HoD Leaks/Spoilers

So there's that

Ramucap Excavator
2G
Creature - Naga Cleric
You may play land cards from your graveyard.
2/3

Wildfire Eternal
3R
Creature - Zombie Jackal Cleric
Afflict 4 (Whenever this creature becomes blocked, defending player loses 4 life)
Whenever ~ attacks and isn't blocked, you may cast an instant or sorcery card from your hand without paying its mana cost.
1/4

And that

Abrade
1R
Instant
Choose one -
*Abrade deals 3 damage to target creature.
*Destroy target artifact.

And that

Adorned Pouncer
1W
Creature - Cat
Double Strike
Eternalize 3WW
1/1

>Eternalize
What does it do?

Eternalize? Sounds like Embalm+.

>Afflict
>Eternalize
Neat

We don't know yet
Any suggestion?

Probably
What is worth 2W more than a 1/1 double striker for 1W?

for 3WW, I'm going to assume something like:
>whenever this creature dies, at the beginning of your next endstep, return it to play

Return creature from graveyard to field. Doesn't exile the next time it is destroyed. Only as a sorcery

My guess

My bet it is Embalm and +1/+1

>Megamorph all over again
Please no

Crucible of Worlds on a Snek. Yeah okay.

*bestow

except it's a Naga not a Snake. yeah it looks like a snake, should have been a snake, but WotC decided to create the Naga type because fuck people who want to build snake tribal amirite

cunts

A playable card vs. Vehicles decks. Thank god

Fuck yeah that snek!

Will Crucible go down in price?

Nope. Price memory and crucible is still needed for decks that lack green.

Crucible is harder to remove as well.

SNEK 2 STRONG

What decks runs Crucible that isn't also green?

Based on no information at all, embalm + indestructible

Afflict sounds something the Eldrazi would have instead of Ingest.

Beautiful foil card, too bad I hate cats.

Ok. Let's make a bet.
>Embalm with counters
>Embalm with indestructible
>Reveal from hand, pay, create copy token
>Embalm without exile
>Bestow 2.0

Megamorph was long ago so I guess it won't be +1/+1 counters, besides it's a -1/-1 counters matter set.

My guess is Embalm with Indestructible.

Embalm + Indestructible sounds most likely, honestly. Just by the name.

>Eternalize:

Create a token of the creature, but the token is indestructible and can't be removed from the game or sacrificed.

but there's already a -1/-1 theme in amonkhet and HOU is all about the end of the world

maybe it makes someone indestructible? or unable to be exiled?

>can't be removed from the game or sacrificed
3strong5me

My bet is on:
Exile it and at the beginning of your end step create a token that's a copy of it if you don't control a creature with that cards name.

Honestly, I think that Eternalize is either "cast from graveyard," or it's "return to your hand from the graveyard." Making the creature indistructable wouldn't be very interesting, and it would cause game-memory problems.

Plus, the idea of being able to cast a card again and again, Eternally, seems very thematic to me. From the snek, we know that there's gonna be an anti-bolas faction who've probably been surviving in the desert somehow, and Eternalize seems like the anti Embalm to me.

5 mana 1/1 double strike

its ok

>cat with eternalize is white
>drop him
>keep dropping wipes
I don't think so.

>paw is resting on the Type bar
Adorned Pouncer is cute. CUTE!

which is why it makes more sense that it's just Bestow but from the graveyard

that cannot be removed from the game by any means.
it's not ok.

>opponent drops his cat

cats block themselves forever

Just pacify it bro :ˆ)

Lets compare it to another 5 mana indestructible hexproof cat...

I destroy your Pacifism. What now?

It's a keyword, that means there will be more than 1 card with it
More than one completely unremovable card is not okay

4/4 Indestructible hexproof

Im fine with that

>drop cat
>wipe
>token
>mld
I hope you have a vedalken orrery.

Which means that Eternalize is gonna be something significantly better than just "embalm with indestructible."

I also doubt that they'd have "this creature is a perfect blocker" as a mechanic in creatures: the tappening. Then again, they do have a mechanic based on being blocked...

It's also two colors.
My bet is simply on sorcery speed return to the battlefield no strings attached.

Eternalize:

5 mana: Create a token that's a copy of the creature from your graveyard. But doesn't exile the card after being Eternalized so you can do it forever.

Sorcery speed of course.

So it's basically Embalm but can be done indefinetely

>t's also two colors
your point being...

Alright, seriously. Why doesnt wotc learn from the past? Why print cards with very likely potential to bite them in the ass? Im talking about the Eternal here. Havent they learned anything from cheating mana costs being potentially degenerate. I mean, they just banned marvel for chrissakes.

Crucible of snek is pretty cool tho.

Harder to cast than mono color, so it's justified being better than a similar mono colored card

Is this bait? Wildfire Eternal is barely comparable with Marvel.

there is going to be some INTENSE graveyard hate if you're right

Im not saying its on the same powerlevel. Only that wotc is playing with fire when theyve gotten burned so many times

>harder to cast
maybe if it was three colours like siege rhino, you'd have a point, but with how many dual-lands are printed every block, 2-colour cards are more often than not just as easy to cast as mono-colour cards.

Eternal is fine. It's a creature, it doesn't have haste, it needs to connect, and it's limited to instants and sorceries.
pic related. He also cheats things into play yet sees zero constructed play.

tfw people thinking that creating indestructible or endless tokens on a fucking KEYWORD is a real possibility. Don your limited glasses ffs. For the same reason it won't be +1/+1 counters because we already have -1/-1 in the environment.

There is one real possibility: as embalm but creates 2 tokens.
Maro loves doubling. 3WW for 2 1/1 doublestrikers on a flashback sounds in the ballpark. Trigger annointed priest twice.

>people actually think this keyword will involve indestructiblity or better

You are all retarded. They would not do this to limited

>There is one real possibility: as embalm but creates 2 tokens.
has nothing to do with the actual name of the keyword

My guess is on it being cast as an Aura from the GY.

Anyone who plays in a meta with MLD and non basic land hate.

I get why it was named that for reprintability purposes, but I want it to be called Inshatterate in my heart.

Lots of edh decks

Would be pretty funny but would be hell for the translators.

There better be some Retrace cards in this set!

Possibly the best burn Red can have under Modern design space.

Fine too.

It's not really burn if it doesn't hit the opponent.

What's the point in having this is when they just banned Marvel?

>Select all squares with vehicles.

Right.

Maro hates retrace because he thinks putting a mechanic on a bunch of overcosted shitcards means the mechanic is shit.

That's a legit objection. Although megamorph was not that mega either so...

Other things I can think about:

Embalm without exile but you have to discard a land as an additional cost.
------
(here be things that are likely too complex for modern RnD taste)
Creating aura tokens a-la reverse bestow.
Exile to give all abilities of (this) to all your creatures until EOT

Exactly. Would it fucking kill them to put 'or player' on a fucking rare?

is it rare or a promo uncommon

Yes it would. MaRo would literally shrivel up and die.

>on a fucking rare

It's not a rare tho, it's just an uncommon.

>Create a token of the creature, but the token is indestructible and can't be removed from the game or sacrificed.

Give me a 1/1 G creature with "Eternalize: G"

If it said player, it would be a literal better Lightning Strike: exact same cost and more versatile, so I see why they didn't do that.

It's a game day participation promo. It has the holofoil stamp but it's an uncommon.

>I can see why they didn't make a better version of a card that isn't particularly good
user, I don't want to be the one to tell you this, but Wizards have printed strictly better Grizzly Bears without breaking the game.

>another burn spell that can't target players

Options, if they have vehicles, rip, else just a kill spell

Well seeing as the amonkhet promos were uncommon and rare on both, I assume the same.

>"Kill spell"
>3 damage for 2 mana
>Can't target players
It's a Brave New World out there.

>what is lightning bolt
>what is incinerate

Also Lightning Strike is just a better Volcanic Hammer, should it have never been printed?

>marvel caring about "destroy target artifact"

not the same as
'RnD thinking that destroy target artifact on everything would hurt marvel decks'

>R&D thought legendary was a downside on an artifact with an activated ability and a death trigger
It actually is just Skullclamp all over again.

I thought it was pretty hilarious

>be playing my friends marvel deck at a tournament
>windmill slam that turn 4 marvel with enough energy
>opponent smugly slams his main deck Dissenter's Deliverance and feels like a hotshot
>"you know I have priority on my activation right?"
>"oh"
>cast ulamog
>opponent scoops

I don't think endless tokens is actually out of the question, I get that it would be good in limited but a little bit of common gy hate would deal with it pretty well, as it is, endless 1/1 double strikers that come out 1 at a time for 5 mana each doesn't actually seem that strong in limited, though I can see how as a keyword, there's a good chance one variation would end up broken in limited

You can even give them priority and activate in response, I'd imagine. Incase you hit another Marvel or counterspell.
But yeah, Ulamog is gg either way.

Priority literally does not matter anyway unless your opponent is cheating and has Krosan Grip. And "priority on activation" actually means nothing. It's just some words that don't fit together.

Also, inb4 landwhales paint their nails green and purple and post pictures in cat ears.
*meow Ima CAT and magic cosplayer* (sound of chairs breaking)

>And "priority on activation" actually means nothing. It's just some words that don't fit together.

He meant that he retains priority after casting Marvel and can activate it immediately. But you are right that it does not matter much.

I,didn't say it was right or good design or drinking MaRos cum . I was just saying why they didn't print "creature or player".

They should have printed a Grave Peril for artifacts
Something like:

1R
Enchantment
When a nonland, nontoken artifact enters the battlefield, sacrifice ~. If you do, destroy that artifact.

Though Marvel decks could still get around it with Puzzleknot...
Anyway, I'd still like to see a card like this printed.

Still doesn't do it, do you even know how the game works?

>It's a Brave New World out there.
>heroes finale
Holy kek

Black dealing with non-creature artifacts (with the exception of vehicles) is always going to be a hard no. Same with enchantments.

Well yeah I realize now that they can simply activate Marvel in response.
The idea for the artifact Grave Peril came to me one of these days and this thread just seemed like an excuse to post it.

Your grand idea was to take an existing card and change the type it affected? Nigger god damn.

I did make it Red though.

Marvel should've cost 1 or 2 more and cost 1 or 2 more energy to activate. We can imagine doing more effective artifact hate over and over (annul with cycling? 2/2 stony silence?) but the real issue is that Marvel was pushed too hard.

His custom card is red though, not black

Never claimed it was an original idea. I legitimately just looked at Grave Peril and thought "hey, it would be neat if there was an artifact version of this".

I've seen it in some Eldrazi Tron sideboards so they can keep getting back their GQs.

So what you're saying is, the format needs (or needed) Krosan Grip?

>Marvel resolves
>Heh, nice try kid, I'll Krosan Grip i-
>PRIORITY MUHFUGGAH, IMA SPIN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUHFUCKIN BEYBLAAAAADDEEEE