The angels from evangelion are in your setting

The angels from evangelion are in your setting.
What happens?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant-impact_hypothesis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The amount of AdEva we've played, the core Angels just aren't that much of a big deal anymore.

First impact.

They become wandering titans that rove the land, endlessly searching for something they will never find.

The angels do whatever it is they normally do, and the PCs probably ignore them for a year.

What happens after a year?

They all immediately die, because outside of the benefits of the AT field that the Eva setting gives them, they cannot exist due to the normal laws of physics taking precedence.

They deal with the variety of angels from like 23,496,320,596 other dead universes now stuck together, and likely get into brawls with Mythos horrors.

I already run a mech game where interdimensional horrors emerge from below the Atlantic Ocean, so they totally fit in. If they all appear at once, they'll wipe the floor with us, but we could probably handle them one on one, depending on how AT fields work. Each one will probably also cause some destruction if they emerge in the Pacific, as it'll take time to get there.

It really depends where they appear.
As long it's a low-to-modern tech area, they'll manage pretty decently making a huge mess, with some potential loss down the line.
WHen they end up stepping onto the toes of the few multiversal empires...they're good as done for. They'd end up to deal with magitek that goes beyond what they can normally take, and likely enrage one or two deities which would get onto the matter close and personal.

Oh. More siblings to murder violently. Joy.

Why do the angels have so different forms?
Are they just bio enginered weapons?

> The angels from evangelion are in your setting.
> What happens?
This doesn't change the SMT-based setting at all, user.

Evangelion is a fucking mess don't bother analyzing it.

Don't bother analyzing the setting, analyze the characters.

IT'S AN ANGERU

Ok, but i would like to know.
And its sad if its just "come up with different alien forms without any reason why they look like that"

... I don't recall Iblis, was that the lava monster one?

Non-canon

Gay Marriage.

Neither of the last two are from the series - I assume they're preproduction designs.
Lava monster one is Sandalphon.

As I recall, they're some sort of super-beings that are derived from the same base source as humanity.

Humanity being descended from one identified as Lilith.

but it's been forever since I read anything about the lore. And, it really is just an excuse to have giant robots fight shit.

Form follows function, user.

they're all essentially individual species that have access to infinite energy so no need to worry about food to power however they develop.

Each angel is its own unique being, a species unto itself. Their forms reflects that. Their all lumped together under the term Angel because they have the same origin and goal. All of them were born from Adam and possess the unlimited power of the fruit of life and they all seek to return to Adam and cause Third Impact be merging with him.

In angeology (at least the christian one), the closer the angel was to god, the stangest its form.
Kaworu was an archangel and for that, more human like.

Heh!

Bassicly some super aliens (First Ancestral Race) did some shit but noticing that for some reason they were going extinct they used the seeds of life to create adam who then made angels and also made humans.
Adam split into Lilith (First angel) and then she crashed into the earth which is called the first impact.
While on earth she shit out an second angel in the artict which was discovered by humanity resulting in the second impact.
Then some weird shit happened like mecha made out of aliens powered by human souls and clones of a kids mother and the .1 percent of the .1 percent richest people on earth want everyone to have mass ego death.
TL:DR
Robots fight monsters and weird shit happens in the background.

Also Shinji did nothing wrong.

>Jeremy!
>What have we told you about inviting deep umbral beings to dinner without asking!

I thought it was that, by accident, two progenitor lifeforms were sent to Earth, Adam and Lilith?

Individually, either one would just create life and shit would work fine, but them both being around caused a total clusterfuck.

They are all divergent paths of development from Humanity. Humanity's AT field points inwards, Angels' AT field points outwards. The inward direction allows humans to be capable of self-reflection, critical thinking, and forming interpersonal connections, while the outward direction allows Angels to use it as a shield and a weapon.

While humans developed from the Lilith Seed, all of the Angels developed from the Adam Seed.

Sandaphon's embryo appearance and later transformation suggests that their child form is mostly humanoid, and that their deployment of the AT field is what causes their transformation into full-fledged Angels. Presumably, this means that their AT field, and accordingly their own self-image, has some impact on their final appearance and functions.

Quite notably, Tabris' humanoid appearance is a result of Lilith genes being spliced into the Adam embryo, but he is quite obviously lacking in many human traits due to the fact that his AT field still faces outwards.

You are basically right.
Adam and Lilith are opposed lifeforms.

Ok, thx

Like i guessed bio enginered weapons

So the last surviver of a race or a amalgam of their species?

Ok, but since their form differ that much, it seems they adapted heavily to their biosphere

Ok, that makes kinda sense, but all this formless on higher consious level sounds too retarded and too much excuse for their designs, even if some are boring

Adam didn't make humans, and Adam didn't make Lilith. Adam and Lilith are two different progenitors, and Lilith wasn't supposed to be on Earth, just Adam.
But then First Impact happened (which is essnetially en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant-impact_hypothesis with aliens involved), Lilith showed up by mistake, the two beat the shit out of each other, and then fell asleep. Lilith's spilled blood (aka LCL) became the origin of terrestrial life as we know it.

Thinking back...
yeah.
Angels and humans have to duke it out to win the right to be alive.

The Angels are descended from Adam. They have the infinite power of the Fruit of Life in the form of the S2 engine, which is what lets them break the laws of physics over their knees. Humanity is descended from Lilith which is why we instead have the Fruit of Knowledge in the form of our individuality which lets us learn how to use and manipulate the universe to our advantage instead of just breaking them with raw power.

It's been a while since I saw the show.
I can (not) remember everything.

>So the last surviver of a race or a amalgam of their species?
Neither. They're the only ones of their kind that exists. If they reach their goal they will propagate and be the new dominate species.

I recall it being put forth that they're an organism that could improve itself, as opposed to the evolutionary improvement our biosphere does.

So, they're a complete, stand-alone and effectively immortal creature.

Well yeah, that's because not a bit of that is explained in the show itself. Or any of the movies.
It's all from stuff they've released outside of that.

That really sounds messy and esoteric.

Welcome to Evangelion.

It's Evangelion.

Messy and esoteric is the name of the game.

It's also why the pilots are all mentally damaged children.

You forgot the pointless symbolism.

That's EVA in a sentence

What a terrible way to explain lore.

So every generation of new dominant species them would more look like them. like humans after adam and lillith?

Well, I think part of the point of the show is that the lore and the why of it all doesn't really matter. It's all about the psychology of the characters and the choices they make.

>Shinji is a Christ like figure
>But the christianism symbology is empty
Wat

Remember that one time when Rei was mass cloned without any care resulting in deformed and braindead masses and then used to pilot EVA's?

Pacific Rim but not in the pacific?

I don't remember Jesus jerking off over a passed out German girl

game playing setting I'm currently in setting.
True Fae somehow manage to be scarier. Also would be in one of those kinda touching, half hidden from the normal world things because otherwise totally out of tone.

Book I'm writing. Everybody be fucked. It's a pretty low power fantasy setting. Though they could work as God Weavings gone horribly wrong requiring nations to work together to fight.

Game I'm working on. Stuff pretty similar is already hi-tier bosses. It's Dark Souls, with battles in purgatory against hell, only more human focused outside of the worst monsters.

I suppose

Pretty much, though there are a lot more ranged weapons, weird energy weapons, mad science in general, a hint of dark magic, and most of the fighting takes place in either jungles or cities.

so Pacific Rim 2?

Close. An Angel is not an amalgam, it is a singular individual being. Would you say Godzilla is an amalgam of his species?

>Ok, but since their form differ that much, it seems they adapted heavily to their biosphere
Angels don't work under the same rules we do, they don't have any evolutionary pressures. Their AT field is what gives them shape. Their forms are shaped around their chosen strategy for reaching Adam, or perhaps its the other way around.

Nope. They'll still look like that. Planet of kaiju

Well, Eva is kind of terrible, despite the love it gets, but the way it's explained is actually fairly clever. By making the Lore so "messy and esoteric" they forced people to put a lot of effort into figuring out what the hell is going on. Because of all this effort, they can abuse the "sunken cost fallacy" to force people to claim they found the experience enjoyable. After all, if you wasted so much time and effort on this fictional bullshit, you might as well convince yourself (and anyone who will listen) that it wasn't a waste of time.

Iblis? Baraqijal?
What the fuck?

So its like Dark Souls?

Noncanon angels.

Badwrongfun arguments are always stupid. A lot of people legitimately enjoyed Eva, despite what you might think or feel.

Then again, different people enjoy it in different ways. I thought the franchise hit its peak in rebuild 1 and 2, telling the same story but with actual pacing and hope and Shinji not being an unlikable fuckwad, and I'm still horribly disappointed with the clusterfuck that was Q.

except Dark Souls is a game, so people can like it because of the gameplay even if they don't give to shits about the story.
They're both liked because of the aesthetic qualities too.

Maybe in the Apocrypha. I mean he fights dragons as a child in those

I'm working on a fabric.
>Anno got hit by a bus before EOE
>And backed over a few times.
>2025
>Commander Ikari (guess who.) leads a special forces group.
>UN SERAF (Special Esoteric Response Assault Forse.)
>SELEE is in full damage control, the failed Instrumentality (A Cargo Cult retard teir operation.)
>They release the "facts" about 2I.
>UN wanted ADAM to make weapons.
>World goes batshit crazy.
>US gets told Japan sabotaged Unit 04.
>JSSDF gets is shit pushed in by America.
>Shinji is taken into protective custody.

Part 2 if anyone is interested.

Only the Apocrypha covers the 18 some odd year gap in the life of Jesus.

different guy, but how the fuck is Shingi christlike.

I mean, he kinda fits the MUCH broader archetype of savior figure, the destined child, etc.

But he's not a teacher. He doesn't act as an alternate as or for an alternate source of authority. He doesn't represent the divine against the worldly. He's not a healer. He doesn't prophecies.

I'm not familiar with them, but I'm going to say that most likely they get killed by something.
They're space things, right? In that case the angels of the setting, which are the stars, will probably outnumber and kill them first, unless I'm severely underestimating how many of them there are.
Or if they get too close to the moon the elves will kill them, assuming that once things look lost for the elves they have the chance to use their doomsday weapon.
If the planet is threatened the Celestials will kill them by ritually sacrificing their souls to the elemental forces and turning into eldritch beasts that will mostly fuck off into space or die off after taking care of the EvAngles.
If that doesn't work the gods will get involved. They're gods.
And if all the gods are gone the world will split in two releasing great evils from the darkest pits of hell to ravage the universe.

Angels that didn't make the cut. There are a couple of angels that made it out of the design phase but never made it into the show proper

He is Christ as Lamb of God who has to sacrifice himself for mankind.
Eli Eli Lama Sabactani.

they get marked as lower abstract tier threats, and from there they rack up a rather sizable body count before someone who can handle the AT fields can get there

does this happen in one of the later movies after I stopped giving a fuck.
Because I he doesn't sacrifice himself in Eva or End of Eva.

Wait, really? When was that announced?

>someone who can handle the AT fields can get there

ALPHA! ANGELS HAVE APPEARED! RECRUIT A TEAM OF TEENS WITH TRAUMAS!

It honestly would work 100x better if they went with Norse mythology. The show practically writes itself.
>Instead of Angels they are Jotun
>Instead of Evas they are Einherjar
>Instead of Adam it is Loki
>Instead of the Lance of Longinus it is Gungnir
>Shinji's dad's eyes are covered like Odin
>Asuka is germanic-ish
>Instead of Third Impact it is Ragnarok

What do they do, anyway? I think I only watched one episode of NGE.

Anyway, it's an Engine Heart game so there aren't any humans. Will that make an impact on the situation?

Players use the power of bad rolls to fucking die

He jumps time after time into a literal torture device to save mankind's soul.
He tries to bargain with his father for someone else to do it as Christ did in Gethsemane.
His sacrifice requires a spear in his side.

Pentecost had a child somehow. Played by Boyega.

I know at least three people have run AdEva campaigns with something like that premise

I mean, the EVA isn't the torture device. Fighting creatures that want to exterminate all life is the torture.

Fuck it, might as well take the chance to make this thread about AdEva too. 90% of the "mythologies" that I've seen people run games in are either Lovecraftian or Norse. Anybody seen anything else that's a little more out there?

Blue suit looks way too much like an Evangelion.

And a cross is just a couple of logs. The torture is getting your hands nailed to it and left to starve I guess.

>He jumps time after time into a literal torture device to save mankind's soul.
that isn't Christlike sacrifice you fuck.

Christlike is sacrifice is "If I do this right I will die. To succeed I must die". Shingi jumping into the Eva is the soldiers sacrifice "I might die, but I must not die until I have succeed."

>He tries to bargain with his father for someone else to do it as Christ did in Gethsemane.
Except with Christ that was key moment of weakness that was a break from his normal behavior right before the sacrifice.
Shingi bargained and whined all the time. Shingi's father didn't love him and that was a key point of the plot, so the bargaining is completely different. Bargaining to not be the one to do a thing is hugely broad archetype.

>His sacrifice requires a spear in his side
is this one of those things that happened in the movies after I stopped caring?

Christ new he would respawn. That's cheating.

I had the privilege of playing in a game where the Angels were US presidents, and our Evas were based on freedoms enjoyed by US citizens, and were called Liberties. This was a while back, so Obama, darkness from beyond, was the creature that nearly caused Second Civil War.

Sounds pretty retarded,

>eva itself isn't a torture device

user...

Yeah, but it was fun, and we somehow got through 44 weeks of it.

That's Forever-jelly-on for you.

That's just evidence that staying in too long is bad.

So did Odin.
So did a number of figures who actually follow the Christ storyline.

There are different types of sacrifice, and different types of chosen ones.
Shingi isn't christlike. He's the chosen one who goes through shit to save the world. That's a broad as shit archetype that Christ falls under.

It's like saying that beagles are catlike because they have fur, four limbs, and nurse their young. But that's cats and beagles both being mammals. Not beagles sharing qualities with cats that make cats different from other mammals.

They're from the Girlfriend of Steel VNs if I remember right.

Let me guess

>Reagen is Ramiel, autistially tearing down the walls of Dogma Terminal
>Obama is Arael, mind probing everyone through smartphones
>Jeff and George Bush are Israfel

Ramiel is gonna be fun to deal with, even better if it's the Rebuild version.

They just kinda stand around then because they've probably come into contact with Lilith and humanity went poof or got turned into orange juice.