40k Cuts and Edits

I really just want the following factions to die and be gone forever:

Tau
Eldar
Dark Eldar
Necrons

They are all hanging on by a thread and add nothing to the game. Eldar are dorks, they look stupid and they are stupid. Necrons are cheap terminator rip offs that don't DO anything, they just react and don't drive the plot. Dark Eldar could maybe be reworked but they are also dorky and gay. Tau are cool, but they are the wrong fit for the setting and also tiny, they should just be rolled over and make a heroic last stand.

Basically, I just want it to be Imperium, Marines, Chaos, Orks and Tyranids, and maybe add some new factions to compensate for the loss of the old ones. Admech and Sisters can stay, but only if they secede from the imperium so the game isn't so one sided.

This is the grave we chose, Anons, this is the philosophy and mindset being seeded by the current fluff, where did it all go wrong?

>where did it all go wrong?
5th Edition.

Look, I know people love "space elves", but they are SO LAME. They are just so fucking stupid looking and cheesy, the fluff has them on their last legs but THEY NEVER FUCKING DIE. Have them sacrifice themselves to fight off the tyranids. Hell, them and Tau both. They can linger as old school factions that we keep as legacy codecs, throw them a bone every once and a while, but please, please, PLEASE just throw them in the garbage where they belong.

>I really just want the following factions to die and be gone forever:
>Admech and Sisters can stay, but only if they secede from the imperium so the game isn't so one sided.

yeah, fuck off, mate.

Look, I know people love "space nazis", but they are SO LAME. They are just so fucking stupid looking and cheesy, the fluff has them on their last legs but THEY NEVER FUCKING DIE. Have them sacrifice themselves to fight off the tyranids. Hell, them and Eldar both. They can linger as old school factions that we keep as legacy codecs, throw them a bone every once and a while, but please, please, PLEASE just throw them in the garbage where they belong.

>Look, I know people love "space elves", but they are SO LAME.

craftworld eldar are more intrinsic to the setting than dark eldar ever were, even if the latter are "the original eldar" according to the fluff.

Add the rest of them and you've got a good start. The downside is that these simpletons would flood the P&P world with their stupidity when it's already at max capacity.

Look, I know people love "space japs", but they are SO LAME. They are just so fucking stupid looking and cheesy, the fluff has them as small and insignificant but THEY NEVER FUCKING DIE. Have them sacrifice themselves to fight off the tyranids. Hell, them and Orks both. They can linger as old school factions that we keep as legacy codecs, throw them a bone every once and a while, but please, please, PLEASE just throw them in the garbage where they belong.

40k is dead. OP is a perfect example of an "age of girlymen" fanboi. GW might as well sell this shit to Hasbro at this point. At least then OP can bash his action figures together and make grunting noises.

I thought we quarantined you degenerates with 30k

The ousting of the Overlord.

Eldar and DE can be rolled but we need to have space elves around. Necrons are good for something that's not just another biological xenos threat, and are the only true ancient race left in the game besides Eldar, who are more like children of the ancients. Tau we can get rid of but I don't want to eradicate diversity simply out of spite.

Here are the necessary races, IMO:

- Mankind, in all its combinations, including Mechanicus
- Evil Mankind/Chaos
- Space Elves
- Orks
- Aliens that aren't orcs or elves

The Eldar and Necrons are the inheritors of ancient glory, but never seem to fucking do anything with it. The universe pretty much would not notice if they disappeared.

That's because they literally have people who are not allowing them to do anything with them. See: Trazyn snatching up everything good and not sharing, or the guards who don't allow anyone to activate the Celestial Orrery.

Look, I know people love "The Imperium of Mankind", but they are SO LAME. They are just so fucking stupid looking and cheesy, the fluff has them FUCKING DIE BY THE BILLIONS but they're never on their last leg. Have them sacrifice themselves to fight off the tyranids. Hell, them and Space Marines both. They can linger as old school factions that we keep as legacy codecs, throw them a bone every once and a while, but please, please, PLEASE just throw them in the garbage where they belong.

>eldar
>dark eldar

They would be vastly more interesting as protagonists than the Imperium. But them 14 year old boys (and associated manchildren) just gotta have their power fantasy marines.

Fresh pasta incoming. Can't wait to spam this in every 40k general.

Look, I know people love "space locust", but they are SO LAME. They are just so fucking stupid looking and cheesy, the fluff has fleets annihilated by single chapters but THEY NEVER FUCKING DIE. Have them die to a warp storm. Hell, them and Eldar both. They can linger as old school factions that we keep as legacy codecs, throw them a bone every once and a while, but please, please, PLEASE just throw them in the garbage where they belong

Sounds good to me

>Have them sacrifice themselves to fight off the tyranids

Already did.

>Have them sacrifice themselves to fight off the tyranids. Hell, them and Space Marines both.
>mfw both these things already happened

RIP Hive Fleet Behemoth
RIP oldmarines

Let's get rid of space marines instead.

At least the Xenos are interesting.

I'm getting bites in the general
lel

I'd keep Eldar/Deldar even though I don't personally like them, because I do think they fit in to the universe and help move the plot forward in some cases.

Tau can honestly go fuck themselves. If they're going to stay at all, I'd rework them to be a confederation of minor alien races working together to protect themselves from the rest of the galaxy. So, basically what they already are, but with an equal emphasis on the various races under the Tau umbrella, instead of just being "Tau and sometimes Kroot."

Necrons, I'm kind of torn on them. On the one hand, they are just another "impending doom" faction that didn't really need to exist. On the other hand, space skellingtons. I don't think the setting would lose much if the Necrons never existed, especially once they changed them into Egyptian space skellingtons.

>implying space elves aren't the exact same thing except for gay 14 year olds and gay manchildren

>They would be vastly more interesting as protagonists than the Imperium

Lol yeah cause the elves were so interesting in LotR

Look, I know people love "grimdark far future", but it is SO LAME. It is just so fucking stupid looking and cheesy, the fluff has the Galaxy hanging by a thread but IT NEVER FUCKING DIES. Have it cast into the Immaterium. Hell, it and the Star Wars universe. They can linger as old school franchises that we keep as legacy settings, throw them a bone every once and a while, but please, please, PLEASE just throw them in the garbage where they belong