Do you like anthropomorphic races in your setting, Veeky Forums?

Do you like anthropomorphic races in your setting, Veeky Forums?

Ubisoft just won E3

>they made the black guy a literal monkey
That's super fucking racist.

If it releases without at least three caveats to it, whether DRM, micropayments, or just preorder nonsense, I'll eat a shoe

You mean humanoid races or you mean antropomorphised animals as fictional sentient (Or is it sapient?) species?

I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy 9's style, where you have all these weird animal people and nobody really mentions it beyond the Burmecia/Cleyra sister civs thing. It just adds color to the world, in my opinion.

Yeah, the furry scares of the internet age have kinda ruined it a little, but that's just a matter of player curation at this point.

What pains me is that this is the closest we'll ever get to a bonafide Eclipse Phase game.

>Do you like anthropomorphic races in your setting, Veeky Forums?
You mean anthropomorphic animals, or just anything that resembles a human?

If it's the first, not really, but I'll allow it depending on how well it fits the rest of the setting. If it's the latter, I don't think I've ever played a campaign without them. A one-shot or two, sure. But no more than that.

>Ubisoft just won E3
It's Ubisoft. They'll manage to fuck it up.

I'd be very surprised if Veeky Forums proclaims to dislike beast races.
Every challenge on designing an original fantasy race ever has resulted in a beast race. Every. Single. One.
They're god damn lazy.

I like it except when it clearly is some fetishist furry crap like bit tits catgirls or shit like that.

the pigman is ok but the MC takes it too far

Oh shit, I remember seeing that game on greenlight a while back.

Can't remember for the life of me what it's called.

ghost of a tale

>won
this ain't 2003's Ubisoft, dude

they have burned enough bridges that even this has me immediately skeptical and cynical

they had the most niggers with the biggesr nappiest fro. of course they won

Only if there are human females to breed with.

What's E3?

It's the describability problem.
You either make it like a human but not (tolkien races, star trek races) or you make it like an animal or you make it something else and it becomes alien an hard to describe and doesn't get any traction.

Same reason mythological creatures are all combinations of existing animals.

I like non-anthropomorphic weird shit more.

Eclipse Phase would honestly make a much better game than a trpg

>What's E3?
good one user

Excellent Electronica E-convention, it's a big synthesised music thing that happens every three years.

HERRO! THIS JAPAN! WE NO RIKE MONKEY BLACKS!

The chinky titgirl is even worse.

>What's E3?
very eccentric opening or arguable efficiency

>Ubisoft just won E3
I'm not too sure about that.

Will Smith has aged well.

>What's E3?
/v/ shit.

I like them, but hardly ever use them in my own games or play them in other campaigns. Possibly it's magical realm territory for me. I doubt my players would appreciate my fetish for furry chicks being inserted into a game.

>Ubisoft just won E3
I mean, it's not hard. Just show something besides gritty, cinematic trailers with barely any gameplay in the actual presentations. That's been 90% of the trailers shown at every conference, and it's been driving me nuts.

Beyond Good and Evil 2's trailer didn't have any gameplay, but I can forgive it for at least being different from the shooter and zombie game trailers without any gameplay.

>Do you like anthropomorphic races in your setting, Veeky Forums?

I mean... yeah?

Yes. I would totally be fine with playing in a game with humans and anthros, only anthros, or hell only humans is fine too. But I have no problem with the anthropomorphic people in campaigns. They tend to act as really easy but awesome character archetypes.

>Ubisoft just won E3
Surprise, mother fucker.

Just googled that meme game up

damn, what a shit game, looks like one of those super Nintendo games kek

Titgirls who are chinks is racists.

Chinks are flat chested.

Not really.

>Ubisoft just won E3

That's an odd way to spell Devolver Digital.

Why?

I do like anthropomorphic races in my setting, but I like it when they maintain more of their non-human characteristics so you can build environments around them that are humanlike, but still feel alien in a way.

Fairly sure The Last Night won E3

MONKEY'S GOT A D8

What I want to know is where the original cast of characters is.

I think they said this is meant to be a prequel.

I dunno, Devolver did pretty damn well

That trailer was horrible, thry tried to "modernize" it too much. The first half made me cringe so hard but the latter part with the ship and the music gave me great nostalgia feels and felt dignified. The two won't mix well.

I'm ok with anthropomorphic races, when they're done right.

Not sure about the two new black protagonists introduced in the teaser of BG&E2

But I know I've seen screenshots of the old cast with all these new-fangled graphical improvements.

I dunno, I liked the first part of the trailer. Somehow, it reminded me of French action comedies, if it makes any sense.
Though I agree that it will be a problem if there are tonal shifts in the game.

Literally a game made by a jewess with yet another black chick with an afro.
It's getting stale.

Not if you have a fetish for exactly that.

Yes
The Ivalice way of doing it specifically. Integrated into society but still their own race. Generaly they are not defiend by their animal behaviour, they just look like other animals evolved into their equivalent of humanity.

They tend to be of the reptillian and chitinous variety.
Not very waifuable but humanlike enaugh to form friendships.

Except welcome to the modern world. Asians are the highest consumers of plastic surgery including tit implants.