youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata: January 2017
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-January-2017-2.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

>Mk3 Trollbloods Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/1tLOuOW7/file.html
>Mk3 Protectorate Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/LToez2J8/file.html
>Mk3 Circle Orboros Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/dAMPtJKy/file.html
>Mk3 Cygnar Command
www104.zippyshare.com/v/aG3otFxu/file.html
>Mk3 Legion of Everblight Command
www93.zippyshare.com/v/cJMBctzR/file.html
>Mk3 Khador Command
www92.zippyshare.com/v/JI62A5Ll/file.html
>Mk3 Cryx Command
www42.zippyshare.com/v/kAGpNygA/file.html

>Abridged Mk2 Lore
Gargantuans:
pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc

Exigence:
pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Other urls found in this thread:

discountgamesinc.com/tournaments/players/view/608
youtube.com/watch?v=3suGfhnT2Sg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Venerate the immortal Emperor

2nd for NORTHKIN SOON
HIS TIME IS NOW

Borka 1
Bearka 2
Northkin Fire Eaters
Northkin Shamans
Skaldi Bonehammer and a unit of Champions

It's odd to pick northkin as a theme. Outside of being called Northkin, there's nothing that ties these guys together, no unifying theme.

Ice, rowdiness, and a general sense of face smashing

Oh yeah, and alchohol

Its finally dead isnt it

Hey guys, I saw few painting videos for grymkin, and now I'm interested in picking up a few warmahordes minis to paint. Is the online store difficult for anyone else to figure out or just me? For example I really like the Blackhide Wrastler model, but can't find it on the store besides individual bits. Does Warmahordes not do complete box sets, or am I just confused?

PP doesn't sell things directly through their store (with a few exceptions)

How did the official forum react to the grymkin?

Pretty much a resounding: "...Ok?"

Some liked, some loved, most just went 'well 2 months of no releases for my faction I guess"

People either liked the look or hated it. Nobody thought the faction needed to exist. Nobody is planning on buying it.

I know a few people who want to buy it. Some people like the idea of limited factions. None of the release bloat plagueing the game now.

Limited factions are kind of nice. The lack of bloat is cool.

>pours a 40 out for the Revelator

Someday Brotectrate will get a colossal.

Seems dead in my area (Charlotte, NC)

Hey guys, new Menoth player and I have a question about tactics:

How the hell do I use Daughters of the Flame? They always get torn to pieces before they have a chance to do any actual work.
Should I just not advanced deploy them? Are they just a good distraction/screen and that's about it? What do I do here?

We have one but it's not that super

Sadly, I think it's about there.

First wave distraction to draw attention and tie dudes up early

Acrobatics fodder for Feora3's feat - have fun setting a dozen dudes on fire if your opponent doesn't break ranks

Spam with theme force for Ambush and a pile of free shit

8th edition has killed all the interest in Warmachine in my area.

I admit I don't understand the interest in 8th edition. Doesn't seem that interesting to me...

just won on time vs ghost fleet but holy shit that was a rough game. i played lylyth2 with scouts, 2 ravagores and the rest of lylyth support but i'm honestly thinking about swapping in achers instead of scouts

feedback?

After the continuous bullshit GW kept adding and refusing to fix during 6th and 7th, people are treating 8th's semi-reboot of the ruleset as a glorious second coming.

Nevermind the fact that any vestigial semblance of complex gameplay has been gutted after AoS, the open beta test for 8th, proved that people would go nuts for the "casual system with four pages of rules" gimmick.

Same. It's one of their better rulesets and they've always had the fluff anyways, so not hard to see why it's exciting for most.

Plus PPs fuck ups, so that's what you get.

Naw, it's probably just that so much of Warmachine's playerbase came out of 40K that "baby, I've changed" will suck the oxygen for at least a bit.

>I sure as hell kept my armies
>not liking terrain rules at all though

I wonder how long before people become disillusioned with 8th?

Yeah, I've got 4 playable Warmachine armies, and 5 playable 40k armies, and was briefly hyped over 8ed 40k. Then the more stuff that leaked, the less interested I got with how dumbed-down the already dumbed-down system is.

I kind of like Warmachine-Hordes because it isn't 40k.

It's something different and it's nice to have a change of pace or more than one thing to play.

Plus the lore in WarmaHordes always did excite me more than that of Warhammer Fantasy.

What's with this tribalism over games stuff?
40k and Warmahordes are different enough that playing both isn't some sort of double dipping.

War games are a hefty investment of time, money, and (sometimes) effort. Makes sense that two of the biggest would trigger the loudest tribal chest-thumping over the worthiness of investing said resources.

Also 40K is a babby shit casual game, get on my level you dumb sheep

RESET THE CLOCK.

It's less shit than 7th.

Well how did the game go? What was your plan? Could you reliably threaten assassination to pprevent Denny from destroying your entire list?

That's not saying much. Played 3rd-6th edition of 40k, and 7th I just looked at and said "nope".

it went well used the ravagores to keeo the riflemen back and ran the scouts to 14.5 so they couldnt aim/ get them all. next turn ran scouts with mirage to engage and killed croe with a ravagore. he didnt feat which i suspect cost him the game. apparitioned all of the scouts out of melee and popped feat.killed basically everything except the one grunt in each unit he kept back but barely scratched the wraith engine.

he then took out my naga, missed a scourge, and clocked but if he had infinite time, i would have lost since i couldnt deal with the wraith engine

8th looks playable. Some say it's dumbed-down, but that's not true. It just has less rules. The game itself was never especially tactical and I don't think it lost a lot of that in the transition. That said, I don't see it drawing away the WMH player base for long. Maybe for a curious or nostalgic dip, but that's it.

That is interesting. I think it would get way worse for you with proper clock management on your opponent's part. If you can't get rid of Revenants permanently, they become an issue sooner or later. The Wraith Engine is usually a lesser concern in comparison.

>not 3rd
>not 4th
>not 5th
>"looks playable"

I have no idea what you are trying to say there. Point is that 8th looks like the first edition of 40k that knows what it's trying to do: Provide a simple framework for B+B games.

8th looks like a piece of shit user. Welcome to Age of Shitmar 2.

Well so are 4th-7th, but at least the piece of shit is not playable. By the way, this is the point where you tell me that 2nd and 3rd were totally masterpieces that everyone else is just too young to cherish.

Okay, I played against Circle with an accidental handicap (forgot to put a heavy on the table that was in my list) and still stomped.

Poor circle. They really suffer when not playing broken warlocks.

>Nobody is planning on buying it.
Well that's just not true

I think Soles is getting them for free.

We were crutching hard on wurmwood/sentry stones. After the nerf we're still trying to find ourselves. Give it time, when we get a living warbeast theme we'll be back in the running for top3

Don't forget the 2000 or so people in the Grymkin group

Uhhh....Me?

Its most expensive model will be the Old Witch who I could also use in my Khador.

I have wanted to branch out into hordes without spending too much money. As a limited release faction, they would be perfect for me.

>theme makes you take pure satyr/gorax list

That could honestly be pretty good with Kaya3.

If they ever made Rasheth into an ancestral guardian, do you think the extollers would have the balls to make his statue fat?

There' no chance in hell he'd ever get exhalted.

2nd was, 3rd was the beginning of the end.

Even better: he comes back to life Mordikaar-style, thus invalidating the entire skorne way of life.

>Great now we'll never get rid of the fat fuck

Even better, make him come back as a gluttonous ghost that looks like Jabba the Hutt.

So on a Skorne note, every single Skorne pairing right now must contain either Hexeris1, Hexeris2, or Zaal2 right?

I've heard some players say that Rasheth can also take the matchup. But it isn't pretty.

From experience, he absolutely cannot. It relies on too many things going right for you.

Cygnar players are some of the most miserably entitled in the entire fucking game.

A battle report pops up detailing how the stormlances are balls insane even against hard counters.

Cygnar replies that the hard counters are overpowered.

I find that Cryx players are getting there slowly but surely as they actually still believe that Ghost Fleet is a fair and balanced list that doesn't require you to skew into it to beat it.

You mean they are getting there AGAIN?

Remember when they were crying about how their faction is ded?

I'm pretty sure that their theme list would be good even if it wasn't a theme list. Take the free stuff and bonuses out and I'd still struggle to beat it.

B-but user, my banez suck now. The faction must be trash. :'(

I struggle to beat any of the Dennys honestly. Denny1 is amazing against everything, Denny2 isn't as good against ARM but still does fine while annihilating infantry, and Denny3 hits my entire board with Mortality then laughs my list off the table. A caster like that shouldn't be able to use arc nodes. Make Nightmare's bond into a Denny arc node and give all 3 of them a rule saying that can't use non-Nightmare arc nodes.

Honestly the only real problem is Denny1. make her feat last a turn and she's fixed.

>Cygnar players are some of the most miserably entitled in the entire fucking game.

They have nothing on the "my faction is no longer objectively the best, that means the entire edition is broken" of Cryx players.

I almost couldn't believe it when they were trying to claim that Cryx was almost as bad as pre-errata Skorne.

It amazes me that Denny 1 isn't (and wasn't) in every Cryx pairing...ever. She's possibly the best Warcaster in the game and gets shrugged at by most Cryx players I know.

She's only in almost every Cryx pairing ever.

More that the meta chose to reward the skornies that did.

If this forces people to give the hexys a fair hearing, well, *good*.

You have a short memory user.

Before someone actually tried Ghost Fleet it was usually Coven + Random Cryx. Check Discount Games if you don't believe that...before Ghost Fleet gained popularity.

"Buh But Banez where NEVER spammed! Its a Myth I tells Ya!"

discountgamesinc.com/tournaments/players/view/608

That's a very small portion of the meta and very America-centric. But Denny did suffer a temporary dip in popularity at the beginning of Mk3.

>don't call it a comeback! i've been here for years!
>....quiet, you

ret pdf yet?

Who's your favorite Warnoun /wmg/?
I like Ragnor a lot, his feat is really damn good.
>had a bouncer be charged by a full unit of stormblades+firefly and survive

I think 8th looks pretty interesting and it's encouraging they are listening to player feedback. GW is starting to turn itself around and I applaud that.

Ossrum. I just love the idea behind him, fluffwise, and that he seems more like a leader than an uber-powerful warrior, unlike most warnouns.

Thats why I love Irusk.

Inhospitable ground isn't actually magic. It just represents that every battle happens in a place that's maximum advantageous to him.

His feat also isn't magic. He's just so fucking awesome.

Like these threads user, the game will only die if you let it die. I got a few friends into the game during Mk2 and I'll be damned if I stop playing because the internet community is sad. Maybe I'll start a game night at my flgs if I get the motivation for it.

said, it's basically a form of self validation for a huge investment. Wargamers are insecure enough as it is, they need to feel like their the biggest kids in the playground the only way they know how: by saying their game is better than others.

5th was the only good edition of 40k.

Sure, it all but required metal boxes, and turned cancerous near the end, but it wasn't just dumb like most of the other editions.

I'm biased, though, because I love mechanized infantry, and I had to check out 8th to see if it did that well, but nope, it's still shit,
so I stick with WMH.

Scratch, Scratch - Who's that Ratch?

I welcome the non-dominance of vehicles in 8th. Cityfight 40k is the God Tier of war gaming.

Man Shes Awesome.

Where the FUCK is Ret Command, Veeky Forums?

Where it belongs...
Cutting itself in the woods

It was Caine for a very short period of time.

And then Nemo came out, and I've never for a moment since got tired of telling the other player to get off my lawn.

>feels bad man

Call me a hag? Put the kid in the bag!

>tfw arc node
>tfw casters with freezing grip
>tfw casters with frost hammer and hexblast
>tfw none of those is allowed to use me

alternatively:
>tfw 18 WJP

5th was ok. 2nd seemed the best but could be rose colored glasses

When Kirby was aggressively running the shop, it turned to shit. Glad to see he's gone and things are turning around

5th let me run "combined arms" (read: mishmash of cool stuff), which is something I can still sort of do in WarmaHordes. I just hope that the "spam one kind of thing, get free shit" trend in Mk3 turns itself around before we see a repeat of 40k's formation cancer from 6th/7th edition.

Storm Lances: After quite a long and heated Dev Talk we decided to bring the Storm Lances down a more “Armor Cracking” role. Removing Electro-Leap from their weapons combined with the changes to Katherine Laddermore should reduce their effectiveness at range, especially when targeting infantry units. Increasing the POW of their lances helps push them into the high-damage direction we would like to see them go.
Remove the Electro Leap special rule from the Electro Bolt weapon.
Lance melee weapon becomes POW 8.

STORM LANCES HAVE BEEN NERFED AT LAST
HALLELUJAH
youtube.com/watch?v=3suGfhnT2Sg

Too me, this seems to be a good decision. Makes spamming them way less interesting.

SHOTS FIRED

But without +2/+2 and without ELeap.