Have a close knit D&D group

>have a close knit D&D group
>run gritty oldschool game
>campaign comes to a close, player wants to invite GF to next one in the same world but asks we make it a bit more progressive because she's a bit more leftist than us, she doesn't like that the main LG Paladin order is all male
>politely decline, say someone else can run but I won't change the setting we've always gamed in
>guy with GF says he'll run

>send character concept, no reply
>just before campaign starts ask wtf is up
>"sorry user, I told my GF what you said and she said she didn't really want you in the game, so we found another player, she said she's wanted to try D&D for ages. No hard feelings, right, you didn't really seem into this idea anyway from how you reacted."

Feels kinda bad to be kicked out of the group you started because you wouldn't retcon the setting you'd crafted for years just so someone's GF could play a ladyknight in an all male order.

That Guy/times your group betrayed you thread?

You were kicked out because you are a That Guy and now you're lying. Why are you lying user, on the internet of all places? We don't know you, we won't hold it against you. Just stop lying user. There is no reason.

fucking rekt lol

>not letting a single ladyknight in an all male order
why even tho
PCs are special snowflakes by their nature user, instead of writing the hook you rekt yourself

this is absolute truth

this is now an 'all 'That Guy's believe themselves to be in the right thread

Should have just rolled with it and run a game in a different setting. That way you could preserve the background you wrote, and not alienate people.

Yep, I mean why shouldn't we have female space marines too? Or male Sisters of Battle?

>weap up
English isn't my first language, please help.

>literally can't retcon one thing
>no Sweet Polly Oliver cross-dressing shenanigans
>"betrayal"

Eh I don't know if he was That Guy. The way you wrote this out it seems like you're trying to hide how autistic you were when you responded.
I don't think you should be so attached to your setting. You aren't writing a novel, you're provided an interesting world for players to explore. Even then most of the world is just a plot device.

because 40K is a game of enormous armies and D&D is a game of very special individuals. Easy as that.

You could've stood to be more permissive if she wanted to play a female paladin, but the guy and the other players are jackasses for just kicking you out and hijacking your game without notice.

One of countless stories of a woman and a leftist ruining a gaming group.

GG OP. Time to go find some new friends.

Take heart though, she's going to create so much drama and the PC bullshit will become so trying your old gaming group will disbanded in no time.

Truly, it was dead the second she became involved. Bad luck m80.

>PCs are special snowflakes by their nature
>Allowing this
Why has this cancerous shit become so popular in the last few years? "The world goes on without you" used to be a popular theme.

There is no reason to assume they're lying.

OP, it sounds like your friends decided to do this as a group. They chose to cut you out without telling you.either because they don't want to deal with an autistic freak out or because they didn't want to hurt your feelings.
Maybe you should apologize and ask to be in the game if it means that much to you?

The image in the OP makes you come over creepy, OP.

>all these people taking the bait.

> an all male order of paladins
>somehow different from an all male order of space monks

>missing one campaign
>the same as being kicked from the group
Sit this one out, then run something after it's over.

If you've been with the same playgroup for that long, a member shouldn't have to be part of every game ever to maintain membership. Hell, my group has explicitly run campaigns that exclude one or more of our regular players for various reasons, and it's never been a problem.

OP's player wrote this

Are you cunts for real. How is he "that guy" for wanting to maintain the setting. If an "all male order" in their made up setting is historically all male, why the fuck would that change? And more importantly, why SHOULD it change just because this chick who hasn't even played with you guys before doesn't like it. That's her beef. Not really sure why the entire fucking fantasy setting has to be shifted to accommodate her personal gender problems.

This guy sort of has the right idea, like making a new setting would be fine, but I think that is OP's beef. From what i can tell they wanted to use the same setting, but pervert it to satisfy the over-the-top political demands from this new player.

Just ask yourself, if this GF was just a random dude joining the group, how would the same demands be met?

OP don't listen to these cucks.

It didn't happen you retard.

>weak

For fucks sake, is it too hard to do a double check ?
Also sauce?

Anyway, your mistake OP was to apply as a player in the first place. When that guy said i will run it if thats the case you should have said. Lol, fuck you faggots play it yourselves than, this is my setting and i wont see it ruined it by a cuck who cant stand up to his gf.
Have fun with yourselves i am out.

>asks if we make it a bit more progressive because she's a bit more leftist than us

dating a leftist in 2017
There is your problem

The world goes on without gods or men. PCs are special by their very nature. These aren't contradictory statements.

How can we help if you can only speak contextless nonsense?
>>no Sweet Polly Oliver cross-dressing shenanigans
This. I don't care that OP is making up a fake story, I miss this hook. What happened to it?

This. Why do people so feel coerced to pander to these fucking nutcases?

If she doesn't like the setting then she should fuck off, or come up with a new one.

That's not an answer, cuck. Had a guy demanded this he would have been refused outright and possibly belittled for asking. Short of some high end autism a guy wouldn't have convinced the rest of the group to deliberately exclude the OP.

A vagina whined, and the sad fact is tabletop gamers are as easily swayed by the presence of a women as any other traditionally fringe male group.The girl complained, her partner obeys because sex depends on it and everyone else follows in the hope that the bf will fuck up and give them a shot

>kicked out from group
>not joining one game
Choose one. My group has played with each other for more than 10 years, there's been years when some of us haven't played together in the middle of it.

Learn to talk to people. This whole sad story would end with you being active and contacting your friends and asking them to let you in, if it's that big of a blow.

> If an "all male order" in their made up setting is historically all male, why the fuck would that change?
A lot of things used to be 'all male'. Societies and organisations change.

Rigid, stagnant settings are boring. Boring settings are not a worthwhile hill to die on.

OP made his own shitty bed, now he gets to lie in it.

Not just getting kicked out but BETRAYED

Fucking idiot

Reading between the lines it's obvious that she didn't even ask to be in the all male order - she asked to play a LG paladin. Like a fucking idiot he failed to understand that dnd classes are archetypes and not organizations

Wanting to play a knight of the same gender as yours in D&D shouldn't mark your character instantly as an outsider.

Also, the game is for the players. If you want to exclude one of them or make them feel personally uncomfortable, you're valuing your fantasy world more than your social relationships with actual people. Get your priorities straight.

>PCs are special by their very nature

They are only special in a sense they are main characters. That doesn't mean they have plot-shields. And if they die story will go on. So in that manner "The world goes on without PCs"

Best example of this is old school rpgs that were meat grinders. Focus wasn't on PCs but on story, exploration, adventure and experience. Example of this is Game of Thrones. Characters die. Story moves on. World goes on.

>>campaign comes to a close, player wants to invite GF to next one in the same world but asks we make it a bit more progressive because she's a bit more leftist than us, she doesn't like that the main LG Paladin order is all male
Maybe she'd be the first clam in the sausage order?

>>politely decline, say someone else can run but I won't change the setting we've always gamed in
Sure sounds like Medieval Stasis

>>No hard feelings, right, you didn't really seem into this idea anyway from how you reacted."
Sounds like your not telling the whole story

A progressive leftist is not Lawful Good. They've no idea how to be Lawful Good.

I yearn to see the day when android revolution finally happens and bitches that has no value beyond their flesh parts loses their meaning.

That way man can finally focus on working on whatever field they are in and advance humanity instead of spending incredible amounts of time on search for pussy.

When that happens mankind will conquer the stars themselves.

>Best example of this is old school rpgs that were meat grinders. Focus wasn't on PCs but on story, exploration, adventure and experience.
Revise history harder, faggot. Old-school meat grinder RPGs were about solving puzzles and defeating enemies with practically faceless archetypal heroes.

It's the Internet
Everyone is lying

On an unrelated note, I'm with the FBI, and I need your name, social security number and credit card numbers to make sure you're not lying.

>The replies on this thread
Since when Veeky Forums has been so full of pussy starved white knights? Goddamn son. This is pathetic to see.

>A lot of things used to be 'all male'. Societies and organisations change
Yeah, but unless the female players arrival caused the world to advance a few centuries I don't see how it now suede my becomes progressive.

What would you say the alignment of modern American liberalism is? Chaotic Neutral?

Go back to /r9k/.

Go back to tumblr.

That's exactly what they did.

Mister creative fuckin genius could've put her as a wannabe whose petitions to join the all-male order keep being laughed out of the door but nah when has that ever actually happened in any setting but a progressive's wet dream oh wait history

It's a mistake on the part of the artist, it should be Wake up.

This is why it should be legal for me as a man to just walk into a women's restroom whenever I want! I'm smashing gender norms bitches!

You can set a game in whatever time period in fictional world X you like.

If a new player voices a preference for prehistory and your other players are on board with exploring what the stone age was like in your world, what are you supposed to do? Throw a fit because the world is medieval fantasy and can never be anything else, ever?

If your friends kicked you out because one person was uncomfortable with minor shit, and without talking it out, then they're not your friends. Unless there's more going on than you're letting us know, of course...

Another alternative is that maybe the guy's gf has been spreading lies about you. Then again it's possible you acted so autistic she didn't have to make anything up.

Joan of Arc was literally a paladin and didn't have to use a time machine

>Glorified cheerleader
>Paladin
Ahahahaah

In what kind of dystopian country do you live, if gender-segregated restrooms have actually been codified in law?

>Maybe she'd be the first clam in the sausage order?
For what reason?

>Sounds like your not telling the whole story
Thinking his friend will actually side with his friend when he needs to be careful and not insult a sex-provider. I seen people leaving all their friends because their girlfriend didn't like them or they thought they were a bad influence. You are underestimating the power of vagina has over a man.

The funny thing is that all the spergs defending the girl in OP post would most certainly do the same if they were in OP position. Worse, I bet that is instead of a girl had it been a guy they'd have told the guy to fuck off or something of the sort. Veeky Forums is so full of hypocrites it hurts.

>For what reason?
For what reason should any character want or do anything?

Then maybe she should start her own order, instead of trying to break an existing one?

>practically faceless archetypal heroes

and somehow everyone has a story about when his character did something awesome. Even game designers talk about people coming to them and talking about their awesome characters and awesome moments. So much for faceless characters.

>Not offering her the chance to play a cross-dressing girl who hides her gender because she always wanted to be a paladin.

Do you hate fun, OP?

>Sister of Battle (male)

Tell me more....

>Glorified cheerleader
Britbongs, keep moving. This is a french thread.

>sex-provider
>the power a vagina has over a man
Relationships can be about more than sex, you antisocial cretin. Have you ever entertained the notion that someone's girlfriend may have just grown to be a closer friend than one particular gaming buddy?

Read the fucking post.

>Old-school meat grinder RPGs

Not OP, but provided he's not making it up, she doesn't sound like the kind to take kindly to such an idea.

I bet you she asked to play a female LG paladin (through her bf sounds like) and he said "this isnt some progressive circle jerk the order of paladins is only for men"

How is introducing a new order into The Fantasy World That Must Not Change better than changing an existing one?

>Joan of Arc was literally a paladin
she's literally 600 years too late to be a paladin

"Sorry anonette, the order of knights is all-male. Would you like to start your own order of (((PROGRESSIVE))) knights in my campaign world?"

Then either she does something interesting and contributes, or she gets bored and her order can be expunged from the world afterward.

She wasn't a paladin she was a female knight which is respectable, but it's not the same thing as joining an order of religious zealots the are specifically male only. If it's anything like other orders they likely have that rule for religious reasons and as such would probably be breaking their code.

>This is a french thread.
No wonder there's so many pussies putting vagina on a pedestal here.

I identify as non- binary trans-ethnic pan-otherkin with tripolar disorder and I am somewhere on the autistic spectrum (according to this test I took on tumblr)!
Everyone and everything is oppressive shitlord!
It's the straight white cis male kierarchy that's keeping me from shitting in urinals!

Is this is the correct answer.
Or say something like
"Well this is how the order is right now. If you want it to change, you have to play the game and change it."

Leftists get rock hard for reforming old shit male only shit and maybe she'd do a good job

>Get your priorities straight
>having no creative integrity just so some entitled bitch can play EXACTLY what she wants

Ok user I want to play a furry seductress, and you HAVE to allow it or else you're oppressing me. Get your priorities straight.

Someone being literally a paladin in a d&d context means fitting the archetype of a paladin as laid out in the game pls keep up

See
It would allow her to develop something that's hers, instead of taking from others.
Do you character development bro?

>Time for DMs girfriend stories.

Seriously you should have run the game and just made up a different background for her.
Make her a special snowflake that was raised by a knight of the order while stranded on an island thus explaining her away as a loose member of the order.

Lawful Evil. It's 100% principles with no regard for freedom or sense.

That's most political extremes, of course, but liberalism is getting more extreme by the day.

> Literally gives shelter to men, administer their money and guides them to the Holy Land so they can kill Muslims in their name
> Womens are not allowed
Isn't strange that women can't join an Order that is literally all about their gender role

This

But he couldn't have that, that'd make the game even *more* about progressive politics and can't have the PCs changing anything about the game world nawh

What do you think auras are for?

It took me 10000 hours in MS paint but I fixed it

This is the only good knights hospitalier joke I've ever seen

It doesn't seem lawful at all to me, considering they change their tune at the drop of a hat whenever it benefits them. All the double standards the whole movement is founded upon are far from lawful, too.

I wouldn't call them evil, either. Some are, but most are just in it out of peer pressure, misinformation or plain stupidity.

No. Because out of 15-20 people I know everyone was put into inferior position where woman was wearing pants in the relationship. Also from my experience woman want to have a clear distinction who is in charge. Either you or them.

And yes. It is about sex. You approach women because you find them sexually attractive. Do you think new couples are crazy about each and practically all over each other all the time for some reason? Relationship happens or doesn't happen afterwards. They'll either find a common ground or not. And many people will stay in non-productive relationship rather to be single because society sees that as a weakness and they themselves can't function that way. I know girls who can't stay single for more that 3-4 months. I know a guy who will blow plans with his friends for a possible one night stand (possible, not guaranteed)

Not even talking D&D wise, but I've lost friends over exactly what the guy is talking about. Relationships definitely can be about more than sex, but you'd be a fool to pretend that sex doesn't help manipulate someone.

In my case a friend I'd known since kindergarten got a girlfriend and everything was fine for awhile. Then he started hanging out with us less, which was understandable he has a girlfriend now. Then he dropped of the face of the earth for a year.

After that he contacted us again and told us that his girlfriend hadn't liked us and told him that he'd be worthless if he hung out with us. This isn't to paint women in a bad light, as I and I'm sure many of us have good stories about them, but it happens and when it does it hits hard.

Don't show your autistry so much. We're talking about a game here, and how one could easily lull into verisimilitude with previously all male organizations. Not life and death, stressful situation where your core being is under physical attack.

>tfw she dodged a bullet and the DM would've had her constantly getting tied up and throwing sexist remarks at her that she can't get pissed at bc "t-t-that's the way things are!!!"

>invite GF
Why do people never learn?
>inb4youhatewomen
No, I'm okay with female players. But it's always a shitfeast when a GF goes into the table. Even worse when she is the GF of the DM.

Fuck that.

Still no sauce !

While it depends on how open people are, playing rpgs is a great way to explore politcal situations in a relatively judgement free zone. I've had players (myself included) change views because of situations being played on. If a player is extremely ridged in their views it won't work, but usually the group can see this and will remove the player by themselves.

The moral is, playing with her was the right choice, especially with OP as the DM

>player wants to invite GF to next one in the same world but asks we make it a bit more progressive because she's a bit more leftist than us, she doesn't like that the main LG Paladin order is all male
How does this GF know about your all-male order? Have you told her about your world? Has he? What has she been told? What does she think she knows?

>say someone else can run but I won't change the setting we've always gamed in
You're the one drawing the line in the sand here. Over a fictional world. It's entirely up to you, but think about that for a bit.

>sorry user, I told my GF what you said
What did he say? Why did he have to speak for you? What has she been told?

>and she said she didn't really want you in the game
On the one hand, you rigidly refused to change any part of a fictional world to accomodate a character concept she would enjoy. Maybe she thought that was enough of a reason to not want to be around you.
Maybe she was told you were considerably more vindictive about this than you really are. You shouldn't have let someone else speak for you.

>you didn't really seem into this idea anyway from how you reacted
This is not wrong, when you get right down to it.

>Feels kinda bad to be kicked out of the group you started
It's not the group you started. It's a new group. Aside from time constraints, nothing is stopping you from running a game for your group.

All in all, it sounds like everything has turned to shit because you people won't communicate properly.

>taking from others
Fictional. Fucking. World.

Get some perspective.

>I seen people leaving all their friends because their girlfriend didn't like them or they thought they were a bad influence.

I've seen this happen so many times, it's amazing how guys can totally abandon their old friendships. I'm glad my wife want's nothing to do with my hobbies. She couldn't stand the banter that happens between us. She knows how guys are with each other of course, but she'd rather minimize her exposure to it.

But the majority of Holy Orders were supposed to do just that. They usually went to war as a last line of defense
Just like women

>most are just in it out of peer pressure, misinformation or plain stupidity.

That's a sign of organizational evil.

>It doesn't seem lawful at all to me, considering they change their tune at the drop of a hat whenever it benefits them. All the double standards the whole movement is founded upon are far from lawful, too.

Twisting the law for one's own benefit is a classical trait of lawful evil.

>Reading between the lines it's obvious that she didn't even ask to be in the all male order - she asked to play a LG paladin.
I don't know where you're getting this. OP didn't say anything about what she wanted to be, just that she didn't like this order's attitude.

Its not just GF

I have an explicit no couple rule with my group. We have 2 female and 3 male players.
No couples is important because if you ever have an issue with one of them, its with both. You cant just kick one of them out. Usually one is more into it than the other.
If you ever want to explore romance in the game, often partners are uncomfortable with it.

user, are you pretending to be retarded?

If you play a setting where goblins are killed on sight, and you say 'I want to be a goblin :DDDD', what the fuck do you think it will happen?

Of course DM targetting is a thing, but don't try to pretend it's wrong to suffer consequences by picking something that suffers prejudice.

Yeah, I just said GF because they are the mostly common. No couples would be more accurate.

Am I "That guy" for not understanding what a "That guy" is?

I have experienced the same thing. When you whole circle of friends turns you back on you just because of someone's new gf. I fucking hate when random bitches get between me and my homies. Yet the most terrible thing is that I desu never understood what was actually going on and nobody explained it to me. All out of a sudden, I was made an idiot and I think it is a very legit thing to be upset about this.

You're missing the point. Joan didn't join a religious order that was vehemently against women joining. She joined a dying country and helped save it, on top of that she isn't even the first woman to be used as a knight. This isn't to diminish her accomplishments as she basically saved France, but trying to compare her to a whiny girl playing d&d is insulting.