Friday night, Veeky Forumsnissmen!

Friday night, Veeky Forumsnissmen!

Let's drop some knowledge about the best up and coming coin. Of course I'm talking about Stellar Lumens (XLM) and this thread will tell you everything you need to know.

Welcome to the first continuous thread to discuss updates, present opinions, and praise snake gods. Welcome to XLM General!

>Who is Stellar?
stellar.org/how-it-works/stellar-basics/

Stellar.org operates as a non-stock nonprofit organization. Our mission is to connect people to low-cost financial services to fight poverty and maximize individual potential. To that end, we don’t charge people or institutions for use of the Stellar network. Stellar.org covers operational costs in several ways: 5% of the initial lumens are set aside for operational costs, Stellar.org accepts tax-deductible donations from the public.

A transaction on the network consists of one or more operations. Payments, offers, and fees are all examples of operations that could make up a single transaction. Depending on hardware and network configurations, a conservative estimate of Stellar’s processing rate is 1000 operations per second.

There’s a nominal fee, referred to as a base fee, associated with each operation in a transaction. The base fee functions as a deterrent: Though nominal, it discourages users with malicious intentions from flooding the network with transactions (otherwise known as a DoS attack). The base fee is currently set to .00001 XLM—a fraction of a fraction of a penny. The sender of the transaction incurs the fee. No one profits from the base fee. The ledger collects the fees and redistributes them in the process of inflation.

Stellar has also partnered with IBM, a supporter of companies all over the globe.

>12 Developers
>$0.22

Let's grow our wealth.

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@malcolmrosegaming/how-to-buy-stellar-lumens-xlm-quick-guide-5995b2359c81
ibm.com/blockchain/offerings.html
ibm.com/blockchain/use-cases/
oracletimes.com/stellar-lumens-xlm-ibm-provided-fresh-new-validators-expectations-for-2018/
stellar.org/about/directory
reddit.com/r/Stellar/comments/7bfbuj/hi_im_michael_dowling_group_cto_and_chief/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

up 50% thanks to sonm and dcorp today my blockfolio lookin green as fuck

Which snek are you?

rollin for snek ( + gains)

rollin

Why is this so undervalued?

roll

It has pretty high marketcap theres just a shit load of coins

XRP vs. XLM and why?

I feel like a stinky linky holding this coin

Ripple started like this.

Pre-mined

medium.com/@malcolmrosegaming/how-to-buy-stellar-lumens-xlm-quick-guide-5995b2359c81

This is a pretty decent place to start if you're trying to learn about Stellar

roll

Im sorry stellaer snakes i have to be honest ive been in this coin for awhile and yesterday i decided to trad in for the eth value, though it is a good coin to keep your memes from falling its has proven to me to be to slow of a gainer. Honest opinion do what you what you will with it

I am starting to agree.Too much of my portfolio tied up in this and it just keeps going sideways. I might wait until January to see if there really is news.But goddamn I am missing way too many gains.

As soon as you sell this shit will go to Mars
Don't sell your Marscoin yet

well i sold at a lost and rebought to off set that loss back into steller after it dropped hopding it will change after january 1st but the 5th of jan is all im going to give it

You're going to regret being a weak-handed bitch.
Honest opinion do what you will with it

>mfw this time next year i'm thinking about you guys

its not that im out fully im just starting to gain doubt in its potential.
Dont get me wrong, i think its a great coin, but its not there quiet yet to blow my load on it

I'm not saying I won't get back in, but realistically is this going to the moon THIS weekend? My stack isnot getting any bigger right now.

also its not actually IBM backing this coin.
IBM isnt that retared. its a block called ibm not the actuall billion dollar company

>can get in on a coin less than a dollar
>Easily has $100 value within the next 3 years
>too slow of profits

LOL I swear, biz thinks this shit happens over night. Well me your bags you weak handed bitch.

How big is your stack? This is a long hold, your best bet is to hold if you want to see where IBM tries to take this in 2018

look at the data and its losing out to ripple right now. almost like it will be the red headed son of the bunch.
P.S. i have nothing in ripple., i would rather hold this.

can we get some price predictions here? how about 1 month, 6 months, 12 months, 2 years, 5 years?

How can this have a $100 value?
desu my stack is only like 2k and majority in xlm.

read my previous i give it till the 5th of jan when all that holiday money comes back

>ibm.com/blockchain/offerings.html
>ibm.com/blockchain/use-cases/
>oracletimes.com/stellar-lumens-xlm-ibm-provided-fresh-new-validators-expectations-for-2018/
come again?

dubs

Take me to the moon.

NICE TRAJECTORY STELLAR SNAKE!
nice dubs

youre right i miss spoke, but even with tht backing its still up in the air at this point. Even when that news broke it didnt jump

XLM is the best.

my biggest gripe with the crypto game is that everything revolves around how btc performs. it's frustrating. how can this ever be changed without bitcoin crashing because if bitcoin fails, the public will be very skeptical to ever give anything else a shot on a mainstream level again.

why do people unironically think this will have a bigger market cap than IBM itself lol

100 bucks and HOW MANY BILLION COINS? get the hell out of here. Amazing case scenario this reaches $1.

because it's better than IBM

Nigger you didn’t ‘misspeak’ you tried to fud and tell a lie and got called out on it.

Misspoke my ass

Well think what you want cunt, maybe i just didnt research enough or maybe i miss spoke because ive been drink now fuck off poo in lou.
How about you read the post history before speaking pumkin

roll

that what my fears are based on, but then i also think its because its the holidays. Regardless i dont believe there will be a rebound in bitcoin , but maybe eth will take its pace no one really knows.

i do believe there will be a rebound*********
Sorry again been drinking

XRB is the XLM killer

Ooooohhh a namefag and he has been drinking adult beverages!

Look out guys we got a baddass over here!!

hey kiddo youre the one crying im just answering

whats its support?
any backing?

If it succeeds it will take up a good portion of the credit card industry and be the standard of international money transfers. 10$ is the minimum

>Jan

Probably the best month for Stellar IMO

All this bitcoin scare will even make it a better opportunity, something Ripple can't exactly do with their tight 'structure' with banking institutions

I've personally always wanted to do cross-payment exchanges, and im soon planning on making a prototype off Stellar

See: stellar.org/about/directory
Are you high or fuckin' dyslexic?

>im soon planning on making a prototype off Stellar
if you aren't full of shit, I will gladly invest

R O C K E T S H I P

O

C

K

E

T

S

H

I

P

???????????????????????????????

Oh I know, the Stellar community is amazing

Stay tuned

drunk but possibly dyslexic aswell.

reddit.com/r/Stellar/comments/7bfbuj/hi_im_michael_dowling_group_cto_and_chief/
Why can't you weak-minded faggots ever learn? 2018 is XLM's year.
USD $50 per lumen, screencap this

I've been trying to buy some of this coin for the last three days. Cuckbase is pissing me right the fuck off and I need to abandon it ASAP because fuck them.

So I tried to sign up with Kraken. Verification is turned off. Polinex, having trouble with verification. Bitrex has new registrations turned off. Coss doesn't have it yet. Finally got an account with Binance, but I've still got 72 hour holds to move ETH into the wallet because Fuckbase isn't letting anything move even after multiple ID verifications.

I just want to buy some goddamn shitcoins! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Easily has $100 value

Maybe $1.00-10.00. They're going to be giving out lumen for the next 10 years and were specific that they didn't want the prices to insane like BTC because that priced it right out of the market. They're deliberately going to keep it low. There is still room for solid growth, but it's supposed to stay cheap.

What is the ultimate goal in buying crypto? I mean in terms of say buying XVG is the idea that eventually it will become a largely used form of currency?

I guess I'm asking what makes one crypto different from others?

What time is it

Currently waiting for Gemini to verify me after Coinbase decided to remove my card from my account and refusing to let me re-add it without contacting their completely non-existent customer support. Only thing that's keeping me from closing my account is the Bitcoin stuck in limbo since I refuse to pay 3/4ths of what it's worth in transaction fees to move it to Binance.

dont move in bitcoin man it takes way to long buy into lite or eth and then move it over

Think of buying crypto as buying stocks for start-ups that are working on technological advancements. ie: Verge is a privacy coin, meaning that your transactions with it, and your money, are not monitored and anonymous transactions can reduce the potential for fraud and identity theft, etc. (frankly I don't know, I could be wrong). Ripple is for bank transactions to reduce the time and cost to send money between banks and the likes. XLM is (currently) used for bank transactions but is attempting to move it into other markets like retail.

>I guess I'm asking what makes one crypto different from others?

The technology the blockchain entails.

Every blockchain has their story, some are knockoffs

Some, are fixes and solutions

Exactly, I know, that's why it's just sitting in Coinbase right now until it goes up past the price I paid for it and I can sell it.

XLM is always intended as Crypto's CURRENCY.
The way the Stellar network is built/programmed/designed to handle mass cross-border
transactions to facilitate everything from cross-border cash transfers, ICOs to fin remittance.
Right now, XLM has the advantage in speed, reputation and experience.

All it needs now is acceptance, adoption and use.

Thanks for the response. So different cryptos are working towards different things that they are hoping will become important in the future, giving their coin value?

H

Correct, some focus on speed or quantity of transactions, some focus on privacy, some focus on multiplatform integration.

I recommend searching and reading up on any coin before deciding to go in

Yeah, pretty much. But then of course you have forks which are derivatives of coins that attempt to do things better in the blockchain than the crypto they are forking from (think bitcoin and bitcoin cash) and then there are flat-out different cryptos with different blockchains that are at competition with each other (think monero and verge).

Do you seeee what i seeeee

a universal fiat/crypto exchange would finally decouple shit coins from btc/eth. one can dream, but an xlm based exchange would be a good first step

Both, only a moron would pick one or the other.

>5378168
The audacity of you fucking retards. You come here sharing tips and analysis of crypto, when it's just a roll of the fucking dice. You're like a sad old booze hound that thinks he's got a great method for winning the coin slots. You all think you're Jordan Belfort. If you weren't £1000 deep in crypto by 2014 you're a fucking victim. If you haven't already lost most of your money, you're going to at one point. Even the photos you post of your "14k portfolio", you're not kidding anyone. Spend 10k, up 4k one day, down 4k the next. This should not be a business and finance thread it should be a help thread for problem gamblers. You're fucking pathetic. You're lazy. You have nothing going in in life. That's why you choose crypto currency. You're all too lazy to invest in real business ventures. Take me for example, a real entrepreneur. I've been buying and selling cars since I was 17. It's paid my bills for 6 years. Just this morning I bought a "spares or repairs" listing for £150. Got it running after a quick reference of the hanes manual and an hour on YouTube. Same car, similar age and millage are selling for £4500 on autotrader. Night just sell it for £4000, for a quick sale. Even if I buy a car that is truly fucked, it still has scrap value, real physical value. What do you have? Nothing. Ive also put the deposit on a car that cost 3300 but will sell for 5000 easily. And all that took was 15 mins looking for a good deal. Last year I used only £8000 to buy my uncle a van and tolls for his landscaping business, for which I'm getting £1200 per month cash for zero effort. No sleepless nights. No spending hours each day following trends (100% pointless task) and now I'm looking to buy a small piece of low grade land for forestry operations. You idiots really have no idea about business or finance. I hope bitcoin crashes to 1k most of you fucking hang yourself. Worthless posers

The company Ripple has to whitelist you to the payment system which they charge for (to big banks). vs XLM is actually a blockchain and anyone can join free of charge.

XLM has the support of Bill Gates, IBM and master shiller Tai Lopez. vs XRP has the support of large financial institutions (not bad tho).

XLM obviously has a lower market cap so this could be a better opportunity but XRP has its name.

XLM is feeless vs I think XRP has fees but idk desu

i mean it was one of only a handful of coins to stay steady during all this bloodbath.

yeah but that seems like a hassle desu lol :PPPP

>talking to pasta

but car dealers are scum of the earth. atleast finance people look good and are dressed properly, everybody in the car business fucking looks ugly and stinks

I love lumens, but what the fuck is going on with this bitches front parts.

Roll snek pleas

Is this a good time to buy? Should I wait for a dip?

the xlm/eth pair is looking better than btc
if you want to wait though, when btc hits a new ATH should be a good time