Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

previous
>Daily Dancan
youtube.com/watch?v=gYeAscy46HA
>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-ynnari/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/white-dwarf-preview/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Please keep the roster builder in the OP you fucking morons:
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

Orks

Shootas or Slugga boys?

Also how do you guys feel about taking cheap ww2 model planes and tanks and making them orky?

Also how do you recommend outfitting deff dread?

120 sluggas, 60 grots.

How viable is daemonic summoning? I've been hashing it out, and it seems like a good way to deliver some of the slower units to the battlefield. How many points should one reserve?

Someone is getting a little brother

Whatre you guys working on?

Good for horrors which have a lot of their cost baked into their splitting but that's not reflected in their power level for summoning.

Sluggas. Stop mucking about. Converted tanks, trains, and toy cars are what being an Ork player is all about.

>Buy one Trukk kit, and three toy cars/trucks.
>Hit toy cars with hammer
>Assemble four Ork Trukks

Also: Deff Dred should always have a ranged option, either two Burnas or two Rokkits.

I don't think it is horrible, most of how much you want to reserve depends on how durable you feel your summoners are.

Oh, you're the Rat Fink guy from /wip/! So stoked to see your dude coming along. I'm not working on anything myself since I just worked ten hours but once my weekend rolls around I'm gonna get back to chewing at my backlog.

I'm choosing characters with wounds less than 10 for this. I just don't know how good most armies are at sniping right now.

Building Wave Serpents at current, need a total of 4 so just chipping away at them.

How do you think Necrons are going to fiar in 8th?

What's the optimum loadout for Chaos termies now? I got some cheap already assembled ones, but I have spare arms from my last lot.

Take cultist hordes backed up by Abaddon instead.

If you had to choose between Grey Knights and World Eaters, which would you pick?

Tyranids

>20-man Warrior block
>Cryptek hiding in blob, Ghost Ark trailing behind
Enjoy 75% of your dead just standing back up every turn.

Grey Knights, cuz they're models are newer.

If that wasn't a factor, World Eaters.

>Tesla Immortals with an Overlord hiding behind a wall of Shieldguard
>Mobile gunwall with nightmare-fuel firepower

#
>not playing with points in narrative play.

Do you want shitty games

World Eaters, Grey Knights are mary sue trash

Dies to conscripts.

What doesn't die to Conscripts though, user?

Titans.
And digganobz.

Does the new primaris stuff have lore and color schemes for ultima founding chapters? I really want to see some new imperial fists successors.

I need to paint a ton of models but I'm complete shit at painting.

So I have this idea. I've got two squads of Slaanesh termies, a cheaper squad painted silver and the more expensive elite squad painted gold.
I'm going to keep them all gold with red eye lens, and pink shoulders but then I'm going going to go crazy either patters over them like old school noise marines.

Black and white stripes, orange on black crosses, blue and red polka dots that sort of thing.
Ironicly bad, artistically pretending to be retarded visually.

Substitute that Cryptek for Szeras for even more fun.

World Eaters are basically guaranteed to be getting a daemon primarch and new models in the future, so I'd go with them if you want to get a jump on it.

Combi weapons and power axes look potent.
If you give them combi flamers you can fire both every turn and dakka burny things.

Imperium armies are pretty good at sniping. Any character who can't tank a dozen bolter-equivalent hits and a couple of mortal wounds had better be very cheap or able to do their job from out of LoS.

Im working on my WE right now and man i hate waiting for new Berzerkers. I just want to build and buy more.

I made a thing

Is this enough infantry Veeky Forums??

Check the Sniper stats in the damage calcs doc.

50 more men, and you need priests and commisars.

I can see the table. So no.

>want to make my own berzerkers from CSM bodies and some head/weapon swaps
>know that I should just wait for the new sculpts instead but the wait is killing me inside

Fewer than 666 conscripts.

But the -2 AP from Gauss has it's place right? Basically denying cover and then some, or taking a 2+ to a 4+ has to be worth something

trying to set up a good recipe for flesh tearers armor in preperation for dark imperium, so far im trying to use a lot of duncans tips, does anyone have that one ms-paint fillable primaris chapter colour scheme picture, like pic related but actually easily fillable in ms-paint

I dunno, they're both cool, but I think I'd go with Grey Knights because Psychic Paladins in Spess Fightan teh Daemons is cool.

Actually, tesla immortals with "my will be done" and that one spotter unit the necrons have, deal on average 15.55 wounds per shooting phase to conscripts, and only takes 3.70 wounds per turn from a full conscript blob. With a ghost arc and a cryptek, I'm not sure the conscripts can actually kill the immortals.

Yup! Only really need one commissar though.
On the topic of Commissars, is Yarrick worth taking solely for his 6" bubble of re-roll 1s for plasma nastiness?

hehe, jeez. thats 170 men, not including 4 commissars, the commanders and 2 priests (not shown)

Just download GIMP. Don't use MS paint. The fuck's wrong with you.

How do raider heavy lists fare for DE? Can't stand venoms.

I'm pretty sure that there's are damage calcs for that in the link in the OP. IIRC, Gauss>Tesla as long as you can close to RF range.

But they're not doing anything else now are they?
They're dead as a unit because you need them to spend turn after turn gunning down children.

Why have they made the demolisher cannon so shit?

Axe / Combi-Plasma as standard. Other power weapons aren't bad. Probably want to go with a fist on the champion. Heavy flamer is OK, but not compulsory, reaper autocannon sucks due to heavy weapon penalty and only doing 1 damage.

It isn't out yet, but almost certainly yes. I think pretty much every book they have done since they moved to all-colour has had a whole load of colour schemes.

They're clearing an objective actually.

So is the next step in 'memescript' defense? Oh you've found something that's reasonably effective against this? Doesn't matter because you still have to shoot at me to do any wounds. The only thing that counters memescripts is a unit that can kill them without engaging them.

D3 hits, right?
So it's basically small blast?

Why are they always so smug?

An objective you'll never claim.

The more you summon instead of field, the more likely you are to decide who's got first turn.

For a Daemon player, a round of shooting avoided is a big deal.

is there a rough power level to points conversion out there?

It really amazes me that GW managed to fuck up Chaos Icons again.
>Khorne - amazing on any close combat unit, well worth its points
>Nurgle - decidedly okay, helps in close range and combat which is where you want to be
>Slaanesh - wtf? Why does Slaanesh care more about taking down the Imperium now? Why is this not the Undivided one?
>Tzeentch - utter trash, again
>Undivided - useful on big blobs of Marines, otherwise mediocre.

>7 weirdboyz
Am I back in Fantasy with more than 2 hq choices?

megaknob sounds like a mega knob sucker.

>not taking the supreme command detachment.

>Repostan because I didn't notice thread migration
Supposedly the difference is in the "+".
If something says, "A roll of 6+," they mean a roll after modifications.
If something says, "A roll of 6," they mean strictly if the dice turn out a 6.

Judging by that, exploding 6's can't explode if you have a -1, yes.
But it is also true that Plasma doesn't Overheat on a 2 if you have that same -1.

I don't know if that's actually completely true, but that's the way it's been explained before.

It's so expensive and doesn't really do the job it used to before.

Now it's kind of an anti-tank weapon which I guess it could have been before but it was always more of an anti-elite infantry gun before.

He's right though - he didn't ask if someone would play the army, he asked for feedback on the effectiveness of the armies. No one gives a shit if some guy on the internet won't play you.

1PL == 20 Points

???
How much has the game changed since 2008?

Is the math behind this written down somewhere?

Currently at work, but I'm mulling over the fact that there is no dark blue spray. Pic related is Krylon, and I like the color. However, it's satin and likely something I shouldn't be using (I sprayed on 2 test models I don't particularly care about).

Why does no one make a dark blue rattle can?

Best space marine heavy weapon?

The guy that wrote the Icon of Excess should get fired

I've rarely seen such incompetence even in GW

It literally took 20 second to fix it:
"If a unit has an Icon of Excess, it's Death to the False Emperor ability apply to all enemies, not only IMPERIUM unit. Against IMPERIUM unit it instead generate extra attacks on hit rolls of 5+"

Grav and Melta in drop pods, lascannons when footslogging, not sure where missile launcher fits but they seem to be budget lascannons.

> Implying this wasn't done on purpose as we get the soft squat of Slaanesh.

As a Slaanesh fan, I'm used to getting shitty half baked rules. The rest of the index is good enough that I can overlook the shitty icon, though it still stings whenever I notice it.

lol what a fag

You can take some samples yourself. Find a unit without many upgrades, then compare its Power Level and Point Costs. The more upgrades a unit has, the more wonky Power Level gets, as PL (I think) assumes that you're taking about half of the offered upgrades.

That is the way I would understand it. They do need to define what they mean by 'roll'. most of the time. generally,. roll does seem to mean, by context, that it means the unmodified roll. For instance rerolls are always chosen before modifiers, according to the BRB side-bar text.

So I take any mention of "roll" to mean the dice itself. But if you follow that logic, any "roll of 6+" makes no sense, as its the same as "roll of 6" in function.
So clearly they do intend some, or all, "roll of" mechanics to use modifiers. It's quite inconsistent, to say the least. However, the most likely result is how you put it.

Lascannons and Missile Launchers both cost 25 points. The only advantage is that a ML can fire a frag but that just seems like a waste to me.

Never played Imperium before. Was gifted a fuckload of unpainted Sisters of Battle, 2 Immolators, Celestine (plastic), 10 Seraphim, Cannoness's and Veridyan, Repentia, etc. Basically the works. What do?

Also gifted new Gulliman model and two sets of the Primaris half of Dark Imperium. Again, what do?

Hey megaknobsucker, you're a moron.

WOuld need to know how many special/heavy weapon models and bolter gals.

Not really. It's just pretty obvious when you look at units with zero options.

Apparently the way they work out the points for units which do have options is to take the average of the most expensive possible build and the cheapest possible build. This can lead to some pretty retarded shit, like the power level of lootas including the option to add three killsaws into the unit.

Throw it all in the bin?

>dakkadakka

yep, cancer

1x Saint Celestine Metal

1x Saint Celestine Reborn with 2x Geminae Superior

1x Canoness Veridyan

1x Canoness - Pistol/Book

1x Canoness

1x Inquisitor Lord with Full Retinue

1x Inquisitor

2x Priests

6x Seraphim - Dual Boltpistol

2x Seraphim - Dual Handflamer/Inferno Pistol

1x Seraphim Superior - Boltpistol/Powersword

9x Sisters Repentia

1x Sister Repentia Superior

6x Arcoflagellants

1x Banner Bearer

1x Cross Bearer

2x Imagifier

10x Dominions - no weapons modeled

10x Retributers - no weapons modeled

36x Battle Sister - Bolter

5x Battle Sister - Stormbolter

1x Battle Sister - Melta

1x Battle Sister - Heavy Bolter

1x Battle Sister - Heavy Flamer

7x Battle Sister - Flamer

3x Sister Superior - Bolter/Powersword

2x Sister Superior - Plasma/Chainsword

2x Immolator

1x Exorcist Bits to make Exorcist

5x Immolator Bits to make Immolators

3x Penitent Engines

2x Repressor bits to make Repressors

Trying to figure out a good loadout for CSM as well. As they can now take 2 heavy weapons per normal CSM squad rather than just 1/1 or 2 specials, and havocs can take 4 specials instead of heavy, I'm trying to figure out a good way to split around my weapon needs.
Want at least a few lascannons just to deal with potential vehicle/monster heavy lists at range.
Lascannons in troop squads and cheaper weapons on havocs to split target priority for the enemy, or lascannon havocs?

>gifted apx $1000 worth of models

As a sisters player of 10 years, I'm jealous

How many wounds can mortars do to a conscript blob? A friend of mine is saying they can wipe them out easily

I was thinking 2 squads of 2 Lascannon and 2 Autocannon, and then 2 squads of 2 AC 2 ML, personally.

CSM could take two heavies before, too. What are you talking about, user?

About a million companies do.
Spray paint is an enormously diverse product.
>Go to an art shop. Pay equivalent to gw prices.
>But get quality paint for a change.

Pretty sure I've seen a nice darker blue. Was one of those companies that does for flames of war etc. so the paint will be named something suitably military related.
Or go buy automotive colours. There's a billion of them.
>get a nice candy metallic blue with harlequin effects

For Havoks of course.

For normal squads, I was doing plasma combi plasma with bolters.

I use the word gifted loosely, as this person has owed me 200 bucks for a long ass time, and just gave these to me and we'd call it even. So I guess I bought them, but after looking up the prices, yeah its a fuckin' gift at this point...

But I've played space weeabo fagets for the last decade and dunno even how to go about fielding them... or what they're about.

Don't know if this is the place to discuss the lore, but whatever.
Is it heretic to masturbate to a SoB? Like in-universe heretic. Like a Commisar blamming an IG soldier if he gets caught masturbating with an image of a SoB.

I just finished a rough rider.

No. Why would it be?

1 heavy weapons team deals 2.72 wounds to a blob, assuming you give them the order to let them reroll 1s in hit or wound (either works)

Assbugers mostly. It's not smug as much as it is 0 social skills and not understanding how to communicate.

Yes.

But you wouldn't actually get blammed.

>because the officer tasked with the job is too busy
>masturbating over the thought of blamming veterans after only having a commission for just under a month.

Potential Slaanesh corruption or something?