Near future Islamic-punk setting

Not bait.
How would you run a game set in a dystopian North America with the "Islamic States of America" as the main focus, complete with cyberpunk Sharia. the main governing body is composed of Daesh and has the entire US armament and satellite network at its disposal.
The players would create characters that form a kind of resistance group that practices Guerilla warfare against the Daesh government. Players could create characters from all walks of life who have the goal of ending a totalitarian regime.
What would have happened to Canada in this setting?
What would have happened to Mexico?

Other urls found in this thread:

ibtimes.com/how-isis-governs-its-caliphate-leaked-islamic-state-document-reveals-blueprint-state-2213850
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I do not foresee this thread going well.

>Not bait
sure

sage, hidden, reported

>everything is bait
I'm actually curious about this. Are Red Dawn and Homefront now /pol/?

No one who will reply to this thread is capable or willing to not shitpost

Talk about this setting with people you know in person, any online discussion is doomed to failure.

GL OP

I can hope. I specified the regime as Daesh.

have the entire campaign turn out to be a hallucination from the dying president's alzheimers-ridden brain

how would that even happen? Did the muslims conjure magical weapons? Has a cataclysm struck the United States and left it in ruins? Has a plague decimated the population to the point that they cannot resist?

kek. Actually, playing as genderfluid anarcho-communist rebels fighting against an extremely exaggerated Trump run US could be funny.

I mean, none of these setting are actually feasible. It is just fun to imagine if America was taken over by [Insert country here].
Could be something like a second great depression hits the US while at the same time ISIS/ISIL makes massive gains and is able to become a real international military threat. throw in a plague and there ya go.
Again none of these kind of settings are very realistsic.

Haha because the sjws won haha XDDD :^))))))

Liberal Crime Squad is already a thing and basically has that as a premise except you're fighting reagan era conservatives.

I would run it as a quest thread on Veeky Forums

If anyone is going to become an Islamic state in the near future, it's going to be Germany, Sweden or the United Kingdom. The United States has too many people and not enough Muslims to cause such a demographic shift.

Everyone seems to take themselves and their opinions way to seriously on Veeky Forums these days so yes

It IS bait, just like the other three bait threads now on the front page.

what would America taken over by Switzerland become?

We've been through this user. Everything that the other user doesn't like is bait and /pol/
Anime, RPGs, books, movies. If it triggers the user it's /pol/

I don't know enough about Swiss culture. So I guess the totalitarian extreme of whatever makes Switzerland the country that it is.

>Everything I don't like is /pol/
Wolfenstein, Homefront, Red Dawn, Resistence, basically any setting where the baddies win, is now /pol/

Veeky Forums sure has become shit if you can't give productive tips for a setting.

Anyway, OP, here is my tip:
Have some segments of the "people of the book" be protected while others are actively persecuted.
Have mormons be a separated nation.
Have Mexican catholics fighting Islamic jihadists in Texas.

So do you think that continuing to repeat "NOT /POL/ GUISE STOP BEING SO SENSITIVE" in every /pol/tard thread on Veeky Forums is effective at convincing anyone that these threads aren't bait?

I'd like to hear your perception of efficacy.

>Wolfenstein, Homefront, Red Dawn, Resistence
All based on the wars of the past. No one gives a shit about the Nazis or the Communists anymore.

But talking about contemporary threats is impossible without getting the /pol/ armchair historians all over the place with their dicks out. I just can't imagine how it'd even be fun to talk about that shit with them.

US used as a dystopian chocolate mega-factory where children are enslaved and worked to death.

My problem isn't that I disagree with OP's politics, it's that I doubt the majority of this thread is gonna end up being about the setting and more about people flinging their political shit around.

So instead of trying to make positive contributions you shit the wall about things that haven't even happened yet?

Oh and I forgot, one of the CoD games had my country as the baddies iirc. We were always allied to the US.

Somebody yesterday tried to have a world building session for a near future setting where the world is multipolar focused on Eastern Europe and since he has West Europe turning majority Muslim and instituting Islamist government's it was considered /pol/ and they derailed it by telling everyone to go back.

As to your setting, how the hell are there suddenly so many extremist Muslims in the US. Answerer that first and then we can go from there.

>"people of the book" be protected while others are actively persecuted
Well ISIS, which this government would be based on, executes Shia Muslims. So I imagine there would be quite a few Shia resistance fighters as well.

See: Is this something that could actually happen? No, but that doesn't mean it can't be interesting to explore.

While you're all in here, can one of you please post the comic of the /pol/tard with the MAGA hat saying something like "And that's why white genocide is real!", then the second panel is zoomed out where we can see him talking to himself while a group of people converse in the background?

Cool, but why not turn it around?

Here are more contributions:
Explain that they took over after a new economic recession severely debilitated the US, causing a civil war and allowing jihadists to take over some of the american nuclear stockpile.
Now they control half the US, with independent states controlling the other half. Iran and Saudi are at war and trying to get nukes ASAP, the Kaaba was nuked...
Turkey has expanded into a destroyed Iraq, and Russia has assumed direct control of many neighboring nations as a "security measure".
Japan is building up its military to prevent chinese intervention.
UK nearly fell, requiring help from irish catholics.
Germany is on the brink of collapse, and so is France.
The liberal popes are gone, replaced with militant and fervorous leaders.
Latin America and Africa are becoming fervently christian and gearing up for war.

This is how I'd do this -shitfest-.

>extremely exaggerated Trump

There`s not much left to exaggerate desu

That's actually pretty good.

Oh, I agree with you completely. I was just pointing out that there was fertile ground for setting development to explain how this occurred.

And I second the user above me, Desert tag teaming with Hispanic Catholic Texans and cartels along with militia innawoods types against cyber jihadists and drone swarms are good things for this setting.

I think that's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If nobody complained the thread would be fine. Everyone agrees ISIS are bad guys, and the idea of islamic extremists taking over the USA is so implausible that it just enters the realm of fantasy and real politics take a backseat. Just like nobody was offended by those stories where North Korea takes over America.

But now we're arguing more about how the thread might go to shit than about the actual topic it's hard to imagine the thread not going to shit.

To answer the OP's question I would treat it as alternate history like The Man in High Castle, starting with the premise that the Ottoman Empire reversed its decline during the 19th century, became increasingly violent and fanatical, and replaced the Soviet Union as the antagonist of the Cold War. Then follow the plot of Homefront as normal.

I figure Iran would rush nukes to try and survive.

Somehow the Kaaba is nuked, because that would be a huge mess and sounds like mess = interesting shit.

Shia sunni war with Iran x Saudi. Turkey being an expansionist dickhole...

Oh and China could decide to expand since the US is gone. Same for Russia. Japan remilitarizes, etc.

Internal affairs: expect some mexicans to convert while others form catholic guerrilas.
Shias could fight as well, but separately.
American conservatives, gun nuts, preppers, all of those would fight.
Problem is? Daesh has nukes, so things are dire.

>Trump engineered supersoldiers wearing golden armor
>they wear insignia armbands with a silhouette of Trump's hair
>the stars on the flag have been replaced by Trump's face
>every US weapon system is now made of gold and shaped like an eagle
I can think of a few things.

no step on snek
NO STEP ON SNEK

>New government is religious, tough on crime, hates progressive taxes and niggers and thinks that private initiatives should replace all public wellfare institutions

Sounds like the silent majority would approve... well silently. And the Reps would be down with that.

India becomes a world superpower by 2020.

The only bad thing about it would be the religion being a wrong one.

Burning Sands - Jihad.

Give that a read.

Easy, women only characters for the party

American Jews flee to Alaska, fulfilling the prophecy of Roosevelt

A collective -16 strength for an average party. Impressive.

context?

>Everything I don't like is bait

Well, considering gangs of Muslims roam the US now and a lot of federal law is Shia law, I'd say that it is already happening... we're just too busy shooting niggers and school kids that we haven't noticed yet.

Roosevelt wanted to give Alaska to the Jews instead of recognizing Israel

>initial cries of "/pol/ will makes this political!"
>takes just a few minutes for leftwingers to make it political
Well played.

Because I'm not one of the faggots who thinks this is bait, I'll contribute what I know.
Any dogs people would own would have to be work animals (Dogs aren't haram, Mohamed just said a dog that doesn't work for you is a waste of food and space).
Pork would be illegal and only available on the black market.
Businesses wouldn't be open on Fridays as that's their Sabbath. Non-believers would become second class citizens.

Anything else is beyond my knowledge.

Yes, but the players are members of the Islamic Government and are fighting the Neo-Russians And it's actually a Dune game.

Would it be possible for them to copy the Turks and make some sort of slave army, like the janissaries?

Not sure what's wrong with pointing out that Saudi Arabia is a leftist hellhole with some bright spot, like the public executions...

>Near future.
>Daesh controls US.

Pick. One.

If you want to make good bait, people have to be able to suspend disbelief instead of laugh at your idiocy.

Homefront is retarded.

Red Dawn was at least plausible in the 80s.

>Red Dawn was at least plausible in the 80s.
No it wasn't. World War 3 would have been fought in the Middle East and Europe (China as well, if they decided to honour their psuedo-alliance with America). Invading North America is a fucking pain in the ass, Mexico's military was pathetic, and Nicaragua was having a civil war for the entirety of the war. The Soviets only really considered Alaska as a possible target for special forces units to secure oilfields. Mainland US was off-limits.

>implying anyone actually believes this
Autismo please.

How about a spying/infiltration/investigation type of goal in the game? Something like the pcs are ordinary citizens in the newly founded theocracy, who just are more humanist/secular than the ruling priestly/militant class. They'd get contacted by a separatist movement and would have to do their work while simultaneously appear as devout believers and fulfill their religious and civil duties.

So much dim people trying to censor a titillating idea in this thread.

I would hope that LA would still be the mecca of explicit po---^H^H halal officially-approved "temporary Islamic marriage" movies.

You know the ones.

We already have a book about Sitka, and it's great.

Alaska as Israel and maybe Washington state as Lebanon (mostly Christian, I mean) allies fighting an Islamic central government on the East Coast would be cool.

Religions are fairly interchangeable if you have complete control over the media

First ever superpower with no concept of sanitation.

That would be perfect.

Transhuman Space has a very, very good depiction of an advanced Caliphate which uses Islamic AIs and memetics to indoctrinate and subvert, while at the same time rooting out "un-Islamic" practices and people. The Mutawi'yun, like a digital Ikhwan.

There would be a US Department of Religious Affairs & Moral Purity, with sub-departments for other "religions of the book" and a Cleansing Office for exterminating non-Book pagans and heretics.

There would be extra taxes on non-Muslims (jizya) and second-class status for them, as well as separate courts and public areas in a de facto apartheid system. Non-Muslims could not hold a higher office than mayor and can never be in power over Muslims or judge them in any way.

Islamic commissars would be embedded in every government dept, town, military & police unit to maintain moral purity and keep an eye out on dissenters. Parallel structures to the state are common in fascist systems and Islamic states are no exception.

Resistance would likely take the form of pretending to be a Muslim while practicing something else in secret, much as what happened during the Islamic conquests in Egypt, Iran and the Balkans.

I'm willing to consider a cyberpunk Islamic setting.
But not Daesh. That's just stupid.

Man, that picture is making me lose conrtrol.

Slavery of non-Muslims (of any race or color) would be legal.

An Islamic US would have no qualms about using nuclear weapons against enemies, including internal enemies if they seized control of a city (for example, if Denver rebelled, nuking Denver would be considered as an option). Same with biological and chemical weapons, as these have been sanctioned by some Islamic scholars.

There would be competing sects, I assume, along the Sunni/Shia schism, with suppressed sects such as Alevis and Sufis, perhaps. Regular massacres of these groups would occur in those areas where the government was weak.

There would be no central church hierarchy, however, as Islam is decentralized and consists of eminent scholars and imams who have different interpretations and jurisprudence. The "problem of 1000 popes", as they say. Neither would there be a US Constitution, as the Koran and Hadiths are considered the constitution of a body of Muslims and are a considered to be a complete guide to living, government and everything.

Also playing queer characters would be interesting for once.

>Secret hijabi sluts

I can definitely get behind this.

Another possibility might be a decentralized, more federal state system where different religions are grouped into different states while still being subject to a weak Islamic federal government, as in the vilyat system of the Ottoman Empire. Local fiefs ruled by strongmen with the blessing of the central government. So maybe Colorado would still be mainly Protestant Christian, while Utah is Mormon, Kentucky is Baptist and Massachusetts is Catholic (but with Church appointments controlled by Muslim government officials).

Look up Hijabolic on tumblr and knock yourselves out.

>isis with control of the USA's nuclear arsenal

Not even trying to be edgy here, but there is no way this would result in anything but nuclear apocalypse.

Technically true, because daesh wants a nuclear apocalypse to usher in the Age of the 13th (hidden) Imam. It's their version of The Rapture.

Given nuclear weapons they would immediately launch them at everyone else to end the world and usher in paradise.

Why do you anti white leftists want to punish white people for not hating their own race?

>Not bait
>4th thread like this in the row

Report and ignore

>Why do you anti white leftists want to punish white people for not hating their own race?

I just want that comic man

I can't remember the thread I saw it in last week

It's pretty pathetic you can't find a comic that's probably plastered all over tumblr.

It honestly depends on how this came to be, because unless Donald trump pulled a Wahabi Praise the orb, praise Allah conversion on our asses I can't see it happening without a serious demographic change both in the US and something utterly catastrophic (likely with the US being entirely responsible for) in the orient (or more likely the Bengal-Pakistan Areas). At which point that kind of atmospheric global shit is going to bring half of the old world with it.

It's like saying (America is Chinese now and under the mandate of heaven, what happens?) No explain how the FUCK we got here mother fucker.

pfff didn't you learn in gender studies to not assume one's gender?

>Bengal-Pakistan

What?

450 Million Mohammedans user.

>America is Chinese now and under the mandate of heaven, what happens?

HERRO? YOU GWAILO SUCKY SUCKY NOW!

I think, rather than at a time of war, a great and tumultuous peace could be the issue. Christian radicals "strike back" against the Muslim, and Sunni become the new underdog. The internet rallies, the generation ticks over, and an influx of refugees from the now devestated "Jerusalem front" causes the majority to ever so slightly tip over- but enough to get a majority.
The slightly-less than half who don't like it rebel, but the new ultra-conservative and militant government, with "the backing of the people", is able to stomp down hard, and that curbs most enthusiasm for the resistance.

Most dictatorships are sadly quite sustainable once they happen, so at that point I guess you'd start your campaign and have people trying to foster an intellectual revolution.

I mean, it's a setting designed to piss some people off, but fuck, I might play it.

What system? Shadowrun?

>What system? Shadowrun?

No. God no. Partly because magic is so deeply entrenched in it and partly because it's fucking terrible.

Whoops, I got daesh confused with Shia Twelvers and the 12th (not 13th) Imam.

Daesh still wants an apocalypse to occur at Dabiq.

D&D

What? You'd revert to that tech level.

cyberpunk 2020, gurps maybe?

The thing is, daesh as a political entity in its current for is impossible to create a sustainable form of government. They are a literal beta uprising, people who would be praising kek and shooting schools if they lived in the US. It's a fanatical nihilism given form. All they want is destruction and nothing else. They often don't know Islam beyond some propaganda brochures because most of them don't know Arabic.

So, let's say they've, magically, won. The man in high castle kinda deal. Well, I think the only kind of law would be the law of violence. It's not cyberpunk, it's Mad Max. Lacking external threat they would quickly turn on each other. Billion "Islamic" states of the US fighting between each other till there's nothing left.

>most of them don't know read
fix maybe?

You're wrong on all counts; ISIS was exceptionally good at governing, in the most brutal but effective sense of the term.

ibtimes.com/how-isis-governs-its-caliphate-leaked-islamic-state-document-reveals-blueprint-state-2213850

They had good planning, steady cash flow, good logistics, and rational goals. They were murderous and evil, but were not just nihilist teenagers.

In addition, the leadership does speak Arabic and are experts on Islam; abu bakr al-baghdadi has a doctorate in islamic theology.

>their

From what I remember, only Iran officially believes in that hog, and they do not have a death whish. Of course, ISIS has integrated some of those ideas into their crap, but such as it stands, the US would most likely be dominated by Saudi Arabia and other oil money folks who think that it's all super-heretic.

> They are a literal beta uprising
They're made of former Iraqi secret service personel, veteran islamic freedom fighters and veterans of the many civil wars the US kickstarted in the region.

The betas and western converts are mainly used as second-line troops, bomb guidance systems and executioners and that betas leave for redder pastures isn't novel either and has nothing do do with maymays. Folks from all over Europe left to fight in Spain, to move to the Soviet Union or to join SS formations as well. No idea how many actually left to join Napoleon's armies, but we do have one famous novel about just such a kid as well.

>islamic freedom fighters

Contradiction in terms. Islamic fighters fight for sharia law and Islam, the opposite of freedom. It's like saying "Nazi freedom fighters".

>and veterans of the many civil wars the US kickstarted in the region.

It was the Syrian Assad regime and their Iranian friends that backed various terrorist groups and sectarian militias during the late 2000s/early 2010s which eventually grew into ISIS and the Syrian Civil War. This is well documented. The Americans always backed a unified Iraqi government, even against their own Kurd separatist allies (see Maliki's inter-government comms). Please read your history more thoroughly.

Why are you talking about Isis and Sharia law yet posting a US flag with a Turkish symbol?

This thread turned out a lot better than I thought
thanks tg

> Islamic fighters fight for sharia law and Islam, the opposite of freedom.
They're reasonably often fighting in States that are controlled by dictators and mass murderers.

>The Americans always backed a unified Iraqi government
They backed somebody Bush met during some oil deal.