magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/metamorphosis-2-0-2017-06-12

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

>Magic Digital Next Announcement and MTGO Changes
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-digital-next-update-2017-06-13
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-onlines-fifteenth-anniversary-2017-06-07

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

THREAD QUESTION

How do we make aggro great again?

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&subtype= ["Fish"]
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why the fuck is the naga creature type a thing?
should have all been snakes dammit

if all the naga's are snakes.

Can I have mummies and not zombies?

naga are humanoid snakes, they are not just snakes

Aren't mummies just the embalmed corpses? So zombie still makes sense

>mfw turn 1 island, mox, crypt, ring, vault, windfall

>How do we make aggro great again?
FUCK YOU THAT'S HOW

kamigawa snakes were also humanoid.
check and mate.

>aggro

im not your mate, buddy

Stop being culturally insensitive.

why the fuck is the merfolk creature type a thing?
should have all been fish dammit

We don't.

Wait does MtG even have fish-type? I though only YGO had time to make the damn distinction between fish, aqua and sea-serpent and later make all cards support the three types anyway.

Naga aren't even Egyptian.

It's for Laquatus infinite mill. I can make infinite colorless with ease, now I just have to be able to make it into UU so I can cast Laquatus.

>now I just have to be able to make it into UU so I can cast Laquatus.
You want Gemstone Array; it washes infinite colorless to any color.

Yesssssss

Yeah, considering it, works well with the artifact strategy.

>Naga
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Can't wait to never open what will easily be a specially seeded rare and a half.

Homan, that's going straight into a few decks.

Well, if you only need the UU once the Ramos artifact is ideal.

You could also use Astral Cornucopia since you could cast it with a couple billion counters to just have all the blue you'd ever want.

>gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&subtype= ["Fish"]

Been a thing since Revised, most recently in Dragon of Tarkir

Yeah, more I can make the better. Eye of Ramos is probably my best bet. The thing is I'd prefer these things to be multifunctional. Cornucopia is good once I have infinite colorless, less so if I don't.

How much will this be worth post standard?

How low (if at all) will this bring down Crucible of Worlds?

I don't think it'll change Crucible all that much
People always have bolts but don't usually carry that much artifact hate

Still, this is much easier to tutor for and recur, so even if it goes away quicker, it comes back quicker as well.

Oh forgot, I'm in the EDH thread. Ignore the bolt comment and think of a boardwipe or something
Still don't think it'll change Crucible's price

So with the Crucible on a stick and Splendid Rec in standard are we going to see some big ramp?

how manny counterspells should i have in him
running stax
currently i have
counterapell
pact of niggatron
FoW
disallow
swan song
some other one that fetches a card of 2 mana

in brago*

Bezt draw power for Mono Red? Artifacts can be included.

tormenting voice and cathartic reunion can be alright. cards like chandra pyromaster, and outpost siege are decent. staff of nin, minds eye, and sandstone oracle are great as well

Wheels

Don't use outpost siege.

Exile draw is shit unless you use Top.

>Artifacts can be included.
As they should be.

>Exile draw is shit unless you use Top.
t. spoiled controlfag

Wheel of Fortune
Skullclamp
Or just cast Uba Mask so that everyone is on a level playing field and can't have hands.

Alright guys, marvel is banned in standard and Newlamog is already starting to plummet. How long do you think I should wait before snagging one to finish my Kozilek Edh deck?

only a nonred mage would say that. fuck off poser.

It's up in the air with HoD spoilers coming out. Wait until they're almost all out.

why did flash suddenly spike? i need one for sakashima

>wanting to risk exiling wraths, chaos warp, MLD, and win conditions when you don't have good targets or playing said spells immediately would do jack shit to help you out.

Exile draw is absolute cancer. Mind stone mana rocks, wheels, skullclamp, looting effects, and even clue tokens are better.

Illuminated Folio is pretty good if you're deep into red

Hulk got unbanned and flash hulk is a thing

That's entirely the wrong use of that image.

>memesplaining

Gruul unga bunga

>not an Elf

Knocks it down to B- from being a A+ card.

>not an Elf
Thank God. The last thing we need is more knife ears.

prepare anus

Is including Springleaf Drum for a Boros Voltron deck a dildos idea?
I already have boros signet, fire diamond, mox diamond/opal, sol ring, gilded lotus, and thran dynamo. I don't wanna use vault/crypt.

>Springleaf Drum

I would be hard pressed to include this. Its cheap, but tapping itself and another creature for one mana seems rough.

but look how happy he looks!

Thinking about using this as a commander for my first EDH deck, any suggestions for cards? Is this a shite idea?

What is the plan?

Raksha looks inferior to Khemba simply due to the Mana cost.

Khemba can come out much earlier, and start spawning cats so you have a boardstate before having 8 mana to cast Raksha

Don't make a Meme Catmander deck.

Yes. Mono-White is probably the worst color combo out there, since you can't even colorless ramp into your commander. If you're dedicated to that color, use Sram. If you want cats, use Khemba. If you want a Lord, there are literally dozens of other options.

Are we expecting anything of announcement day?

Who cares? Crucible of Worlds on a stick.

What's the most timmy play you've had lately?
What's the most johnny play you've had lately?
>Copying a Rite of Replecation kicked, targetting Final Iterration

>Getting infinite inf/inf servos, infinite mana and drawing the whole deck-5 with Mazirek, Ashnod's Altar, Animation Module and Harvester of Souls
>Realize I have nothing to OHKO the table in my deck

>green gets more toys
Thank goodness. I had almost thought WotC had forgotten about us!

As if Green needed more bullshit.

Thank fuck Egypt doesn't have fucking Elves

>Timmy
Novablast Wurm with Temur Ascendency out.

>Johnny
Probably playing my Mizzix storm deck and realizing 2/3rds of the way through my masturbatory turn I actually had no way to win. Was slightly awkward.

>playing 'casual' on xmage
>Guy quits to my chaos deck on turn 4 when he see's Confusion in the Ranks and Grip of Chaos
>'This isn't fun waiting 30 minutes for you to resolve a trigger'
>He concedes
>Stays in the chat after I call his deck inappropriate to the table due to his Toshiro Umezawa deck running Tutors, recursion and combo's, I mentioned it wasn't 'casual'
>stays in chat for the rest of the game asking for my definition of casual
> I repeat that it's the combination of his recursion, tutors and heavy synergy
> 'Oh so a casual deck is not allowed to have a win con?'
>'That's not the contention, I just mentioned your deck has enough consistency to fight it's variance'
>'Nuh uh, I can't deal with artifacts and Enchantments due to being mono-black'
>'Again, that's not the contention, I just think your deck is more suited to a serious table'
>calls me a dumbass etc.
>stays all the way to the end of the match to because I didn't think his deck was casual...

You're both retarded.

sounds like you both are fags

fair enough

>discord
FUCKING FAGGOT

Literally in the OP in addition to B&R announcement to try and put out the dumpster fire that is standard.

>i am the casual police
>your shitty deck isn't as shitty as my shitty deck
>that's against the casual law
>I'm gonna put you in casual jail
Fucking casuals

His deck is casual though.

Norin chaos is anything but casual and it completely ruins the game for anyone but the chaos player.

He's talking about Umezawa.

>crucible of worlds reprint
>on a fucking creature

MUH GB DIIIIIIIICK

Two of my friends in group want me to head down to GP with them, should I go or is it not worth it? its only a 2 hour drive from where I live

Go meet rudy

It's worth it. The smelly neckbeard image persists, and it's not entirely false, but you can meet some cool people there and pick up some swag.

I just hope the Dragon Tribal deck they release has more new tech. I love my Scion deck but being able to mix it up will be fun.

So I'm building a deck around Karlov and the Extort ability. Is Pontiff of Blight too expensive? I'm trying to keep things down to 3-4 CMC so I can trigger as many Extort abilities as possible and keep mana open for Karlov to deal with threats.

Saving this for future pasta.

GP Vegas? Do it. Be forewarned that traffic is going to suck more than usual, EDC is that weekend.

God I love Godo. First deck I ever built that wasn't out of pack fodder and it whupped ass. I retired it with a perfect record; nothing has quite brought the same level of absolute terror to my group like that deck did.

I might have to bring it back for the current EDH variant my group is currently obsessed with.

>Marvel banned in Standard
Fucking lol, that format is a dumpster fire

Should I run Marvel in my Slobad deck? Loads of permanents in there and Slobad is a free sac enabler. I also found a Memory Jar in my piles of cards and should probably find a space for that too

>How do we make aggro great again
Reduce starting life total from 40 to 30?

I have a (hopefully easy) rules question that I know will come up next time I play:
>I have a Mimic Vat out
>Opponent casts Saskia
>I kill it somehow, goes to yard instead of command zone
>Vat triggers, I Imprint Saskia
>Opponent puts Saskia in command zone instead of exile
Does the Imprint ability still resolve and I can get a copy of Saskia?

Not sure how running tutors in a mono black deck isn't casual. It's like playing a blue deck and not running counters/cyc rift. Just because a deck is casual doesn't mean it has to be a shit brew. Also, I'd leave too. You chaos deck faggots are literally the worst with your shit "Hurr durr so randumb" decks. There are better places on the Internet to watch a dude masturbate for half an hour.

When Saskia dies you can imprint it, Saskia doesn't even need to go to the yard.

>Seeing this right after I build New Ezuri
Guess I buy all the fetches after all

No, if they put Saskia into their command zone then your Mimic Vat basically fizzles. Nothing is imprinted on it and it cannot make a copy.

No - Imprint constantly references the exiled card. If the card isn't exiled then the Imprint does nothing.

You don't get a saskia. Mimic vat requires the imprinted card remain in exile, and since it didn't, you don't have a card imprinted on the vat.

Competitive EDH is a hell of a drug.

Which deck

Laquatus. It runs very similar to Teferi Planeswalker, except using your infinite mana to mill people out, either with Laquatus or an X draw spell like Stroke of Genius or Blue Sun's Zenith.
It's interesting - I suspect it'll be more effective in competitive playgroups as chances of running an Oldrazi go down.

List? If it's online.