mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy
tcdecks.net/format.php?format=Legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

> Budget lists for newer players
docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ

Other urls found in this thread:

thesaltminesite.com/2017/06/13/miracles-gone-wild-my-first-topless-tournament-experience/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/old-school-doomsday/
mtggoldfish.com/articles/this-week-in-legacy-may-statistics-more-gp-vegas-prep-and-an-interview-with-the-australian-legacy-champ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

here's a writeup someone did of coming in 17th with it at a paper tournament. thesaltminesite.com/2017/06/13/miracles-gone-wild-my-first-topless-tournament-experience/
It continues to place well online. It's definitely weaker to combo than it used to be though.

I just fucking love that Portent is finally seeing some play. I loved that card back in Ice Age.

Why does no one use IGG in storm anymore?

Ice Age was awesome, when I got back into magic last year I bought a complete set...then looked up Cold Snap, did not love it.

Because past in flames does the same thing better without giving your opponent cards back.

>cuck I'm facing is playing dredge

I've been playing around with a circa-2010 doomsday list with silences and the iggy loop and not only is it a ton of fun but I'm suprised by how I don't feel crippled by not playing PiF.

Anytime i would want to use IGG i just use Ad Nauseam and won.

Iggy loop is a deterministic kill and ad naus is not. Ad Nauseam shouldn't even be played in the main deck of ANT.

Ad nauseam shouldn't even be played in ad nauseam tendrils? Well shit, we have all been doing things wrong. Listen to this guy instead.

Joking aside, anyone got any ideas for juicy cards to build around?

Build a draw7 storm deck with slither muse and diminishing returns

List?

I never said i played ANT you fucker. i play tes cuz is like a thousand times better.

I play dredge since its the......the....(vomits) best led deck in the format

go to sleep bryant

I'm convinced you're retarded.

So tonight I played some legacy rounds with Pox!!! and had a good time.

Something like this: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/old-school-doomsday/

What does Aluren need to be a contender again in the current meta? Love the deck, but it seems kind of clunky...

Be able to combo faster when racing other combo decks

Always nice when an old card finds a new home and we get to enjoy some of the free-er art choices. No Jace, forced story-event depiction with snarky flavour text, or digital painting.

Not easy when your haymaker costs 4.

Mono green snake stompy gets a new tool

Seems good as a 1 of in GSZ decks that are running wasteland

>It continues to place well online
No, it doesn't.

>Magus of the Crucible

It's got the 2nd highest share of 5-0 leagues on MTGO

Because everyone's still playing it due to having the pieces and not enough money to switch over to other decks. The deck itself isn't that great.

So you agree it is placing well, but that it isn't great despite this?

It's placing well because there's so many people playing it that it's bound to place well. Quantity over quality.

So when you said
>No, it doesn't.
you meant
>Yes, it does
common mistake, don't worry

The deck itself continues to put up results. Many 5-0s, 2 in the top 16 of the last mtgo legacy challenge. A handful of reasonably sized Paper top 8s. I don't know what you'd need to show that the deck is viable and probably t1.5

I'm sure grixis delver is only placing well because of how many people are playing it, not because it's any good.

Sorry I often mistake "decks placing well" with "decks being good" because I personally think that decks winning by swarming the field aren't actually that good.

But how do you know how many people play the deck? Can you prove that the deck is swarming the field? Are grixis delver and storm also weak decks that are merely swarming the field?

HEY! That Doomsday guy who was moping about the Top ban, there's a spicy new list by Albert Haung using Three Wishes and Act on Impulse! It's at the bottom of the article:

mtggoldfish.com/articles/this-week-in-legacy-may-statistics-more-gp-vegas-prep-and-an-interview-with-the-australian-legacy-champ

As for me, I'm thinking about shelving Reanimator for a bit because my LGS was swarmed with various flavors of Delver/Shaman (and I'm just not very good at drawing the pieces I need when I need to). What are some good decks that prey on Delver? I'm thinking either Pox, Nic Fit, or something with Blood Moon (although I don't have a playset of Magus of the Moon yet, I was hoping it'd go down in price).

Thanks, I'm well aware of his list. It's based off all the discussion from the storm boards. I've played many matches with earlier iterations of this kind of list. I do like that he cut the baubles a lot of people are still playing. I've been moving in that direction too. I probably should just put in the reps with a somewhat-proven list like this to get a better feel for it but they still feel really clunky to me without top so I've been staying away from 4c wish lists and aiming at faster 2-3c lists without wish since they feel more streamlined. My biggest issue right now is that I tilt HARD and so when the deck clunks around I get frustrated and end up going off the deep end and playing list like that DDFT2k10 list I posted a ways back instead of sticking with something to learn it properly.

Anything with pfire tends to dumpster delver, primarily lands but also 4c loam or even jund. Also pox probably is the best of those decks you mentioned against delver

Pox definitely brutalizes delver, but it might struggle against other random crap.

If you think that ant is better than tes, he is not the only retard here.

I think that there are enough people playing online that the variance produced by people playing decks for reasons other than power level (it's the only deck they own, it's their pet deck, etc) are small enough to not impact deck tier lists that much. Therefore, deck popularity and placings are almost always closely related to deck tier/power

I don't understand how you've reached the conclusion that I think ANT is better than TES but I suggest you reread the relevant comments and do some personal reflection and maybe get an MRI before commenting again.

>Why people don't play Iggy pop
>Ad nauseum is better
>No it's not in ant
>I don't play ant. I play tes which is a better ad nauseum deck
>You are a retard
Wewew
Now you can say that tes is not a better ad nauseum deck. But it is for is much smaller CMC curve and the chrome Mox/diamond package that normally runs over ant. But again then the retard is still you.

TES is definitely the better Ad Nauseam deck since it is built to use it. But if you are playing mox diamond in your TES list you are in fact retarded. Also you are retarded because you speak like a savage and think TES is overall a better deck than ANT.

Why wouldn't you just play chrome mox like a sane human being, right........ most people here are not human

But it is.

Why?

I wouldn't say TES is better than ANT, they are just better at different things. As noted, TES is the better Ad Nauseum deck while ANT is the better past in flames deck. TES also feels better against D&T due to its speed while ANT has felt better against delver variants to me. basically: TES = Speed, ANT = Reliability. In my opinion its wrong to say one is better than the other, they both can be great choices depending on the decks you are going to face. For instance my meta is infested with D&T and Burn which places a premium on speed making TES the better choice of the two.

Sure, there is an argument to be made for metagaming, but if I was going in blind or into a typical meta I would take ant every time. It's consistency is just more powerful than anything tes can do, and that's why ant has significantly more 5-0s and top 8s than any other storm variant

Guys, totally unrelated but... do you guys have news of galvanicAutogenitor?
I've been testing quite a lot, some questions arised and I wanted the help of our judge...
Is he/she on holiday? dead?

Haven't seen an AAJ thread in many moons but you can probably get your question answered here.

Does anyone here stream? What do you use?

>That feel when you're thinking about trying to make Mono Green control

That Naga that can play cards from the graveyard seems pretty fantastic, and it's tutor-able with Worldly Tutor. With one of the "play an extra land" enchantments, crop rotations, you could probably start Wastelanding every turn to beat up nonbasic mana base. That Nissa Planeswalker from Kaledesh was pretty serviceable too (I've seen her pop up in Elves decks).

I toyed with it once in twitch.
Download OBS and create a twitch account.It's reaaaally easy to do. You can start streaming in a few minutes without any prior experience (at least I could).

Google "twitch OBS", first result. (Veeky Forums believes any link with twitch in the address is spam )

> cleric

> naga
> not snek

>2017
>not knowing that naga are serpent deities from Hindu mythology
I know it's not a snek but it's the best snake stompy can get

i much prefer faerie macabre but live your dream

Leyline of the Void is the best grave hate senpai. Just fuck em right up.

Was about to to say, combos with Helm and is turn 0 gy hate.

once again this is the coziest general, when it can stay bumped. /edhg/ is infested with namefags.

Turn 1 Master of the Feast is cool. Dark Ritual is cool.

Literally this. Can I hang out with you guys and talk about silly jank interactions, just until the storm blows over?

Why is he so perfect?

>pay to win general
How are those Forces of will going, guys?

Shit, I need to get that for my colorless EDZ deck.

More like Pay to Play

he dies for a few months every now and then before our collective confusion resurrects him.

OK then: my question was about outside help. Let's say we're in a tournament and my opponent knows the guy seating at the next table. My oppo draws his starting hand, looks skeptical, shows the hand to his friend who goes :( , and then decides to shuffle and draw 6. Is that outside help?

Other situation: end of round, almost everyone finished playing and clumps around another game. Say a player forgets a trigger, or someone doesn't do the thing correctly (for ex., someone casts a Brainstorm while there's a Chalice for 1 on the board, but they forget, or someone puts a creature in the graveyard after a Swords to plowshares): can one of the people watching remember the player of the trigger, or comment?

I'm not sure those situations are clearly mentioned in the rules, but they happen all the time (also, I play in Northeast Italy, and the community is tiny, so we all know each other and those situations are supercommon)

Because he ran out of fucks to give

An outside player can call a judge.

part1: This could definitely be considered outside help, especially if you think the friend's opinion influenced the decision. In a competitive REL tournament I would definitely consider calling a judge, . At FNM or whatever, I wouldn't really care about this. But better to not ask for or provide an opinion in a situation like that.

part 2: The spectators can't remind the players of things like that; that would definitely be considered outside help. What they can do is request that the players stop playing, and the spectator can actually call a judge to resolve the situation. Spectators can do this with any situation that they think could require a judge call.

>call a judge
So basically, I cannot tell a player "you forgot the Chalice trigger" but I can tell both player "stop everything! judge, how come this Brainstorm resolved with a Chalice for 1 in play" ?

Don't announce it to everyone, tell the judge away from the table what happened and let them resolve it

Basically. You ask them to stop the game so the game state doesn't change, and you go speak to a judge, preferably away from the table as indicated.

Has anyone ever tried playing Reanimated int the sideboard of storm for the reanimator/snt matchup? They discard gris, you reanimate it instead of them, and draw 7 and win?

I do homeboi

Absolutely, I love jank interactions.

Problem with that is that Reanimate is a Sorcery, and typically Reanimator players will only pitch things to its graveyard during its end step (entomb) or on the turn they plan to reanimate it themselves.

That can he solved with leyline of antici

pation

Glad you finished that. The anticipation was killing me.

P gud breh. Just the other day some filthy standard peasant asked me if I could spare a lightning bolt. I told him I could before cracking open a PSA 9.5 gem mint black lotus and using it to light my cigar while scattering a fist full of fourth editions at his feet.

I know you're a liar cause bolt isn't in standard. I bet your lotus was only an 8.5 too fag

Sometimes peasants want a fleeting taste of the good life
He probably traded away all of his "Gideons" and "gearhulks" to put together burn

holy shit magic sucks now

>bolt isn't in standard
Hence the begging. 8.5 would spoil the cigar; barely suitable for kindling.

Swagadoodledoo

Nice dude, I heard Australian USeas are pretty hard to find

Looking good, Lim-Dul's Vault is such a sweet card.

I've been thinking about trying Looter Scooters in Tezz, what do you guys think? I stole one with Dack a while ago and realized I quite liked it, since Daretti's defender tokens can crew it alongsides Strixes and it gives me some much-needed card parity.

I got that reference no homo

With tons of cantrips, counters and maybe cheap other recursion stuff, think this is possible?

It's not about naga vs snek, it's about missing out on snek tribal bonuses

I think you'd need to be able to get something out of discarding those cards other than a big tog. some kind of synergy. Maybe like a bug loam deck?

psychatog gets +x+x

where
x = 2n + 1/2 n,
n = number of cards in hand -1 (assuming you have shadow of the grave in your hand and 0 graveyard)

might as well just stick to upheaval t b h f a m i g l i a

Does it make sense to:
crack LED in response to Infernal Tutor in response to Shadow of the Grave?

Why isn't anyone talking about this?
>Play Tomb/City
>Play this
>See fetchlands
>Name fetchlands
???

glad to see a pithing needle type effect in standard at least

Well no. Shadow resolves, putting everything back in your hand, then Infernal resolves, and you're not hellbent.

I'm not sure how good the card actually is. If you look at their hand and see nothing, you're naming blind and it's just pithing needle. If you see like a dual and 2 different fetches, it's a sinkhole they can undo with abrupt decay. It'll probably see some play but I doubt it will make serious waves.

Anyone watching the last round of the gp day 1? Goblins is fucking 8-0