Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

One user correctly guessed his friend was posting and suddenly the thread derailed edition

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-ynnari/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/white-dwarf-preview/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&sqp=raubriptide&_nkw=tau riptide&_sop=15&_pgn=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for plebbit something /pol/ safe space something

Female marines

Second for Chaos.

Third for Crusaders

so now that we've had the leaks for 8th out for a while is there anything we haven't shitpos- i mean discussed in depth?

Thinking of starting a new Admech army. What are they supposed to use for melee? Infiltrators? Priests? Dragoons?

So, will we see Riptides replaced by Xv 107s and 109s?
Will FW make a killing off Tau players?

Dakkadakka is still up, reddit ate most forums. Most of the forums are about as bad as the 40kg or worse.

If the Riptidefags don't ditch Tau, which they are doing as evidenced by the more than a few auctions for multiple unpainted Riptides and other Tau collections, they'd have to buy the Y'Vahra.

Speaking of, tried to clean the list a bit:
2x Stormtrooper Vanguard - 353 each
Tempestor Prime - 45
Command Rod, Axe

2x Command Squad - 128
4x Plasma

Command Squad
4x HSVG

Commissar - 34
Sword

Taurox Prime - 96
2x HSVG, Gatling Cannon

Rough Riders - 50
Ministorum/Scion Vanguard - 1144

3x 4-man Crusader Squads - (204)

Priest - 57
Eviscerator

2x Sororitas Rhino - (154)

Tempestor Prime - 40
Command Rod

Command Squad - 72
4x HSVG

2x Scion Squad - 136
2x HSVG

Leman Russ
+these guys in the Ministorum Vanguard (accounted for in the 1144 pts for that detachment)

Long Fangs - 172
4x Plasma Cannon
Plasma Gun

Dev Squad - 177
4x Grav Cannon
2 Tempestors dropping in with Plasma Command squads, or riding up in tauroxes with the Commissars. Tempestor with an HSVG Command Squad and 2x HSVG 5 man squads camping objectives

Leman Russ either plinking things from the back or being a DISTRACTION CARNIFEX in the middle.

Rough Riders flanking.

Crusaders, Priest, Inquisitor and Acolytes in 2 Rhinos.

Devastators sitting in ruins midfield and also camping objectives, but shooting armor and heavy things instead of infantry.

Would it blend, /40kg/?

would you care about kanz being on 50mm bases? I think it looks better and is more fitting than them being on the same bases as deff dreads

So what could we expect with the fallen as a seperate army?

Having a hard time deciding on what I'm going to roll for my first space wolf army list. Play group is going to start with a few 1000 point games to try stuff out first. I wish I had more bikers as they seem pretty damn strong this edition, but current models available are infantry heavy. Might resort to mass bloodclaw drop pods with some grey hunters huffing it / rhinos. Anyone field test the army yet or have some solid papercraft theories on ideas?

cypher going hard

>Tfw all those little faction specific forums gone forever, swallowed up by leddit

I hate forums, but still feels bad man.

Reading up on the 8e rulebook. Can you now charge after firing a Rapid Fire or Heavy Weapon?
I don't see anything in the weapon type rules, movement, or charging rules that say anything about it which makes me think you can but I could always be wrong. Am I missing something here?

Not really now that base sizes mean jack shit.

Serious question, if I name my vanilla marine chapter 'Fallen' can I legit make a Fallen army with Cypher as the warlord?

yes, everything can charge anything

Except things that have advanced and don't have a rule that allows them to despite having done, right?
Is there a list of those anywhere?

Why the fuck does running bar charging anyway? It seems like such a fucking annoying nerf for melee-focussed footslogging armies.

I like both IG and GK, how bad would it be to collect some knights and field both this edition? Thinking of

power level > matched play

Constructive discussion > Your shitpost

short answer is no

long answer is: fallen is a faction, not a chapter.

Just because you name your faction Tyranids doesn't mean the swarmlord will fight with you.

In open play you can do whatever your opponent allows you to do

You can just take Fallen as troops since they're Imperium and take marine toys as well. No shenanigans required

Interceptors probably still better than strike squads.

Terminators probably good melee punch this time around.

Dreadknights got nerfed.

Dreadnoughts got buffed.

That's basically it.

in my opinion, it's because it leads to excessively large threat bubble when compared to shooting ranges. This is already shaping up to be a pretty viable edition for melee with delivery methods getting better, melee armies don't need another +d6 stacked on top of their potential threat range.
It's a gameplay over realism decision, even though it's a little janky.

It's this weird dichotomy where if it's a ranged vs melee match up only one side gets to really deal damage at a time if both armies move as one. Which makes sense but leaves games without both players playing well (kiting, bubble wrapping, selectively varying advances, target priority, a variety of delivery methods etc.) feeling one sided.

I'd also argue something along the lines of objective based missions forcing shooting armies to move forward to deal with melee armies at closer range means that melee threat range bubbles shouldn't get too big for the majority of armies.

I dunno, this could all be rubbish and I have no real idea what I'm talking about.

"Models that charged this turn can only target units that they charged in the previous phase."

So...yeah you can charge one unit, move your models up to 1" towards a second nearby unit and then pile in into them as well, thus preventing that second unit from firing overwatch, but you can't attack it during the fight phase, because you did not declare a charge against that second unit.

Okay.

where are all these unpainted riptides, not on my ebay
are waacfags a us thing?

fuck the tau and shooting, this is space fantasy

So, so long as all the models have 'Imperium' key word in their faction keywords you can include them in the same detachment?

yeah, it makes an IMPERIUM detachment, which means you don't get cool things which don't exist yet, the closest thing is the chaos rules.

So a legion can include zerkers as a troop choice, but you can't have any fallen in the detachment.

If it's a CHAOS detachment then zerkers are elites but you can include fallen

This isn't true.

In order to field Khorne Berserkers as a troop choice, they must have the World Eaters keyword.

This doesn't stop you from fielding Fallen, other Legions, or other Chaos in general in the same detachment.

>literally type in "tau riptide" without quotes
>dozens of unpainted/primer only riptides for sale and already sold

yes it does, the entire detachment must be

Looking to get into 40k with 8th

Are Wulfen a good unit for space wolves? I've got an iron priest and some sniper scouts so far and I was going to pick up some Wulfen.

Page number and paragraph.

anybody play with shooty terminators yet? They seem better than assault termies now

m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&sqp=raubriptide&_nkw=tau riptide&_sop=15&_pgn=2

They were pretty good in 7E, but worse than TWC. In 8E, if you give them hammers and shields they'll have the power to take down huge and dangerous vehicles like Knights while keeping that even-more-valuable this edition 3++. I don't know how good the non-shield loadouts are.

user said auctions for multiple unpainted riptides

you can type in anything 40k related and find auctions for dozens of individual models, does that mean everyone is dumping every army?

Look at the pic a few posts up. One of the Riptides has a (RT5) marker lol

Hey with this new shit coming out it seems like a good time to get into this game, right? I want to pre order one of these starter collections which one should I pick? I am thinking either the Orks or the Nurgle demons because they looks cool.

There's 5 Riptides from the same owner sold.

Sorry what unit is TWC? I've come from Shadow war armageddon; new to table top.

You have no fucking idea how to navigate eBay/judge seller history. You should probably get good before talking shit. You probably suck at Google to and just ask everything on Veeky Forums.

Oh look, you already did.

Shooty terminators have the volume of fire to take on hordes, but without stormshields get absolutely demolished by genestealers. It's not even a contest.

Thunderwolf Cavalry. Basic infantry and their carried weapons are a lot better in 8E so your scouts and regular SW should be at least desirable even if they're not the best.

>Hey with this new shit coming out it seems like a good time to get into this game, right?
For the first time in a long time, I don't feel bad trying to get people to play. Basically, yes.

>I want to pre order one of these starter collections which one should I pick?
There's only a dozen of them.

>I am thinking either the Orks or the Nurgle demons because they looks cool.

Orks are great now in general, but you'll be spending a lot of money on Boyz. People have a lot of fun with Orks in general.

Nurgle is getting friends, soon and you can also split an 8th starter box with someone.

I would say Nurgle, but you do you. Flip a coin and you'll know which one you want.

I currently have a tac marine squad equipped with plasma weapon, should I equip them with a heavy? And so what?

Plasma cannon or grav cannon.

Heavy weapons are actually good now since their accuracy is higher when moving, can fire at separate targets, and all of them had their stats changed/buffed/targets nerfed.

I'd say all the heavy weapons are good but the best ones are probably the GC, LC, and ML.

I can't say I like the start collecting box of the orks very much. And I say that as an ork player.
Especially now that the painboy isn't even an HQ model anymore.

Missile launchers are objectively the worst heavy weapon. They're worse than plasma cannons and grav cannons in every role.

I should probably read up on this shit but uh there's a lot to read. Can you mix and match all the demons in an army or do you have to stick with like just Nurgle or just Khorne?

You can do both. Right now it really doesn't matter, but in the near/far future when the codicies drop you may get an advantage if you stick to a single god.
I run Tzeentch with Nurgle cause I love them both equally.

Thank you user

Proof?

>For the first time in a long time, I don't feel bad trying to get people to play. Basically, yes

I know the feeling. There was one guy at our club who started playing in the middle of 7th as nids because he really loved the army, only to find out how garbage they were. I'm trying to convince him to try again in 8th. Same for like 4 or 5 other guys. This could save our play group.

First of a new batch of CSM I bought. No wash or highlights yet.
C&C? Couldn't find the mini paint thread.

Yep. Gunline armies will need screening units, or at least proper spacing, to mitigate the firepower lost to pile-ins and consolidation.

Maybe go over the red areas one more time, I can see the primer showing through in a few spots, like his shoulder pad.
After that, just slap a wash and some highlights on that guy and he'll look great.

Missile launcher vs grav cannon:

ML is 25 points, grav is 28

Vs GEQ, a frag missile gets 3.5 shots, 2.3 hits, 1.5 wounds, 1 unsaved wounds.
Grav cannon gets 4 shots, 2.6 hits, 1.7 unsaved wounds.

Vs MEQ: Frag missile gets 3.5 shots, 2.3 hits, 1.15 wounds, 0.38 unsaved wounds.
Krak missile gets 0.666 hits, 0.55 wounds, 0.36 unsaved wounds at d6 damage.

Grav cannon gets 4 shots, 2.6 hits, 1.7 wounds, 1.4 unsaved wounds at d3 damage.

Missile launcher vs Rhino

Krak missile gets .66 hits, 0.4 wounds, 0.29 unsaved wounds at d6 damage (1 damage average)
Grav cannon gets 4 shots, 2.66 hits, 0.88 wounds, 0.7 unsaved wounds at d3 damage (1.47 average damage)

Do I need to do plasma too?

Tyranids look the coolest but they're the only starter set that's sold out. Just my luck.

Yeah, but my point was, that you can't actually attack that unit you piled in into during that round.
So you either risk overwatch but be able to attack that second unit, or simply pile up into it, having said unit attack you without being able to fight back.
Though you do get the benefit of having this unit either stick into cc or have to fall back and not do diddly the next round.

>3 points less
>longer range
>barely worse against infantry
>doesn't account for samples where you roll high repeatedly

You must be the reason people hate mathhammer users.

Thanks. 4ppm more for double Move does sound better despite me wanting to mass up on D3 damage attacks and Storm Bolters for less points. I'm guessing Falchions are still good?

>Orks are great now in general, but you'll be spending a lot of money on Boyz.
Is it a bad time to be more into them for the rolling junkyards they call trucks and tanks?

I'll do plasma. 21 points vs missiles 25

Plasma vs GEQ: 1.1 unsaved wounds
Plasma vs MEQ: .73 unsaved wounds, or 0.91 if overcharging

Plasma vs rhino: 0.54 damage, or 1.4 if overcharging.

Keep a captain nearby to reroll 1s.

It does account for it. That's why it's called an average, dipshit. You're as likely to roll low repeatedly as you are to roll high repeatedly.

I could also say that the grav rolls nothing but 3s for damage and 6s to wound, in which case it can do 12 damage to the missile's 6.

Trukks are not that good now.
Tanks are maybe, wait for FW release.
Big stompy mecha is a must get though, comrad.

You're honestly not missing much without it. Sure, the reduced price on the Tyrant and the warriors isn't bad, but you're hardly going to be using them in 8th. As a starter set, it's not quite worth it if you plan on building up a nid collection. The swarm box is a better purchase for that, and comes with much more useful models as well.

Battlewagons with Deffrollas are awesome now.

I don't know if a 70% damage increase for a grav vs frag missiles when targeting GEQ, or a nearly 4 fold improvement vs MEQ is "barely worse" against infantry. Sounds to me you don't know what numbers are.

Conscript spammers can't beat a full unit of genestealers charging an objective.

no, honestly it seems like a great time to be into trukks. They're better at getting the lads around, don't worry about difficult/dangerous terrain anymore, are tougher overall, and far less likely to murder their passengers when they die.

Dreads and kans seem a lot nicer too than they were. Especially nice that you can have a mek bash stuff back together and hide in their midst with a KFF.

Good stuff, perhaps give the bolt pistol some more love, good bolters really sell models imo.

>talking about average
>not spikes

The same logic applies to rolling poorly

Like. Consider for a moment.

It takes 100 points of missile launchers to match the output of 28 points of grav cannons against tactical marines. And somehow missiles are "barely worse".

Is it worth it to ever give Rough Riders special weapons? Or are hunting lances best?

Yep, it's a trade-off. It'll be a good strategy against units with good firepower but poor melee, so you can skip their overwatch, eat their melee attacks without much issue, and still force them to lose a turn of shooting.

People claiming elsewhere there is a FAQ coming for 8th that'll nerf conscripts. Based of dialogue with official playtesters

Figured it was important to mention it here, given the sheer magnitude of conscript angst present

Still waiting on a citation.

Trukks are fine, just more expensive than before. They seem to be more suited for moving around your elite squads than regular boyz.
I was toying with a "kult of speed" list that's just burnas, tankbustas, nobs, and a few buff characters rolling around in trukks. Seems like it could be pretty brutal.

You just made that up.

I don't give a shit about conscripts, I care about genestealers. They will pacman through your whole army and there isn't shit you can do about it.

50 Power List 1 Inquisitor, maybe in Terminator armour
X acolytes, to make up the power 3 units of 5 Custodians

Mostly the angst is related to any meme spammer. Rational people can see that conscripts are good, but not "take 500 and call it a list" good.

True guard fans don't like people hyping their codex into taudar levels of grief on the basis of a list that no rational person will ever take.

What if you shot them with guns?

I'm quoting users on Dakka.
So whether the person is making crap up about playtester remarks remains to be seen.

Supposedly not that far off the FAQ, so we'll see

You think its worth giving scion command squads medipacks if you arent planning on using them as suicide droppers (3 HSVG+ medipack for objective holding and heals)

Here

Good luck. I'm behind a venomthrope and the Horror.

They can deep strike, or they can move 8 + run + charge about 20 inches. And with 5+ invuln saves they can take some fire. And they'll probably have catalyst on them. If they lose 5 or 6 on the way in they still get 60 fucking attacks that hit on 2+ and rend.

OH BOYY SWEET (macha asssssssss)

>tabs
nice

If you're hiding behind a venomthrope then all I have to fear is the mighty genestealer ranged attack.

I think I'll live

wrong post

Well, by behind, I mean daisy chained into one.

You've still got to worry about claws.

In theory, for the role of long range anti tank, isn't the krak missile still the most ideal choice per points? Most vehicle armor seems to be T7 and S8 nets you 2+ to wound against T4 - lascannons really only seem better at hurting the rarer T8 vehicle.

Then as far as causing damage goes, aren't the high damage low shot weapons more economical to use in concert with command points? Ex: you can use your command re roll on your 1 to wound roll for the krak shot but only on 1 of your to wound rolls for the grav cannon?

Either way, the new long fangs excite me.

Are Ogryn even worth taking in 8th considering Bullgryns are only 5 points more expensive up to 9 with the obligatory power mauls?