Are orks good again?

Are orks good again?

No.

No.

Orks were never good.

We don't have to be good, we just have to be bad together.

Orks are the biggest and the strongest.

We're at least less bad, if not less poorly written.

Yes, don't listen to these faggots. Orks are incredibly good now. At MINIMUM they're in the top 5.

ORKS IS ALWAYS GREAT YA GROT.

I don't see anything all that good, maybe kans and boyz mobs that are easily screened out.

Boys are the only good unit, but they're REALLY good!

Orks will only be good when they notice that its more fun krumpin' daemons and decide to siege the eye of terror to shitstomp some BDSM enthusiasts, preferrably under the command of an escaped Tuska Daemon-Killa

In 2nd orks were quite good.

Bigot

>escaped Tuska Daemon-Killa
>implying Khorne won't strike a deal with Gork n' Mork/let Tuska go just so he can terrorize everything that is Slaanesh

Let's be honest, this is the war god who effectively bludgeoned Slaanesh into a pulp using another god as a club (Khaine) until the god-club shattered. Teaming up with the greenskin gods just to screw over Slaanesh is totally something Khorne would do.

What exactly makes them bad in the new edition?

I didn't say we were bad, just poorly written. Which is to say GW forgot a bunch of units/loadout options, has made the same wargear work differently in different places or be named differently in different places, and so forth. It seems to be endemic to 8th though.

In the absence of an updated army builder to post... plz rate this draft 2000pt list for 8th.

>Big Mek on bike giving battlewagon full of choppa boyz and bikers 5++
>Two foot blobs with KFF and Waaagh Banner for support
>Warboss can zoom around as needed for the charge aura
>bommer just because, I have the model and I like the boom bombs

I really like the dakkajet now so could interchange with the bommer maybe. I have over 25 Mek/big gunz but they are just too expensive to fit in 2000pts when you're aiming for numbers.

I wouldn't say 'good' but they at least seem o attain 'decent' in 8ed, whichis probably as good as they'll ever get...

Looks like enough to fuck up some nids

Can't wait to dust off my 80 boyz to be honest.

the armor and weapons are way to clean

People seem to be convinced this is infantry-horde edition, and so green-tide may-well be viable again, since strictly speaking, there is no longer anything that enough shoota-boyz won't take down.

orks in 8th aren't bad, but also aren't good.
You need to minimaize the deployment to have a chance to go first, otherwise you opponent will blow away your most valuable units.
We lack options to deal with some type of units, we have the tankbusta to shoot vehicles but they aren't so effective vs monster ('nids are strong this edition). Some armies like DE or harlies have fly transports that have invunerability and give you a malus if you shoot them so they are particulary difficult to take down. Another problem is the lack of mobility (a part from stromboyz and deffkopta) versus some other armies like necron and DE that have a lot of "fly" units. They can hide on the top level of a ruin and you can't reach them with bikes or trukks, and when you came near them they can just fly away. Also every fly vehicle can fall back and then shoot you.

>orks in 8th aren't bad, but also aren't good

I'll take it.

I played a 100 PL game against my friends necrons, and I won pretty convincingly. The army feels so much better to play, boyz feel like deadly infantry instead of punchlines, and the army works together alot smoother in general. so keen lads

Gretchin now have an armour save, so that's cool.

Only just noticed that! Noice. On the other hand, who the fuck is taking runtherds now??

They slightly mitigate losses whilst taking up a whole elite slot. I am conflicted. Maybe if I were to take a large mob and make use the fact you can take 3 for a single slot, but for the 10-man backfield objective squatters it doesn't seem like a worthwhile investment.

>Elf constantly pesters an orc so she can get his BIG GREEN DANGALANG
>Turns out the orc is not only borderline asexual, but is also below average in size
What happens next?

Since trukks and battlewagons move at the same speed, is there any reason to take a trukk asides working with a budget?

Yet another edition where meks can't take big shootas even though the burna kit comes with a big shoota and rokkit launcha. They can't even take kustom shootas what is this nonsense?

Don't even remind me about the rokkit launcha in that kit. You don't even get a fucking left arm that goes with it. What the fuck were they thinking?

The meks can't take burnas despite the classic mek model coming with one, and warbosses can't take cybork body despite the only plastic warboss made coming with it.

I'm just surprised they managed to make 'ard boyz worse than before. Pic related.

But at least they invented an entirely new weapon for that one tankbusta with rokkit pistols. Thank christ they spotted that glaring inconsistency.

Rokkit Pistols are cool. Now they just need to let meks take them along with the dozen other weapons they should but don't have access to.