Exalted General - /exg/

What is Exalted?
An epic high flying game (20/25 km) about anime heroes in a world made for feet fetishists.

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read a book or something. I don't know.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Sufficient Velocity has a large and inclusive exalted fanbase always willing to help you discover new groups.

Resources for Third Edition
>Tv Tropes
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TabletopGame/Exalted

>Fanfic
archiveofourown.org/tags/Exalted/works
fanfiction.net/game/White-Wolf/

>Pictures
deviantart.com/tag/exalted
pinterest.com/letipex/exalted-inspiration/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

n-e-r-v-o-u-s.com/blog/?p=7162
theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/
mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8
pastebin.com/d8erArwm
pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/1069023-ask-the-devs?p=1103519#post1103519
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Man I am going through the ask the Devs thread on the forums and GOD DAMN I want this book now.

Siege weapons will be included on top of warstriders and Hearthstones. Then you know all the actual Artifacts. I was hoping we would be getting this at the end of the month but Rich seems to think we may drift into July.

Monarchies of Mau Early Access seems to be coming out this week after being in the same place as Arms is now back in early May. So hopefully we can get it second week or so in July.

Check out the monday meeting notes and look at Arms. It may be here sooner than you think.

DBs when?

March.

If you're an infernal, can you fuck your coadjutor?

As much as the horsefuckers can fuck their tulpas, user.

Can you waifu your Coadjutor?

Siege weapons will be interesting to see just because of their niche use. The fact that there was a charm that interacted with them but no rules for them was a bother.

Any ideas on what the Battle of Alesia might be like in Exalted?

So, anons, you're playing a hypersexualized Zenith Caste whose character concept is basically "the best courtesan/temple-prostitute in the world".

Which suit of artifact "armor" would you rather have, assuming both of them had the same mechanics as Freedom's Cadence?

A: An orichalcum and gossamer bellydancer outfit, with a double-slitted skirt and a sash that's worn around the breasts (starting behind neck, then crossing over chest to go beneath each breast then being tied behind the back) which doubles as a dancing prop when removed, with all of its cloth being fringed by orichalcum wire and loads of little bells and coins. The cloth is Fair Folk gossamer in the form of solidified air, and can assume any color of the sky, from starlit black, to sky blue, to the reds and purples of dawn and dusk or the many whites and greys of the clouds, and can likewise alter its transparency from "almost opaque" to "so sheer it might as well not be there".

B: A dress made from firmin resin alloyed with a touch of moonsilver, 3D printed around the soul of an agata to create a design similar to this:

n-e-r-v-o-u-s.com/blog/?p=7162

The moonsilver allows the resin to reshape the petals of the design at will, allowing the dress to resemble a cloak of iridescent feathers, the pebbly hide of the greatest lizards, or simply remove the petals to make it look like a dress of metal fishnet that does little to hide what is beneath.

If they're both mechanically identical, would it just be a matter of personal preference? I'd personally take the first one if the sash/cloth can be used as a whip for the purposes of using Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style.

In dreams, theoretically. But the coadjutor has no body. The most you could do is, "think dirty to me."

The first. Seems lewder.

Remind me, will Arms have rules for homebreweing Artefacts?

Holy shit. I didn't think it was possible to make an even more useless OP than the last one, and you somehow still managed it. Good job, retard

>Tv Tropes

We've been told it will have guidelines for artifacts and evocations, yes.

Happy anniversary everyone!
As of today it has officially been three full years since the very first exalted third edition leak. You know, the one that was just a bunch of play test documents. archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/32755548/
If you're wondering why these threads seem a little bit dead about now, well this is more than likely why. It's been years from our perspective since the core material came out, even if it was only released properly a year or so ago. In any case I invite everyone to reminisce about those early days. It seems our first arguments were about the various anima powers. Remember how long it took the material to actually get out beause no one would leak it? Remember how we apparently used to care about the devs?
In any case, I actually enjoy these threads and hope to see you guys for more books and years to come.

>tfw no red panda lunar waifu
>Ketchup carjack did nothing wrong

>Those early threads of anons posting charm spoilers and people freaking out over them
Those were fun times. I wish we could go back.

Punch a Shinma until you can.

Anybody got any good ideas on what powers to give a combat focused Fair Folk Noble? I want to make something a bit more potent then the Fair Folk combatant in the core.

give them some grappling powers, maybe an extra pair of arms to defend properly while grapping. maybe the ability to spit out vines that tie up their enemies so they can get some easy murder hits.

First off, what is its schtick, its "story"? Is it a dashing, showy duelist with a rapier? Is it a rampaging mad brute? Is it a ronin type that unsheathes its katana and teleports behind you?

what region of creation would have a naming scheme that would support calling my philosopher/crazyhobo lunar "diogenes"? (spirit animal of dog)

Alright cool.

Vlad the Impaler. He is leading an army of Hobgoblins and crucifying and Impaling people while sieging a city.

why remove the past editions resources? they've already been banished to a pastebin, how was that not enough?

Because OP is a faggot

Sounds like he could do with some intimidation powers. Like anyone who sees the impaled has to check against supernatural fear.

Ok, how about a custom charm that lets him impale somebody with his lance. Functions as a grapple made with his weapon's dice pool that, when successful, also rolls 1 dice of unresistable damage against the foe per round that they are grappled on their turn that stacks per round to a limit of the Noble's Essence.

What would be an MA that has good synergy with Righteous devil style in 3e, I wanna find something that works well with flamethrower Kata but I'm drawing a blank

The only thing compatible is White Reaper. Arms should have some good Evocations for the style , though.

That's a bummer, thanks

Oh god, remember how much people fucking got angry over doomboat charm? And that one lore on as well.

Good times, good times.

>And that one lore on as well.
wut

>Remember how we apparently used to care about the devs?

When did you change your mind about Holdorke, user?

When in doubt: scavenger lands

Personally I never did. I still wish they were on the team. But then again, I'm not some sort of super fan so I'm fine with release dates being a little slow.

Remember the constant back and forth over whether the new solar set was to strong or to weak?
Remember people saying integrity was useless? Or resistance?
Man those early threads were absolutely insane. Hell even the threads before, with 2e, were all pretty fun.
God I can't wait for new books to hit. I want this place to be lively again.

come back in April 2018

Just for my information, what age are you?

You all seem to have the emotional maturity of a 14 years old, unable to understand jokes and getting angry over small teasing. Do 14 years old play Exalted? It's an interest for me. It sure speaks well of the fanbase if 14 years old are getting into it.

1. There was a standard OP post. Some people (myself included) think some standards should be met
2. You shouldn't forget that many people actually have emotional maturity of 14 year old. Why be civil and eloquent when you can be a screaming man child?

Pirates get mad when you take away their free stuff.

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world where shoes are optional.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/d8erArwm
pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf

Previous Thread

The one lore charm that lets you declare doom on a town or whatever

>I did something shitty
>people get mad at me doing something shitty
>better call them 14 year olds, LEL

>links to TV Tropes
>calls others immature
Just hurry up and kill yourself m8.

It's better off not finding out.
So many of the retards are in their 30s with jobs that make you fear for the future of the human race.

takes one to know one cockgobbler

you don't like it make your own thread you 14 year old autist

>being this mad over mild criticism

lmao

I miss happy Exalted threads.

The saddest thing is I don't remember E2-era threads ever being so slow and prone to dying as the ones we have now.

That's because E2 era threads were almost nonexistent. It didn't have a dedicated general or anything.

What? No there was an exalted general up and running well before the leaks came out. I vaguely remember them going back almost as far as Veeky Forums did back when we had archives that actually went back that far.

is right, you know.

Speaking of 2e era threads, has anyone ever fought the deathlords in those games? How did that even work?

Deathlords had the retarded "All Abyssal and Solar charms" so they were a bitch to do anything with RAW. My groups just houseruled that shit out and gave them badass Solar/Abyssal builds.

Yeah I know that part, I'm just thinking someone somewhere out there had to give it a shot anyways. Particularly with some of the dreams of the first age material in mind.

>How did that even work?

It didn't unless you basically stripped away all of their rules. As written, they're unstoppable because they have more motes than anything else and all of the dumbest shit they could ever stack on one creature without just going "lol they're so strong they have no stats and you just lose if you ever confront it" like games used to do back in the 80's.

Re-requesting that someone post the spoiled warstrider tree

>TFW the spoiled Warstrider is stated to be a cross between Evangelion 01 and Numidium

I know what neither of those things are. What exactly does this mean?

Warstriders are going to be living berserker mechs that eat their enemies to gain power.

Karvara itself is going to be able to speak a single syllable of anti-language which negates reality in front of it.

Go outside, find a brick wall or very large rock and punch it for 4-5 hours.

Exactly what fighting a Deathlord in 2e is like.

Except the brick wall is made of knives.

And hate.

evangelon is an anime, numidium is the dwarf-made "brass god" from elderscrolls, features heavily in the ending to the daggerfall game

this reminds me, did that guy ever post his 2e from scratch custom 'themed' deathlord charms awhile back?

Yes, though the secret weakness was almost invariably invoked or the Deathlord made stupid tactical choices

There were occasional Exalted threads here and there but not a dedicated general IIRC

There was a dedicated Exalted General back then, but they weren't quite as regularly up or with a regular OP splash. So, yes, but also no.

Man the charm spoiler days really were alot of fun, even if each new one could set off a new shittorm. Anyone have the date of the second leak? I'd like to see the reactions to that as well

Can't recall, though I want to say maybe a year passed?

I'm not even the OP I just like seeing if I can get things to escalate

In that case, carry on.

How would you stat Cluivnarihe from Keychain or Creation?

Post more Abyssal waifus pls.

What does Cluivnarihe do? From what I remember she can transform between a sword and bow, and talk shit.

Abyssals aren't fit for waifu's, because every time you give them a solid dicking they cause a city wide abortion.

only a problem if you want babies

But thats not the only problem. Three words: Vaginal grave rot

And next to that, all the noise. Do you have any idea how much noise a skeleton army makes? All that rattling and chattering? They don't look deathly because of their Exaltion, they look that way because they haven't had a good night's sleep in years.

Looks like another downside is Micheal Jackson face.

This just in:

Vance will put obese fatties into the game so tumblerinas won't feel bad about being fat.

Are you not down with the thiccness, user? Also, sauce?

Can he start putting retards into the game so Morke and Holden won't feel bad?

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/1069023-ask-the-devs?p=1103519#post1103519

>Do y'all have any plans to introduce more Exalts down the line with varying body shapes? The setting's surely already got enough guys with rock-hard abs and girls whose only body fat is on their chests, right? Can we see a soft belly that isn't Sesus Nagezzar's?

>Yes, representing a diverse variety of body types is something that's important to us. You'll see this starting with the new signature Dragon-Blooded characters.

>I really appreciate this, by the way, thank you. It's not that I dislike Nagezzar - he's great - it's just that, frankly, we need more Exalts who lack an action-movie-protagonist physique, since otherwise people will make it their headcanon that "an Exalt only gets fat if there's something wrong with them." (Yecch! Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.)

I'm going to regret asking for sure, but... details? Links?

>so tumblerinas won't feel bad about being fat.
-Or he's trying to appeal to guys with a fat fetish...

I'm just saying.

I'm not too bothered by the idea (a Wood Aspect with the physique of an old-school fertility goddess is something that absolutely should be), but it bugs me that this is really just another virtue-signaling call-and-response session. I'm just glad Vance generally refrains from bringing it up outside of direct queries.

A: As a Storyteller, you can easily change the BMI and looks of a character without it influencing the story at large.
B:He's talking about different body types, not specifically hyper fat people. There are other body types that easily fit within exalted that could work. (I'm not saying they're going to go with reasonable choices, just that there are options.)

>"an Exalt only gets fat if there's something wrong with them."
This is such a nonsense sentence. Being fat is 'something being wrong with them' already. I mean, I don't mind a chubby Lunar or anything as long as it's a badass kind of chubby with muscles underneath (like a sumo ringer or something.)

Perfectly spherical 400kg DBs with custom 'roll over and flatten the enemy' charms when?

sorry user, that'd have to be an exigent.

user don't you know? There is nothing wrong with fat people? They are able-bodied, dexterous as fit people. It is just body-shamming . Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. Those 80 pounds of body fat doesn't do anything to handicap them in any way.

Only if they can form an avalanche of Dragonbloods rolling down the hills like giant boulders of fat destruction.

I can also see a kind of Maitreya type figure if they want go all the way with it. Might not have the highest physicals in the world though.