Favorite MtG card thread

Favorite MtG card thread, try not to just post catds that are good but ones that just fun as well

This little guy.

Even Wizards loves it: "Our condolences to everyone who has been killed by an ornithopter" - Wotc (1995).

A joke, which wasn't particularly funny, which people latched onto, and is now in high demand, despite being crap. This card is a meme and a metaphor for everything I like and everything I hate in Magic.

I'm also partial to treasured find.

My first deck back in 2002 or so was based around Unnatural Selection and Engineered Plague. The deck was grindy and tons of fun, and revolved around crippling and stealing my opponent's creatures with cards like Phyrexian Infiltrator and Empress Galina. When Artificial Evolution came out I threw a couple in to change the Wall limitation on US to clam or whatever, which let me do "1: Target creature can't attack this turn." I'm sure it was pretty bad but we were all bad so I had no problem racking up tons of wins with it.

beep boop

I'm not pretending it's any good.

Endless fun in commander

Anything with level up for a single mana is good.

I mean, it's not bad.

Tormented Soul, royal assassin, dark ritual, phyrexian arena. I run a deck with Last Wish, Dark Favor, Unholy Strength, Tormented Soul, Bonesplitter, inkfathom Infiltrator, and a couple royal assassin's and kill spells, as well as four dark rituals and a phyrexian arena. It's swingy as fuck and VERY vulnerable to removal but that's what last wish is for. Problem is I spent all that time making that deck amd it's really not very fun to play after 1 to 2 games because its so fast. It is fun swinging for 7 on like turn 2 to 3 and then the creature dies and I drain the opponent for 7 mot plus life gain. Last Wish was the first intelligent decision I made for that deck in a while.

>Cowards can't block advisors
>Gain one life for each ferret on the battlefield.
>Olivia Voldaren turns everyone into cats.

>Olivia "3-foot-schlong with 30 pussies" Voldaren

He's my baby.

Literally me

there is only one correct choice for this.
so many shenanigans can be had with her.
also i love her.

She's actually really pretty for not having an actual body.

I love (a)symmetrical effects.

It's just so damn useful.

Much fun was had back in the day, still my favourite even though he's less useful now.

I'm not a competitive shitter I swear, I just genuinely love this guy's ability. I've always loved interactions with the graveyard, and this card, Lhurgoyf, and Vengevine are my favorite graveyard matters cards.

I like stuff that isn't overly complicated or too vanilla it seems. I like anthem effects and powering stuff up.

YOU'RE GOING TO DIE AND YOU'RE GOING TO DO IT RIGHT NOW

It's not fun unless you're trying desperately to not kill yourself by accident.

Icy Manipulator was one of my absolute favorites back when tapping artifacts turned them off and tapping blockers prevented their combat damage. It's still okay now, but back then it was the ultimate "do anything" artifact. You'd get crazy boardstates and blindside people with some tap interaction that they never saw coming. Some of the best Magic ever.

I love the value this guy gives, he trades with any creature, he flies and beats for 1, and he is easy to recur. Plus the art and general aesthetic of the card is sweet.

Because fuck ALL your shit

This or Gilder Bairn.

My first card worth anything really.
It's also a great source of shenenigans, infinite life combos, and other fun stuff.

why does merfolk leveler get generic level up cost while dragon man is locked into mono red?
Also, this guy is an absolute monster. the trample is brutal

love this guy too. yes i've won games by skredding him

Pic related is the most perfect magic card ever printed.

Murder. Instant. Destroy target creature. Dude with a fucking greatsword through his chest.

There's so little there, yet it has so much weight behind it.

OP here
Really glad to see whats going on
but as I said at the beginning of the thread
I would love to see cards that are loved in spite of how good they
they may be stupid
they may make no sense
but they were your first card
or they are just so over the top bad its great
pic related
he sucks hard
I would never trade him away
I love him so for his suckage
I love him for his cornyness
I love him for his over the top name

Did you know that an original Island Fish Jasconious is $7 USD? Insane. Very cool casts though.

fuck strategy

I, like any magic player, want extra turns. However as an edh player I prefer fairer effects, so Timesifter to me is the perfect way to give everyone a chance at some extra turns. Well everyone except cedh players, which is just an added bonus.

Refuse to play Modern until they unban my bad boy.

Good taste user.

I started playing around odyssey block and my favorite deck then was UG threshold, with Mulch as my favorite card. The simple value it gives is amazing.

When they put a similar effect on a creature, I instantly fell in love.

As a beginner i thought This + Madcap Skills was the strongest combo in all of Magic. Good times.

Some colors are more prone to including/requiring a bunch of their own color of mana than others. Blue is supposed to be utilitarian and results-oriented, rather than picky or intolerant. Blue pretty much never costs, or produces, a whole bunch of blue mana.

Red on the other hand is the color of Ritual spells (or it is nowadays) and has the firebreathing ability. Red also has nonbasic hate and cares about mountains now and then. Also, since Kargan has firebreathing the devs probably assumed you'd only put him in a deck that makes a lot of Red anyway.

started in onslaught and this guy has been getting me some sweet sweet card advantage ever since

One of my favorite burn cards. Nothing more satisfying then putting one out turn 1.

You called for me boss?

Such legendary art.

comfiest land of all time

I made an EDH deck with this. I had an unusually high number of high-cost cards but still figured, since a third of my deck is land anyway, the odds were good someone would go instead of me a fair amount of time. Upon playing it, I proclaimed, "I have successfully randomized the turn order!" And one of our players just got up and walked away from the table.

I asked him what's up, and he said, "just let me know when it's my turn" and started playing the Binding of Isaac. This guy is usually the most cool headed bro ever, so him walking away with salt told me I had dun goofed. I took the card out of the deck after that game.

To each their own, though.

one of the best cards ever

>Burn
Also this card is a MASSIVE MEME. Anyone that lets it stay is either a fucking idiot or also playing red and willing to just bolt it.

So what if I play burn? This is a thread about favorite cards ya dingus. And yeah that's the best outcome if they want it sac'd, they just took 4 to the face turn 1 against burn.

My favorite aspect of him is that everyone remembers he's got a busted ability, and nobody remembers that he's a 5/5 and can fuck your shit up.

I love this nigga. He's a rad dude all about the homies, and even though ulting with walkers is hard, dropping his is so much fun. It's a real shame Wizards is trying their hardest to erase his existence, since there's been 3 other R/G walkers since he dropped.

Oh yeah. I get that. I have a guy in my play group who hates it. Last time I played it I copied it too. No one liked that, least of all me because I had to keep track of it all.

Also I remembered another favorite of mine for the art. Shell of the last Kappa.

I have won so many games out of nowhere with this guy such a perfect threat you don't even know is a threat until it's too late. EDH player here so I usually just sit back and make a 40+ mana and leave people wondering "okay what it's all for" when suddenly I attack with better Storm Crow and they are taking 40 dmg

not that guy but why you hatin tho?

Everyone at my LGS ran Queller decks they were just everywhere in my MTG life for a bit.

Probably because it's a cool card with good art and a powerful ability. Sorry if you think your favorites should only be based on something stupid like nostalgia.

card advantage, huge evasive beater (or tempo-wrecking blocker), storm engine all in one. what more could you ask for in a card desu

i guess that all makes sense

cool

tilt

Master Transmuter needs to get NATURALIZED

I live to murder people with that card. You're a gentleman and a scholar, user

Crucible was already posted, so I'll post my second favorite. I'd play Lands if I had the money.

Seconding arena. Always love this card

ya m8 hook em in de gabba

I love how, when they went back and erattad a bunch of cards to be a race and a class (goblin warrior, elf druid) they just left him a wizard.

No better feeling in my krenko deck then turn 1 lackey into a turn 2 seige gang.

[timmy intensifies]

The most powerful card ever printed.

Isn't this pretty much a worse Sylvan Caryatid, unless of course you want to buff and attack with it.

>No one posted capsize

The centered rules text really brings it together as well. The Innistrad 2 version just doesn't have the same ommpfh

This card is playing magic in it's purest form. No stalling, no waiting, nothing hidden. People play spells whether they want to or not.

Love the art, the flavour, and the ability is excellent. Just wish there was a good commander to play him with.

I play this with necropotence in edh

That's actually pretty hilarious.

I use March of the Machines with it and just try to get as many Omen Machines on the battlefield as possible with clone effects.

hell, with enough mana you could mill one person and beat down another. I think this just found a place in my EDH whoops all combos deck

I know it's not just one card, but getting off infinite ETB and ETG effects with bears is so goddamn satisfying.

I loved playing with this card.
>blocking with goats
>drawing cards
>recurring artifacts

I had a real problem not playing this card in limited. Never got to combo it with Reverberate though.

>eats your attacker
>eats your blocker
>eats your progenitus
>eats your board
>give him trample and lure and he eats your face

this smug fuck and his death laser

i have a real problem

Always and forever

This card owned kitchen table in high school.

Remarkable choices. Consider yourself men of excellent taste.

Sylvan Library is fantastic and fuck your color pie.

It has the best flavor text too

>protection from everything

Funny as hell with the right set up.

Engulfing Slagwurm doesn't actually target, so if Progenitus blocks it, Progenitus will be destroyed by the ability.

One of my first rares. I love the idea behind it.

Forgot the pic, how embrassing...

Either of these. Master Transmuter has both great functionality (despite being easy to remove) and gorgeous art and can she lead into some hilarious interactions in my Myr deck.
Krenko is Krenko. He's the reason I finally built a Goblin deck after refusing to build red for so long. The salt he generates when he can resolve turn 3 with haste is priceless everytime.

I really want this effect to be on something playable.

Boldwyr Intimidator has the best fucking flavor of any card ever. Absolute flavor jackpot. Cowards can't block warriors.

I only wish it didn't cost seven fucking mana for a 5/5. That's just not good enough mechanically. If it was even one mana cheaper I would force it into every cube and commander deck ever.

Shit be damaging to the opponent

kird ape is probably my legit favorite but this is a less obvious pick

i played both in a deck when i was a youngin. orcish lumberjack too.

Tinder Wall and Orcish Lumberjack are the forgotten greats of the Ice Age RG ramp.