ITT: Most retarded misconceptions you've ever held

>Thought 'dump stats' were high priority stats; as in you should dump all your points in them
>Believed this for two years playing the most shitty pc's imaginable

>D&D is a good system

Why didn't any of the people you were playing ask why you were making shitty characters?

GURPS was not best

I think some video game communities use it like that.
>two years
What the fuck?

this

>ron-burgundy-saying-i-dont-believe-you.gif

Wouldn't you have wondered why your characters were performing terribly? It just doesn't add up

Core martials were viable in a core only 3.PF

you can get a long ways with good roleplaying and average to lucky rolls.

>ron-burgundy-saying-i-dont-believe-you.gif
This. I highly doubt that you managed to avoid reading any of the text for any of the character classes you picked that said "[CLASS] should have a high [STAT] attribute" and just built your characters based on knowledge of buzzwords.

This. It fails at every fucking angle it tries.

>Inb4 anally destroyed D&Drones

It's always been a fucking disaster. The problem is that people can't separate the good times they had playing D&D from the truth that the basic rules have always been a mess.

You can have fun playing a bad system, and sometimes the bullshit that happens in D&D can be fun.

Except, you know, actually having a fucking player-base. At the end of the day, you either play DnD or you don't have a game. Unless you're willing to play on the internet with randos, but even then there are better ways to satisfy a masochism fetish.

Read the original DnD rulebook and stop being a fag. DnD is perfectly serviceable for it's INTENDED game; resource management in a treasure-grabbing team-based dungeon crawler.

Make sure to dismiss my post with some edgy 'lol 3.pfaboo' because you don't understand what 'original' DnD means.

4e was at least partially successful in the angle it was going for, tactical combat that gave every class (not just casters) options.

Annnnd it was one of the most hated editions of DnD ever released because DnDrones have literally been conditioned to hate any kind of improvement. 4e was so bad they all flocked to Pathfinder instead, which takes every problem DnD has and cranks it up to 11.

But is right. If wana play a game, you have to settle for DnD because it's what everyone's familiar with. Unless you're lucky enough that your group are all good enough friends already to take the suggestion of playing anything else seriously.

Life has meaning

That 3.0 DnD > AD&D

Shut the fuck up you spammy faggot frog.

>Veeky Forums actually enjoys things
>spending time on Veeky Forums is a productive and enjoyable experience
>Veeky Forums is good at the games they play
>Veeky Forums understands game design

>>Veeky Forums understands game design
This!

It's the thing that will always prevent good discussion on 3.PF because either a) 3aboos think that "oh, just houserule the problem away" actually fixes shit and b) you're not allowed to talk about the issues because you can "ignore" the bad parts of the system.

No retards, a shitty game with shitty rules cannot be fixed by adding a shitty houserule on top of it, especially when you understand nothing about the game that you're playing beyond surface elements and memes.

In older editions of D&D, PC's were fragile, magic was powerful but not without several weaknesses which the enemy could exploit if you're not careful, and you got more XP from stealing treasure than you got for fighting monsters.

In modern editions, this simply isn't the case. A PC has so much HP that even a ballista doesn't slow them down past level 5 at the minimum, you get more XP from fighting monsters than for anything else, and magic is always the most effective means of doing anything since it a) usually only costs a standard action, b) usually targets will, which is the weakest stat for most physical based monsters, c) has spells that ignore saves and spell resistance, and d) is either an auto-success or forces an opponent to save against their powers.

I mean fuck, even tomb of horrors is watered down piss-water in 5e since PC's can easily survive the odd pitfall or ceiling trap thanks to either their large HP pools, which ruins the entire point of the dungeon.

>It's the thing that will always prevent good discussion on 3.PF because either a) 3aboos think that "oh, just houserule the problem away" actually fixes shit and b) you're not allowed to talk about the issues because you can "ignore" the bad parts of the system.
We have an entire general dedicated to telling people not to play Pathfinder.

>We have an entire general dedicated to telling people not to play Pathfinder.

Now, let's be fair, it's also about kitsunes and telling people not to get hopes up for starfinder. It's not like it's exclusively about PF.

Yet you'll still find people claiming that 3.PF is good for everything outside of /pfg/ just because it's popular for being popular.

Aaand just like that, the very first post completely derails the thread into bullshit. I hope you're happy.

It's not the fisherman's fault that fish are dumb enough to bite a hook.

Every. Thread.

Winner