Party names

>"So we're all agreed on 'Fuck [villain name] Company'?"

What's your PC party called, and how did they come to earn that name?

I've had only one named party in my life, and it was Company of the Hat. We were named in such a way because we all wore hats.

The only named party I ever played in was just named after the paladin, and it wasn't decided within the party, and instead given to them by the public. As I recall it the DM even tried to prod the party into naming themselves, with zero success.

Having a name would bring a sense of camaraderie and high adventure to the entire game, yet apparently literally everyone I've ever played with sees it too much of a bother.

Inglorious Fuckheads.

We're a mercenary outfit so it works rather well.

The Humble Brethren. Defended a city against to whole armies that each outnumbered us heavily, with only a handful of city guards and a ton of conscripts (90% of whom died, 40% to friendly fire), scammed an emperor, created a mafia, overthrew a king and stopped an ancient evil. All that while acting chaotic evil af.

I miss that campaign.

My party is called The Disasters. The local town we're protecting seems to have started calling us that, but our bard and cleric have a thing going where they list off names they feel are better whenever it's brought up.

No named parties yet. But I earned a nickname/honorificv last session.
Diamond Eye

Shield. We are unoriginal fuckers.

The Anti Mutant Psychic Hitler Coalition
The Gang
Children of the Whore

Band of the Roc.

Band of Mercenaries/Adventurers.

They are called the Band of the Roc because the Rangers Companion is well, a Roc.

This is their official name, they prefer to go by "Roc Band." alot more.

[Spaceship's Name] Crew

Our fledgeling mercanary company was originally the Flat Earth society. Then we pissed someone off, and owed them money but we never told them our names, only our group name.

Immediately we were then "Not the Flat Earth society".

>the Rangers Companion is well, a Roc.

how

Guilloteam
They were originally called Velociteam since our party mascot was essentially the Flash, but he died of friction-based ignition in order to, I quote, "go fast." We gradually earned the name Guilloteam as we one by one accidentally killed every person we were supposed to subdue by nonlethal means. By we, I mean mostly me and Mr. Rogers. I had a flawed form of regenerative immortality that left me physically and mentally crippled, making me liability to the party in many regards, but one thing I was able to due was pull off suicide bombings one after the other. Mr Rogers on the otherhand had a small army of puppets, made from people, which he sent in droves to their deaths.

Found a Roc Egg, raised it from Birth and it imprinted on him.

Pathfinder.

In a ghestalt "everyone is X/bard" party we formed a power metal band called 'The Wicked Wisps', and would use our dancing lights spells to do a lightshow whenever we played.

Our first manager was killed by the mafia and we set out on an adventure to find one who would get us a spot in the centennial Planar Battle of the Bands.

Unfortunately, when we got in, the new manager's handwriting was hard to read and we were announced as 'The Weak 'n' Wimps' when it was our turn on the stage.

All Madmen, a group of Shadowrunners pretty much being every anime cliche ever, sometimes with ill-fitting characters.

It ended up becoming even more silly when we got our first female party member.

>Victim: Who are you?!
>Face: We're all madmen
>Victim: But she's clearly a girl!
>Samson (razorgirl obsessed with manliness two steps over and away from cyberpsychosis): The fuck you say about my moobs?!

An old party of mine ended up named the Better Business Bureau after I tried to come up with a stupid catch phrase for my bard and the cleric turned it into something funnier.

Also it was amusing to yell about poor business practices while shutting down slavery rings.

>Suicide Squad
>The disposables
>garbage men
>Flight Plan

Our Shadowrun team was known as The Doomwagon.

We had a drugged-up troll, a sociopathic hacker, enough guns to take over a small country, and a mage who "as a distraction" summoned a fire spirit that made all the previous items seem completely redundant. All crammed awkwardly into the back of a generic white van, because we ran out of money before buying the getaway vehicle.

Well...
My character's name started with a T, but the barbarian in the party couldn't be bothered to remember the full name, so he called me Mr. T, a nickname that the rest of the group quickly adopted.

Naturally, from there, we went on to call ourselves the A-Team, purely for the reference.

I was alright with it, but not as stoked as everyone else seemed to be.

The Thot Patrol

The bane of tavern wenches and female skinwalkers far and wide.

Team Bardwater
The bard spiked a palladins drink and got him drunk, which makes us call beer "Bardwater"

Lady Gabrielle, Heiress of Fals-Archan with retinue

Something as lame as "The Brave Companions". We got it after we helped defend Suzail (Forgotten Realms) from the combined forces of an orc army and devil-infused peasant uprising. We killed the Orc leader, and almost stopped the devil cultists summoning their master. Although we ultimately failed to stop the summoning, we halted it enough so that the devil didn't get all his power when he entered the world.
Our DM made a pretty cool epilogue after the battle, since he had to put the game on a pause.

We are now trying (and kinda failing), to send the devil back to were he came from.

First ever group name we had unofficially made was the Breast Brigade. This is self explanatory.
The first official name we ever had for a group was The Lowlanders. This was because the campaign started with our mercenary band getting fucking decimated and the party being the only survivors.

The Honorable Company of the High Humming Jockstrap.

>The whistlers
Taken because our company lines up all survivors of a battle and whistles a jolly little tune as they are executed.

Because keeping prisoners fed and under lock and key is expensive and impractical

Somehow, I was a part of "The Thundercats"

I don't remember this fucking decision

Dauntless Meat.

Rag-tag party of weirdos turned heroes

>all these child-tier meme names

The Ministry of Mistakes

All cleric 3.PF party. Wanted in 2 separate kingdoms now due to LYING HERETICS AND misinterpreted visions from THE LORD.

>the lads
Not an official name, just seems to have sunk in.

PF, I'm sure. The ranger in my campaign has one as well.

The group calls itself the owlbear company. AN owlbear was the first real 'boss fight' they had. The frontline barbarian is still wearing its hide.

BRUISE CONTROL

It's the name of our ship, we figured we could extend it to the rest of the party by proxy

The Wet Bandits

The Sticky Bandits

The Grey Torches.
Lame, but eventually people stopped making fun of it when we started torching their shit with special torches. Granted, most of it was by accident, but they didn't need to know that.

No that's when we reuse our characters for the next game

We named our party "The Heroes"

So everywhere we went, we'd introduce ourselves as The Heroes, and we'd basically get preferential treatment in places too remote or isolated to know that we were a bunch of nobodies.

Gatekeepers, a super hero league to watch over Hydro city

Guild of the Lunchmeat Buckler

We found a +1 bologna buckler that summoned 1d4 dire wolves each day. We kept it in an extra-dimensional container most of the time.

We had a warband in Black Crusade called Crimson Rain. But there was a bit of discussion if it actually was Crimson Rain, Reign or Rein.

My party just killed an Adult Green Dragon at level 3 and decided to loot its scales. They plan to use them to craft matching sets of magic scale armour, probably via alchemy. Our warlock even wishes to come up with some infernal necrotic ritual to fuse the scales to his own body in order to transcend his own mortality (I also suggested he perform the ritual on the barbarian as well for the sake of negating Unarmoured Defence).

Anyway, since the party are now famous for their dragon-slaying antics, I suggested they come up with a party name that would be revered throughout the land. They are now a travelling band of monster hunters who call themselves the Scale Males. I regret nothing.

"A Group Of Fucktards With No Sense Of Right Or Wrong"

They're called the OTL.

I'm not sure what it means.

It might stand for Old Tea Lounge (the place where we play IRL, out-of-universe).

I'm not sure who proposed it.

But we are OTL, and worshipped as such.

Doug, Bob, and Gordon visit the Ark Royal.

The Black Hand.

The Marked of Kane.

Kek.

The Slayers of Darkover Lava

That's a long story

one campaign i played with my usual group over roll20 had our characters taking their first mission to get some barbarians down the road running a toll-gate to fuck off.

my warblade made a joke to the bard when we got there about "hey, tell these suckers we're here to collect taxes and see if we can get an extra 20 gold out of them or something." and we somehow derailed the game a little into having a 45 minute explanation of basic economics and taxes to the barbarians, at the end of which they decided to give back all the money they'd collected, go back to town and get educations and jobs.

since it led to something so phenomenally stupid we ended up calling ourselves "The Taxmen" for the rest of the game.

My current party is calle Job Squad

House Calphora

You accept the Rogue Trader's House name, or you get the fuck off of her ship.
And you're not allowed a voidsuit.

None of my in-game groups have ever had a name, sadly.

Our company was officially called "The Lockspell Company" because we signed up to it, but OOC we called it "Bitches and Booze" because all of us rolled for lust and liquor flaws and it derailed most of the minor plot lines.

THUNDERSTONERS! We obviously used a lot of thunderstones and smoked a lot of bongs.

The Vitreous Society of Manhattan.