>DFC Rules and Scenarios
mediafire.com/file/li17bl14bute5ee/DFC_RulesScenarios.pdf
>DFC Units
mediafire.com/file/oa35v9pq7gfe1fs/DFC_Units.pdf
>DFC Fluff
mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>free DFC fleet builder
dflist.com/

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Friendly reminder to all the European and Australian legionaries, warriors, immortals, and/or braves that it is -your- duty to keep the thread alive while Amerifats sleep.
The lifespan of unbumped threads at night is only 4-7 hours.

I was going to post some of my awful homebrew, but I was too slow. I will be sure to just make a quick shitpost beforehand next time.

Good on you, commander, it's appreciated.

Has anyone had any luck trying out open country maps?

Specifically, I want to know if re-purposing Flames of War terrain will chase away newbies.

Personally I'd love to try out an open country map, cause urban maps get old after a while

Bump, reminder to amerifags to keep this thread alive too!

PHRfag burger here, busy sperging about E3 news. We Metroid again baybeeee

only problem I could think of for that is that the villages might be too small or there are no scenarios for it, I could be wrong tho.

That sounds like fun.

I was thinking to do a proper country fight, you a few things to essentially replace skyscrapers.

That would be dense forests, maybe a few hills, huts, and then bunkers.

Forests would be hardened buildings, simply a lot of places to hide and no real way to damage in cover infantry. Maybe a rule that makes fire do a lot of damage to them.

Hills could function something similarly, with cave networks being where the objectives are.

Huts would be soft buildings and you would use groups of them s one.

Bunkers follow standard rules.

Got my can of Tamiya fine primer in today, time to see if it's as good for 10mm detail as I've been hearing.

Lobsterfag here, finally painted more jelly ships

Man I like those laser lights on the frigates. Really stands out there. mind if you take a few photos showing off the cruiser jaws?

Looks good, user.

I think Flames of war is 15mm, so the buildings might seem too large scale wise, DZC plays fine in country maps, you just have to make sure the country is dynamic enough to provide at least some LOS blocking so you dont end up with gunline problems, so a couple decent clumps of trees for dropships to duck behind, and some good rolling hills.

Late night bump, with my current Resistance project.

Very nice, looks very industrial. Would recommend either cleaner stripes or more weathering.

I warned you motherfuckers.

Hyena Mk2 Infantry Fighting Vehicle: 22pts
A8, Mv9", CM:A, DP1
Type: Vehicle, Category:Transport, S+C:Transport, Special:Smoke Launcher
UM-88 Cannon: E9, Sh1, Ac2+, R(F):48", R(C):18", MF:6", Arc:F/S
Transport: 1x Condor (3 units each)
Can transport 2 bases of Legionnaires, Praetorians or Hazard Suits, or 3 bases of Praetorian Snipers

Is that the sort of thing you meant user? I didn't really do anything to them, my logic is that you can barely see them anyway

/dcg/, how useful is the Ganymede compared to the Orpheus? I already have an Orpheus, but want another troopship to complement my Medeas, does the PHR really need a bombardment ship or can the Medeas cover that by themselves? TL;DR Second Orpheus or a Ganymede? (4 Medeas)

The question isn't whether Ganymede's role of a bombardment ship can be covered by enough Medeas, the question if whether the Ganymede can cover the role of a bombardment ship.

If you have an answer, tell the PHR players.

If they got a gun they should carry smaller squads.

>easier to drop enemy strike carriers over the sector with an Orpheus broadside than it is to dislodge their tokens with a Ganymede
Poor Ganymede

Someday Hawk will release scenarios with multiple targets that you can only bombard. Gany-chan will have her day then.

Gone for a second Orpheus, if Ganymede is needed I'll buy a cruiser pack/starter.

Is it just me or is the Hector Heavy Cruiser just the epitome of 'meh'?

It's got solid shots on its broadsides but they only kinda do damage and barely crit. And its laser is like the swingiest laser ever. I've never had its laser do more than three damage.

Pretty much, not to mention the fact that it's nearly impossible to get all it's gonna to love up for when you weapons free

Maybe give it fusillade? Something to encourage it to go weapons-free since it's hard to do that and line up the laser to get the most out of it.

>And its laser is like the swingiest laser ever. I've never had its laser do more than three damage.
It's literally the exact same as the Bell's and the UCM laser.

That is true. I guess what I should say about it is that with the way that many lasers work in weapons free is they give a little extra omph to the attacks. But on the PHR since they have little to no forward facing weaponry the laser sticks out all by itself and when it underperforms it can really leave you hanging.

I do have the conviction that 'meh', in force, can be really something.

>I also have the conviction that it's very easy to free up the points for a Bellerophon if you're already paying for a Hector

This is very true, I mean how many points more is a Bellephron?

10 more points and you trade your guns for BEEEEES

From what I've seen, the only thing that pushes Bellerophon out of lists is Scipio.

I don't have the BEEEEES version of this, but

>Scipio
Priam, user, we Priam now. (technically the assembled one is an Aggy, but whatever)

That all being said, I love the pseudo-vertical structure of the BC with the lower fin; I wonder if its the same as the one on the PHR BB?
Same with the side wings on the Scourge BC, they look similar to the wings on the Scourge BB.

I wonder if Dave lurks here and heard our cries for a vertical PHR ship

>how useful is the Ganymede compared to the Orpheus?
Not very. Orpheus would still be well worth taking even if assault troopships weren't undercosted, Ganymede would not.

>does the PHR really need a bombardment ship or can the Medeas cover that by themselves?
Neither. Medeas are terrible at bombardment, don't rely on them to contribute. Ganymede is different, it wants to be a real bombardment ship but circumstances prevent it from being that. It can't bomb its own troops, so any enemy troops (particularly armour) will immediately head to the sector where they are, preventing you from using your bombs until either all your dudes are dead or you move on to another cluster. This leaves you 1-2 turns to actually bomb things, and at 3 average damage a turn, there's not a great deal that can be done in that time.

If it was cheaper than an Orpheus and the bombardment did more damage, it would probably be worthwhile for softening up a cluster before coming in. For now, though, just take the Orph.

bump

>sleep now

It does. It only carries 2 bases like a Raven instead of 3 like a Bear.

Bump

Juno can't do three Sirens.

The Juno being pointless garbage hardly seems relevant.

Considering taking the plunge into DFC... Would more longtime players recommend the starter box or just getting the rulebook and a fleet?

If you want to play UCM or Scourge, the starter box is great value. For same price as a seperate rulebook and fleet, you get a whole extra fleet, and all the tokens etc needed to play

>things I am as of now seriously considering:
>take wax impression of top half, bottom half of void gate
>fill with putty, let dry
>melt wax, glue halves together

Get a m80 and split two staters (and snag a pack of corvettes each) if you can find someone else who likes scourge/UCM.
6 CR
8 FR
6 corvettes
1x rulebook
1x tokens
All for around $120 each.

What for? would that allow you to field more void gates or are they just a pain to build?

Not him, but you only get 1 voidgate per cruiser sprue, and generally you want fucking loads of them.

Ah, that certainly makes sense.

Bump

You should use a nice picture instead if simple "Bump". It took me several second to grab this from Hawk Forums.

It's not hard to scrape together 9 cruiser sprues. 3 starters is a good number for Shaltari since they're more about cruisers than frigates.

So I seem to have developed a pretty nasty sensitivity to Gorilla Glue. Was in a relatively well ventilated room in my house when gluing models together, but next day I was sneezing my brains out and my nose was running like crazy. Made the whole day miserable.

I know Gorilla Glue is going to be practically identical to many of the other cyanoacrylate glues, but are there other glues that are good for models that I probably won't want to kill myself over the next day?

Tamiya glue is pretty good, if you don't mind plastic glue.

This is sabre/gladius dream terrain.

>Its like wack-a-mole but instead the moles have railguns

What if there was a special Raven C variant that carried some amount of A10 1 hull walls (maybe 4-6?) to give cover to advancing Sabres and Gladii.

Even better if it has an option to hot drop them in a line in flight, with a chance for them to blow up on impact.

holy shit is that engine nacelle nice.

>those little pilotfish ships

That is really nice. I like the added fins(?) over the engines too.

>I like the added fins(?) over the engines too.
The one with fins is actually homebrewed "heavy battleship", notr the extra guns and defence lasers.

Its still mostly a beijing, and i now realize it just has the whole nacelle from a cruiser bolted on each side. Checked out his blog too, some conversions are kinda derpy but the pilotfish are still the dopest shit.

You got a link to that?

Phoneposting right now, sorry. Just reverse image search or go to the hawkforums, guy linked to his blog when he posted his stuff.

Hey all, I pledged commander on the kickstarter, finally got time to start building my PHR starter fleet. I took our the sprues to have a look, and I have 2 cruiser sprues, and a bag with this in. I can tell that there's flash/gate ate the front there to be clipped off, but I can't quite understand what it is. Anyone know? Is it my 3rd cruiser? Why didn't it come on the sprue like the other 2?

That's the extra bits to make a battlecruiser, user. Did you add a battle cruiser to your pledge?

You should have 3 cruiser sprues for your starter fleet, plus a fourth that came in the bag with your bits.

Bollocks. I only have 2 cruiser sprues. Do you reckon they'll still take emails about mispackaging pledges?

They certainly will, just explain the situation to them and clearly list what is missing. Photos help.

I get the feeling Hawk has spent most of their effort in 2017 so far dealing with pledge errors.

Excellent, thanks. In the meantime, is there a guide to building the battlecruiser? I just use the parts from a cruiser sprue, right?

There should be some PDFs onna Hawk's website

They've got visual instructions on the website, check your email for a KS update with direct links. Note that you only need to use one pair of those resin fins at the dorsal set for a battlecruiser even though they give you four - two of them are spares. The BC's ventral fin slots use the cruiser sized vanes.

>not using all four for max SPEED
Hawk generally doesn't give spares. Use them.

Using all four makes the back fins jut out further than the top fins, because the bottom slots are offset so the normal cruiser fins will line up properly. Using all four is terrible for the ship's a e s t h e t i c s.

>implying both variations don't look good

I think the look works for them, user. It's kind of like a kitty cat raising its hackles, trying to appear bigger than it is before an ill-advised fight. It fits, as every PHR battlecruiser is morally convinced that it can take on battleships.

>convinced that it can take on battleships
That's the Achilles, you dingus.

>tfw no battlecruiser with full double broadsides of heavy guns
I JUST WANT MY SPACE TRIREME FOR FUCKS SAKE

I really do hope we get more battlecruisers, there's still plenty of option for each faction.

I kind of want to see a Scourge BC with a triple-array of furnace cannons, however that stat line would end up working out.

UCM getting a CAW and Aegis BC would be interesting too.

So how viable are non-spam lists for Reaiatance? No technicals, mostly tanks if possible. Looking at doing allied so I can take Archangels and work those into a UCM force as well.

They're pretty viable. Grab an Alexander, some Zhukovs, maybe a couple of Mehmeds, and you've got your tank force. Gunships to support, Gun Wagons and infantry as normal. Scout ATVs to fuck with E11+ guns are also a nice addition.

Pathfinders are great. Reliable guns on a platform that can only be hit on 6+.

Achilles hits hard but has tiny little girl arms and can't get many hits in quickly. In the back of her mind, she always intended to torp you when your back was turned or gang up on you (and then torp you when your back was turned). She had the pride beaten out of her early in the game and really just wants every H and S hull dead however that ends up happening.

Leonidas keeps forgetting that those are light calibre broadsides and keeps wading into fights thinking she has battleships outgunned, the stupid bitches. She hasn't gotten over being the only capital ship around.

Ship girls for all the fleets when?

Hey, /dcg/, I'm faffing around with space wargame mechanics as an exercise in creativity. In particular, however, I'm stuck on the problem of weapon ranges.

Besides DFC, what are some other ways that space wargames handle range in ways you like?

In X-Wing Miniatures every ship can fire the same distance, but the part that makes it more interesting is if you're within the '1' range band you get an extra attack die, and if you're at the '3' range band, the defender gets and extra defense die.

Oh and of course there's upgrades to ships and special pilots that can modify the benefits/penalties to that.

Interesting; not sure if I can apply that to what I'm working on, but it's interesting.

In particular, I'm trying to resolve the problem of weapons not only having varying effectiveness at varying ranges (short, mid, long, very long+), but also having those range bands be dynamic to that weapon, without having to resort to mini-tables and such.

An early concept I had would be for the ship itself, not the weapon, to have an accuracy rating, with (working) range bands of 0-6", 6-12", 12-24", 24-48", and 48"+
Weapons would have a preferred band(s), with adjacent bands being -1 to accuracy, and non-adjacent being -2.

When some weeb with sufficient disposable income and a lack of long-term money sense decides to start throwing commissions at good drawfags.
I'm saving my summer tips as we speak.

You ain't the only one, I can guarantee that! Imma save up some of my deployment money for a few.

On a similar note, do you know who did the 2 that we've already got?

What kind of ship-girls would you guys go for? The ones like previously where it's like a girl wearing an armor like wing? Strike Witch sort of fusion? Or like full aeromorph stuff?

Why not all of these options?

>aeromorph
Pls no

Mothmandraws/TheMothman
Moscow and Leo were pro bono. He said he had a Scourge girl in the works, but he seems to have moved on to other topics these days.

>google aeromorph
By the Sphere, how horrifying

Does he have a site that he runs commissions through?

deviantart/tumblr page