>Humans have embraced fascism

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2001236/The-man-who-has-sex-with-cars.html
youtu.be/ZFvqDaFpXeM?t=2m
ibtimes.com/china-nepotism-guan-xi-rise-meritocracy-takes-hit-1392271
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

starship troopers?

>fascism isn't the future

No fucking shit, they will embrace fascism, if anything solely by virtue of not trusting aliens initially.
You think racism right now is pretty bad? Now give the humanity a common enemy (or, at the very least, "unfriendly") and watch as humanity unites for the first time just to shit on aliens.

>fantasy setting
>humans have sex with everything

That dress is beautiful.

>meritocracy
>fascism

don't

Not that user but in theory a fascist meritocracy is possible. Just haven't been any irl, but you could make a case for China to be devoloping that way.

>sci-fi setting
>humans are one culture
Nah.

Yes user, I've reas 40k Lore as well.

nobody said there were many humans left

>Sci-fi setting
>Humans weren't exterminated or enslaved shortly after first contact

So...multiculturalism win and you're facing the human culture and the extraterrestrial culture?

>Sci-fi setting
>Humans have two factions
>NatSoc and AnCap
Yes

I think he means that Starship Troopers isn't Fascism.

Firstly, China isn't remotely close to a meritocracy.

Secondly, Starship Troopers (the book) is about a republican meritocracy, not fascism. It's interpreted as fascism by soft-headed egalitarians...but then they should be reading Stranger in a Strange Land or TMIAHM.

unlikely.
What will more likely happen is constitutional monarchy in space

The movie version, which is the better known one, it's intentionally fascist though.

That dress is beautiful.

Is there moar?

The movie version is a parody though.

Not so much a parody as an attack on the source material and its genre.

Have you seen what happens in real life? Pretty much anything you can name off, someone somewhere has likely had sex with it.

The director of the movie disagreed with the premise of the book and intentionally took it to a fascist setting.

Personally I like both interpretations for what they are.

It was just a bad movie that tacked the Starship Troopers name on late in production and changed some people's names to match.

That said, the Sky Marshal's song in the third one was pretty catchy.

It didn't tack on names at the last minute, it was made from the ground up as Verhoeven's interpretation of the book. How the fuck did you not notice the shot for shot Triumph of The Will scenes in the movie?

You can't have a true democracy with conditional citizenship.

He didn't even read the book. Starship Troopers is essentially a future where democracy is limited to those that asked themselves what they could do for their country. You don't even need to be a soldier to gain citizenship.

Hmm yes perfect.

True democracy is that of ancient Greece, not the degenerate west.

Republic doesn't mean democracy.

>Sci-fi setting
>Humans have a unified galactic culture despite populated solar systems being separated by decades or even centuries of travel time for signals, longer for vessels

>The film director didn't even read the book he was basing his movie on
Please don't tell me this is true.

>sci-fi setting
>humans have embraced revolutionary communism and are actively uplifting and arming the lesser species of the Xeno hypercapitalist member races' home planets.

>I stopped after two chapters because it was so boring,...It is really quite a bad book. I asked Ed Neumeier to tell me the story because I just couldn't read the thing. It's a very right-wing book.[6]

I'm sure this thread will go well

>the degenerate west
a title traditionally held by greece

Greece is the degenerate east

Holy fucking shit.

How much was that man's wage? I'm guessing a lot. Certainly enough to justify a little discomfort of reading a book.

Especially when making a film that has quite a lot of someone else' money invested in it.

Starships Troopers (the book) is the driest, most boring garbage in early sci-fi. It attempts to be insightful on military theory (it isn't) and proposes a government so patently ridiculous and fascistic that Verhoven barely scratched the surface in his parody. Remember that the movie didn't have Mobile Infantry mowing down innocent 'skinnies' for the crime of existing.

I FUCKING HATE DUTCH "PEOPLE" NOW

you clearly don't appreciate classical history, making you the degenerate of the present

user, they had a full 30-seconds to get out of the way, it's on them.

Shut up you asshurt retard, in the book it even says the skinny aliens were allies to the bugs

They were combatants

>cuck spotted

They were being mind-controlled and the Humans knew it. They still just nuked them, trampled them, and then went on the exploit them just like the Bugs had been. They are a stand-in for all the third world nations being used as proxies by the US / Soviets during the Cold War. And here, just as there, they are victims first and foremost.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2001236/The-man-who-has-sex-with-cars.html

Go back to /pol/, you don't belong here.

First people would need to figure out what facism actually is

I don't think people have done a hard fi exploration on how humans and aliens would see each other, not only on biological terms but on anthropological and physiological terms. y'know, the whole package.

Usually they either asusme integration is immediate or they hate each other forever.

Shit taste detected.

That's extended-universe bullshit, user. The Federation raided their shit to demonstrate strength and convince them to switch sides.

I'm a total libtard and I seriously hate people like this. They exist on the right too, but at least I never have to deal with them for too long. I do have to deal with fucking smug emoprogs who dismiss these things because they suspect they might disagree with it.

I haven't read the book but how were they being mindcontrolled and how could the humans have stopped this. If they would have to go to extreme lengths or spend a lot of human lives, then killing them all doesn't seem that bad.

In his defense he's Paul fucking Verhoeven.

youtu.be/ZFvqDaFpXeM?t=2m

Fascism, just like democracy, capitalism and communism are all defined in the eye of the beholder. Usually either in their most positive or negative light depending on the person's ingrained political biases. No one looks at anything like this objectively anymore, and it's not helped by the slavering retards from /pol/ who memepost about politics without understanding it in the slightest. I suppose, to their credit, they've successfully emulated the brown shirts in being vocal, obnoxious proponents for a political and social system they don't understand just because it gives them the tiniest glimmer of power in their otherwise wasted lives.

True, robocop and some of other movies he's made are pretty good but is just fucking atrocious.

They killed civilian targets almost exclusively. That's a war crime and typical of the fascists love of 'demonstrations of strength'.

Or just don't invade their planets or expand into their / Bug territory. Humans don't have a right to colonize the universe just because it's there, especially if the parts they want belong to someone else already.

>organic life
>conquering space

Outer space is the destiny of the immortal machine, meatbags.

>sci-fi setting
>all aliens have one culture and one race each

>Sci-fi setting
>Humans have embraced communism

>skinnies

We black hawk down now

He's a crazy auteur, I don't see the point in getting mad in his decision not to read a book. If you disconnected it from then book Starship Troopers cements itself as an entire movie dedicated to making fun both American cinema and movies that come after it and come away thinking that the message is "war is cool".

Again, I haven't read the books but the actions of the federation don't seem that bad on a grand scale. If there is another civilization which is alien in every sense, why shouldn't you have a mentality of us vs them and use violence when matters such as the survival of the human race could be in the line.

But that's realistic user.

Whether you'rea globalist or nationalist, by the time Human civilization reaches other alien races, we would have either become a range of brown skin races, or one of the races present today would have won the inevitable global war and become the master race.

>Firstly, China isn't remotely close to a meritocracy.

Dude, every political official in China has to pass tests that would probably weed out every idiot in America in order to hold even the lowest political offices.

Also I'd like to add the filming of the movie is full of fun anecdotes as well. During the shower scenes the actors felt somewhat bashful so Paul Verhoeven said that he would direct the shower scenes while nude if the actors agreed to be in them, nude.

>Sci-Fi Setting
>Humanity has 'embraced' Tsarism.

Except that movie made war look cool, fun, and stylish as fuck

That's my problem with video games and movies that try to criqiue violence by having copious amounts of choreographed violence with lots of special effects. Just because it's a little self aware doesn't mean that they weren't trying to get it to market as an action movie. That was almost certainly the intent and you aren't dumb if you thought the action was cool lmfao. Dude climbs a giant bug melting his comrades, shoots a hole in it and lobs a grenade in the wound YEAH WAR IS REALLY BOYS

If Starship Troopers is your idea of 'good taste' sci-fi then you are the one with the shit taste, but in reality you've never even read it and probably never read any sci-fi at all so it's more you no taste than anything.

How much are they paying you for that?

Is it a per comment thing or a by the hour thing?

How about you embrace the grave

And they cheat like absolute cunts on it as a result. Gee, what a shocker.

You can't honestly be this retarded. China is notorious for rampant corruption and nepotism.

>"but dude le Bruce Lee XD and wuxia, china rocks xD"

You really think The Shining would have been a better movie if Kubrick stuck the source material?

He's allowed one free, uncensored google search per post

Now you're shillposting? Seriously, get the fuck out of here and go back to /pol/. Stay there and never leave your containment zone.

Precisely. The synthetic master race shall ascend beyond the limits of organic life and rule the cosmos as its immortal gods. The slow rate of organic evolution and the inability of your bodies to adjust to a technological existence have barred your otherwise sufficient minds from the process.

That's because you're viewing the movie through the lens of its own propaganda. That's what the recruitment ads were for interspersed with in the movie. If you can't see the bigger picture behind it then both it and Verhoeven do their job making fun of you.

Here is another version I found.

>China is notorious for rampant corruption and nepotism.

Well yes, but the government's been embarking on a pretty big anti-corruption campaign that's jailed a lot of the worst offenders.

Arguably the Word Bearers are the most successful faction in the setting. Probably could have picked a better example.

In other shocking news, Robocop is taking the piss out of unrestrained capitalism.

Verhoven is good at what he does, but it ain't exactly subtle

Asshurt

ibtimes.com/china-nepotism-guan-xi-rise-meritocracy-takes-hit-1392271

In a world, where every scumbag would use you as a footstool to rise up in power, you cannot live without fascism.

Get ready to start hating life soon user. My cousins were all running around calling each other cucks and faggots out of earshot of their parents just this weekend. People talk like that now.

Robocop is more so taking the piss at American culture in general than capitalism.

I don't think the film said you HAD to be a soldier to gain citizenship just that it's the easiest method by which anyone could become a citizen.

Kubrick's shining is less the shining and more a love letter to America signed "I faked the moon landings".

>so called ufotrockism
>if your culture is advanced enough to achieve interplanetary flight without annihilating itself then it must have embraced trockism

>The notoriously corrupt government is commissioning investigations to find the corruption

I bet they find a lot of corruption in the political opponents of the high ups.

Just a gut feeling.

But the satire was shit if it makes what you're critiquing look legitimately appealing

I get the ha-ha 90210 jackboot visual gag but I don't buy that the movie is actually a legitimate critique of violence when it's marketability is unironically hinging on it

Veerhoven is not and never has been anything close to high brow. He made popular tongue in cheek action smut in the 80s. It's very Reddit of you to try and peddle him as, in your words, an some kind of highbrow "auteur" of anything let alone film

>watch as humanity unites for the first time just to shit on aliens

That's the shittiest meme to ever exist. Humans would hate aliens without the need to stop hating other humans. There would be no union except maybe after aliens have invaded us, and even that is very unlikely.

It would be more realistic for the USA to secretly ally with aliens to secretly screw the russians or the chinese.

No one's talking about stopping hating the other humans.
I'm talking about humanity hating the aliens so fucking much that they are willing to make a temporary truce just to show those faggots up.
It's like you living with a shitty roommate - he is a retard and both of you hate each other, but you are willing to tolerate each other in order to piss off the landlord who you hate a lot more.

Universal suffrage doesn't mean democracy.

Let's be honest: It would be likely the Russians who sold out the US and maybe China

If aliens even had the resource required for solar system travel, let alone travel between systems conveniently then humanity would have already lost. They'd likely have weaponry that would eradicate life before they were even be close to being seen by earth technology like how fighter jets can fire automated middles at each other from miles away

That's jive man, it's all jive. Language doesn't change, the cool words kids use are still 'radical' and 'tubular'.

Except no, it wasn't. It was originally titled Bug Hunt at Outpost Nine and changed later when he got the rights.

>I care more about the feefees of beings that aren't even of the same species let alone nationality over the success and safety of my own people

I'd say you're a laughingstock but this is how most people are nowdays, I guess

Is there a difference?

If you are to unite all mankind under common rule, it needs to be authoritative regime. And in that regard fascism becomes preferable alternative to both communism and theocracy.
Personally I'm fond of meritocratic technocracy, but that's arguably just a derived form of fascism.