Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/, Pathfinder, and Starfinder)

How murderous are your characters?

Link repository; point out problems if found: ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1WHL10oJslOkQlm8cgm2rXm88BQPzgNjQq3fAhUMg7b8/edit
pastebin.com/Y7JhzfYA
app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4442382/
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3/?pageforid=5152402#post-5152402
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Posting one more time.

Has anyone played any of DHB's races?

>docs.google.com/document/d/1WHL10oJslOkQlm8cgm2rXm88BQPzgNjQq3fAhUMg7b8/edit

Are they any good?

I want a hug.

>How murderous are your characters?
Mine's only murderous when there's lives on the line, but if you threaten people she'll hunt you down and feed you to dogs.

>How murderous are your characters?
Hardcore slaver. He is FAAAAR more willing to capture and sell off people than kill them. He is actually pretty squeamish for actual death.

Which non-meme apps for Ensoulment do you like, /pgg/?

Trick question, if you liked them you'd be talking about them.

Reminder that only meme apps will make it into Ensoulment.

If people aren't talking about your character, it's hopeless.

FS/N catholics are pretty different from real world catholics.

>Which non-meme apps for Ensoulment do you like, /pgg/?
Eleanor. The concept of heroism through a show instead of through actions sounds fun.

And I want to win the lottery.

As a rule I never discuss characters unless someone else brings them up first. I hate getting memed personally and I don't know which anons feel similarly.

y-yeah.

They aren't murderous. Murder is a crime and crime is for Drow

Speaking of meme apps. Everyone talks about them from the character perspective.

What do the meme apps look like mechanically?

They're usually pretty solid. Oftentimes kind of generic.

DHB has calmed down on his hyper optimization after the general bullied him about it.

Aurelia is horrifyingly good at diplomancery and blasts shit

C3 is a striaght up wizard

Rinta is a battlefield controller

there, meme apps explained

DHB is sitting at level 3 with a +24 to intimidate.

Bulltshit.

If I win the lottery I will fly to where you live and give you a hug.

Yeah and I think Aurelia is like +17 on diplo and gets rerolls, not even hard optimized but scary high ability.

Say I'm playing a half-drow.
I'm guessing a Cloak of Human Guise is something that is necessary to wear so I'm not lynched on sight?

Here, I've updated the list based on feedback from the last thread.

>Good PrCs
Bloatmage
Brewkeeper
Daivrat
Dawnflower Dissident
Magaambyan Arcanist
Pathfinder Savant
Veiled Illusionist

>Functional PrCs
Evangelist
Hell Knight Signifier

>Build Specific
Agent of the Grave
Champion of Irori
Diabolist
Divine Scion
Eldritch Knight
Exalted
Living Monolith
Mage of the Third Eye
Winter Witch

Vandread.

No, you could even walk around as a Drow and most people wouldn't give a shit. The Elves have kept the Drow as their dirty little secret, and Drow surface raids are so efficient they leave no survivors.

All a man will see when they look at a half-Drow is an exotic, silver-haired half-Elf.

pastebin.com/Y7JhzfYA

Well, I guess that frees up 900gp for me

Also, any other suggestions on how to improve the list? Maybe explanations of their features would help.

user, you tease!

It even offers you free backstory; Drow and half-Drow tend to be safe from persecution, but eventually the Winter Council (the Elven secret organization that keeps the Drow thing under wraps) will find out where you live, and they will send someone to dispose of you.

It might take years, decades even, but if you're in a halfway commuted part of Avistan they'll find out.

Here's a hug user. Faggot.

Friendly reminder that this was Vult's app to Fluffy Tails 2.

app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4442382/

>app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4442382/
>Previous History I've heavily played 5e, and played pathfinder, 3.5, 4e, CoC, CoC, ASoIaF, Dark Heresy, Exalted, LoZ RPG and maybe some others I'm forgetting. Typically I DM, though I prefer being a player as long as it isn't a combat slog. I'm a writer, so I'm generally in this for the roleplay. (Yes I'm on f-list, pm me if you want to see my profile)

>I'm a writer

PAST
TENSE

OVERLEWD
GREENTEXT
WHEN

Kinky.

Honestly, that doesn't seem too bad. The more I actually see of this Vult, the more I have to assume he's an okay guy, just with really poor impulse control and a tendency to get drawn into arguments.

It's degenerate filth, but it's alright? Like a weird weaker sex version of a Chirurgeon/Wasteland Blighter?

>Winter Council sends a hitman
>While I'm busy trying to slay demons in a Worldwound
>As an official Emissary of Molthune
Can someone say international incident?

I have the opposite time. I actually defended him quite a bit when PLD opened but the more I learn about him the more I'm convinced he's a thin-skinned scumbag.

Would your character allow themselves to be castrated as collateral for a hefty loan? Assume paying up means you get your bits back.

>tfw fear getting popular and becoming known as a scumbag for something
>tfw you're a nobody
I hope I can keep it this way.

What the fuck is this stupid shit? No. Fuck off.

That's fucking retarded. No. For what fucking reason would they choose something as worthless as my junk as collateral?

Fuck that, I'm going back to the fey. At least they only charge you your voice or your memories or something.

Shit, even a pit fiend would only make you put up your reflection if you could bargain him down.

How likely is it for me to get fucked over by things getting under the reach of a polearm? Is it not enough to actually worry about it?

I mean you can always step back but they might have step up or even worse step up and strike which will fuck you dead.

There's ways to mitigate

A better question: is she a kit, a squid, or both?

user, writers write in past tense. ERPer trash who don't know nothin' write in present tense because they don't understand that later, when they come back and read the damn thing, it should be in past tense because it's a goddamn story.

At this point it'd probably take up like four to seven posts, so it's probably going to be just chucked in a pastebin to keep from eating up the thread.

But ERP is done in the present, so it should be written in present tense!

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3/?pageforid=5152402#post-5152402 (This is PLD)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9

You're pretty much dead on. He just needs a little coaching sometimes, and he's fine.

And honestly, we all have those moments.

Non-meme-dream-team

Mazdak, Niccolo, Jarlin, Varius, Rae, Illaria.

Only real problem I see with this team is that all of them except Illaria and maybe Varius are very internally contemplative, they don't have loud personalities, which means the campaign may drag at points when there is nothing obvious and dramatic to engage them. This is also probably why they arent memes, aside from Rae and Illaria who may just be too new to have caught their memestride without celebrity names.

All writing is done in the present! That's how writing works! You don't have some fucking chronopen that reaches back into the past and writes shit down.

But it's a damn story. Stories are in the past tense. DIALOGUE within the story will obviously be present tense between characters that, at those moments in time, are presently interacting with one another, but everything else should logically be past tense.

This isn't directed at Vult, but in general I've always hated the attitude of "they're fine if they get help".

I like to be around people who don't need leashes to act smart. It always feels like an excuse to me when someone at their worst is defended because of their best.

>really poor impulse control
>argumentative
Those are pretty much the hallmarks of being an asshole. You can be as sweet as pie any other time, but if you can't take criticism and you act on your first impulse, you end up doing really stupid shit.

At best, he's Rory with slightly more illusions about not being a degenerate. At worst, he's just some asshole who can pretend he's people until someone tells him "no."

Eat the thread, Sleep. It's small enough, bite sized, really.

Elven pride is more important than the safety of Golarion.

Example: 2hu

Everyone needs a leash. We all have a slumbering Beast within that hungers and lusts for whatever horrid things it craves.

Most people hold the leash themselves, and they get by just fine. They keep the Beast bound, keep it chained up inside, and go about their business.

I guess that explains why Treerazer is still a problem

>Vult is literally the girl who plasters "If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best" all over his Facebook wall

Use armor spikes to threaten squares close (or a dwarven boulder helmet) and the polearm for the reaching.

Whatever, Banner. Go back to porking Agent Romanov.

yeah im a fan of being leashed

You really need to put some asterisks on those statements, because user is fucking awful human beings and normal people either leave it tell them off

What about if I'm someone like an Inquisitor?

Normally, not very murderous at all and will usually show mercy to any enemy that genuinely asks for it (and he's got the sense motive to check that "genuinely" part).

But will'o'wisps? Nah. Borderline genocidal.

JttW closes in two days. Who do you think is getting in?

I'll put some asterisks on my statements if you check your posts for spelling and grammar, alright?

>JttW closes in two days.
>Saturday June 24 11:55PM EDT (1 week from now)

I think user is alright people and the majority of shitposting is done by a minority.

Smart autocorrect is not very smart

>Character A understands that there are some things you just have to slay, but while he views things like goblins the same as he would a nest of rats, he still wants to drag cultists and murderers off to be tried and hanged.

>Character B just beats people until they surrender, unless they're fiends or officially devoted to fiends, like clerics or cultists.

>Character C tries to pretend he doesn't enjoy mortal peril and life-and-death struggles, but it's way, way too easy for him to lose himself when he's in a fight. Off the field, he considers the death of evil creatures necessary for good to thrive, which is part of why he's still not Good-aligned.

And the number of people Vult has argued with us a small minority, what's your point?

Fox tits of course

is DHB an asshole?

Explains why they threw a hissy fit and stopped answering everyone's calls when they suddenly forgot everything and couldn't lord their centuries-plus memories over every other species.

I'm going to stop phone posting now

Is there a rational as to why these are "good" or "functional" prestige classes?

Huh, it got extended when I wasn't looking. Neat.

You just scared the absolute fuck out of me, user
Don't play games like that

Hi sleep

Fluffy Tails has easily the worst app I've ever seen on a Roll20 game and that's saying something.

it's been like that for a long time now, user

Generally speaking, they synergize well with base classes, they don't require your character to pull in too many directions, they give you good returns on your prerequisite and level investments, and they aren't too situational.

Murder is against the law.

I was defending user, not attacking Vult.

He has argued with some cute people tho

Mostly he comes off as an impulsive jackass

Sleep, you need to throw in a fictional character in these lists so that there aren't three of them, and then order them differently. Otherwise we'll always know.

Did you actually want to do "The Demon Within Her?"

What's the problem with knowing who they are?
But maybe I'll throw in some who didn't make it, like Ulfric or Keldor.

And I'm leaving whether *that* happens to the theoretical person who suggested it. Surely they know where to find me.

DHB is handsome and charming and an excellent baker and homebrewer!

Based off of memes alone, DHB is the least likely fag to be an asshole.

Could you elaborate please. Like, give me an example using one of those classes.

I want to marry DHB!

Nigga u high?

aaaaaaa he's mine!

DHB mostly just seems to be sad and tired.

But he's also running a game for some of the cutest people in this general and gets along fine with them

No, He's just not too well aware of situations.

you can still slap spikes on whatever armor you're wearing. Even if it is quilted cloth, an armored kilt, or a belly warmer. As a base inquisitor though, you wouldn't be proficient is all, probably similar for the boulder helm.