdoms all vying for the throne of Britannia calming to be of legitimate bloodline to the old monarchy, I like it !

It'd be nice to modernise the names, but there's not much to do really, they're already in a state of common usage.

I reckon the Celtic states could be united as a result of their fighting for separation from Britain, France, and possibly northern Spain, but having reached freedom would be tending towards a state of collapse as the Bretons, Cornish, and Welsh side against the Scottish and Irish, while Galicia and Cantabria just want the club to exist so they can be part of it.

Religion in Britain would probably be fractured amongst the sheer number of denominations currently popular, unless the nobility forced their CofEism on their peasants