STILL playing Dungeons and Dragons

>STILL playing Dungeons and Dragons
Explain yourselves.

No.

Explain yourself NOW.

I like having a bad game rather than no game.

>I like getting fucked in the ass instead of being a virgin.
This is what you sound like

>5e is the best thing we've ever played!
t. one of my players

>STILL making these threads
Explain yourselves.

I don't know whether someone would say that because they don't know any better or because they have lower expectations after playing 3.PF or something.

>Stop having fun with things I don't like!

This is what you sound like.

Did we really need ANOTHER topic for some friendless faggot to bitch about how he doesn't like DnD because he has some imaginary perfect system in his head that won't actually ever exist ever nor does he have the friends to actually play it if it did.

You should take your own advice though, if only because it can't be any worse than the stick up your ass already.

Tabletop is a hobby, and people tend to do the thing that makes them happy in their spare time.

Posting partisan bullshit on a Thai Bitstrips fansite is yours and continuing to ignore the same bullshit is mine.

It's fun.

You'd rather deal with a shit game that you're not enjoying than not playing at all, which at least means that you're free to do something else with your time, which is the definition of being bottom bitch.

Don't project your latent homosexuality onto me just because you can't understand why someone else doesn't enjoy getting their shit-packed as much as you do faggot.

>continuing to ignore the same bullshit is mine.
>he says while giving OP (you)'s and encouraging his behavior

Are you saying that I didn't lose my virginity when I slept with my girlfriend? Because I'm pretty sure you don't know anything about sex or relationships.

Except I never said I didn't enjoy it, sooo your point is kind of completely moot.

Now lets talk about projection and how mad u is, bruh.

It's fun
D&D4e is a good TTRPG

>Stop enjoying things I don't like!
>Just because I hate a thing, that must mean you hate it too!
>You only play things you hate because you're gay!

Wow... just fucking wow. Do your parents know the kinds of things you're saying online kiddo, cos someone really needs to shove a bar of soap in your mouth.

>Except I never said I didn't enjoy it
Ahem
>
>I like having a bad game rather than no game.

Oh, but let me guess, this wasn't your post or something?

It is indeed fun, user
AD&D and Moldvay's Basic are also quite good.

I'm saying that it wouldn't surprise me if your girlfriend brought out a strapon since it's obvious that she wears the pants in the relationship.

Yes, cleary everyone who thinks you're a retard (AKA this entire thread) is the same person samefagging.

Or are you too retarded to see the actual IP-number counter at the bottom of the screen?

It's fun; and how long ago it was created does not change this in anyway--nor do scumbag, assblasted faglords like you that shitpost about the MOST POOPULAR rpg of all time because you're on your rag like a bitch and likely jealous that you yourself cannot write a better sytem. There is nothing objectively wrong with DnD other than things shortcomings that most/all RPG's face. Namely, they aren't perfect and require you have a table of non-shitter tyoes to fully enjoy and appreciate the time spent.
End of thread. Everyone go home.

>2. recommence or resume after interruption.

>"we continue the story from the point reached in Chapter 1"
>synonyms:resume,pick up,take up,carry on with,return to,recommence

>"we continued our conversation after supper"

This is why we need Americans to understand the value of education.

We don't have to explain ourselves: we're playing the best and most available RPG out there, loser. Justify YOUR shitty, barely-known game of choice, captain fucknuts.

A thread died for this.

You could've made a legitimately good thread. You could've used your imagination and sense of fun to bring something worthwhile on the board. You could even have trolled us in a remotely original and novel way.

But no. You keep bringing us this same stale bullshit for cheap and easy baits because you are an unimaginitive, emotionally stunted faggot. You are the cancer that keeps killing Veeky Forums. Kindly go outside and find something more fulfilling for you to do.

I'm not the one who said that they'd rather have a bad game than no game.

Then again, it doesn't surprise me that a weeb is defending 3.PF, not one bit.

Ha, virgin detected. Butthurt faggot levels are off the charts, someone breakout the anti-neckbeard spray.

Lmao assmad D&D kiddie found.

Someone call his parents!

This. Only post that needed to happen in these threads. For the rest of fucking time.

>continuing to ignore the same bullshit is mine.
>a statement which implies that he's seen this thread before
>yet he still posted in it regardless of foreknowledge that it's the same shit as before.
>Even trying to throw pseudo-intellectualism at me to save face when confronted by your own hypocrisy.

This is why autists need handlers to keep them from spouting stupid shit online. Thank christ this is an anonymous board at least.

Look, I don't know why I'm bothering to explain this to a neckbeard like you, but some girls have penises. Just because some people - more than you might think! - get misgendered at birth, that doesn't mean that they have to live their lives with that burden. It's 2017, and the world is changing.

So you enjoy your hand. I'll be enjoying an active sex life with the woman I love :)

>This thread is trash
>Let me bump it so I can tell you how shit you are!

Lol look who's talking about latent homosexuality. Hahahahahahaha, topshelf kek kiddo. You BLEED insecurity.

It's fun.

I liked Veeky Forums more when "sage" was clearly visible.

>"See user, it still counts even if I can't sit down for a few days..."
Keep telling yourself that sport.

Pssssh what a momumental waste of skin you sound like. Good for nothing simian--it is perpetuators of grand ignorance like you that give the entire human race an ugly appearance.

>some girls have penises.

Wow, such low tier trolling I almost expect you to be a dog at a keyboard. BWAHAhaha, I bet you don't know what a vagina feels like.

>some girls have penises.
The only thing that's misgendered is your manhood faggot.

>Having to resort to implications when the literal explanation of the post exists
>trying to explain the use of the correct word in the correct context is an attempt at intellectualism

It's like you're really embarrassed, or something...

Nice comeback Copernicus, though I've seen better from pre-teens.

The only embarrassment I feel is for you, because somehow you thought that your post was actually good.

No really, I have no idea why anyone here is giving this faggot any time of day.

Or are you just arguing with yourself? That's probably the most rational explanation to this.

Shit tier rebuttal and inaccurate. I'm a Veeky Forumsizen with an active sexlife and gread comerades at my side at a moments notice. Get gud or slash your wrists, subhuman swill.

>we're playing the best

OP here.

Fuck you, stop talking about girl dick or whatever. I want a FUCKING explanation.

What's there to explain? Years and years of autists writing game rules, and companies pushing supplements as hard as they can have created a player base that think they need to play the same thing as everyone else, and that the amount of OFFICIAL MATERIAL is important in a cooperative activity about imaginary adventures.

We were fucked when role-playing stopped being something that fantasy nerds did and turned into something GAMERZ did. I puke every time someone approaches character creation the same way they do deckbuilding or videogames, but since I'm an adult and can choose who I associate with, rather than sticking to the same 5 people I played with in highschool by default, It's not a problem for me any more.

Maybe people just have fun with d&d

True on the grounds that there is always a game available, the rules are readily understood by all--and it does what it says what it supposed to do. It has stood the test of time, and for that reason it couod be argued as "the best" in a certain sense. Of course, obviously, there is no way to absolutely say that any game is "the best" overall--since that is purely subjective.

b-but they're having fun WRONG and must be told about it!

every single day forever!

You've recived many. Now you're just being a whiny, little, repelling cunt, as usual. Go wash the taste of dick amd loser out of your mouth and see if you're less salty after you get the cum from between your teeth.

>having fun

Why do you think?

People on Veeky Forums have an inability to let shit go, even when they know that the subject matter upsets them or will lead to the same arguments over and over again.

It's why alignment threads, martial vs. caster threads, anti-3.PF threads, etc. keep hitting bump limit with 30-50 IP's while threads asking for help or generating OC rarely hits 100 posts before eventually falling off the face of the earth.

Bait only works if there's retards who are willing to bite it and nobody on this board wants to do anything BUT bite onto blatant bait.

Having fun ought to be the main goal of any recreational activity. The problem is of course that it's fucking impossible to have fun with D&D.

I don't know. There is literally no reason to play Dungeons and Dragons when far better systems exist.

I love the way you talk so big throughout this whole thread, and yet I would bet everything that most people in this thread could smash your fat fucking face in with one punch. Myself included. I could lay you out with a glancing blow you fucking landwhale.

>Go wash the taste of dick amd loser out of your mouth
Whose the one fucking a tranny again?

Like I said, I'm a grown up and I can play with whoever I want so people liking different things than me is not a problem. I'm just saying that there's no mystery behind why so many people play D&D.

Personally I think that D&D players roughly fall into two categories: People who would get more mileage out of other games as long as they played with likeminded people, and people who could switch to board games without losing anything, since it's more of a social activity and the gaming part is more important to them than role-playing.

I'm not saying people don't enjoy D&D, just that, like with a lot of things, there are things I'm sure they'd enjoy more, because D&D is so-so at best at what it's trying to do.

It's like Warhammer 40 000. For decades of my life it's been one of the biggest miniature wargames in a lot of places, despite being horrendous rules-wise and in spite of the constant conflict between the people who want to paint miniatures and collect and nerd out about Myguys, and the people who for some reason play only to win.
But it's had the marketing and the name-brand recognition, so it hasn't mattered. Same with D&D.

Fuck you nigga don't tell me what to do. I ain't explaining shit.

Nigga, you probably got winded typing up that sentence. It's easy to be a tough guy on an anonymous image board but I bet you're just as chicken shit as anyone else ITT once you have to confront people IRL.

Not even the same dude, bruh. Literally, learn how to Veeky Forums before you sit at yiur computer and try to intelligently post. You're nothing.

I play magic and think d&d looks fun but don't know anyone that plays it.

I'm just here to be apart of something.

Where do you live? If I can put my fist through bricks, I can sure as hell drill it through the front of your goddamned skull.

>I-I'm telling you I-I'm n-n-n-not the same guy...
Sure pal, whatever you say. Tell your boyfriend that I said hi.

> If I can put my fist through bricks

You could have a gun to my head, and I would still try and fight you.

There's only one person allowed to put their fist in me, and it sure ain't you, buddy.

Okay, apparently you're a noob and can't tell people on 4chin apart.. Hey everybody, disregard this greenie entirely from now on, he has literally no idea what he's even doing here

>there is always a game available
If you're willing to play with autistic strangers, perhaps. People here usually prefer other systems over D&D, and it's only played by those who'd like to pretend that 5E is somehow more old school than other systems or by newcomers to the hobby who's heard about D&D on television.

>the rules are readily understood by all
Fuck no.

>and it does what it says what it supposed to do
Barely. It's practically a video game simulator from a time before video games were capable of doing what it does. Why on earth you'd want to play that over an actual video game or a system that does something only a tabletop rpg can do is beyond me.

>this whole thread

just because you're too weak to do it, doesn't mean it's impossible. There's a man that pulled an airplane with his dick. His fucking dick. To me, that seems impossible. But it happened.
Have you tried getting good yet?

Depends on who you play with. Depends on which edition. Literally a 10 year old could memorize the rules, it's child's play.

Either post a youtube video of yourself doing it or GTFO

Listen man, it's okay, I believe that you're not the same guy.

*wink*

It offers enough options for people to play their favorite fantasy archetypes without drowning players in choices, they clearly grow in power care of the level system, and has a unified 'just fudge it' rule with advantage. Most of the mechanics use similar dice mechanics and so are intuitive, unlike most systems which have different sub-rules for everything, so little time is wasted looking things up or arguing.

I know it's a bait thread but that's why I still play d&d. We can sit down and play what we want, there's rarely any confusion with rules, and uncertain scenarios are resolved quickly.

>It offers enough options for people to play their favorite fantasy archetypes without drowning players in choices
Are we talking about the same game here?

>DnD
>there's rarely any confusion with rules
Now that's some real bait

Because fuck you for even implying that playing D&D and playing swinegames are even remotely the same hobby. They're not.

You want to play a wangsty vampire and explore what to means to be human vs being a monster? And you want to do that by playing an alleyway super-hero with an uzi? Fine, but sit over there, and don't you dare even try to associate with me, you pasty gothic freak.

You want to sperg out over modifiers and break your GM's game-world with your cleric, druid, or wizard build plus cherry-picked prestige levels from Pathfinder supplementary hardcover no. 37? We are not engaged in the same activity here, SeƱor Autismo. Not even remotely.

You think it's all about the story? You want to ride the rails oh-so-subtly crafted by your frustrated novelist GM who "compels" you to follow them with a nod, a wink, and a poker chip worth +2 on your next fudge dice roll? Weird hobby you have over there. Please stay seated at the kiddie-table in the corner, with the rest of the drama club.

D&D is rules for fantastic medieval wargames campaigns playable with paper and pencil and miniature figures. We don't explore characters, we explore dungeons. And it's so different from what most of you socially-stunted weebtards think of as constituting a "role-playing game" that I marvel at how you could ever drum up the temerity to suggest that whatever you're doing is somehow similar to what I'm doing. You are not playing a real role-playing game, and I am not a willing participant in your hipster "geek culture", or whatever the fuck it is you think you're trying to accomplish.

Go away and quit trying to make your hobby into a cancer leeching off of mine.

Oh boy, now it's a fucking party.

You're wrong and stupid. I could go into more detail, but it would be totally pointless. Suffice to say, you're wrong and stupid.

>You're wrong
>Not going to explain why
>but you're WRONG!

>ride the rails oh-so-subtly crafted by your frustrated novelist GM
Spoken like a man who has never played a narrative driven rpg.

Exactly. He (you) is too far gone to listen to reason. All I can do is get a cheap laugh by insulting him (you).

Only if you offer me a coffee.

nyeh-heh-heh

>Assuming I'm the same guy just because I insulted you
Sure are alot of newfags ITT

Its fun and the only limits are the DMs imagination. You could play literally any setting with it.

We're currently playing as a planetary defense force in a 40K setting; an ex-guardsmen with a heavy stubber, an inspector with a sniper rifle (and a shit ton of warp-taint), a sanctioned psyker and a chaplain.

Its going pretty well considering the planet we're on is in the throes of pre-tyranid invasion bullshit - cults popping up and vegetation growing like crazy clogging up the roads. We dealt with a few cults, killed a few genestealers and now shit's getting pretty weird with demons popping out of the warp (bloodletter nearly tore its way into our Boar APC) and now we've been sent in to find out what happened to a town covered in a dense green fog. Turns out the local population were infected and turned into plague bearers (we were almost turned ourselves - saved by our chaplain/apothecary). Now we're deep beneath the villages church in a briar maze and only just scraping by...

1: these threads are retarded. we get it, you don't like DnD for whatever reason and you feel enlightened by your own intelligence for not ingesting such trivial slop like the rest of the uneducated masses.

2: (if you must have an answer) its what my friends play because they are new to tabletop and a guy in my old TT group died so we stopped meeting for whatever reason.
New people are work friends and I taught them battletech and time of war to play and they hated it so it was a colossal waste of my time.

I've always wanted to try Eclipse phase but I have no one to play with and ill be fucked if I learn EP, teach them, and set up something just for them to say "lol no back to 5e garbage"

Remember, "Fun" is just a buzzword.

just because someone thinks something isn't ideal doesn't mean they are dreading their existence while playing it.

You take that with cream and sugar, princess?

Why would you play something if you don't like it though? At least with shit video games or movies or whatever you can gather your friends around and laugh at how bad it is together.

>drinking an espresso with sugar and cream
get out

because you aren't operating on a spectrum.

something can be not good and not be THE WORST FUCKING THING I CAN ONLY LAUGH AT IT

if something is sub par you can still enjoy it is you have good people to make it more than what it is fundamentally

I find it embarrassing that I have to explain this to you.

maybe you are operating on a spectrum after all

So you basically sit down and waste your time building characters in a shitty game rather than playing a game that you actually like where the fun is occurring BECAUSE of the system, rather than in spite of it?

Why not just play F.A.T.A.L. if you're that much of a masochist?

No.